|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
(a) They are keeping Rocky busy.
(b) They are pouring drinks.
(c) They are passing out food.
(d) They are preparing the cake.
2. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
3. What do the girls believe they are?
(a) Not prostitutes.
4. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Goes to his room.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(d) Pours Hickey a drink.
5. Of what was Larry once an active member?
(a) The Sierra Club.
(b) The Anarchist Movement.
(c) The NRA.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
2. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
3. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
4. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
5. Why are Lewis and Wetjoen reliving their rivalry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hickey?
2. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
3. How has Larry spent his day?
4. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
5. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
6. What is the story about?
7. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
8. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
9. What happens to Parritt after he leaves the bar?
10. Why is Parritt worried?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)