|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story about?
(a) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(b) A cave man coming to life.
(c) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(d) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
2. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(b) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
(c) They glare at her because they are jealous.
(d) They congratulate her for getting married.
3. What does Larry accuse Hickey of being?
(a) Refreshing and bold.
(b) Kind and honest.
(c) Insane and a liar.
(d) Strange but exciting.
4. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He seemed upset.
(b) He looked horrible.
(c) He seemed different.
(d) He was rude.
5. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
(a) Begin the birthday meal.
(b) To sit at a piano and practice.
(c) Marry Chuck and move to the country.
(d) Buy more gifts for Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry leave this organization?
2. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
3. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
4. Of what was Larry once an active member?
5. On what did Jimmy report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Larry and Hickey argue about, regarding Larry's life?
2. How does Parritt feel about the Movement?
3. What happens when Hickey calls the girls whores?
4. What jokes does Mosher tell?
5. Why is Parritt worried?
6. What is the story about?
7. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
8. How do Mosher and McGloin almost end up in a fight?
9. What does Hickey begin to list?
10. Why is Rocky so upset?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)