|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette" become trapped in the polar ice cap?
2. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
(a) About 10 feet.
(b) As high as the helicopter.
(c) As high as the Ice Station.
(d) About 6 feet.
3. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
4. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
5. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
2. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
3. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
4. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
5. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
2. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
3. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
4. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
6. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
7. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
8. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
9. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
10. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)