|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
2. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
3. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Black eye.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Broken wrist.
(d) Broken nose.
4. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
5. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
(a) In a storage tunnel.
(b) Under tarps by the polyna.
(c) In an ice cave.
(d) In orange tents in a nearby valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the men on the Delta Force been stationed near the Omega Drift Station?
2. When did the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette" become trapped in the polar ice cap?
3. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
4. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
5. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Russians bring Jenny and John to the base?
2. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
3. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
4. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
5. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
6. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
7. How is the way that the grendels track Craig's group as they attempt to escape across the ice similar to the way polar bears hunt?
8. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
9. What has to be done after the ice brake is damaged on the ice boat to stop the boat?
10. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)