|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey know about everyone?
(a) They like him.
(b) They understand him.
(c) They resent him.
(d) They trust him.
2. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
(a) He tells them to forget their pipe dreams.
(b) He taunts them about their pipe dreams.
(c) He lists them.
(d) He counsels them on them.
3. What does Jimmy absolutely believe will happen to him?
(a) He will become a millionaire.
(b) He will die young.
(c) He will get a newspaper job.
(d) He will find a nice girl to marry.
4. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
(a) Harry's generosity.
(c) Veteran pay.
(d) Meager salaries.
5. About what do Pearl and Margie tease Parritt?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His mother's imprisonment.
(c) His relationship with Larry.
(d) His reluctance to enjoy their company.
6. What does Parritt want from Larry?
(d) A job.
7. For what does he apologize?
(a) Sounding like he is delivering a sermon.
(b) Showing up so late.
(c) Ruining their evening.
(d) Not buying them alcohol.
8. Why does Larry leave this organization?
(a) He loses all of his friends.
(b) He becomes disillusioned.
(c) He does not earn enough money.
(d) It is disbanded.
9. How does Hickey enter?
(a) With an armful of packages.
(b) With drinks for everyone.
(d) Slowly and sadly.
10. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) Where his mother is being held.
(b) Where to find a job.
(c) About the other regulars.
(d) How to get a room in the hotel.
11. For what does Hickey again apologize?
(a) Not buying everyone drinks.
(b) Sounding like a preacher.
(c) Bothering everyone.
(d) Arriving late.
12. About what do Wetjoen and Lewis believe they will do together?
(a) Start a small business.
(c) Go on trips to South Africa and England.
(d) Live in a nice apartment.
13. What days does Joe recall?
(a) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(b) The days of his youth.
(c) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
(d) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
14. What has Hickey been hinting to Cora and Chuck?
(a) They should get married quickly.
(b) Cora should stop being a prostitute.
(c) They have no real intention of getting married.
(d) They will not move to the country.
15. What is nearing completion later that night at the saloon?
(a) Prepartions for a Mardi Gras party.
(b) The regulars' time together.
(c) The new kitchen.
(d) Prepartions for Harry's birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What triggered a fight with his mother?
2. How do the others react to Joe's challenge?
3. What do Pearl and Margie do to Cora?
4. What does Joe challenge all the others to do?
5. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)