|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
(a) Steel hammer.
(b) Meat hooks.
(c) Steel pipe.
(d) Bone saw
2. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(a) About 8.
(d) More than 10.
3. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(c) Twin Huey.
(d) Pave Hawk.
4. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
(a) 52 knots.
(b) 35 knots.
(c) 25 knots.
(d) 42 knots
5. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy that Matt sees in one of the tanks?
2. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
3. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
4. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
5. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
3. Who is Craig?
4. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
5. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
6. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
7. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
8. Why does Maki remind Matt of Tyler?
9. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
10. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)