|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
3. After Project Shockwave was completed, how long did Viktor hold off implementing his plan for revenge?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
5. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
(a) 3/4 mile.
(b) ¼ mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1/3 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
3. How old was Matt's son when he died?
4. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
5. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
2. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
3. What does Jenny look like?
4. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
5. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
6. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
7. What is an ice island?
8. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
9. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
10. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)