|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Rocky complain?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He has nothing to do.
(c) How Hickey is being too bossy.
(d) He has too much to do.
2. Why is Parritt worried?
(a) He has no money and no job.
(b) His mother is in prison.
(c) He cannot find his wallet.
(d) He misses his father.
3. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With surprise.
(c) With tears.
(d) With laughter.
4. To what does Willie confess?
(a) Sleeping on the job.
(b) Going crazy alone in his room.
(c) Stealing drinks.
(d) Criticizing the others.
5. What had Willie been?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A brilliant law student.
(c) A mediocre med student.
(d) An alcoholic.
6. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(b) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(c) They are just fine the way they are.
(d) Hickey's got the right perspective.
7. About what does Willie complain?
(a) Being left out of Larry's description.
(b) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(c) A boring job.
(d) Running out of alcohol.
8. Why does Rocky tell Lewis and Wetjoen to calm down?
(a) Hickey will get upset with them.
(b) Their disagreement is petty.
(c) They are annoying him.
(d) The party will start soon.
9. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
(a) Give up his return to the circus.
(b) Stop stealing.
(c) Try his luck with the circus again.
(d) Stop drinking.
10. How does Harry's mood become?
(a) Solemn and still.
(b) Grieving and sentimental.
(c) Agitated and nervous.
(d) Excited and happy.
11. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(a) Meager salaries.
(b) Veteran pay.
(c) Harry's generosity.
12. Of what was Larry once an active member?
(a) The Anarchist Movement.
(b) The Boy Scouts.
(c) The Sierra Club.
(d) The NRA.
13. Who refers to the bar as "The End of the Line Cafe"?
14. About what do McGloin and Mosher manipulate Harry into reminiscing?
(a) His days as a singer.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife, Bessie.
(d) His youth.
15. How does Hickey feel now that he does not have pipe dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
2. What does Rocky say he is not?
3. On what did Jimmy report?
4. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
5. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)