Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
4. About what does Willie complain?
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
4. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
5. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
6. What is the story about?
7. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
10. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
Essay Topic 1
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 2
The play ends with the down-and-outers singing their favorite songs.
Part 1) What is the significance of this ending?
Part 2) Predict the future of the down-and-outers.
Part 3) How might Larry's future be different than the others' futures? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Several of the characters were members of the Anarchy Movement.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Do they still believe in the Movement? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why are they now at Harry Hope's Saloon and Bar?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)