|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
2. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
3. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
4. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
5. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing frequently takes place.
Part 1) Name two instances of foreshadowing.
Part 2) What do they foreshadow?
Part 3) Why does the author use this specific literary device?
Essay Topic 2
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Hugo is inebriated the entire play.
Part 1) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 2) How do the other characters interact with him?
Part 3) Describe him at the end of the play, as compared to the beginning.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)