|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) Hickey has started a real revolution.
(b) The girls are annoying him.
(c) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
(d) He wants to run away.
2. What had Willie been?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A mediocre med student.
(c) A brilliant law student.
(d) A college professor.
3. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(b) Pours Hickey a drink.
(c) Goes to his room.
(d) Pours himself a drink.
4. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Breaks glass.
(b) Annoys Harry.
(c) Encourages the other to join in.
(d) Awakens all the regulars.
5. What had Harry been?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A small time politician.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
2. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
3. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
4. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
5. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Parritt and Larry?
2. How does the play begin?
3. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
4. How does Harry respond to Hickey's second toast?
5. How does Hickey feel before coming to the bar for his annual visit?
6. What are several of the characters' dreams for the future?
7. Who is Hickey?
8. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
9. What jokes does Mosher tell?
10. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)