|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
2. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
3. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
4. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
5. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing frequently takes place.
Part 1) Name two instances of foreshadowing.
Part 2) What do they foreshadow?
Part 3) Why does the author use this specific literary device?
Essay Topic 2
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
All of the characters have pipe dreams.
Part 1) What is a pipe dream?
Part 2) Name two characters and their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How do they come to realize they have pipe dreams?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)