|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) Augustus asks him to marry her
(b) It gives him more political status
(c) He falls in love with her
(d) As a favor to Livia's friend
3. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
(b) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(c) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
(d) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(b) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(c) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
(d) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
5. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
(b) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(c) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(d) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
2. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
4. What really happened to Postumus?
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)