|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jenny when she broke her leg and it had to be pinned back together?
2. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
3. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
4. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
5. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
2. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
3. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
4. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
5. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
6. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
7. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
8. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
9. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
10. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)