|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
(b) He is bored with singing.
(c) He is tired.
(d) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
2. What does Hickey say about Larry's attitude?
(a) He is correct.
(b) It is just another pipe dream.
(c) He is partially correct.
(d) He does not know what he is talking about.
3. What kind of student is Willie?
(a) A med student.
(b) A law student.
(c) A grad student.
(d) A doctoral student.
4. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) The girls are annoying him.
(b) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
(c) He wants to run away.
(d) Hickey has started a real revolution.
5. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
(a) Hickey better watch what he says.
(b) Hickey better stay away from him.
(c) Hickey better not talk to his girls.
(d) Hickey better leave the bar quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
2. What is nearing completion later that night at the saloon?
3. What had Harry been?
4. Why does Larry leave this organization?
5. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
2. What does Hickey encourage the down-and-outers to do? What is the result of his encouragement?
3. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
4. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
5. Who is Hickey?
6. How do several of the regulars end up in a very heated argument?
7. What is the story about?
8. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
9. To what does Larry's annoyance at Parritt lead?
10. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)