|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 100 million years ago.
(b) 8 million years ago.
(c) 36 million years ago.
(d) 12 million years ago.
2. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
3. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 25 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
4. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(b) Natuakruk Lake.
(c) Camden Bay.
5. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
2. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
3. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
4. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
5. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
2. How does Jenny stop the creature that starts to follow them down the ventilation shaft?
3. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
4. How are the titanium spheres being arranged by the Russian divers?
5. How is the Drakon equipped?
6. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
7. Who shows up in Chapter 18 and takes out the two guards guarding Matt, Jenny, and the other prisoners?
8. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
9. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
10. Why did Admiral Petkov remain at Omega?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)