|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
2. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
3. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
4. How did Viktor's mother die?
(a) Firing Squad.
5. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 400 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Captain Perry?
2. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
3. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
4. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
5. How tall is Lee Bently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
2. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
3. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
4. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
5. Who is Craig?
6. After the Ice Station entrance is bombed, why does Craig have the rest of the Delta Force stand down 30 miles away?
7. Who shows up in Chapter 18 and takes out the two guards guarding Matt, Jenny, and the other prisoners?
8. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
9. How is Viktor Petkov dressed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. What is Dr. Ogden's theory about the grendels' social structure?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)