|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Joe and Rocky.
(b) Jimmy and Hickey.
(c) Cora and Chuck.
(d) Pearl and Margie.
2. What does Hickey say when he comes in?
(a) He worries about his friends.
(b) He is sorry his plan backfired.
(c) He does not need to prove anything.
(d) He is glad to be there.
3. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
4. Why does Henry reject the watch?
(a) He does not like watches.
(b) He thinks the watch is unattractive.
(c) It is from Hickey.
(d) He already has a watch.
5. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From behind the bar.
(b) From Cora.
(c) From the bank.
(d) From the ATM.
6. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was insane.
(b) He was a good man and a good husband.
(c) She would never forgive him.
(d) He was a horrible person.
7. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
(a) Tell his story.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Buy him a drink.
(d) Sit by him.
8. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be given a psychological evaluation.
(c) He should be punished.
(d) He should be executed.
9. What does Harry say they all want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Just pass out and have a little peace.
(c) Keep their pipe dreams.
(d) Keep drinking.
10. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Sad and begging for a drink.
(b) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(c) Terrified and begging for a drink.
(d) Excited and beggin for a drink.
11. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
(a) His party.
(b) Opening of presents.
(c) His walk across the street.
(d) Harry's conversation with Hickey.
12. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How smart he is.
(b) How delusional he is.
(c) How sad he is.
(d) How stupid he is.
13. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
(a) They all dump their drinks in the sink.
(b) They all carefully sip their glasses of champagne.
(c) They all drink to the toast.
(d) No one drinks to this toast.
14. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He does not like cake.
(c) He does not like the flavor.
(d) It is Hickey's idea.
15. Why does Hickey say he will have a glass of champagne?
(a) They are doing a toast to Harry.
(b) He is being pressured to have some.
(c) To prove he can still be sociable.
(d) He likes champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
2. About what is Hugo glad?
3. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
4. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
5. What does Hickey shout?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)