|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rocky say Pearl has no right to be angry with Cora?
(a) She deserves Cora's taunting.
(b) Cora has done nothing wrong.
(c) She is unkind to Cora.
(d) She is not a virgin.
2. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
(a) She evaded the draft.
(b) She kidnapped Parritt.
(c) For being involved in a bombing that killed several people.
(d) She is smuggling drugs.
3. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
(a) He retreats into unconsciousness.
(b) He buys Parritt a drink.
(c) He goes upstairs to his room.
(d) He goes home.
4. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
(a) By telling them a joke.
(b) By snoring loudly.
(c) By teasing Hickey.
(d) By falling off his stool.
5. What does Rocky say he is not?
(a) A thug.
(b) A husband.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A boyfriend.
6. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
(b) He is tired.
(c) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
(d) He is bored with singing.
7. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
(a) If he had known the other clients would be so rude.
(b) If he had known is was a place where prostitutes hung out.
(c) If he had known he would be teased.
(d) If he had known the drinks were so expensive.
8. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
(a) He has never had dreams.
(b) They are dead and buried.
(c) They are alive.
(d) They are realistic.
9. What does Larry accuse Hickey of being?
(a) Insane and a liar.
(b) Refreshing and bold.
(c) Strange but exciting.
(d) Kind and honest.
10. How does Parritt feel about finding Larry?
11. What does Larry call Parritt?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) His son.
(c) A genious.
(d) A freak.
12. What does Parritt want from Larry?
(d) A job.
13. What does Hickey do with a roll of money?
(a) Buys everyone a drink.
(b) Taunts everyone with it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Buys everyone a non-alcoholic beverage.
14. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) Another drink.
(b) An aspirin.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A pillow.
15. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
(a) Hickey better leave the bar quickly.
(b) Hickey better watch what he says.
(c) Hickey better not talk to his girls.
(d) Hickey better stay away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Parritt having a conversation?
2. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
3. What does Harry say about Hickey?
4. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
5. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)