|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
2. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
(b) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
(c) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(d) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
3. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(b) That he was not interested in being a God
(c) That he had decided to free Postumus
(d) That he had made changes to his will
4. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(d) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(b) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(c) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(d) The fact that everyone is related to each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
2. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
3. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
4. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
5. What finally happens to Plancina?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)