|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
2. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
3. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
4. Where is Dr. Willig from?
5. What is the name of Matt's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
2. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
3. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
4. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
5. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
6. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
7. What does Jenny look like?
8. What is an ice island?
9. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
10. What is the Continental Divide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Amanda is able to use the walkie-talkie to call for help; but, because of her deafness, she doesn't know if anyone hears her. Discuss Amanda's deafness and the challenges it presents throughout the novel. Are there times when her deafness is an advantage?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses chapter headings in "Ice Hunt" to help readers determine the main idea in each section. Discuss how chapter headings help sum up the main idea in a section.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, Matt and Jenny are reunited at the Ice Station, and it seemed as if all the bitter years had never happened. Discuss the relationship between Matt and Jenny and how their relationship changed throughout the novel
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)