|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls believe they are?
(c) Not prostitutes.
2. What triggered a fight with his mother?
(b) Coming home after curfew.
(c) A fight over a prostitute.
(d) Reading banned literature.
3. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
(a) The bar is closed for the party.
(b) The bar is closed for repairs.
(c) The bar is closed for an inspection.
(d) The bar is closed because there is no alcohol left.
4. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(b) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(c) Hickey's got the right perspective.
(d) They are just fine the way they are.
5. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
(b) He will buy them a drink.
(c) They are friends with Rocky.
(d) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Willie been?
2. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
3. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
4. On what did Jimmy report?
5. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the regulars feel about their lives and the idea of suicide?
2. Name two things discussed in Larry and Rocky's conversation.
3. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
4. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
5. What do some of the characters think about Hickey?
6. What happens when Lewis and Wetjoen are awakened up by Willie's singing?
7. How do the regulars feel about Hickey?
8. About what does Hickey talk to Larry?
9. What is the story about?
10. What is Larry's comment when Rocky tells him the locals all promise to pay their tabs tomorrow?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)