|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number did Germanicus consider especially unlucky?
2. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(b) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
(c) create a special political office for Sejanus.
(d) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
(b) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(c) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(d) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
4. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
(a) Livia told him that it would look bad if he favored his son.
(b) Sejanus warned him that it might be a trap to assassinate him.
(c) Thrasyllus warned him against making any trips that week.
(d) He thought Castor was making up the illness to get sympathy.
5. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Go to sleep
(b) Listen to him talk
(c) Eat a meal
(d) Read a book
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
2. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
3. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
4. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
5. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)