|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
(a) Find real jobs.
(b) Leave the bar and Rocky.
(c) Admit they are prostitutes.
(d) Get married.
2. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
(a) He should be given a raise.
(b) He should be rewarded.
(c) He should be given the death penalty.
(d) He should be punished.
3. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
4. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Pours Hickey a drink.
(b) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(c) Goes to his room.
(d) Pours himself a drink.
5. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
(a) In an upstairs room.
(b) With the other birthday presents.
(c) By Harry.
(d) In a corner.
6. About what does Willie complain?
(a) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(b) Running out of alcohol.
(c) A boring job.
(d) Being left out of Larry's description.
7. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Encourages the other to join in.
(b) Annoys Harry.
(c) Awakens all the regulars.
(d) Breaks glass.
8. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
9. What story has Hickey not told?
(a) His own story.
(b) His milkman story.
(c) His mailman story.
(d) His iceman story.
10. About what do Wetjoen and Lewis believe they will do together?
(b) Live in a nice apartment.
(c) Start a small business.
(d) Go on trips to South Africa and England.
11. What does Cora say about Hickey?
(a) He seemed upset.
(b) He was rude.
(c) He seemed different.
(d) He looked horrible.
12. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) An aspirin.
(b) A pillow.
(c) Another drink.
(d) A glass of water.
13. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It is questioned.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) It continues.
(d) It is interrupted.
14. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
(a) If he had known is was a place where prostitutes hung out.
(b) If he had known the drinks were so expensive.
(c) If he had known the other clients would be so rude.
(d) If he had known he would be teased.
15. To what does Willie confess?
(a) Going crazy alone in his room.
(b) Criticizing the others.
(c) Sleeping on the job.
(d) Stealing drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
2. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
3. Why does Willie stop singing?
4. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
5. What does Jimmy absolutely believe will happen to him?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)