|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
(a) She evaded the draft.
(b) She kidnapped Parritt.
(c) For being involved in a bombing that killed several people.
(d) She is smuggling drugs.
2. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
(a) They should get married quickly.
(b) Cora should stop being a prostitute.
(c) They have no real intention of getting married.
(d) They will not move to the country.
3. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
(b) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
(c) He is bored with singing.
(d) He is tired.
4. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He seemed upset.
(b) He was rude.
(c) He seemed different.
(d) He looked horrible.
5. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
(a) They are passing out food.
(b) They are preparing the cake.
(c) They are keeping Rocky busy.
(d) They are pouring drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
2. What does Harry say about Hickey?
3. About what does Willie complain?
4. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
5. What does Hickey reveal about his visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hickey?
2. How has Larry spent his day?
3. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
4. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
5. What does Hickey begin to list?
6. What does Harry do after storming out of the bar?
7. Why was Bessie angry at McGloin?
8. Who are Lewis, Wejoen, and Jimmy?
9. How does the reader learn about those who had been involved in the Anarchist Movement?
10. How does the play begin?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)