|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
2. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
3. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
4. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
5. How many years was Matt in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Continental Divide?
2. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
3. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
4. How is the Drakon equipped?
5. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
6. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
7. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
8. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, Jenny and her father have established an uneasy peace, but as the novel progresses their relationship changes. Discuss how and why their relationship changes.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)