|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) He loves to sing.
(b) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(c) To entertain the other men.
(d) He has a song stuck in his head.
2. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
(a) Keep the noise down.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Drink more.
3. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Breaks glass.
(b) Awakens all the regulars.
(c) Annoys Harry.
(d) Encourages the other to join in.
4. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
(a) The bar is closed for an inspection.
(b) The bar is closed because there is no alcohol left.
(c) The bar is closed for repairs.
(d) The bar is closed for the party.
5. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
(a) He realized the ideals were pipe dreams.
(b) He no longer had time for it.
(c) He did not get along with the other members.
(d) He did not believe in the ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
2. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
3. For what does he apologize?
4. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
5. What days does Joe recall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
2. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
3. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
4. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
5. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
6. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
7. What is the story about?
8. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
9. Why is Rocky so upset?
10. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)