|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Lacy Devlin participate in in the 2000 Olympics?
(a) Ice skating.
2. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(c) He did not win it.
3. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 12,000 years.
(b) 45,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 75,000 years.
4. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
5. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
3. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
4. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
5. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
2. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
3. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
4. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
5. What does Jenny look like?
6. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
7. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
8. How is the Drakon equipped?
9. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
10. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)