|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
2. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
3. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
4. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
5. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
2. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
3. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
4. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
5. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
6. Who is Craig?
7. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
8. What is on Level 4?
9. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
10. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amanda decided to defy authority and bring Jenny, Matt, Craig, and John to the Ice Station. Discuss Amanda's reasons for deciding to bring the four to the ice station.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the author uses exposition to reveal information about the past. Discuss how exposition informs readers about characters, plot, and setting of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)