|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mediates their argument?
2. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
(a) Who will pay for the next drink.
(b) The tab.
(c) Who has the better pipe dreams.
(d) Whether Hickey is telling the truth.
3. What dies with Harry's wife?
(a) His heart.
(b) His desire to advance in politics.
(c) His need to be loved.
(d) His love for women.
4. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is interrupted.
(c) It is questioned.
(d) It continues.
5. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) One day when he woke up.
(b) When he turned forty.
(c) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(d) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
6. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
(a) She deserves Cora's taunting.
(b) She is not a virgin.
(c) Cora has done nothing wrong.
(d) She is unkind to Cora.
7. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) About the other regulars.
(b) Where his mother is being held.
(c) Where to find a job.
(d) How to get a room in the hotel.
8. Hickey is a friend of whom?
9. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
(a) He argues.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He cries.
(d) He apologizes.
10. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(a) Harry's generosity.
(b) Meager salaries.
(c) Veteran pay.
11. How does Hickey enter?
(a) With an armful of packages.
(b) Slowly and sadly.
(d) With drinks for everyone.
12. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
(a) He has it all wrong.
(b) He is correct.
(c) She is correct.
(d) She has it all wrong.
13. What kind of student is Willie?
(a) A grad student.
(b) A med student.
(c) A law student.
(d) A doctoral student.
14. Where were Lewis and Wetjoen enemies?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In the Bronx.
(c) In Amsterdam.
(d) In Detroit.
15. With whom is Parritt having a conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
2. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
3. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
4. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
5. What does Hickey do with a roll of money?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)