Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
(a) She deserves Cora's taunting.
(b) Cora has done nothing wrong.
(c) She is not a virgin.
(d) She is unkind to Cora.
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(b) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
(c) One day when he woke up.
(d) When he turned forty.
3. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He does not like Mosher.
(b) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
(c) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
(d) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
4. About what does Willie complain?
(a) A boring job.
(b) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(c) Running out of alcohol.
(d) Being left out of Larry's description.
5. Who is the man who arrived the night before?
6. What does Harry urge the others to do?
7. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
(a) He cries.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He argues.
8. Hickey is a friend of whom?
9. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
(a) Who has the better pipe dreams.
(b) Whether Hickey is telling the truth.
(c) Who will pay for the next drink.
(d) The tab.
10. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
(a) He is in a bad mood.
(b) He was in a fight.
(c) He broke up with his girlfriend.
(d) He was sober.
11. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(b) Hickey's got the right perspective.
(c) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(d) They are just fine the way they are.
12. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
(a) A touching faith in tomorrow.
(c) A lack of faith in tomorrow.
13. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Pours himself a drink.
(b) Goes to his room.
(c) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(d) Pours Hickey a drink.
14. What do the girls believe they are?
(c) Not prostitutes.
15. What is nearing completion later that night at the saloon?
(a) Prepartions for a Mardi Gras party.
(b) Prepartions for Harry's birthday party.
(c) The regulars' time together.
(d) The new kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
2. What had Harry been?
3. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
4. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
5. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)