|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
2. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
3. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
4. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
5. How many of Sewell's men were killed when the Russians commandeered the base?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)