|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) A foot.
(c) About 6 inches.
(d) A few inches.
2. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
3. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
4. How old was Jenny when she broke her leg and it had to be pinned back together?
5. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
(a) Incendiary grenade.
(b) Chemical grenade.
(c) Fragmentation grenade.
(d) Illuminating grenade.
6. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
(b) Submachine gun.
(c) Assault rifle.
7. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) Russian underway clothes.
(b) His wet clothes.
(c) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(d) A white parka and pants.
8. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) A rug.
(b) Dinner tray.
(c) Puddle of blood.
(d) Spot of ice.
9. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
(a) In a storage tunnel.
(b) In orange tents in a nearby valley.
(c) Under tarps by the polyna.
(d) In an ice cave.
10. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
11. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
12. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
13. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 7 ft.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 6 ft. 2 inc.
14. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
(a) Grizzly bear.
(b) Polar bear.
(c) Rag rug.
(d) Oriental rug.
15. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
2. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
3. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
4. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
5. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)