|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
2. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(b) They glare at her because they are jealous.
(c) They congratulate her for getting married.
(d) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
3. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He looked horrible.
(b) He was rude.
(c) He seemed upset.
(d) He seemed different.
4. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Awakens all the regulars.
(b) Annoys Harry.
(c) Encourages the other to join in.
(d) Breaks glass.
5. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) The girls are annoying him.
(b) Hickey has started a real revolution.
(c) He wants to run away.
(d) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
6. What does Jimmy absolutely believe will happen to him?
(a) He will find a nice girl to marry.
(b) He will die young.
(c) He will become a millionaire.
(d) He will get a newspaper job.
7. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
(a) Stop talking about Hickey.
(b) Have a drinking competition.
(c) Respect him.
(d) Be kind to one another.
8. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
9. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
(a) A lack of faith in tomorrow.
(c) A touching faith in tomorrow.
10. How does everyone react when Hickey says he has stopped drinking?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They think he is joking.
(c) They believe him instantly.
(d) They are sad.
11. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(b) To entertain the other men.
(c) He loves to sing.
(d) He has a song stuck in his head.
12. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
(a) Any friends.
(b) Any more alcohol.
(c) Pipe dreams.
(d) A place to spend the night.
13. How does Hickey enter?
(a) With an armful of packages.
(c) With drinks for everyone.
(d) Slowly and sadly.
14. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To call the authorities on Parritt.
(b) To see what the noise is.
(c) To buy gifts.
(d) To buy more alcohol.
15. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His relationship.
(b) His job.
(c) His life.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hickey again apologize?
2. What had Willie been?
3. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
4. Why is Parritt worried?
5. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)