|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
2. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
3. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
4. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
5. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sedna?
2. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
3. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
4. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
6. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
7. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
8. What is on Level 4?
9. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
10. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Matt and Viktor reflect on their past and the deaths of their parents. Compare and contrast Matt and Viktor's past, especially as it relates to the death of their parents and how those deaths affected the men's lives.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 3
Amanda decided to defy authority and bring Jenny, Matt, Craig, and John to the Ice Station. Discuss Amanda's reasons for deciding to bring the four to the ice station.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)