|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
2. What does Larry accuse Hickey of being?
3. What does Harry urge the others to do?
4. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
5. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
2. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
3. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
4. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
5. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
6. Why is Parritt worried?
7. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
8. What does Harry say he knew all along?
9. Who is Hickey?
10. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This is a play to be performed.
Part 1) How might watching a performance compare to reading the play?
Part 2) Could aspects of the play be interpreted differently? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would a performance enhance the story for a viewer? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Larry and Parritt know one another prior to meeting in the bar.
Part 1) How do they know one another.
Part 2) How does Parritt find Larry? Why is he looking for Larry?
Part 3) What is their relationship like throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Joe tells everyone the bar is closed for a party.
Part 1) Why are they having a party?
Part 2) What takes place during the party?
Part 3) How does this party affect the characters?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)