|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) They are dreams.
(b) They have come true.
(c) Marriage is heaven.
(d) They are reality.
2. About what is Hugo glad?
(a) He has stopped drinking.
(b) Hickey was taken away.
(c) He does not have to leave the bar.
(d) The regulars are there with him.
3. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
(b) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
(c) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(d) He had grown close to Hickey.
4. How is Willie when he returns?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Excited and anxious.
(c) Nervous and upset.
(d) Timid and shy.
5. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(b) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
(c) They will never come back.
(d) They are losers.
6. When will Rocky not keep Hickey from being executed?
(a) If Hickey killed his wife.
(b) If Hickey is arrested.
(c) If HIckey is mean to Rocky.
(d) If Hickey does not give Rocky money.
7. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be executed.
(c) He should be given a psychological evaluation.
(d) He should be punished.
8. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
9. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) At an automobile dealership.
(b) In the hotel.
(c) In the restaurant.
(d) Behind the bar.
10. What sound is heard?
(a) A honk.
(b) A crash.
(c) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
(d) Of screeching metal.
11. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) A couple of years ago.
(b) His last birthday.
(d) Before his wife died.
12. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He says goodbye to the regulars.
(b) He writes a note for Hickey.
(c) He shatters a glass on the floor.
(d) He packs his things.
13. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) She would never forgive him.
(b) He was a horrible person.
(c) He was a good man and a good husband.
(d) He was insane.
14. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
(a) Margie wants Cora to play her favorite song.
(b) So the party can have some life.
(c) There is a nervous silence.
(d) She likes Cora's playing.
15. Why does Henry reject the watch?
(a) He thinks the watch is unattractive.
(b) He does not like watches.
(c) He already has a watch.
(d) It is from Hickey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joe going?
2. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
3. What do the police not know?
4. What does Chuck say women are always doing?
5. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)