|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
2. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
3. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
4. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
5. How old was Matt's son when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
2. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
3. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
6. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
7. What is an ice island?
8. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
9. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
10. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the probability of events that occur in the novel. Especially as related to the grendels and the experiments performed on the Ice Station.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss who is the main antagonist in the novel and whether there is one or more protagonists in "Ice Hunt."
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)