|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
3. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
4. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
5. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
(a) Navy Seals.
(d) Green Berets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
2. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
3. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
4. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
5. What is the name of Matt's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
2. What is Mikovsky's primary mission?
3. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
4. How is the Drakon equipped?
5. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
6. What happened to some of the survivors of the U.S. Arctic steamer Jeannette?
7. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
8. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
9. What were the canisters that a seaman saw the Russians dropping into a hole in the ice?
10. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)