|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
2. How is Willie when he returns?
3. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
4. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
5. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers.
Part 1) Name tow of these characters.
Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing frequently takes place.
Part 1) Name two instances of foreshadowing.
Part 2) What do they foreshadow?
Part 3) Why does the author use this specific literary device?
Essay Topic 3
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)