|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did Jimmy report?
2. What are almost all the regulars doing?
3. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
4. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
5. What does Parritt want from Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What does Hickey encourage the down-and-outers to do? What is the result of his encouragement?
3. How does Parritt feel about his mother?
4. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
5. What is done to prepare for the birthday party?
6. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
7. About what does Mosher reminisce?
8. How has Larry spent his day?
9. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
10. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)