|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(d) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
2. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(b) She kills herself by taking poison.
(c) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
(d) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
3. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
4. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(b) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(c) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(d) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
4. Who was the Crocodile?
5. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)