|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 7 in.
(b) 5 ft. 1 in.
(c) 6 ft. 1 in.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
2. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
3. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
4. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 in.
(c) 5 ft. 2 in.
(d) 6 ft.
5. What is John's full Inuit name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
2. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
3. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
4. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
5. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
2. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
3. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
4. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
5. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
6. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
7. How is the Drakon equipped?
8. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
9. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
10. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)