|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
2. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
(a) Chemical grenade.
(b) Incendiary grenade.
(c) Illuminating grenade.
(d) Fragmentation grenade.
3. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Shoulder and neck.
(d) Back and elbow.
4. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) A hammer.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) An ax.
5. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
2. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
3. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
4. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
5. What type of vehicles do the men arrive in who pick up Jenny and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
2. What is on Level 4?
3. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
4. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
6. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
7. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
8. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
9. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
10. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)