|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
(a) They should get married quickly.
(b) They have no real intention of getting married.
(c) Cora should stop being a prostitute.
(d) They will not move to the country.
2. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
(a) He counsels them on them.
(b) He lists them.
(c) He taunts them about their pipe dreams.
(d) He tells them to forget their pipe dreams.
3. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
4. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To buy more alcohol.
(b) To buy gifts.
(c) To see what the noise is.
(d) To call the authorities on Parritt.
5. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
(b) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(c) They glare at her because they are jealous.
(d) They congratulate her for getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
2. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
3. For what does Hickey again apologize?
4. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
5. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Larry's annoyance at Parritt lead?
2. What does Hickey begin to list?
3. How is the reunion between Rocky, Margie, and Pearl?
4. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
5. What has happened to Wetjoen and Lewis?
6. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
7. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
8. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
9. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
10. How is the argument diffused?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)