|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
2. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
3. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
4. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
5. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
2. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
3. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
4. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
5. Who is Sedna?
6. Who is Craig?
7. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
8. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
9. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
10. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rollins uses suspense to create a state of uncertainty and to keep readers guessing. Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)