|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
2. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
3. How did Viktor's mother die?
4. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
5. How old is Viktor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
2. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
3. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
4. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
5. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
6. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
7. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
8. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, clues are given that something horrible is on Level 4. Discuss these clues and whether they indicate the real horror that exists on that level.
Essay Topic 3
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)