|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
2. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
3. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
4. How is Willie when he returns?
5. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
Essay Topic 1
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
Essay Topic 2
Larry is considered by many to be the protagonist of the play.
Part 1) How is he the protagonist?
Part 2) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 3) How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)