|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parritt want from Larry?
2. On what did Jimmy report?
3. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
4. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
5. Hickey is a friend of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
2. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
3. What does Harry say he knew all along?
4. How does the play begin?
5. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
6. About what does Mosher reminisce?
7. How does Evelyn feel about Hickey?
8. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
9. What is the story about?
10. What happens to Parritt after he leaves the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play is called THE ICEMAN COMETH.
Part 1) Which characters is referred to as the iceman? Why?
Part 2) What does the iceman symbolize?
Part 3) When and how does the "iceman cometh" in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Several of the characters were members of the Anarchy Movement.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Do they still believe in the Movement? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why are they now at Harry Hope's Saloon and Bar?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)