|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
2. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
3. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
5. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
2. Who is Craig?
3. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
4. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
5. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
6. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
7. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
8. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
9. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
10. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, the author takes liberties with the history of the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette," adjusting the facts to advance the novel's plot. Discuss how creative license is used in the novel and the purpose of using creative license in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)