|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Norway and Sweden.
(b) Pakistan and China.
(c) Vietnam and Thailand.
(d) Canada and Greenland.
2. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
3. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
4. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
5. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
(b) Navy Seals.
(c) Green Berets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
3. What type of stock is on Matt's rifle?
4. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
5. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
2. What is the Continental Divide?
3. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
4. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
5. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
6. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
7. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
8. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
9. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
10. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)