|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
2. What is John's full Inuit name?
3. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
4. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
5. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
2. How is the Drakon equipped?
3. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
4. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
5. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
6. What is an ice island?
7. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
8. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, the author takes liberties with the history of the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette," adjusting the facts to advance the novel's plot. Discuss how creative license is used in the novel and the purpose of using creative license in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)