|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
2. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
3. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
4. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
5. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
2. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
3. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
4. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
5. How is the Drakon equipped?
6. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
7. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
8. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
9. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
10. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)