Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
2. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
3. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
4. How is Willie when he returns?
5. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Essay Topic 2
Several of the characters were members of the Anarchy Movement.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Do they still believe in the Movement? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why are they now at Harry Hope's Saloon and Bar?
Essay Topic 3
The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers.
Part 1) Name tow of these characters.
Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)