|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
2. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
3. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
5. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(b) Saint Elias.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
2. What type of stock is on Matt's rifle?
3. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
4. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
5. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
2. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
3. Who is Craig?
4. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
5. What happens to Craig after the explosion?
6. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
7. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
8. What action does Commander Bratt propose when not all of the civilians can be located to evacuate from the Ice Station?
9. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
10. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)