|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
2. What does Harry say they all want to do?
3. What happens when the candles are lit, champagne is poured, and Cora starts to play?
4. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
5. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers.
Part 1) Name tow of these characters.
Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
Essay Topic 2
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Larry is considered by many to be the protagonist of the play.
Part 1) How is he the protagonist?
Part 2) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 3) How does this character change throughout the play?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)