|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
2. What dies with Harry's wife?
3. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
4. What days does Joe recall?
5. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
2. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
3. How is the argument diffused?
4. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
5. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
6. How does Hickey feel before coming to the bar for his annual visit?
7. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
8. Why is Parritt worried?
9. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
10. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
Essay Topic 3
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)