|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
2. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
3. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
4. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
5. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
2. What is on Level 4?
3. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
4. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
5. Who is Sedna?
6. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
7. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
9. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
10. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, clues are given that something horrible is on Level 4. Discuss these clues and whether they indicate the real horror that exists on that level.
Essay Topic 2
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)