|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the candles are lit, champagne is poured, and Cora starts to play?
(a) Harry does not appear.
(b) Harry and Jimmy appear.
(c) Everyone sings.
(d) The lights go out.
2. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Shallow women.
(b) Ugly women.
(c) Poor women.
3. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(a) Calls out for help.
(b) Pleads for a few more minutes.
(c) Says he is innocent.
4. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is the safest place to be.
(b) It is his real birthday party.
(c) It is as it should be.
(d) It is pathetic.
5. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(b) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
(c) He had grown close to Hickey.
(d) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
6. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From the bank.
(b) From behind the bar.
(c) From the ATM.
(d) From Cora.
7. Why does Harry angrily tell them all to quit?
(a) He does not want to celebrate his birthday.
(b) They are taunting him.
(c) He is upset about his wife.
(d) So they do not attract the police.
8. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
(a) A better life.
(b) To rot in jail.
(c) A better husband.
(d) To be killed in her sleep.
9. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) It is Hickey's idea.
(b) He does not like the flavor.
(c) He does not like cake.
(d) He misses his wife.
10. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of love.
(b) Peace of faith.
(c) Peace of honesty.
(d) Peace of death.
11. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
(a) She is cheating on him with the iceman.
(b) She is stealing from him.
(c) She loves and forgives him in order to humiliate him.
(d) She is planning on leaving him.
12. What do Chuck and the others say to Hickey as he is rambling on about having no more pipe dreams living freely?
(a) We do not believe you.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) You should not be here.
(d) We want to believe you.
13. Where is Joe going?
(a) To get a life.
(b) To find a game.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a wife.
14. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
(a) He is stunned.
(b) He cries.
(c) He seems transformed.
(d) He collapses.
15. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How smart he is.
(b) How stupid he is.
(c) How sad he is.
(d) How delusional he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey shout?
2. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
3. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
4. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
5. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)