|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey reveal about his visit?
2. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
3. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
4. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
5. Why does Willie begin to sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
2. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
3. How does Hickey believe he can repair the damage done to his relationship with the down-and-outers?
4. What is done to prepare for the birthday party?
5. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
6. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
7. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
8. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
9. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
10. About what does Mosher reminisce?
Essay Topic 1
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Several of the characters were members of the Anarchy Movement.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Do they still believe in the Movement? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why are they now at Harry Hope's Saloon and Bar?
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)