|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
2. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
3. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
4. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
5. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)