|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Larry describe the regulars' faith?
(b) A lack of faith in tomorrow.
(d) A touching faith in tomorrow.
2. For what does Willie wake up enough to beg?
(a) Another drink.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) An aspirin.
(d) A pillow.
3. Why does Larry leave this organization?
(a) He becomes disillusioned.
(b) He does not earn enough money.
(c) It is disbanded.
(d) He loses all of his friends.
4. Why does Willie begin to sing?
(a) To entertain the other men.
(b) To fill the time until Hickey's arrival.
(c) He has a song stuck in his head.
(d) He loves to sing.
5. What days does Joe recall?
(a) When he lived well off the proceeds of his successful gambling house.
(b) When he was married to his high school sweetheart.
(c) When he first starting coming to the saloon.
(d) The days of his youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lewis and Wetjoen reliving their rivalry?
2. What do the girls believe they are?
3. How does Harry's mood become?
4. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
5. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)