|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Give the most stirring speech
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(b) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(c) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(d) The fact that everyone is related to each other
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) There are no pretty girls left
4. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(b) That he had made changes to his will
(c) That he had decided to free Postumus
(d) That he was not interested in being a God
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
2. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
3. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
4. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
5. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)