|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
2. What is Craig's code name?
3. Where does John have some frostbite?
4. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
5. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
2. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
3. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
4. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
5. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
6. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
7. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
8. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
9. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
10. Who is Craig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the author uses exposition to reveal information about the past. Discuss how exposition informs readers about characters, plot, and setting of the novel.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)