|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
(a) 65 mph.
(b) Over 100 mph.
(c) About 80 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
2. What type of a weapon does Greer give Matt when they reach the Ice Station?
(b) H and K USP.
(c) M11 9mm pistol.
(d) 9mm Beretta.
3. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 6 ft.
(b) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(c) 7 ft.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
4. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
(a) Tap on his muzzle.
(b) A sharp whispered command.
(c) Hand signal.
(d) By pulling his collar.
5. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
(a) Repeats it until he has it memorized.
(b) Writes it on his hand.
(c) Records it on a digital recorder.
(d) Writes it down on a scrap of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
2. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
3. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
4. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
5. How many of Craig's men are killed when Viktor sets off an explosion at the entrance of the Ice Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
2. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
3. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
4. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
5. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
6. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
7. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
8. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
9. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
10. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)