|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
(a) They are realistic.
(b) He has never had dreams.
(c) They are dead and buried.
(d) They are alive.
2. What are almost all the regulars doing?
(b) Running tabs.
3. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
(b) They congratulate her for getting married.
(c) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(d) They glare at her because they are jealous.
4. What new characters arrive?
(a) Megan and Patty.
(b) Margie and Pearl.
(c) Mark and Patrick.
(d) Molly and Polly.
5. What story has Hickey not told?
(a) His iceman story.
(b) His milkman story.
(c) His own story.
(d) His mailman story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
2. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
3. About what do Pearl and Margie tease Parritt?
4. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
5. Why does Larry leave this organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
2. How is the argument diffused?
3. What has happened to Wetjoen and Lewis?
4. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
5. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
6. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
7. How does Parritt feel about the Movement?
8. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
9. What is done to prepare for the birthday party?
10. What is the story about?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)