|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was a good man and a good husband.
(b) He was insane.
(c) He was a horrible person.
(d) She would never forgive him.
2. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
(a) His dreams will come true.
(b) He has the right to dream.
(c) Hickey should have such good dreams.
(d) He is not dreamer.
3. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Shallow women.
(b) Poor women.
(d) Ugly women.
4. How do the others respond when Hickey proposes a second toast to living without pipe dreams?
(a) They all dump their drinks in the sink.
(b) No one drinks to this toast.
(c) They all carefully sip their glasses of champagne.
(d) They all drink to the toast.
5. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From the ATM.
(b) From the bank.
(c) From behind the bar.
(d) From Cora.
6. What does Harry ask from Larry?
(a) A hug.
(b) For understanding.
(c) A drink.
(d) An apology.
7. Why does Harry immediately reject the cake?
(a) It is Hickey's idea.
(b) He does not like cake.
(c) He misses his wife.
(d) He does not like the flavor.
8. What does Hugo ask Parritt to do, one last time?
(a) Tell his story.
(b) Buy him a drink.
(c) Sit by him.
(d) Sing a song.
9. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is his real birthday party.
(b) It is pathetic.
(c) It is the safest place to be.
(d) It is as it should be.
10. When will Rocky not keep Hickey from being executed?
(a) If HIckey is mean to Rocky.
(b) If Hickey killed his wife.
(c) If Hickey does not give Rocky money.
(d) If Hickey is arrested.
11. Why does Hickey want to die?
(a) He wants God to punish him.
(b) He feels so guilty.
(c) He needs to explain to Evelyn why he did what he did.
(d) He wants the pain to end.
12. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of faith.
(b) Peace of honesty.
(c) Peace of love.
(d) Peace of death.
13. Who follows Harry into the bar?
(a) Pearl and Margie.
(b) Jimmy and Hickey.
(c) Joe and Rocky.
(d) Cora and Chuck.
14. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(d) South Africa.
15. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
(a) Get warm.
(b) Lose its impact.
(c) Turn sour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say he will show Hickey?
2. What of Harry's does Rocky narrate?
3. How is Willie when he returns?
4. Why does Hickey say he will have a glass of champagne?
5. What does Larry do as the other down-and-outers drunkenly sing their favorite songs?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)