|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 11:54 p.m.
(b) 12:11 a.m.
(c) 1:15 a.m.
(d) 10:03 p.m.
2. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
4. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) Repeated ear infections.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) The result of a childhood disease.
5. What is John's full Inuit name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
2. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
3. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
4. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
2. What is an ice island?
3. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
4. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
5. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
6. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
7. How is the Drakon equipped?
8. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
9. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
10. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)