|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
2. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
3. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
4. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
5. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers. Part 1) Name tow of these characters. Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams. Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
Essay Topic 2Foreshadowing frequently takes place. Part 1) Name two instances of foreshadowing. Part 2) What do they foreshadow? Part 3) Why does the author use this specific literary device?
Essay Topic 3Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses. Part 1) Why does he feel guilty? Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not? Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)