|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Rocky not keep Hickey from being executed?
2. Why does Hickey want to die?
3. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
4. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
5. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play ends with the down-and-outers singing their favorite songs.
Part 1) What is the significance of this ending?
Part 2) Predict the future of the down-and-outers.
Part 3) How might Larry's future be different than the others' futures? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Larry is considered by many to be the protagonist of the play.
Part 1) How is he the protagonist?
Part 2) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 3) How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing frequently takes place.
Part 1) Name two instances of foreshadowing.
Part 2) What do they foreshadow?
Part 3) Why does the author use this specific literary device?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)