|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
2. What type of stock is on Matt's rifle?
3. How many years was Matt in the military?
4. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
5. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
2. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
3. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
4. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
5. What does Jenny look like?
6. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
7. How is the Drakon equipped?
8. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
9. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
10. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters have to use teamwork to survive crises. Discuss how characters use teamwork in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, clues are given that something horrible is on Level 4. Discuss these clues and whether they indicate the real horror that exists on that level.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)