|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Matt go to college?
2. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
3. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
4. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
5. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Continental Divide?
2. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
3. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
4. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
5. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
6. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
7. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
8. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
9. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
10. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Jenny states, "Some things can't be forgiven." Discuss why and who Jenny cannot forgive.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of fathers and sons is interwoven throughout the novel. Discuss the theme of father and sons in the novel. Which father/son pairs are essential to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)