|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
2. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
4. How tall is Lee Bently?
5. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
2. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
3. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
4. What is the Continental Divide?
5. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
6. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
7. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
8. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
9. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
10. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 2
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Matt and Viktor reflect on their past and the deaths of their parents. Compare and contrast Matt and Viktor's past, especially as it relates to the death of their parents and how those deaths affected the men's lives.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)