|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(c) Single women have more rights
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
3. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he was not interested in being a God
(b) That he had decided to free Postumus
(c) That he had made changes to his will
(d) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
4. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
(b) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(c) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
(d) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
5. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(b) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(c) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(d) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
3. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
4. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
5. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)