|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette" become trapped in the polar ice cap?
2. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
3. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
4. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
5. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
2. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
3. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
4. What is on Level 4?
5. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
6. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
7. Who is Craig?
8. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
9. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
10. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda decided to defy authority and bring Jenny, Matt, Craig, and John to the Ice Station. Discuss Amanda's reasons for deciding to bring the four to the ice station.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 3
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)