|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
2. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
3. In Chapter 4, what empty box does Amanda see as she goes into the Crawl Space with Henry Ogden?
4. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
5. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny look like?
2. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
3. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
4. How is the Drakon equipped?
5. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
6. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
7. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
8. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 2
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the author uses exposition to reveal information about the past. Discuss how exposition informs readers about characters, plot, and setting of the novel.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)