|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
(a) Buy a round of drinks for everyone.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Pours Hickey a drink.
(d) Goes to his room.
2. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
(a) Grade school.
(b) He cannot say.
(c) Little League baseball.
(d) The Movement.
3. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
(a) They are alive.
(b) They are dead and buried.
(c) They are realistic.
(d) He has never had dreams.
4. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
(a) Be kind to one another.
(b) Have a drinking competition.
(c) Respect him.
(d) Stop talking about Hickey.
5. Who mediates their argument?
6. Of what was Larry once an active member?
(a) The Boy Scouts.
(b) The Sierra Club.
(c) The NRA.
(d) The Anarchist Movement.
7. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) About the other regulars.
(b) Where his mother is being held.
(c) How to get a room in the hotel.
(d) Where to find a job.
8. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
(a) With tears.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With surprise.
9. What does Harry say about Hickey?
(a) He cannot figure him out.
(b) He no longer likes him.
(c) He worries about him.
(d) He does not trust him.
10. What kind of student is Willie?
(a) A doctoral student.
(b) A grad student.
(c) A med student.
(d) A law student.
11. What does Hickey reveal about his visit?
(a) He is there to buy everyone drinks.
(b) He is not just there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
(c) He is there to visit his old friends.
(d) He is there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
12. Why is Larry angry with Parritt?
(a) He believes Parritt expects something from him.
(b) He does not like Parritt.
(c) He believes Parritt is with the police.
(d) He hates Parritt's mother.
13. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It is questioned.
(b) It continues.
(c) It is interrupted.
(d) It is destroyed.
14. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
15. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) An aspirin.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Another drink.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey know about everyone?
2. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
3. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
4. Where were Lewis and Wetjoen enemies?
5. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)