|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
2. What is Willie determined to do?
3. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
4. What kind of student is Willie?
5. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
3. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
4. How do several of the regulars end up in a very heated argument?
5. How does Hickey believe he can repair the damage done to his relationship with the down-and-outers?
6. What happens to Parritt after he leaves the bar?
7. How does Parritt feel about his mother?
8. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
9. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
10. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
Essay Topic 1
Chuck is a pimp, and Cora is a prostitute.
Part 1) What is their pipe dream?
Part 2) How do they make this pipe dream come true?
Part 3) Are they successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Larry is the only character to truly convert to Hickey's belief system.
Part 1) What is Hickey's belief system?
Part 2) How has Larry been converted?
Part 3) How does this conversion affect Larry?
Essay Topic 3
The down-and-outers' attempts to make their pipe dreams become reality fail.
Part 1) Why do they fail?
Part 2) Upon what or who do they blame their failure?
Part 3) How does this attempt and failure affect them?
This section contains 1,569 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)