Short Answer Key
Act 1, Part 1
1. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
It is interrupted.
2. What is the story about?
Their painful, aborted attempts to change themselves.
3. How is the night for the regulars at Harry Hope's saloon and bar?
It is a regular routine night.
4. What are almost all the regulars doing?
5. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
A touching faith in tomorrow.
6. Of what was Larry once an active member?
The Anarchist Movement.
7. Why does Larry leave this organization?
He becomes disillusioned.
8. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
They are dead and buried.
9. Who wakes Hugo up from his drunken stupor?
10. What does Hugo jokingly call Rocky's prostitutes?
His "slave girls".
11. What does Rocky say he is not?
This section contains 2,106 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)