|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
(b) Sound Garden.
(d) Linkin Park.
2. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
3. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
4. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Broken jaw.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken wrist.
5. How many of Sewell's men were killed when the Russians commandeered the base?
6. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
(a) Writes it down on a scrap of paper.
(b) Writes it on his hand.
(c) Records it on a digital recorder.
(d) Repeats it until he has it memorized.
7. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 500 feet.
(d) 200 feet.
8. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
9. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
10. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(b) 7 ft.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
11. What type of vehicles do the men arrive in who pick up Jenny and her father?
(d) Ice boats.
12. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
13. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
(a) As high as the helicopter.
(b) About 6 feet.
(c) As high as the Ice Station.
(d) About 10 feet.
14. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
15. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
(a) Control room for the station's sea gate.
(b) The main room for Grendel research.
(c) Hydraulics room.
(d) Electronics room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
2. What color are the diamond markings that Lacy made to mark her trail?
3. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
4. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)