|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
2. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
3. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
4. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
5. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
Essay Topic 1
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)