|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky spits at him.
(b) Rocky hits him.
(c) Rocky taunts him.
(d) Rocky hugs him.
2. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
(a) They have come true.
(b) Marriage is heaven.
(c) They are dreams.
(d) They are reality.
3. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
(a) His walk across the street.
(b) His party.
(c) Opening of presents.
(d) Harry's conversation with Hickey.
4. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To make a phone call.
(b) To see his wife.
(d) To prison.
5. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Harry's brothers.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Parritt's friends.
(d) Joe and Jimmy.
6. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
(a) A gift from his wife.
(b) He is not the man Hickey thinks he is.
(c) His new watch.
(d) How to drink.
7. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
8. Where is Joe going?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To find a game.
(c) To get a life.
(d) To find a job.
9. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From the ATM.
(b) From the bank.
(c) From behind the bar.
(d) From Cora.
10. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
(b) A museum.
(c) The mall.
(d) An amusement park.
11. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
(a) To the bathroom.
(d) To join the others.
12. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He packs his things.
(b) He shatters a glass on the floor.
(c) He says goodbye to the regulars.
(d) He writes a note for Hickey.
13. What does Harry say they all want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Keep their pipe dreams.
(c) Just pass out and have a little peace.
(d) Keep drinking.
14. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
(a) Give him another gift.
(b) Go for a walk with him.
(c) Remind him of Bessie.
(d) Buy him a drink.
15. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
2. What do Chuck and the others say to Hickey as he is rambling on about having no more pipe dreams living freely?
3. What does Harry ask from Larry?
4. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
5. Why does Parritt say he betrayed his mother?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)