|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
(a) He goes upstairs to his room.
(b) He buys Parritt a drink.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He retreats into unconsciousness.
2. About what does Joe dream?
(a) His wife.
(c) His life.
(d) His gambling hall.
3. What does Larry call Parritt?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A freak.
(c) A genious.
(d) His son.
4. What is Willie determined to do?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Be cheerful.
(c) Go and apply for a job.
(d) Leave the bar.
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
2. Why does Willie stop singing?
3. About what do Pearl and Margie tease Parritt?
4. What days does Joe recall?
5. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Evelyn feel about Hickey?
2. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
3. About what does Mosher reminisce?
4. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
5. How does Hickey feel before coming to the bar for his annual visit?
6. What does Harry say he knew all along?
7. How does Hickey act after he mentions Jimmy's wife cheating on him? What does his behavior leave Larry to wonder?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
10. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)