|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He is upset about his wife.
(b) They are taunting him.
(c) So they do not attract the police.
(d) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
2. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
(a) He should be executed.
(b) He should be given a psychological evaluation.
(c) He should be exiled.
(d) He should be punished.
3. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was a good man and a good husband.
(b) He was a horrible person.
(c) He was insane.
(d) She would never forgive him.
4. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
(b) A gift from his wife.
(c) How to drink.
(d) His new watch.
5. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(b) Shallow women.
(c) Ugly women.
(d) Poor women.
6. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
(a) The mall.
(b) A museum.
(d) An amusement park.
7. Where has Hickey gone?
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To make a phone call.
(d) To prison.
8. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
(a) He is stunned.
(b) He cries.
(c) He seems transformed.
(d) He collapses.
9. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) A couple of years ago.
(c) Before his wife died.
(d) His last birthday.
10. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
11. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To find a game.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To get a life.
12. How is Willie when he returns?
(a) Nervous and upset.
(b) Timid and shy.
(c) Excited and anxious.
(d) Sad and lonely.
13. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) At an automobile dealership.
14. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
(a) They are both annoying.
(b) They both are hypocrites.
(c) They both have pipe dreams.
(d) They are both delusional.
15. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) Outside the bar.
(b) In different seats.
(c) In their usual positions.
(d) At the tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
2. What does Hickey shout?
3. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
4. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
5. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)