|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) He will buy them a drink.
(b) They are friends with Rocky.
(c) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
(d) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
2. What does Hickey know about everyone?
(a) They resent him.
(b) They trust him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They understand him.
3. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
(a) He asks Hickey who he is.
(b) He introduces himself.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He leaves.
4. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
(a) Stop talking about Hickey.
(b) Respect him.
(c) Have a drinking competition.
(d) Be kind to one another.
5. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
2. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
3. To what does Willie confess?
4. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
5. What does Harry say about Hickey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story about?
2. How does Parritt feel about the Movement?
3. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
4. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
5. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
6. How does Hickey act after he mentions Jimmy's wife cheating on him? What does his behavior leave Larry to wonder?
7. Why does Hickey kill Evelyn?
8. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
9. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
10. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)