|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
2. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
3. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
4. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
5. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
2. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
3. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
4. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
5. Who is Sedna?
6. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
7. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
9. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
10. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, clues are given that something horrible is on Level 4. Discuss these clues and whether they indicate the real horror that exists on that level.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)