|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He does not like Mosher.
(b) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
(c) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
(d) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
2. What had Harry been?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A small time politician.
3. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
4. What do the girls believe they are?
(d) Not prostitutes.
5. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
(b) The girls are annoying him.
(c) Hickey has started a real revolution.
(d) He wants to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say about Hickey?
2. What does Parritt want from Larry?
3. What story does Cora tell?
4. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
5. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry say he knew all along?
2. How does the play begin?
3. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
4. What happens to Parritt after he leaves the bar?
5. What is done to prepare for the birthday party?
6. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
7. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
8. How do several of the regulars end up in a very heated argument?
9. About what does Mosher reminisce?
10. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)