|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
2. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. How many homemade Molotovs do Craig and the others have when they join Jenny's group?
4. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
(a) Control room for the station's sea gate.
(b) Hydraulics room.
(c) Electronics room.
(d) The main room for Grendel research.
5. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
(a) 36 in. high.
(b) 10 ft. high.
(c) 6 in. high.
(d) 5 ft. high.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
2. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
3. Where does John have some frostbite?
4. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
5. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
2. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
3. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
4. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
5. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
6. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
7. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
8. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
9. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
10. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)