|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
2. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(a) About 8.
(b) More than 10.
3. How many of Craig's men are killed when Viktor sets off an explosion at the entrance of the Ice Station?
4. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) Dinner tray.
(b) Puddle of blood.
(c) A rug.
(d) Spot of ice.
5. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
2. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
3. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
4. Who previously inventoried the weapons on the ice station?
5. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Craig?
2. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
3. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
4. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
5. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
6. What is on Level 4?
7. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
8. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
9. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)