|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
(a) Sarana Valley.
(b) Alatna Valley.
(c) Mendenhall Valley.
(d) Tanana Valley.
2. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Tennessee.
(d) University of Georgia.
3. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
(a) Around 90 mph.
(b) More than 70 mph.
(c) Over 85 mph.
(d) About 55 mph.
4. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
(b) Green Berets.
(d) Navy Seals.
5. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 50,000 years.
(b) 75,000 years.
(c) 45,000 years.
(d) 12,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
2. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
3. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
4. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
5. Where is Dr. Willig from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Sentinel all but invisible to most means of detection?
2. What types of research projects are being conducted at Omega Drift Station?
3. What does Jenny look like?
4. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
5. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
6. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
7. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
8. Why hasn't Matt tried to do something so Bane won't snore?
9. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
10. How has Russian changed during Viktor's lifetime?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)