|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Lewis and Wetjoen reliving their rivalry?
(a) They are awakened by Willie's song.
(b) It is entertaining for the other regulars.
(c) Larry had brought up the war.
(d) They relive it every night.
2. How does Harry's mood become?
(a) Excited and happy.
(b) Grieving and sentimental.
(c) Solemn and still.
(d) Agitated and nervous.
3. What is nearing completion later that night at the saloon?
(a) Prepartions for Harry's birthday party.
(b) The new kitchen.
(c) The regulars' time together.
(d) Prepartions for a Mardi Gras party.
4. What does Rocky say he is not?
(a) A thug.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A husband.
(d) A boyfriend.
5. Hickey is a friend of whom?
6. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) Hickey's got the right perspective.
(b) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(c) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(d) They are just fine the way they are.
7. About what does Joe dream?
(a) His life.
(c) His wife.
(d) His gambling hall.
8. About what does Willie complain?
(a) Having an uncomfortable bed to sleep on.
(b) Running out of alcohol.
(c) A boring job.
(d) Being left out of Larry's description.
9. What does Jimmy absolutely believe will happen to him?
(a) He will become a millionaire.
(b) He will find a nice girl to marry.
(c) He will get a newspaper job.
(d) He will die young.
10. What had Willie been?
(a) A mediocre med student.
(b) A brilliant law student.
(c) A college professor.
(d) An alcoholic.
11. What does Hickey say Parritt believes is finished?
(a) His family.
(b) His life.
(c) His job.
(d) His relationship.
12. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Drink more.
(d) Keep the noise down.
13. What has Hickey inspired Mosher to do?
(a) Stop stealing.
(b) Try his luck with the circus again.
(c) Give up his return to the circus.
(d) Stop drinking.
14. From where does Hickey know Parritt?
(a) The Movement.
(b) Grade school.
(c) He cannot say.
(d) Little League baseball.
15. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) How to get a room in the hotel.
(b) Where his mother is being held.
(c) Where to find a job.
(d) About the other regulars.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
2. What kind of student is Willie?
3. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
4. What does Rocky do as Hickey greets the regulars?
5. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)