|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police not know?
2. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
3. Who are the two men that appear?
4. What do Chuck and the others say to Hickey as he is rambling on about having no more pipe dreams living freely?
5. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers.
Part 1) Name tow of these characters.
Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
Essay Topic 2
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 3
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)