Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
2. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
3. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
4. How is Willie when he returns?
5. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
Essay Topic 1
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)