|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
2. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $55 million.
(c) $75 billion.
(d) $90 billion.
3. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
4. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
5. In Chapter 4, what empty box does Amanda see as she goes into the Crawl Space with Henry Ogden?
(a) Hostess Ding Dong.
(b) Cheerios cereal.
(c) Earl Grey Tea.
(d) Oreo cookie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
2. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
3. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
4. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
5. How old is Viktor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
2. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
3. What does the creature look like that Lacy sees?
4. In Chapter 5, what are some signs that the land is experiencing a spring thaw?
5. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
6. What is an ice island?
7. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
8. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
9. What does it mean to Viktor when he learns that the U.S. Delta Force has been mobilized?
10. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)