|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry call Parritt?
2. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
3. How does Hickey enter?
4. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
5. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
2. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
3. Who is Willie?
4. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
5. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
6. What does Hickey begin to list?
7. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
8. How does Hickey believe he can repair the damage done to his relationship with the down-and-outers?
9. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
10. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry is the only character to truly convert to Hickey's belief system.
Part 1) What is Hickey's belief system?
Part 2) How has Larry been converted?
Part 3) How does this conversion affect Larry?
Essay Topic 2
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
There are several themes.
Part 1) What is the theme found in this play?
Part 2) How does the author illustrate this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme significant in regard to this play?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)