|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Dove and the Hawk
(d) The Quick and the Dead
2. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(b) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(c) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(d) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
3. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
4. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
5. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) Livia sent her away to an island.
(b) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
(c) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(d) She killed herself in her cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
3. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)