|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) He has a song stuck in his head.
(b) He loves to sing.
(c) To entertain the other men.
(d) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
2. How does Harry's mood become?
(a) Agitated and nervous.
(b) Excited and happy.
(c) Solemn and still.
(d) Grieving and sentimental.
3. What does Harry urge the others to do?
4. What is the story about?
(a) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(b) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(c) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(d) A cave man coming to life.
5. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie determined to do?
2. From what does Hickey want to save the regulars?
3. On what did Jimmy report?
4. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
5. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
2. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
3. Who is Harry?
4. What takes place between Larry and Parritt?
5. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
6. How do several of the regulars end up in a very heated argument?
7. Why does Hickey stop drinking?
8. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
9. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
10. What does Harry say he knew all along?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)