|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
2. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
3. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
4. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
5. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
2. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
3. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
4. Who is Sedna?
5. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
6. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
7. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
8. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
9. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
10. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 2
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)