|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(c) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(d) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
4. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
5. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(b) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(c) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(d) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
2. What finally happens to Plancina?
3. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
4. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)