|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new characters arrive?
(a) Mark and Patrick.
(b) Megan and Patty.
(c) Molly and Polly.
(d) Margie and Pearl.
2. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
(a) If he had known the drinks were so expensive.
(b) If he had known he would be teased.
(c) If he had known the other clients would be so rude.
(d) If he had known is was a place where prostitutes hung out.
3. What does Harry say about Hickey?
(a) He no longer likes him.
(b) He cannot figure him out.
(c) He does not trust him.
(d) He worries about him.
4. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
(a) With surprise.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With tears.
(d) With hostility.
5. From what does Hickey want to save the regulars?
(a) Their pipe dreams.
(c) Alcohol addiction.
(d) One another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
2. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
3. On what did Jimmy report?
4. What does Harry urge the others to do?
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
2. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
3. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
4. Why is Hickey at the bar?
5. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
6. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
7. What has happened to Wetjoen and Lewis?
8. How does Evelyn feel about Hickey?
9. How does Parritt feel about his mother?
10. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)