|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey shout?
(a) He is tired of life.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He hates the bar.
(d) He is fed up with hearing the same complaint over and over.
2. What does Harry say about this gathering?
(a) It is pathetic.
(b) It is as it should be.
(c) It is his real birthday party.
(d) It is the safest place to be.
3. Why is Rocky not able to get up to leave?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He is stuck in his chair.
(c) He hurt his leg.
(d) Harry will not let him.
4. What is Parritt's reaction when Larry furiously tells him to get out?
(a) He is stunned.
(b) He seems transformed.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He cries.
5. What does Hickey know is hard to face down?
(b) Pipe dreams.
6. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How stupid he is.
(b) How sad he is.
(c) How delusional he is.
(d) How smart he is.
7. Why does Hickey want to die?
(a) He needs to explain to Evelyn why he did what he did.
(b) He wants God to punish him.
(c) He feels so guilty.
(d) He wants the pain to end.
8. How many candles are on the cake, for each year of his life?
9. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Shallow women.
(c) Ugly women.
(d) Poor women.
10. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was insane.
(b) He was a good man and a good husband.
(c) She would never forgive him.
(d) He was a horrible person.
11. What does Hickey say when he comes in?
(a) He worries about his friends.
(b) He does not need to prove anything.
(c) He is sorry his plan backfired.
(d) He is glad to be there.
12. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
(a) He wants a new wife.
(b) She is cruel to him.
(c) She was fooling around with the iceman.
(d) He is crazy.
13. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
(a) Go for a walk with him.
(b) Buy him a drink.
(c) Remind him of Bessie.
(d) Give him another gift.
14. What does Chuck ask for for Cora?
(a) A beer.
(b) A fancy drink.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A comb.
15. What does Chuck say women are always doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey believe Evelyn deserved?
2. Why does Harry tell Cora to stop playing?
3. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
4. How is Willie when he returns?
5. Where does Chuck go to get money?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)