|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
2. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
3. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
4. What is the name of Matt's horse?
5. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
2. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
3. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
4. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
5. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
6. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
7. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
8. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
9. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
10. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mood of the novel varies from chapter to chapter and even from one scene in a chapter to another. Discuss the overall mood of the novel and whether the mood is more positive or negative.
Essay Topic 2
The grendels play a large role in the novel. Discuss the creatures: their appearance, behavior, theories about them, and their role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Several theories are proposed to explain why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Take a position and argue why Prudhoe Bay was destroyed. Use examples from the book for your arguments.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)