|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
2. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
3. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
4. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Craig?
2. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
3. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
4. Who is Sedna?
5. How is the Drakon equipped?
6. What happens to Craig after the explosion?
7. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
8. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
9. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
10. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
Essay Topic 1
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 3
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)