|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
2. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
3. Where does John have some frostbite?
4. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
(a) 45 degrees.
(b) 15 degrees.
(c) 50 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
5. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
6. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
(a) About 80 mph.
(b) Over 100 mph.
(c) 55 mph.
(d) 65 mph.
7. How old is the radioman on the Polar Sentinel?
8. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
(a) As high as the helicopter.
(b) About 10 feet.
(c) As high as the Ice Station.
(d) About 6 feet.
9. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Shoulder and neck.
(d) Back and elbow.
10. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
11. Who is Craig's demolition expert?
(a) Sergeant Bryson.
(b) Sergeant Conrad.
(c) Sergeant Roberts.
(d) Sergeant Whitcomb.
12. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
13. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
14. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 55 minutes.
(c) 70 minutes.
(d) 35 minutes.
15. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
Short Answer Questions
1. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
2. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
3. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
4. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
5. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)