|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Change his life.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Take a nap.
2. Why does Hickey say he will have a glass of champagne?
(a) He likes champagne.
(b) They are doing a toast to Harry.
(c) He is being pressured to have some.
(d) To prove he can still be sociable.
3. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How sad he is.
(b) How delusional he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How stupid he is.
4. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be executed.
(c) He should be punished.
(d) He should be given a psychological evaluation.
5. What happens when the candles are lit, champagne is poured, and Cora starts to play?
(a) Everyone sings.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) Harry does not appear.
(d) Harry and Jimmy appear.
6. What does Hickey do when he is arrested?
(b) Pleads for a few more minutes.
(c) Calls out for help.
(d) Says he is innocent.
7. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To prison.
(b) To see his wife.
(d) To make a phone call.
8. What does Hickey say about Harry's fear?
(a) It will never completely go away.
(b) It is understandable.
(c) It can and will fade.
(d) It will linger.
9. What do Chuck and the others say to Hickey as he is rambling on about having no more pipe dreams living freely?
(a) You should not be here.
(b) We want to believe you.
(c) We do not believe you.
(d) Be quiet.
10. When will Rocky not keep Hickey from being executed?
(a) If Hickey is arrested.
(b) If HIckey is mean to Rocky.
(c) If Hickey does not give Rocky money.
(d) If Hickey killed his wife.
11. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Jimmy and Hickey.
(b) Cora and Chuck.
(c) Joe and Rocky.
(d) Pearl and Margie.
12. What does Larry realize about himself?
(a) He is the only real convert.
(b) He needs to get a real life.
(c) He misses Parritt.
(d) He is loney.
13. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of faith.
(b) Peace of love.
(c) Peace of death.
(d) Peace of honesty.
14. Who are the two men that appear?
(a) Harry's brothers.
(b) Joe and Jimmy.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Parritt's friends.
15. What does Chuck ask for for Cora?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A beer.
(c) A comb.
(d) A fancy drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Margie and Pearl go for the day?
2. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
3. What do Margie and Pearl call themselves, as they enter the bar?
4. Where does Joe go after moving away from the bar?
5. What does Hickey begin to believe about Evelyn?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)