|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lewis and Wetjoen reliving their rivalry?
2. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
3. What does Larry accuse Hickey of being?
4. What dies with Harry's wife?
5. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Mosher reminisce?
2. How does the play begin?
3. Why is Parritt worried?
4. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
5. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
6. What is done to prepare for the birthday party?
7. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
10. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)