|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
(a) He is stunned.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He cries.
(d) He seems transformed.
2. What does Chuck ask for for Cora?
(a) A beer.
(b) A comb.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A fancy drink.
3. What does Hickey shout?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He is tired of life.
(c) He hates the bar.
(d) He is fed up with hearing the same complaint over and over.
4. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) In the hotel.
(b) At an automobile dealership.
(c) In the restaurant.
(d) Behind the bar.
5. What do the police not know?
(a) Who killed Evelyn.
(b) The law.
(c) That Evelyn is dead.
(d) To read the Miranda Rights.
6. What does Chuck say women are always doing?
7. What does Hickey know is hard to face down?
(a) Pipe dreams.
8. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) His last birthday.
(b) A couple of years ago.
(c) Before his wife died.
9. Why does Parritt say he betrayed his mother?
(a) He needed the money.
(b) She needed to be caught.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He knew what she was doing is illegal.
10. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Parritt's friends.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Joe and Jimmy.
(d) Harry's brothers.
11. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Sad and begging for a drink.
(b) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(c) Terrified and begging for a drink.
(d) Excited and beggin for a drink.
12. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He does not like the flavor.
(c) It is Hickey's idea.
(d) He does not like cake.
13. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
14. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To get a life.
(c) To find a game.
(d) To find a wife.
15. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
(a) They all dump their drinks in the sink.
(b) They all carefully sip their glasses of champagne.
(c) No one drinks to this toast.
(d) They all drink to the toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
2. What does Harry say about this gathering?
3. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
4. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
5. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)