|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) There are no pretty girls left
3. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(d) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) Augustus asks him to marry her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) It gives him more political status
5. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(b) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(c) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
(d) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
2. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)