|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey say about Larry's attitude?
(a) He is correct.
(b) It is just another pipe dream.
(c) He is partially correct.
(d) He does not know what he is talking about.
2. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
(b) He is bored with singing.
(c) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
(d) He is tired.
3. From what does Hickey want to save the regulars?
(a) Their pipe dreams.
(c) One another.
(d) Alcohol addiction.
4. Why does Larry leave this organization?
(a) It is disbanded.
(b) He becomes disillusioned.
(c) He loses all of his friends.
(d) He does not earn enough money.
5. What triggered a fight with his mother?
(b) Reading banned literature.
(c) A fight over a prostitute.
(d) Coming home after curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
2. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
3. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
4. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
5. How does Hickey enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry say he knew all along?
2. Why is Rocky so upset?
3. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
4. How does Harry react when Hickey refuses to go on the walk with him?
5. What is Hickey's response to Harry comment after the toast? How does this change Harry?
6. What does Joe recall about the days when he ran a successful gambling house?
7. Why does Willie refuse Rocky's drink offer?
8. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
9. What is the story about?
10. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)