|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
2. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
3. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
4. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
5. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
2. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
4. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
5. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
6. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
7. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
8. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
9. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
10. Who is Sedna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Amanda is able to use the walkie-talkie to call for help; but, because of her deafness, she doesn't know if anyone hears her. Discuss Amanda's deafness and the challenges it presents throughout the novel. Are there times when her deafness is an advantage?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)