|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry ask from Larry?
(a) For understanding.
(b) A hug.
(c) An apology.
(d) A drink.
2. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(b) They are losers.
(c) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
(d) They will never come back.
3. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Joe and Rocky.
(b) Pearl and Margie.
(c) Cora and Chuck.
(d) Jimmy and Hickey.
4. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of death.
(b) Peace of faith.
(c) Peace of honesty.
(d) Peace of love.
5. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He writes a note for Hickey.
(b) He packs his things.
(c) He shatters a glass on the floor.
(d) He says goodbye to the regulars.
6. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
(a) She was shot.
(b) They were never officially married.
(c) He shot Eveylyn.
(d) She is not dead.
7. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
8. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
(a) An amusement park.
(b) A museum.
(d) The mall.
9. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(a) Pleads for a few more minutes.
(c) Calls out for help.
(d) Says he is innocent.
10. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) At an automobile dealership.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) In the hotel.
11. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) His new watch.
(b) How to drink.
(c) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
(d) A gift from his wife.
12. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
(a) She is playing too loudly.
(b) The song is upsetting him.
(c) He does not like the song she is playing.
(d) She does not even know the tune.
13. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To get a life.
(d) To find a game.
14. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From Cora.
(b) From behind the bar.
(c) From the ATM.
(d) From the bank.
15. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) They are dreams.
(b) They have come true.
(c) Marriage is heaven.
(d) They are reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
2. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
3. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
4. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
5. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)