|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
2. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
3. Why does Henry reject the watch?
4. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
5. What does Rocky wonder about Evelyn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Hugo is inebriated the entire play.
Part 1) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 2) How do the other characters interact with him?
Part 3) Describe him at the end of the play, as compared to the beginning.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)