|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard?
(a) Of screeching metal.
(b) A honk.
(c) A crash.
(d) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
2. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
(a) She is not dead.
(b) They were never officially married.
(c) He shot Eveylyn.
(d) She was shot.
3. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
(a) To rot in jail.
(b) A better life.
(c) A better husband.
(d) To be killed in her sleep.
4. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He hurt his leg.
(b) He is stuck in his chair.
(c) He is too drunk.
(d) Harry will not let him.
5. Why does Parritt feel more connected to Hickey?
(a) Hickey reveals he knows Parritt's mother.
(b) Hickey admits to having pipe dreams.
(c) Hickey reveals his wife's death.
(d) Hickey is kind to Parritt.
6. How is Willie when he returns?
(a) Excited and anxious.
(b) Timid and shy.
(c) Nervous and upset.
(d) Sad and lonely.
7. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(b) Ugly women.
(c) Poor women.
(d) Shallow women.
8. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky hugs him.
(b) Rocky hits him.
(c) Rocky taunts him.
(d) Rocky spits at him.
9. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He writes a note for Hickey.
(b) He packs his things.
(c) He says goodbye to the regulars.
(d) He shatters a glass on the floor.
10. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
(a) She loves and forgives him in order to humiliate him.
(b) She is planning on leaving him.
(c) She is cheating on him with the iceman.
(d) She is stealing from him.
11. For what are the regulars waiting?
(a) To feel the effect the booze is going to have on them.
(b) Parritt to leave.
(c) Their dreams to become reality.
(d) Hickey to return.
12. What does Harry say they all want to do?
(a) Just pass out and have a little peace.
(b) Keep their pipe dreams.
(c) Go home.
(d) Keep drinking.
13. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
14. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) Marriage is heaven.
(b) They are dreams.
(c) They have come true.
(d) They are reality.
15. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) She is cruel to him.
(c) He wants a new wife.
(d) She was fooling around with the iceman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Harry into the bar?
2. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
3. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
4. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
5. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)