|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
2. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
3. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
4. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
5. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
2. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
3. What is on Level 4?
4. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
5. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
6. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
7. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
8. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
9. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
10. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)