Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
4. About what does Willie complain?
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
4. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
5. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
6. What is the story about?
7. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
10. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
The play is called THE ICEMAN COMETH.
Part 1) Which characters is referred to as the iceman? Why?
Part 2) What does the iceman symbolize?
Part 3) When and how does the "iceman cometh" in the play?
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
All of the characters have pipe dreams.
Part 1) What is a pipe dream?
Part 2) Name two characters and their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How do they come to realize they have pipe dreams?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)