|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) His new watch.
(b) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
(c) How to drink.
(d) A gift from his wife.
2. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
(b) Get warm.
(c) Turn sour.
(d) Lose its impact.
3. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To join the others.
4. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(c) South Africa.
5. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(b) So they do not attract the police.
(c) They are taunting him.
(d) He is upset about his wife.
6. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To get a life.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a game.
7. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) In their usual positions.
(b) In different seats.
(c) At the tables.
(d) Outside the bar.
8. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) He had grown close to Hickey.
(b) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(c) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
(d) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
9. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(a) Calls out for help.
(b) Says he is innocent.
(c) Pleads for a few more minutes.
10. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will never come back.
(b) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(c) They are losers.
(d) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
11. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Terrified and begging for a drink.
(b) Excited and beggin for a drink.
(c) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(d) Sad and begging for a drink.
12. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
13. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To prison.
(b) To see his wife.
(d) To make a phone call.
14. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Sits staring into space.
(b) Joins them in singing.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Walks out of the bar.
15. What do the police not know?
(a) To read the Miranda Rights.
(b) Who killed Evelyn.
(c) The law.
(d) That Evelyn is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
2. Why does Henry reject the watch?
3. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
4. What does Harry say about this gathering?
5. What does Hickey shout?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)