|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a weapon does Greer give Matt when they reach the Ice Station?
(a) H and K USP.
(c) 9mm Beretta.
(d) M11 9mm pistol.
2. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) In a short tunnel.
(b) Service Shed on Level 3.
(c) In a storage closet.
(d) A small ventilation shaft.
4. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
5. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
(a) About 10 feet.
(b) As high as the helicopter.
(c) As high as the Ice Station.
(d) About 6 feet.
6. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
(a) A half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
7. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 7 ft.
8. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
9. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Back and elbow.
(c) Shoulder and neck.
10. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
11. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
12. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
13. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
14. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(b) His wet clothes.
(c) A white parka and pants.
(d) Russian underway clothes.
15. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
2. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
3. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
4. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
5. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)