|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
(b) An amusement park.
(c) A museum.
(d) The mall.
2. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
(a) Go for a walk with him.
(b) Give him another gift.
(c) Buy him a drink.
(d) Remind him of Bessie.
3. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
(a) He does not like the song she is playing.
(b) The song is upsetting him.
(c) She is playing too loudly.
(d) She does not even know the tune.
4. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) He does not like cake.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He does not like the flavor.
(d) It is Hickey's idea.
5. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Pearl and Margie.
(b) Jimmy and Hickey.
(c) Cora and Chuck.
(d) Joe and Rocky.
6. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) In their usual positions.
(b) Outside the bar.
(c) In different seats.
(d) At the tables.
7. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of death.
(b) Peace of love.
(c) Peace of honesty.
(d) Peace of faith.
8. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
9. What do Chuck and the others say to Hickey as he is rambling on about having no more pipe dreams living freely?
(a) We want to believe you.
(b) We do not believe you.
(c) You should not be here.
(d) Be quiet.
10. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Walks out of the bar.
(b) Joins them in singing.
(c) Sits staring into space.
(d) Passes out.
11. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Terrified and begging for a drink.
(b) Excited and beggin for a drink.
(c) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(d) Sad and begging for a drink.
12. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
(a) He shot Eveylyn.
(b) They were never officially married.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She is not dead.
13. Why does Parritt feel more connected to Hickey?
(a) Hickey admits to having pipe dreams.
(b) Hickey reveals his wife's death.
(c) Hickey reveals he knows Parritt's mother.
(d) Hickey is kind to Parritt.
14. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Harry's brothers.
(c) Parritt's friends.
(d) Joe and Jimmy.
15. About what is Hugo glad?
(a) Hickey was taken away.
(b) He does not have to leave the bar.
(c) He has stopped drinking.
(d) The regulars are there with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
2. What does Chuck say women are always doing?
3. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
4. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
5. What does Rocky wonder about Evelyn?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)