|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
2. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
3. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 7 ft.
(d) 6 ft.
4. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Broken jaw.
(b) Broken wrist.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken nose.
5. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jenny when she broke her leg and it had to be pinned back together?
2. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
4. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
5. How many of Sewell's men were killed when the Russians commandeered the base?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
2. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What does Amanda do to try to lure the grendel off Matt's and her scent?
4. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
5. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
6. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
7. What is on Level 4?
8. Why does Matt believe that Bane is killed?
9. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
10. What message does Viktor send Matt to give to the Delta Force?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)