|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(b) He loves to sing.
(c) He has a song stuck in his head.
(d) To entertain the other men.
2. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Another drink.
(c) An aspirin.
(d) A glass of water.
3. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
(a) The tab.
(b) Whether Hickey is telling the truth.
(c) Who has the better pipe dreams.
(d) Who will pay for the next drink.
4. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
(a) Buy more gifts for Harry.
(b) Begin the birthday meal.
(c) To sit at a piano and practice.
(d) Marry Chuck and move to the country.
5. About what does Willie complain?
(a) A boring job.
(b) Being left out of Larry's description.
(c) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(d) Running out of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
2. What had Harry been?
3. About what does Rocky complain?
4. With whom is Parritt having a conversation?
5. What does Harry urge the others to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
2. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
3. What does Hickey encourage the down-and-outers to do? What is the result of his encouragement?
4. What have the characters learned about Hickey?
5. What happens when Rocky and Chuck argue?
6. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
7. What happens when Joe enters the bar?
8. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
9. After Larry toasts Hickey and hopes he finds some kind of peace, how does Parritt react?
10. How does Parritt feel about the Movement?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)