|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His family.
(b) His life.
(c) His job.
(d) His relationship.
2. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He buys Parritt a drink.
(c) He goes upstairs to his room.
(d) He retreats into unconsciousness.
3. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
(a) His days as a singer.
(b) His youth.
(c) His wife, Bessie.
(d) His family.
4. What is Willie determined to do?
(a) Be cheerful.
(b) Go and apply for a job.
(c) Leave the bar.
(d) Stop drinking.
5. What do the girls believe they are?
(b) Not prostitutes.
6. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
(a) The party will start soon.
(b) Their disagreement is petty.
(c) They are annoying him.
(d) Hickey will get upset with them.
7. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(b) Harry's generosity.
(c) Meager salaries.
(d) Veteran pay.
8. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
(a) Cora should stop being a prostitute.
(b) They have no real intention of getting married.
(c) They will not move to the country.
(d) They should get married quickly.
9. With whom is Parritt having a conversation?
10. What does Parritt want from Larry?
(c) A job.
11. What are almost all the regulars doing?
(b) Running tabs.
12. What is the story about?
(a) A cave man coming to life.
(b) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(c) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(d) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
13. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
(a) They are keeping Rocky busy.
(b) They are preparing the cake.
(c) They are pouring drinks.
(d) They are passing out food.
14. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
(a) He is teasing Hickey.
(b) Hickey drinks too much.
(c) As the result of overwork.
(d) He does not like Hickey.
15. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) Where his mother is being held.
(b) How to get a room in the hotel.
(c) About the other regulars.
(d) Where to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
2. On what did Jimmy report?
3. For what does he apologize?
4. How does Harry's mood become?
5. What does Larry call Parritt?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)