|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
2. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
3. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
4. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
5. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
2. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
4. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
5. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
6. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
7. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
8. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
9. Who is Craig?
10. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 2
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)