|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
2. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 1 in.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 5 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
3. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
(a) 1/3 mile.
(b) ¼ mile.
(c) 3/4 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
4. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
5. Where is Dr. Willig from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
2. What sport did Lacy Devlin participate in in the 2000 Olympics?
3. After Project Shockwave was completed, how long did Viktor hold off implementing his plan for revenge?
4. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
5. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
2. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
3. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
4. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
5. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
6. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
7. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
8. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
9. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
10. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)