|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
(a) Hickey better leave the bar quickly.
(b) Hickey better watch what he says.
(c) Hickey better not talk to his girls.
(d) Hickey better stay away from him.
2. What is the story about?
(a) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(b) A cave man coming to life.
(c) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(d) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
3. Hickey is a friend of whom?
4. What does Rocky say he is not?
(a) A thug.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) A husband.
5. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
2. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
4. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
5. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
2. How is the argument diffused?
3. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
4. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
5. What does Hickey encourage the down-and-outers to do? What is the result of his encouragement?
6. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
7. To what does Larry's annoyance at Parritt lead?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
10. Who is Willie?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)