|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He looked horrible.
(b) He seemed upset.
(c) He seemed different.
(d) He was rude.
2. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
(a) He lists them.
(b) He tells them to forget their pipe dreams.
(c) He counsels them on them.
(d) He taunts them about their pipe dreams.
3. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
(a) Rocky's comments about how he is annoying.
(b) Cora's comments about him being the iceman.
(c) Pearl's comments about him acting strangely.
(d) Larry's comments about him being afraid.
4. What days does Joe recall?
(a) The days of his youth.
(b) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
(c) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(d) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
5. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Admit they are prostitutes.
(c) Leave the bar and Rocky.
(d) Find real jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Bessie's family?
2. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
3. Why is Parritt worried?
4. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
5. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Willie?
2. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
3. How does Hickey believe he can repair the damage done to his relationship with the down-and-outers?
4. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
5. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
6. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
7. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
8. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
9. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
10. Why is Rocky so upset?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)