Prologue, Chapter One
1. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
(a) Trying to find the north pole.
(b) Tracking drug runners.
(c) It's on standard iceberg patrol.
(d) Looking for survivors of a ship wreck.
2. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Drop a bomb.
(b) Returns to its ship.
(c) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
(d) Flies lower.
3. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) An American and French flag.
(b) A mastodon.
(c) A burned out ship.
(d) Some frozen people.
4. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Drops a red dye flare on it.
5. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Two unidentified men.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(d) Commander Koski.
This section contains 4,914 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)