|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
3. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
4. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
2. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
4. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
5. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
2. Why does Dr. Ogden stay behind at the Ice Station?
3. What is on Level 4?
4. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
5. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
6. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
7. Why did no one investigate when communications with the Ice Station were lost?
8. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
9. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
10. What does the creature look like that comes into the nest where Amanda is hiding?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)