|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) Repeated ear infections.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) The result of a childhood disease.
2. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Henry Ogden.
(b) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(c) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(d) Dr. Erik Gustof.
3. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
4. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) University of Georgia.
(d) University of Iowa.
5. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 12,000 years.
(b) 50,000 years.
(c) 75,000 years.
(d) 45,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
2. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
3. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
4. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny look like?
2. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
3. How is the Drakon equipped?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
6. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
7. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
8. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
9. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
10. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)