|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) Outside the bar.
(b) At the tables.
(c) In different seats.
(d) In their usual positions.
2. What does Rocky wonder about Evelyn?
(a) If Hickey killed her.
(b) If she is really dead.
(c) If she ever loved Hickey.
(d) If she committed suicide.
3. Why does Hickey want to die?
(a) He feels so guilty.
(b) He needs to explain to Evelyn why he did what he did.
(c) He wants the pain to end.
(d) He wants God to punish him.
4. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
(a) She is playing too loudly.
(b) The song is upsetting him.
(c) He does not like the song she is playing.
(d) She does not even know the tune.
5. For what are the regulars waiting?
(a) Parritt to leave.
(b) Their dreams to become reality.
(c) Hickey to return.
(d) To feel the effect the booze is going to have on them.
6. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was a horrible person.
(b) He was a good man and a good husband.
(c) He was insane.
(d) She would never forgive him.
7. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
(a) To join the others.
(d) To the bathroom.
8. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
(a) It will linger.
(b) It is understandable.
(c) It can and will fade.
(d) It will never completely go away.
9. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) They are taunting him.
(b) So they do not attract the police.
(c) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(d) He is upset about his wife.
10. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is the safest place to be.
(b) It is his real birthday party.
(c) It is pathetic.
(d) It is as it should be.
11. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
(a) There is a nervous silence.
(b) She likes Cora's playing.
(c) Margie wants Cora to play her favorite song.
(d) So the party can have some life.
12. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Harry's brothers.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Joe and Jimmy.
(d) Parritt's friends.
13. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(b) Excited and beggin for a drink.
(c) Sad and begging for a drink.
(d) Terrified and begging for a drink.
14. Where is Joe going?
(a) To get a life.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a game.
15. Where has Hickey gone?
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To make a phone call.
(d) To prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
2. What does Hickey say when he comes in?
3. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
4. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
5. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)