|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
(a) His "girlfriends".
(b) His "wives".
(c) His "slave girls".
(d) His "women of the night".
2. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) Another drink.
(b) A pillow.
(c) An aspirin.
(d) A glass of water.
3. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
(a) He retreats into unconsciousness.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He goes upstairs to his room.
(d) He buys Parritt a drink.
4. What had Harry been?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A small time politician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A fireman.
5. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To call the authorities on Parritt.
(b) To buy more alcohol.
(c) To buy gifts.
(d) To see what the noise is.
6. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He argues.
7. What does Harry urge the others to do?
8. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They congratulate her for getting married.
(b) They glare at her because they are jealous.
(c) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(d) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
9. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) He is tired.
(b) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
(c) He is bored with singing.
(d) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
10. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
11. About what does Willie complain?
(a) Being left out of Larry's description.
(b) A boring job.
(c) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(d) Running out of alcohol.
12. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
(a) He broke up with his girlfriend.
(b) He is in a bad mood.
(c) He was in a fight.
(d) He was sober.
13. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
(a) Have a drinking competition.
(b) Respect him.
(c) Be kind to one another.
(d) Stop talking about Hickey.
14. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His relationship.
(b) His life.
(c) His job.
(d) His family.
15. What does Hickey do with a roll of money?
(a) Buys everyone a drink.
(b) Taunts everyone with it.
(c) Buys everyone a non-alcoholic beverage.
(d) Throws it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Parritt having a conversation?
2. Why is Parritt worried?
3. On what did Jimmy report?
4. What do the girls believe they are?
5. What dies with Harry's wife?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)