|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
2. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
3. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
4. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
5. Why does Larry leave this organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
2. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
3. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
4. What does Harry say he knew all along?
5. What has happened to Wetjoen and Lewis?
6. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
7. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
8. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
9. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
10. What does Hickey encourage the down-and-outers to do? What is the result of his encouragement?
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Essay Topic 2
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Larry is the only character to truly convert to Hickey's belief system.
Part 1) What is Hickey's belief system?
Part 2) How has Larry been converted?
Part 3) How does this conversion affect Larry?
This section contains 1,441 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)