|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
2. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
3. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Georgia.
(b) University of Tennessee.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Ohio.
4. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 28.6 degrees.
(b) 35 degrees.
(c) 32 degrees.
(d) 26.4 degrees.
5. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
2. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
3. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
4. How old was Matt's son when he died?
5. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mikovsky thinking after the Polar Sentinel pings his sub?
2. How did Amanda lose her hearing?
3. What does Matt see as he and his group hunker down near the Sno-cat wreckage?
4. How is the code broken for the journals that Craig steals from the Ice Station?
5. Who is Sedna?
6. What type of a welcome do Jenny, Matt, and the others receive when they land at the place where they believe the drift station is?
7. What is on Level 4?
8. What is stored in the armory in the Ice Station?
9. Why is Matt shocked when he sees the pilot from the downed plane?
10. What does Jenny look like?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)