|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he had made changes to his will
(b) That he was not interested in being a God
(c) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(d) That he had decided to free Postumus
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(b) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(c) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(d) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
3. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
4. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
(b) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
(c) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(d) She kills herself by taking poison.
5. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
3. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
4. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)