|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what empty box does Amanda see as she goes into the Crawl Space with Henry Ogden?
2. What is the name of Matt's horse?
3. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
4. How tall is Captain Perry?
5. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an ice island?
2. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
3. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
4. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
5. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
6. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
7. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
8. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
9. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
10. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
Essay Topic 3
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)