|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
2. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) University of Georgia.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Tennessee.
3. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
4. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 36 million years ago.
(b) 12 million years ago.
(c) 100 million years ago.
(d) 8 million years ago.
5. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
2. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
3. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
4. What is the name of Matt's horse?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Dr. Willig compare the creatures in the Crawl Space?
2. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
3. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
4. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
5. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
6. What does Jenny look like?
7. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
8. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
9. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
10. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)