|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
2. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(a) Chief Ponticate
(d) Protector of the People
3. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
4. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Quick and the Dead
(c) The Bookworm and the Boar
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
5. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(b) That he had made changes to his will
(c) That he was not interested in being a God
(d) That he had decided to free Postumus
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
2. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
3. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
4. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
5. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)