|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
2. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
3. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
4. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(a) Camden Bay.
(b) Natuakruk Lake.
5. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 7 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 5 ft. 1 in.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
2. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
3. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
4. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
5. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
2. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
3. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
4. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
5. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
6. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
7. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
8. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
9. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
10. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)