|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
2. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) A hammer.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) An ax.
3. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
(a) Control room for the station's sea gate.
(b) The main room for Grendel research.
(c) Hydraulics room.
(d) Electronics room.
4. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
(a) Linkin Park.
(c) Sound Garden.
5. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Broken nose.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
2. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
3. Who previously inventoried the weapons on the ice station?
4. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
5. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
2. Why does Viktor believe that the Inuit boy bonds with him?
3. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
5. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
6. What does Matt believe it would take for Delta Force to take the Ice Station from the Russians?
7. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
8. What is on Level 4?
9. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
10. Who is Craig?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)