|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Cora and Chuck.
(b) Joe and Rocky.
(c) Jimmy and Hickey.
(d) Pearl and Margie.
2. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) It is Hickey's idea.
(b) He does not like the flavor.
(c) He misses his wife.
(d) He does not like cake.
3. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of love.
(b) Peace of honesty.
(c) Peace of death.
(d) Peace of faith.
4. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He hurt his leg.
(b) He is too drunk.
(c) He is stuck in his chair.
(d) Harry will not let him.
5. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
(a) She is cruel to him.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) She was fooling around with the iceman.
(d) He wants a new wife.
6. What does Hickey shout?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He is tired of life.
(c) He is fed up with hearing the same complaint over and over.
(d) He hates the bar.
7. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
(a) She likes Cora's playing.
(b) Margie wants Cora to play her favorite song.
(c) So the party can have some life.
(d) There is a nervous silence.
8. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
(a) Harry's conversation with Hickey.
(b) Opening of presents.
(c) His party.
(d) His walk across the street.
9. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
(b) Get warm.
(c) Lose its impact.
(d) Turn sour.
10. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky hugs him.
(b) Rocky spits at him.
(c) Rocky taunts him.
(d) Rocky hits him.
11. What does Hickey know is hard to face down?
(b) Pipe dreams.
12. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go home.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Change his life.
13. For what are the regulars waiting?
(a) Hickey to return.
(b) Parritt to leave.
(c) Their dreams to become reality.
(d) To feel the effect the booze is going to have on them.
14. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Joe and Jimmy.
(c) Parritt's friends.
(d) Harry's brothers.
15. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How stupid he is.
(b) How delusional he is.
(c) How sad he is.
(d) How smart he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Hickey gone?
2. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
3. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
4. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
5. What do the police not know?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)