|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie determined to do?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Leave the bar.
(c) Go and apply for a job.
(d) Be cheerful.
2. About what does Rocky complain?
(a) He has too much to do.
(b) He has nothing to do.
(c) How Hickey is being too bossy.
(d) He is bored.
3. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
(b) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
(c) He will buy them a drink.
(d) They are friends with Rocky.
4. Where were Lewis and Wetjoen enemies?
(a) In Amsterdam.
(b) In Detroit.
(c) In South Africa.
(d) In the Bronx.
5. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
(a) Find real jobs.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave the bar and Rocky.
(d) Admit they are prostitutes.
6. Why is Larry angry with Parritt?
(a) He believes Parritt is with the police.
(b) He believes Parritt expects something from him.
(c) He does not like Parritt.
(d) He hates Parritt's mother.
7. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He cries.
(c) He argues.
(d) He laughs.
8. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
9. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
(a) Any more alcohol.
(b) A place to spend the night.
(c) Pipe dreams.
(d) Any friends.
10. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) He wants to run away.
(b) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
(c) The girls are annoying him.
(d) Hickey has started a real revolution.
11. Hickey is a friend of whom?
12. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(b) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
(c) When he turned forty.
(d) One day when he woke up.
13. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To see what the noise is.
(b) To buy more alcohol.
(c) To call the authorities on Parritt.
(d) To buy gifts.
14. What story has Hickey not told?
(a) His milkman story.
(b) His mailman story.
(c) His own story.
(d) His iceman story.
15. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
(a) By teasing Hickey.
(b) By snoring loudly.
(c) By telling them a joke.
(d) By falling off his stool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
2. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Bessie's family?
3. For what does he apologize?
4. Why does Larry leave this organization?
5. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)