|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 250 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 550 miles.
(d) 400 miles.
2. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 5 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
3. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
4. How did Viktor's mother die?
(a) Firing Squad.
5. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Norway and Sweden.
(b) Canada and Greenland.
(c) Vietnam and Thailand.
(d) Pakistan and China.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Lee Bently?
2. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
3. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
4. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
5. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
2. What is the Continental Divide?
3. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
4. What is an ice island?
5. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
6. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
7. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
8. What does Jenny look like?
9. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
10. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)