|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the regulars waiting?
(a) Their dreams to become reality.
(b) Parritt to leave.
(c) Hickey to return.
(d) To feel the effect the booze is going to have on them.
2. What does Harry say they all want to do?
(a) Keep drinking.
(b) Keep their pipe dreams.
(c) Go home.
(d) Just pass out and have a little peace.
3. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
(a) Go for a walk with him.
(b) Give him another gift.
(c) Remind him of Bessie.
(d) Buy him a drink.
4. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
(a) She is playing too loudly.
(b) The song is upsetting him.
(c) He does not like the song she is playing.
(d) She does not even know the tune.
5. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Ugly women.
(c) Shallow women.
6. What does Hickey know is hard to face down?
(c) Pipe dreams.
7. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
(a) Get a drink.
(b) Change his life.
(c) Go home.
(d) Take a nap.
8. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(c) South Africa.
9. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To make a phone call.
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To prison.
10. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a game.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To get a life.
(d) To find a job.
11. Why does Parritt say he betrayed his mother?
(a) She needed to be caught.
(b) He knew what she was doing is illegal.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He hated her.
12. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Harry's brothers.
(b) Joe and Jimmy.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Parritt's friends.
13. What sound is heard?
(a) A honk.
(b) Of screeching metal.
(c) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
(d) A crash.
14. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
(a) There is a nervous silence.
(b) She likes Cora's playing.
(c) So the party can have some life.
(d) Margie wants Cora to play her favorite song.
15. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of death.
(b) Peace of faith.
(c) Peace of honesty.
(d) Peace of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
2. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
3. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
4. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
5. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)