|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
2. Who is Craig's demolition expert?
3. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
4. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
5. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
2. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
3. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
4. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
5. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
6. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
7. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
8. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
9. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
10. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 3
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)