|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
2. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(c) Cassius Chærea
3. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Chief Ponticate
(c) Protector of the People
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
5. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
(a) Mother of the Country
(d) High Priestess to Augustus
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally happens to Plancina?
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
4. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
5. Who was the Crocodile?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)