|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
2. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
3. How old is Viktor?
4. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
5. How old was Matt's son when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Craig?
2. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
3. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
4. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
5. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
6. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
7. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
8. What happens to Craig after the explosion?
9. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. How does Amanda try to block two of the Polaris amplifiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses cliffhangers to create suspense, to engage readers, and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 2
Rollins uses suspense to create a state of uncertainty and to keep readers guessing. Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Matt and Stefan survive despite the challenges they face. Discuss perseverance in the novel and how various characters demonstrate this trait.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)