|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
(a) It will never completely go away.
(b) It will linger.
(c) It can and will fade.
(d) It is understandable.
2. What do the police not know?
(a) Who killed Evelyn.
(b) That Evelyn is dead.
(c) To read the Miranda Rights.
(d) The law.
3. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He is upset about his wife.
(b) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(c) They are taunting him.
(d) So they do not attract the police.
4. What sound is heard?
(a) A honk.
(b) A crash.
(c) Of screeching metal.
(d) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
5. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
(a) He is not dreamer.
(b) His dreams will come true.
(c) Hickey should have such good dreams.
(d) He has the right to dream.
6. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He is stuck in his chair.
(b) Harry will not let him.
(c) He is too drunk.
(d) He hurt his leg.
7. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(b) Calls out for help.
(c) Pleads for a few more minutes.
(d) Says he is innocent.
8. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
(a) They both have pipe dreams.
(b) They are both delusional.
(c) They both are hypocrites.
(d) They are both annoying.
9. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He writes a note for Hickey.
(b) He says goodbye to the regulars.
(c) He shatters a glass on the floor.
(d) He packs his things.
10. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
(a) Opening of presents.
(b) His party.
(c) Harry's conversation with Hickey.
(d) His walk across the street.
11. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky hits him.
(b) Rocky taunts him.
(c) Rocky spits at him.
(d) Rocky hugs him.
12. What does Harry ask from Larry?
(a) A drink.
(b) A hug.
(c) For understanding.
(d) An apology.
13. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
(a) To the bathroom.
(c) To join the others.
14. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
(b) They are losers.
(c) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(d) They will never come back.
15. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) A gift from his wife.
(b) His new watch.
(c) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
(d) How to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Harry into the bar?
2. Who are the two men that appear?
3. Why does Henry reject the watch?
4. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
5. What does Larry realize about himself?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)