|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they sit down by Rocky?
(a) He will buy them a drink.
(b) To hand over the proceeds of their night's work.
(c) They are friends with Rocky.
(d) To catch up on the gossip they have missed.
2. What does Rocky say he is not?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) A thug.
(c) A husband.
(d) A pimp.
3. What does Hickey do with the regulars' various pipe dreams?
(a) He tells them to forget their pipe dreams.
(b) He counsels them on them.
(c) He taunts them about their pipe dreams.
(d) He lists them.
4. When does he realize he does not need to drink anymore?
(a) One day when he woke up.
(b) When he gave up on old pipe dreams.
(c) When he turned forty.
(d) After attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
5. What happens to the deluded peace of a group of regulars at a low-end bar?
(a) It is questioned.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) It is interrupted.
(d) It continues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo do after demanding that Parritt buy him a drink?
2. About what do Wetjoen and Lewis believe they will do together?
3. Why does Mosher say Hickey is temporarily insane?
4. Why are Lewis and Wetjoen reliving their rivalry?
5. What does Larry think should happen to the person who turned Parritt's mother in?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)