|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say about this gathering?
2. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
3. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
4. What happens when the candles are lit, champagne is poured, and Cora starts to play?
5. Why does Hickey want to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Essay Topic 3
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)