Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
2. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
3. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
4. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
5. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
2. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
3. What is on Level 4?
4. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
5. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
6. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
7. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
8. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
9. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
10. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)