|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 65 years.
(d) 45 years.
2. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 3 miles.
3. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Crime and Punishment.
(c) Notes from Underground.
(d) House of the Dead.
4. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 400 ft.
(b) 100 ft.
(c) 300 ft.
(d) 200 ft.
5. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Matt in the military?
2. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
3. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
4. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
5. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
2. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
3. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
6. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
7. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
8. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)