|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
2. Where is Dr. Willig from?
3. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
4. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
5. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
2. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
3. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
4. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
5. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
6. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
7. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
8. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
9. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
10. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)