One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They are shocked into silence.
(b) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
(c) They hold a long debate on the issue.
(d) They immediately order punishment.
2. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(b) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(c) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(d) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
3. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(b) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(c) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
(d) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
4. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(b) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(c) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(d) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
5. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(b) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(c) The building of a new library in Rome
(d) Getting appointed to a public position
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
2. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
3. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
4. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)