|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
2. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
3. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
4. How does Hickey enter?
5. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Larry's annoyance at Parritt lead?
2. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
3. Who is Hickey?
4. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
5. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
6. How does Parritt feel about the Movement?
7. How does Harry respond to Hickey's second toast?
8. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
9. How has Larry spent his day?
10. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The play is called THE ICEMAN COMETH. Part 1) Which characters is referred to as the iceman? Why? Part 2) What does the iceman symbolize? Part 3) When and how does the "iceman cometh" in the play?
Essay Topic 2Hickey's wife dies. Part 1) How does she die? Part 2) Why does she die? Part 3) How does Hickey cope with her death?
Essay Topic 3All of the characters have pipe dreams. Part 1) What is a pipe dream? Part 2) Name two characters and their pipe dreams. Part 3) How do they come to realize they have pipe dreams?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)