|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
(b) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(c) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(d) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Give the most stirring speech
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Faint when a gladiator dies
3. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
4. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
5. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(c) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
3. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
4. What finally happens to Plancina?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)