|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
2. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
3. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
4. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
5. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Matt and Jenny are reunited at the Ice Station, and it seemed as if all the bitter years had never happened. Discuss the relationship between Matt and Jenny and how their relationship changed throughout the novel
Essay Topic 3
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)