|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
2. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
3. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
4. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
5. What sport did Lacy Devlin participate in in the 2000 Olympics?
(b) Ice skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
2. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
3. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
4. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
5. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Arrigetch Peaks.
2. What are storms like at the polar ice cap?
3. What is the task of the crew on the USS Polar Sentinel?
4. Why was Craig sent to the drift station to do a story?
5. Describe the USS Polar Sentinel.
6. Describe the cabin that Matt helped to build and that Jenny and her father live in.
7. What is an ice island?
8. What is found by Henry Ogden in a tunnel in the Crawl Space?
9. What is the Continental Divide?
10. Where does Amanda find Lacy?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)