|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
2. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
4. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(c) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(d) Dr. Henry Ogden.
5. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
2. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
3. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
4. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
2. Why does Matt believe that the sky divers anticipated an ambush?
3. What does Perry remember finding at the Russian ice base?
4. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
5. What is an ice island?
6. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
7. How did Belinda and Bennie meet?
8. Why and how does Jennifer Aratuk run her father's trapline?
9. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
10. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)