|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
2. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 45 degrees.
(c) 50 degrees.
(d) 15 degrees.
3. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
4. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
(a) 3rd level.
(b) 4th level.
(c) 2nd level.
(d) 1st level.
5. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Matt, Bratt and the others hope to steal to make their escape from the Ice Station?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
3. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
4. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
5. When did the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette" become trapped in the polar ice cap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
2. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
3. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
4. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
5. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
6. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
7. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
8. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
9. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
10. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)