|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
2. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
3. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
4. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
5. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
2. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
3. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
4. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
5. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
6. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
7. What does Jenny look like?
8. What is the Continental Divide?
9. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
10. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)