|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(b) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(c) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(d) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
2. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
3. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fall out of the royal box
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Faint when a gladiator dies
(d) Give the most stirring speech
4. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(b) His statue was struck by lightning.
(c) His statue was seen to move .
(d) The planets move into alignment.
5. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
5. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)