|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie determined to do?
(a) Be cheerful.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Leave the bar.
(d) Go and apply for a job.
2. Who turned Parritt's mother in to the authorities?
3. How do Pearl and Margie look at each other?
4. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) Where his mother is being held.
(b) How to get a room in the hotel.
(c) Where to find a job.
(d) About the other regulars.
5. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His relationship.
(b) His family.
(c) His job.
(d) His life.
6. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Bessie's family?
(a) They are very odd.
(b) They are very quiet.
(c) They are very controlling.
(d) They are very kind.
7. What instructions does Hickey give Cora?
(a) Marry Chuck and move to the country.
(b) Buy more gifts for Harry.
(c) To sit at a piano and practice.
(d) Begin the birthday meal.
8. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
9. For what does Hickey again apologize?
(a) Sounding like a preacher.
(b) Bothering everyone.
(c) Not buying everyone drinks.
(d) Arriving late.
10. What does Hickey say about Larry's attitude?
(a) He is correct.
(b) He is partially correct.
(c) He does not know what he is talking about.
(d) It is just another pipe dream.
11. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
12. What does Pearl angrily suggest she and Margie do?
(a) Find real jobs.
(b) Admit they are prostitutes.
(c) Leave the bar and Rocky.
(d) Get married.
13. What does Parritt want from Larry?
(c) A job.
14. What does Larry call Parritt?
(a) A freak.
(b) His son.
(c) A genious.
(d) A hypocrite.
15. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
(a) Grade school.
(b) Little League baseball.
(c) He cannot say.
(d) The Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What triggered a fight with his mother?
2. What days does Joe recall?
3. Why is Parritt worried?
4. How does Mosher make the others laugh?
5. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)