|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
2. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
4. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
5. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
2. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
3. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
4. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
5. Who is Craig?
6. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
7. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
8. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
9. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
10. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, the author takes liberties with the history of the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette," adjusting the facts to advance the novel's plot. Discuss how creative license is used in the novel and the purpose of using creative license in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Rollins uses suspense to create a state of uncertainty and to keep readers guessing. Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)