|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
(b) He will buy them a drink.
(c) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
(d) They are friends with Rocky.
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) When he turned forty.
(b) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(c) One day when he woke up.
(d) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
3. What does Harry say about Hickey?
(a) He worries about him.
(b) He no longer likes him.
(c) He does not trust him.
(d) He cannot figure him out.
4. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
5. About what does Joe dream?
(a) His gambling hall.
(b) His wife.
(c) His life.
6. Why does Larry leave this organization?
(a) He loses all of his friends.
(b) It is disbanded.
(c) He becomes disillusioned.
(d) He does not earn enough money.
7. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
(a) The Movement.
(b) Little League baseball.
(c) He cannot say.
(d) Grade school.
8. What does Jimmy absolutely believe will happen to him?
(a) He will get a newspaper job.
(b) He will find a nice girl to marry.
(c) He will die young.
(d) He will become a millionaire.
9. What days does Joe recall?
(a) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(b) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
(c) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
(d) The days of his youth.
10. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
(b) He does not like Mosher.
(c) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
(d) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
11. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With tears.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With surprise.
12. What does Parritt want from Larry?
(a) A job.
13. What does he say they all will be when they see the truth behind what he is saying?
14. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) An aspirin.
(c) A pillow.
(d) Another drink.
15. What had Willie been?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A mediocre med student.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A brilliant law student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
2. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
3. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
4. What does Cora say about Hickey?
5. What does Harry urge the others to do?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)