|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is nearing completion later that night at the saloon?
2. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
3. What does Harry urge the others to do?
4. About what does Willie complain?
5. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Wetjoen and Lewis?
2. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
3. About what does Mosher reminisce?
4. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
5. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
6. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
7. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
8. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
9. How does the play begin?
10. Why is Parritt worried?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the characters were members of the Anarchy Movement.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Do they still believe in the Movement? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why are they now at Harry Hope's Saloon and Bar?
Essay Topic 2
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 3
Hugo is inebriated the entire play.
Part 1) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 2) How do the other characters interact with him?
Part 3) Describe him at the end of the play, as compared to the beginning.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)