|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry's mood become?
(a) Grieving and sentimental.
(b) Excited and happy.
(c) Agitated and nervous.
(d) Solemn and still.
2. What story does Cora tell?
(a) How she first met Chuck.
(b) Why she became a prostitute.
(c) When she first moved to town.
(d) How she robbed a drunken customer.
3. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
(a) They are alive.
(b) He has never had dreams.
(c) They are dead and buried.
(d) They are realistic.
4. What does Harry urge the others to do?
5. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
(a) They are passing out food.
(b) They are keeping Rocky busy.
(c) They are preparing the cake.
(d) They are pouring drinks.
6. What is the story about?
(a) An iceman who delivers ice in a neighborhood.
(b) A group of friends who go out for a night on the town.
(c) Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
(d) A cave man coming to life.
7. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
(a) He should be given the death penalty.
(b) He should be punished.
(c) He should be given a raise.
(d) He should be rewarded.
8. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(b) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(c) They are just fine the way they are.
(d) Hickey's got the right perspective.
9. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
(a) His family.
(b) His wife, Bessie.
(c) His days as a singer.
(d) His youth.
10. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) One day when he woke up.
(b) When he turned forty.
(c) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
(d) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
11. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(b) Veteran pay.
(c) Meager salaries.
(d) Harry's generosity.
12. How does Parritt feel about finding Larry?
13. What days does Joe recall?
(a) The days of his youth.
(b) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(c) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
(d) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
14. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
(a) He no longer had time for it.
(b) He realized the ideals were pipe dreams.
(c) He did not get along with the other members.
(d) He did not believe in the ideals.
15. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
(a) His "wives".
(b) His "girlfriends".
(c) His "women of the night".
(d) His "slave girls".
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mosher and McGloin say about Bessie's family?
2. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
3. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
4. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
5. What story has Hickey not told?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)