Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
4. About what does Willie complain?
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
4. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
5. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
6. What is the story about?
7. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
10. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Larry is the only character to truly convert to Hickey's belief system.
Part 1) What is Hickey's belief system?
Part 2) How has Larry been converted?
Part 3) How does this conversion affect Larry?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)