|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(b) To entertain the other men.
(c) He loves to sing.
(d) He has a song stuck in his head.
2. Why does Joe announce the bar is closed?
(a) The bar is closed for an inspection.
(b) The bar is closed for repairs.
(c) The bar is closed because there is no alcohol left.
(d) The bar is closed for the party.
3. What does Larry accuse Hickey of being?
(a) Kind and honest.
(b) Strange but exciting.
(c) Insane and a liar.
(d) Refreshing and bold.
4. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
(a) If he had known is was a place where prostitutes hung out.
(b) If he had known the other clients would be so rude.
(c) If he had known the drinks were so expensive.
(d) If he had known he would be teased.
5. What had Harry been?
(a) A small time politician.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A smuggler.
(d) A lawyer.
6. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He does not like Mosher.
(b) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
(c) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
(d) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
7. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
(a) He did not believe in the ideals.
(b) He did not get along with the other members.
(c) He no longer had time for it.
(d) He realized the ideals were pipe dreams.
8. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Give up his return to the circus.
(c) Try his luck with the circus again.
(d) Stop stealing.
9. From what does Hickey want to save the regulars?
(a) Alcohol addiction.
(b) Their pipe dreams.
(d) One another.
10. What comments does Hickey say he heard?
(a) Cora's comments about him being the iceman.
(b) Larry's comments about him being afraid.
(c) Pearl's comments about him acting strangely.
(d) Rocky's comments about how he is annoying.
11. What story has Hickey not told?
(a) His milkman story.
(b) His mailman story.
(c) His own story.
(d) His iceman story.
12. How is the night for the regulars at Harry Hope's saloon and bar?
(a) It is an unusual night.
(b) It is a cloudless night.
(c) It is a scary, rainy night.
(d) It is a regular routine night.
13. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
(a) They will not move to the country.
(b) Cora should stop being a prostitute.
(c) They should get married quickly.
(d) They have no real intention of getting married.
14. What is the story about?
(a) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(b) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(c) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(d) A cave man coming to life.
15. Why do Rocky and Chuck leave?
(a) To see what the noise is.
(b) To buy gifts.
(c) To buy more alcohol.
(d) To call the authorities on Parritt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry urge the others to do?
2. About what do Wetjoen and Lewis believe they will do together?
3. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
4. For what does he apologize?
5. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)