|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of honesty.
(b) Peace of death.
(c) Peace of faith.
(d) Peace of love.
2. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) Before his wife died.
(c) A couple of years ago.
(d) His last birthday.
3. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) At an automobile dealership.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) Behind the bar.
4. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
(a) An amusement park.
(b) A museum.
(c) The mall.
5. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) At the tables.
(b) In different seats.
(c) In their usual positions.
(d) Outside the bar.
6. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
(b) Ladies of the night.
7. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is as it should be.
(b) It is the safest place to be.
(c) It is pathetic.
(d) It is his real birthday party.
8. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) Marriage is heaven.
(b) They have come true.
(c) They are dreams.
(d) They are reality.
9. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
(a) It can and will fade.
(b) It is understandable.
(c) It will linger.
(d) It will never completely go away.
10. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
(a) So the party can have some life.
(b) Margie wants Cora to play her favorite song.
(c) There is a nervous silence.
(d) She likes Cora's playing.
11. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Sits staring into space.
(c) Walks out of the bar.
(d) Joins them in singing.
12. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(a) Pleads for a few more minutes.
(b) Calls out for help.
(c) Says he is innocent.
13. What do the police not know?
(a) The law.
(b) To read the Miranda Rights.
(c) Who killed Evelyn.
(d) That Evelyn is dead.
14. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) He had grown close to Hickey.
(b) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(c) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
(d) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
15. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
2. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
3. What does Hickey know is hard to face down?
4. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
5. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)