|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) They are just fine the way they are.
(b) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
(c) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(d) Hickey's got the right perspective.
2. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
(a) Hickey drinks too much.
(b) He does not like Hickey.
(c) As the result of overwork.
(d) He is teasing Hickey.
3. What does Larry say jokingly to the comatose Hugo?
(a) The girls are annoying him.
(b) Hickey has started a real revolution.
(c) He wants to run away.
(d) Hickey is too popular for his own good.
4. Why does Harry go after Mosher?
(a) He accuses Mosher of taking unfair advantage of Bessie.
(b) He does not like Mosher.
(c) Mosher is saying horrible things about Bessie.
(d) He is angry about his wife's death and needs to take it out on someone.
5. What dies with Harry's wife?
(a) His need to be loved.
(b) His heart.
(c) His desire to advance in politics.
(d) His love for women.
6. About what do Larry and Mosher argue?
(a) Who has the better pipe dreams.
(b) Who will pay for the next drink.
(c) Whether Hickey is telling the truth.
(d) The tab.
7. What story does Cora tell?
(a) Why she became a prostitute.
(b) How she first met Chuck.
(c) How she robbed a drunken customer.
(d) When she first moved to town.
8. On what did Jimmy report?
(a) Scientific discoveries.
(b) Presidential elections.
(c) The war.
(d) Fashion trends.
9. Who mediates their argument?
10. What does Parritt do when Hickey does not recognize him?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He asks Hickey who he is.
(d) He introduces himself.
11. What does Hickey reveal about his visit?
(a) He is there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
(b) He is there to buy everyone drinks.
(c) He is not just there to celebrate Harry's birthday.
(d) He is there to visit his old friends.
12. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
(a) His "wives".
(b) His "girlfriends".
(c) His "slave girls".
(d) His "women of the night".
13. What does Rocky say threateningly to Hickey?
(a) Hickey better watch what he says.
(b) Hickey better stay away from him.
(c) Hickey better not talk to his girls.
(d) Hickey better leave the bar quickly.
14. What are Margie and Pearl doing to assist?
(a) They are passing out food.
(b) They are pouring drinks.
(c) They are keeping Rocky busy.
(d) They are preparing the cake.
15. About what does Rocky complain?
(a) He has too much to do.
(b) He is bored.
(c) How Hickey is being too bossy.
(d) He has nothing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say when he wakes up?
2. How does everyone react when Hickey says he has stopped drinking?
3. What kind of student is Willie?
4. On what do Lewis, Wetjoen, and Jimmy live?
5. To what does Willie confess?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)