|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
2. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
4. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
5. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny look like?
2. What is an ice island?
3. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
6. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
7. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
8. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
9. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
10. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, the author takes liberties with the history of the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette," adjusting the facts to advance the novel's plot. Discuss how creative license is used in the novel and the purpose of using creative license in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)