|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Larry and Rocky say should happen to Hickey?
(a) He should be executed.
(b) He should be punished.
(c) He should be exiled.
(d) He should be given a psychological evaluation.
2. Where has Hickey gone?
(a) To make a phone call.
(b) To see his wife.
(d) To prison.
3. What is Wetjoen going to prove to Hickey?
(a) He has the right to dream.
(b) Hickey should have such good dreams.
(c) His dreams will come true.
(d) He is not dreamer.
4. What happened when Jimmy found his wife with another man?
(a) He killed the man.
(b) His downward spiral began.
(c) He made important changes in his life.
(d) He made time for himself.
5. For what are the regulars waiting?
(a) Hickey to return.
(b) Their dreams to become reality.
(c) To feel the effect the booze is going to have on them.
(d) Parritt to leave.
6. To where is Lewis planning to sail back?
(d) South Africa.
7. Why does Hickey want to die?
(a) He wants the pain to end.
(b) He feels so guilty.
(c) He needs to explain to Evelyn why he did what he did.
(d) He wants God to punish him.
8. What does Chuck ask for for Cora?
(a) A fancy drink.
(b) A beer.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A comb.
9. How does Rocky greet Margie and Pearl?
10. Where are most of the regular down-and-outers sitting?
(a) In their usual positions.
(b) At the tables.
(c) In different seats.
(d) Outside the bar.
11. What sound is heard?
(a) A honk.
(b) Of screeching metal.
(c) A crash.
(d) Of something heavy falling and landing outside.
12. What does Rocky do to Parritt?
(a) Rocky hits him.
(b) Rocky spits at him.
(c) Rocky taunts him.
(d) Rocky hugs him.
13. When was the last time Harry had a cake?
(a) Before his wife died.
(b) A couple of years ago.
(d) His last birthday.
14. Where do Rocky and Joe work?
(a) In the hotel.
(b) At an automobile dealership.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) In the restaurant.
15. With what kind of woman is Parritt through?
(a) Poor women.
(c) Shallow women.
(d) Ugly women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey say when he comes in?
2. Why does Harry say Hickey killed Evelyn?
3. What does Rocky wonder about Evelyn?
4. How does Larry compare Parritt to Hickey?
5. Why does Margie ask Cora to start playing the piano again?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)