|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Craig's demolition expert?
2. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
3. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
4. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
5. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sedna?
2. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
3. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
4. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
5. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
6. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
7. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
8. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
9. Who is Craig?
10. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Matt and Viktor reflect on their past and the deaths of their parents. Compare and contrast Matt and Viktor's past, especially as it relates to the death of their parents and how those deaths affected the men's lives.
Essay Topic 2
Amanda decided to defy authority and bring Jenny, Matt, Craig, and John to the Ice Station. Discuss Amanda's reasons for deciding to bring the four to the ice station.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Amanda is able to use the walkie-talkie to call for help; but, because of her deafness, she doesn't know if anyone hears her. Discuss Amanda's deafness and the challenges it presents throughout the novel. Are there times when her deafness is an advantage?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)