|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(b) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(c) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(d) They would have been attacked by the people there.
2. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
3. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) Livia sent her away to an island.
(b) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(c) She killed herself in her cell.
(d) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fight with one of the gladiators
(b) Faint when a gladiator dies
(c) Give the most stirring speech
(d) Fall out of the royal box
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(b) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(c) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(d) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
3. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
4. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)