|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story about?
(a) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(b) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(c) A cave man coming to life.
(d) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
2. How does everyone react when Hickey says he has stopped drinking?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They think he is joking.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They believe him instantly.
3. What does Larry call Parritt?
(a) A freak.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) A genious.
(d) His son.
4. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
(b) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(c) One day when he woke up.
(d) When he turned forty.
5. About what does Willie complain?
(a) Being left out of Larry's description.
(b) A boring job.
(c) Running out of alcohol.
(d) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
2. What does Willie's singing do?
3. Of what was Larry once an active member?
4. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
5. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
2. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
3. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
4. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
5. How do several of the regulars end up in a very heated argument?
6. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
7. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
8. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
9. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
10. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)