|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
(a) Have a drinking competition.
(b) Be kind to one another.
(c) Stop talking about Hickey.
(d) Respect him.
2. What does Harry say about Hickey?
(a) He cannot figure him out.
(b) He worries about him.
(c) He no longer likes him.
(d) He does not trust him.
3. How does Hickey enter?
(a) Slowly and sadly.
(c) With drinks for everyone.
(d) With an armful of packages.
4. Of what was Larry once an active member?
(a) The Anarchist Movement.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Sierra Club.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
5. What does Rocky say he is not?
(a) A husband.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A thug.
(d) A boyfriend.
6. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His life.
(b) His family.
(c) His relationship.
(d) His job.
7. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) He will buy them a drink.
(b) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
(c) They are friends with Rocky.
(d) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
8. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It continues.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) It is interrupted.
(d) It is questioned.
9. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
(b) The girls are annoying him.
(c) He wants to run away.
(d) Hickey has started a real revolution.
10. What dies with Harry's wife?
(a) His need to be loved.
(b) His love for women.
(c) His heart.
(d) His desire to advance in politics.
11. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To buy more alcohol.
(b) To buy gifts.
(c) To call the authorities on Parritt.
(d) To see what the noise is.
12. What does Willie's singing do?
(a) Breaks glass.
(b) Encourages the other to join in.
(c) Awakens all the regulars.
(d) Annoys Harry.
13. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
(a) His youth.
(b) His days as a singer.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife, Bessie.
14. Why is Parritt worried?
(a) He cannot find his wallet.
(b) His mother is in prison.
(c) He misses his father.
(d) He has no money and no job.
15. Why does Willie stop singing?
(a) He is bored with singing.
(b) He is tired.
(c) When Harry seems about to take him upstairs.
(d) Everyone is yelling at him to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry leave this organization?
2. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
3. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
4. What does Cora say about Hickey?
5. What does Joe do when he sees their reactions?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)