|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey admit about Evelyn?
(a) He shot Eveylyn.
(b) They were never officially married.
(c) She is not dead.
(d) She was shot.
2. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) She is cruel to him.
(c) He wants a new wife.
(d) She was fooling around with the iceman.
3. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How sad he is.
(b) How stupid he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How delusional he is.
4. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
(a) They both have pipe dreams.
(b) They both are hypocrites.
(c) They are both annoying.
(d) They are both delusional.
5. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) Before his wife died.
(b) A couple of years ago.
(c) His last birthday.
6. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) In the hotel.
(c) At an automobile dealership.
(d) In the restaurant.
7. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From the bank.
(b) From behind the bar.
(c) From Cora.
(d) From the ATM.
8. About what is Hugo glad?
(a) He does not have to leave the bar.
(b) The regulars are there with him.
(c) Hickey was taken away.
(d) He has stopped drinking.
9. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He is stuck in his chair.
(b) Harry will not let him.
(c) He hurt his leg.
(d) He is too drunk.
10. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
(a) Walks out of the bar.
(b) Passes out.
(c) Joins them in singing.
(d) Sits staring into space.
11. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is pathetic.
(b) It is his real birthday party.
(c) It is the safest place to be.
(d) It is as it should be.
12. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Ugly women.
(b) Shallow women.
(d) Poor women.
13. What does Chuck say women are always doing?
14. What does Hickey say about the regulars?
(a) They will never come back.
(b) They will all be back sooner rather than later.
(c) They will be successful in making their pipe dreams reality.
(d) They are losers.
15. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
2. What does Harry say they all want to do?
3. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
4. Where is Joe going?
5. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)