|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(b) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(c) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(d) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
(b) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(c) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(d) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
3. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(c) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(d) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
4. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He agreed to go back to his island.
(b) He was tortured and then killed.
(c) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
(d) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) It gives him more political status
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
2. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
3. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
4. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
5. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)