|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Give the most stirring speech
(b) Faint when a gladiator dies
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Fight with one of the gladiators
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) Augustus asks him to marry her
(c) It gives him more political status
(d) As a favor to Livia's friend
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(b) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(c) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(d) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
3. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)