|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
2. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
3. How does Parritt feel about finding Larry?
4. What does Willie's singing do?
5. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
2. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
3. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
4. How does Parritt feel about his mother?
5. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
6. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
7. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
8. What happens to Parritt after he leaves the bar?
9. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
10. How does Hickey act after he mentions Jimmy's wife cheating on him? What does his behavior leave Larry to wonder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Larry is the only character to truly convert to Hickey's belief system.
Part 1) What is Hickey's belief system?
Part 2) How has Larry been converted?
Part 3) How does this conversion affect Larry?
Essay Topic 3
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)