|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
(a) The bar is closed for repairs.
(b) The bar is closed because there is no alcohol left.
(c) The bar is closed for an inspection.
(d) The bar is closed for the party.
2. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
3. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It is interrupted.
(b) It is questioned.
(c) It continues.
(d) It is destroyed.
4. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
(a) By snoring loudly.
(b) By telling them a joke.
(c) By teasing Hickey.
(d) By falling off his stool.
5. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
(a) He should be given a raise.
(b) He should be rewarded.
(c) He should be punished.
(d) He should be given the death penalty.
6. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(a) Meager salaries.
(c) Harry's generosity.
(d) Veteran pay.
7. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
(a) Cora has done nothing wrong.
(b) She is not a virgin.
(c) She is unkind to Cora.
(d) She deserves Cora's taunting.
8. What does Hickey say about Larry's attitude?
(a) He is correct.
(b) It is just another pipe dream.
(c) He is partially correct.
(d) He does not know what he is talking about.
9. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
10. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
(a) Pearl's comments about him acting strangely.
(b) Cora's comments about him being the iceman.
(c) Larry's comments about him being afraid.
(d) Rocky's comments about how he is annoying.
11. What is Willie determined to do?
(a) Be cheerful.
(b) Go and apply for a job.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Leave the bar.
12. What does he say about the person who made these comments?
(a) She has it all wrong.
(b) He is correct.
(c) He has it all wrong.
(d) She is correct.
13. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) To entertain the other men.
(b) He has a song stuck in his head.
(c) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(d) He loves to sing.
14. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
(a) They glare at her because they are jealous.
(b) They jeer at her for planning to be married.
(c) They smile at her for her plans to marry.
(d) They congratulate her for getting married.
15. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
(a) He broke up with his girlfriend.
(b) He was in a fight.
(c) He is in a bad mood.
(d) He was sober.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
2. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
3. What does Rocky say he is not?
4. Why does Willie stop singing?
5. On what did Jimmy report?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)