|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
(a) She is correct.
(b) He is correct.
(c) He has it all wrong.
(d) She has it all wrong.
2. What days does Joe recall?
(a) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
(b) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(c) The days of his youth.
(d) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
3. What had Harry been?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A small time politician.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A lawyer.
4. What is the story about?
(a) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(b) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(c) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(d) A cave man coming to life.
5. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
(a) Try his luck with the circus again.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop stealing.
(d) Give up his return to the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
2. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
3. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
4. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
5. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
4. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
5. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
6. Why is Rocky so upset?
7. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
8. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
9. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
10. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)