|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Give the most stirring speech
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Fight with one of the gladiators
2. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(b) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(c) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(d) They would have been attacked by the people there.
3. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) She killed herself in her cell.
(b) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(c) Livia sent her away to an island.
(d) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
4. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(b) His statue was struck by lightning.
(c) His statue was seen to move .
(d) The planets move into alignment.
5. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
(b) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(c) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(d) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What really happened to Postumus?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
4. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)