Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) She was still under Livia's protection.
(b) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
(c) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
(d) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
2. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) She killed herself in her cell.
(b) Livia sent her away to an island.
(c) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
(d) She was bribed to perjure herself.
3. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He agreed to go back to his island.
(b) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
(c) He was tortured and then killed.
(d) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
4. How did Antonia die?
(a) She stabbed herself with a dagger.
(b) She starved herself to death.
(c) She drank poison in her wine.
(d) She threw herself off a cliff.
5. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
2. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
3. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
4. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
5. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)