|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry believe Hickey brings with him?
2. On what does Rocky comment, regarding Parritt?
(a) How stupid he is.
(b) How smart he is.
(c) How sad he is.
(d) How delusional he is.
3. What does Larry realize about himself?
(a) He misses Parritt.
(b) He is loney.
(c) He is the only real convert.
(d) He needs to get a real life.
4. What does Joe do before he announces he is not coming back?
(a) He packs his things.
(b) He says goodbye to the regulars.
(c) He shatters a glass on the floor.
(d) He writes a note for Hickey.
5. How is Willie when he returns?
(a) Excited and anxious.
(b) Sad and lonely.
(c) Timid and shy.
(d) Nervous and upset.
6. What does Hickey refuse to do for Harry?
(a) Remind him of Bessie.
(b) Buy him a drink.
(c) Give him another gift.
(d) Go for a walk with him.
7. What did Evelyn believe, no matter what Hickey did?
(a) He was a good man and a good husband.
(b) She would never forgive him.
(c) He was insane.
(d) He was a horrible person.
8. What does Hickey tell Harry it is time to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Change his life.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Get a drink.
9. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(d) South Africa.
10. Where does Chuck go to get money?
(a) From the ATM.
(b) From behind the bar.
(c) From the bank.
(d) From Cora.
11. How is Harry when he rushes into the bar?
(a) Sad and begging for a drink.
(b) Excited and beggin for a drink.
(c) Nervous and begging for a drink.
(d) Terrified and begging for a drink.
12. What peace does Larry say Hickey brought?
(a) Peace of death.
(b) Peace of love.
(c) Peace of faith.
(d) Peace of honesty.
13. Why does Larry drink a private toast to Hickey?
(a) Hickey had greatly improved all of their lives.
(b) Hickey had some wonderful ideas.
(c) Hoping he finds some kind of peace.
(d) He had grown close to Hickey.
14. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) In their usual positions.
(b) Outside the bar.
(c) At the tables.
(d) In different seats.
15. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To prison.
(c) To make a phone call.
(d) To see his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chuck say about his and Cora's dreams of marriage?
2. Why does Hickey want to die?
3. Who follows Harry into the bar?
4. What do the police not know?
5. What does Harry say Hickey made the booze do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)