|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
2. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
3. Hickey is a friend of whom?
4. About what does Rocky complain?
5. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
2. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
3. Why is Parritt worried?
4. What does Hickey begin to list?
5. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
6. What jokes does Mosher tell?
7. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
8. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
9. How has Larry spent his day?
10. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hugo is inebriated the entire play.
Part 1) What is his purpose in the play?
Part 2) How do the other characters interact with him?
Part 3) Describe him at the end of the play, as compared to the beginning.
Essay Topic 2
All of the characters have pipe dreams.
Part 1) What is a pipe dream?
Part 2) Name two characters and their pipe dreams.
Part 3) How do they come to realize they have pipe dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Parritt's guilt increases as the play progresses.
Part 1) Why does he feel guilty?
Part 2) How does he initially try to cope with this guilt? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he end both his guilt and his mother's, according to him?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)