|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What triggered a fight with his mother?
2. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
3. How does Hickey enter?
4. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
5. What had Willie been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story about?
2. How is the argument diffused?
3. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
4. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
5. Who is Harry?
6. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
7. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
8. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
9. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
10. What does Harry say he knew all along?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is afraid to go outside.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What happens when he goes outside?
Part 3) Will he ever leave again? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)