Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
(a) She deserves Cora's taunting.
(b) Cora has done nothing wrong.
(c) She is not a virgin.
(d) She is unkind to Cora.
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(b) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
(c) One day when he woke up.
(d) When he turned forty.
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He does not like Mosher.
(b) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
(c) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
(d) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
4. About what does Willie complain?
(a) A boring job.
(b) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(c) Running out of alcohol.
(d) Being left out of Larry's description.
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry urge the others to do?
2. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
3. Hickey is a friend of whom?
4. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
5. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
4. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
5. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
6. What is the story about?
7. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
8. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
9. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
10. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)