|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Harry's brothers.
(c) Parritt's friends.
(d) Joe and Jimmy.
2. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He does not like cake.
(c) He does not like the flavor.
(d) It is Hickey's idea.
3. What sound is heard?
(a) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
(b) A crash.
(c) Of screeching metal.
(d) A honk.
4. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
(a) She is planning on leaving him.
(b) She loves and forgives him in order to humiliate him.
(c) She is stealing from him.
(d) She is cheating on him with the iceman.
5. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
(b) He had grown close to Hickey.
(c) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(d) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
6. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Sits staring into space.
(c) Walks out of the bar.
(d) Joins them in singing.
7. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) They are reality.
(b) Marriage is heaven.
(c) They are dreams.
(d) They have come true.
8. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
9. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky hits him.
(b) Rocky taunts him.
(c) Rocky hugs him.
(d) Rocky spits at him.
10. What happens when the candles are lit, champagne is poured, and Cora starts to play?
(a) Harry and Jimmy appear.
(b) Everyone sings.
(c) Harry does not appear.
(d) The lights go out.
11. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of love.
(b) Peace of faith.
(c) Peace of death.
(d) Peace of honesty.
12. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) At an automobile dealership.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) In the restaurant.
(d) In the hotel.
13. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He is stuck in his chair.
(b) Harry will not let him.
(c) He is too drunk.
(d) He hurt his leg.
14. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He is upset about his wife.
(b) So they do not attract the police.
(c) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(d) They are taunting him.
15. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(b) His last birthday.
(c) Before his wife died.
(d) A couple of years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
2. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
3. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
4. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
5. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)