|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(a) Says he is innocent.
(c) Calls out for help.
(d) Pleads for a few more minutes.
2. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Change his life.
3. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
(a) She is stealing from him.
(b) She is cheating on him with the iceman.
(c) She is planning on leaving him.
(d) She loves and forgives him in order to humiliate him.
4. Why does Parritt feel more connected to Hickey?
(a) Hickey admits to having pipe dreams.
(b) Hickey is kind to Parritt.
(c) Hickey reveals he knows Parritt's mother.
(d) Hickey reveals his wife's death.
5. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) How to drink.
(b) His new watch.
(c) A gift from his wife.
(d) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
6. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Buy him a drink.
(c) Tell his story.
(d) Sit by him.
7. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He is stuck in his chair.
(c) Harry will not let him.
(d) He hurt his leg.
8. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He is upset about his wife.
(b) So they do not attract the police.
(c) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(d) They are taunting him.
9. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) Marriage is heaven.
(b) They are reality.
(c) They are dreams.
(d) They have come true.
10. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
(a) Turn sour.
(b) Lose its impact.
(d) Get warm.
11. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is as it should be.
(b) It is his real birthday party.
(c) It is the safest place to be.
(d) It is pathetic.
12. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To get a life.
(d) To find a game.
13. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) At an automobile dealership.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) In the restaurant.
14. What does Larry realize about himself?
(a) He needs to get a real life.
(b) He is the only real convert.
(c) He is loney.
(d) He misses Parritt.
15. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
(a) He made important changes in his life.
(b) His downward spiral began.
(c) He killed the man.
(d) He made time for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
2. What does Rocky wonder about Evelyn?
3. What do the police not know?
4. How is Willie when he returns?
5. About what is Hugo glad?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)