|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey shout?
(a) He hates the bar.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He is tired of life.
(d) He is fed up with hearing the same complaint over and over.
2. What do the police not know?
(a) To read the Miranda Rights.
(b) The law.
(c) Who killed Evelyn.
(d) That Evelyn is dead.
3. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
(a) A better life.
(b) A better husband.
(c) To rot in jail.
(d) To be killed in her sleep.
4. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is as it should be.
(b) It is pathetic.
(c) It is his real birthday party.
(d) It is the safest place to be.
5. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
6. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Sits staring into space.
(c) Joins them in singing.
(d) Walks out of the bar.
7. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
(a) He shot Eveylyn.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She is not dead.
(d) They were never officially married.
8. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From Cora.
(b) From behind the bar.
(c) From the bank.
(d) From the ATM.
9. Why does Hickey say he will have a glass of champagne?
(a) They are doing a toast to Harry.
(b) He likes champagne.
(c) He is being pressured to have some.
(d) To prove he can still be sociable.
10. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
(a) He wants a new wife.
(b) She was fooling around with the iceman.
(c) She is cruel to him.
(d) He is crazy.
11. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
(a) It will linger.
(b) It is understandable.
(c) It can and will fade.
(d) It will never completely go away.
12. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(b) Shallow women.
(c) Ugly women.
(d) Poor women.
13. About what is Hugo glad?
(a) He has stopped drinking.
(b) He does not have to leave the bar.
(c) Hickey was taken away.
(d) The regulars are there with him.
14. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
(a) His downward spiral began.
(b) He made time for himself.
(c) He made important changes in his life.
(d) He killed the man.
15. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(b) They are losers.
(c) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
(d) They will never come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
2. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
3. Why does Henry reject the watch?
4. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
5. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)