|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
2. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
3. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
4. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
5. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sedna?
2. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
3. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
4. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
5. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
6. What is on Level 4?
7. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
8. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
9. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
10. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
Essay Topic 3
Amanda decided to defy authority and bring Jenny, Matt, Craig, and John to the Ice Station. Discuss Amanda's reasons for deciding to bring the four to the ice station.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)