|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
2. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
3. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
4. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
5. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
2. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
3. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
4. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
5. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
6. Who is Sedna?
7. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
8. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
9. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
10. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)