|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
2. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
3. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
4. How many of Craig's men are killed when Viktor sets off an explosion at the entrance of the Ice Station?
5. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Amanda is able to use the walkie-talkie to call for help; but, because of her deafness, she doesn't know if anyone hears her. Discuss Amanda's deafness and the challenges it presents throughout the novel. Are there times when her deafness is an advantage?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)