|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey say about Larry's attitude?
(a) He does not know what he is talking about.
(b) He is partially correct.
(c) It is just another pipe dream.
(d) He is correct.
2. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To call the authorities on Parritt.
(b) To buy gifts.
(c) To buy more alcohol.
(d) To see what the noise is.
3. What new characters arrive?
(a) Margie and Pearl.
(b) Mark and Patrick.
(c) Megan and Patty.
(d) Molly and Polly.
4. About what does Joe dream?
(b) His gambling hall.
(c) His life.
(d) His wife.
5. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
(a) His "women of the night".
(b) His "girlfriends".
(c) His "slave girls".
(d) His "wives".
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
2. Why does Willie begin to sing?
3. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
4. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
5. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
2. To what does Larry's annoyance at Parritt lead?
3. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
4. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
5. About what does Mosher reminisce?
6. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
7. Why is Hickey at the bar?
8. Who is Willie?
9. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Harry?
10. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)