|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
2. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
3. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
4. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
5. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Drakon equipped?
2. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
3. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
6. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
7. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
8. What does Jenny look like?
9. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
10. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the author uses exposition to reveal information about the past. Discuss how exposition informs readers about characters, plot, and setting of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Matt and Jenny are reunited at the Ice Station, and it seemed as if all the bitter years had never happened. Discuss the relationship between Matt and Jenny and how their relationship changed throughout the novel
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)