|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Rocky not keep Hickey from being executed?
2. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
3. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
4. What does Harry say about this gathering?
5. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Hickey's wife dies.
Part 1) How does she die?
Part 2) Why does she die?
Part 3) How does Hickey cope with her death?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)