|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
(a) He taunts them about their pipe dreams.
(b) He tells them to forget their pipe dreams.
(c) He counsels them on them.
(d) He lists them.
2. What does Parritt ask Larry to tell him?
(a) How to get a room in the hotel.
(b) Where his mother is being held.
(c) About the other regulars.
(d) Where to find a job.
3. What is Larry's comment about the others and their dreams?
(a) Their lives and dreams are a waste of time.
(b) They are just fine the way they are.
(c) Hickey's got the right perspective.
(d) He is glad he does not have any pipe dreams.
4. Why does Larry leave the Movement?
(a) He did not believe in the ideals.
(b) He did not get along with the other members.
(c) He no longer had time for it.
(d) He realized the ideals were pipe dreams.
5. What does Larry say about all of his dreams?
(a) He has never had dreams.
(b) They are alive.
(c) They are dead and buried.
(d) They are realistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Lewis and Wetjoen enemies?
2. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
3. What excuse does Chuck give for the change in Hickey?
4. Why is Parritt's mother arrested?
5. Why does Parritt say he never would have come to the bar?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)