|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry urge the others to do?
2. How does everyone react when Hickey says he has stopped drinking?
(a) They think he is joking.
(b) They believe him instantly.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are angry.
3. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
(a) Buy more gifts for Harry.
(b) To sit at a piano and practice.
(c) Begin the birthday meal.
(d) Marry Chuck and move to the country.
4. What triggered a fight with his mother?
(a) Coming home after curfew.
(b) Reading banned literature.
(c) A fight over a prostitute.
5. What dies with Harry's wife?
(a) His need to be loved.
(b) His desire to advance in politics.
(c) His love for women.
(d) His heart.
6. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
(a) Any more alcohol.
(b) Pipe dreams.
(c) A place to spend the night.
(d) Any friends.
7. What had Willie been?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A mediocre med student.
(c) A brilliant law student.
(d) An alcoholic.
8. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(b) Pours Hickey a drink.
(c) Pours himself a drink.
(d) Goes to his room.
9. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
(a) In an upstairs room.
(b) By Harry.
(c) With the other birthday presents.
(d) In a corner.
10. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
11. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Breaks glass.
(b) Awakens all the regulars.
(c) Annoys Harry.
(d) Encourages the other to join in.
12. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
13. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
(a) By snoring loudly.
(b) By teasing Hickey.
(c) By falling off his stool.
(d) By telling them a joke.
14. What does Hickey reveal about his visit?
(a) He is there to buy everyone drinks.
(b) He is there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
(c) He is there to visit his old friends.
(d) He is not just there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
15. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
(a) His wife, Bessie.
(b) His youth.
(c) His family.
(d) His days as a singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
2. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
3. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
4. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
5. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)