|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) Another drink.
(c) An aspirin.
(d) A pillow.
2. Why is Larry angry with Parritt?
(a) He believes Parritt is with the police.
(b) He does not like Parritt.
(c) He believes Parritt expects something from him.
(d) He hates Parritt's mother.
3. What does Rocky believe he does not have?
(a) A place to spend the night.
(b) Any friends.
(c) Any more alcohol.
(d) Pipe dreams.
4. What does Harry urge the others to do?
5. What story does Cora tell?
(a) Why she became a prostitute.
(b) How she first met Chuck.
(c) When she first moved to town.
(d) How she robbed a drunken customer.
6. About what do Wetjoen and Lewis believe they will do together?
(a) Start a small business.
(c) Live in a nice apartment.
(d) Go on trips to South Africa and England.
7. What does Hickey do with a roll of money?
(a) Buys everyone a non-alcoholic beverage.
(b) Taunts everyone with it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Buys everyone a drink.
8. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
9. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
(a) Leave the bar and Rocky.
(b) Admit they are prostitutes.
(c) Get married.
(d) Find real jobs.
10. What are almost all the regulars doing?
(b) Running tabs.
11. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
(b) A touching faith in tomorrow.
(c) A lack of faith in tomorrow.
12. Hickey is a friend of whom?
13. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
(a) Try his luck with the circus again.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop stealing.
(d) Give up his return to the circus.
14. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
(a) For being involved in a bombing that killed several people.
(b) She is smuggling drugs.
(c) She evaded the draft.
(d) She kidnapped Parritt.
15. What do the girls believe they are?
(c) Not prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cora, Margie, and Pearl place Hickey's parcels?
2. Of what was Larry once an active member?
3. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
4. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
5. What had Harry been?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)