|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
(b) High Priestess to Augustus
(d) Mother of the Country
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
4. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(b) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(c) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(d) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
2. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
3. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
4. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
5. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)