|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He argues.
2. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He was rude.
(b) He looked horrible.
(c) He seemed upset.
(d) He seemed different.
3. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) About the other regulars.
(b) Where his mother is being held.
(c) Where to find a job.
(d) How to get a room in the hotel.
4. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
(b) They are friends with Rocky.
(c) He will buy them a drink.
(d) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
5. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
(a) As the result of overwork.
(b) He does not like Hickey.
(c) He is teasing Hickey.
(d) Hickey drinks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
2. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
3. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
4. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
5. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hickey act after he mentions Jimmy's wife cheating on him? What does his behavior leave Larry to wonder?
2. What does Hickey say in his long speech?
3. Why is Parritt worried?
4. What does Hickey do after he encourages the others to keep drinking?
5. About what does Mosher reminisce?
6. How has Larry spent his day?
7. What has Chuck realized about his pipe dreams?
8. What does Harry say he knew all along?
9. How does Rocky feel about being called a pimp?
10. What does Hickey begin to list?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)