|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Bookworm and the Boar
(b) The Quick and the Dead
(c) The Camel and the Elephant
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fall out of the royal box
(b) Faint when a gladiator dies
(c) Fight with one of the gladiators
(d) Give the most stirring speech
3. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(b) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
(c) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
(d) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
(b) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(c) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(d) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(b) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(c) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(d) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
3. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
4. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
5. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)