|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hickey is a friend of whom?
2. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
3. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
4. What story does Cora tell?
5. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
2. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
3. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
4. What is the story about?
5. How does the play begin?
6. How does Hickey act after he mentions Jimmy's wife cheating on him? What does his behavior leave Larry to wonder?
7. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
8. Why is Rocky so upset?
9. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
10. What does Hickey begin to list?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 2
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 3
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)