|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
2. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
3. Why does Parritt say he betrayed his mother?
4. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
5. What does Hickey say when he comes in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters at the bar are called regular down-and-outers.
Part 1) Name tow of these characters.
Part 2) Describe the characters at the beginning of the play, as well as their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How are they changed by Hickey?
Essay Topic 2
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 3
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)