|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
2. What dies with Harry's wife?
3. Why is Larry angry with Parritt?
4. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
5. What does Cora say about Hickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harry?
2. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
3. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
4. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
5. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
6. How is the argument diffused?
7. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
8. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
9. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
10. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Parritt's mother is imprisoned.
Part 1) Why is she imprisoned?
Part 2) What role does her son have in her imprisonment?
Part 3) How does his role in her imprisonment affect him?
Essay Topic 3
The play is called THE ICEMAN COMETH.
Part 1) Which characters is referred to as the iceman? Why?
Part 2) What does the iceman symbolize?
Part 3) When and how does the "iceman cometh" in the play?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)