|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Shoulder and neck.
(c) Back and elbow.
2. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) Puddle of blood.
(b) Dinner tray.
(c) Spot of ice.
(d) A rug.
3. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
4. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
5. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) An ice pick.
(b) An ax.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A crow bar.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) In a storage closet.
(b) In a short tunnel.
(c) A small ventilation shaft.
(d) Service Shed on Level 3.
7. What do Matt, Bratt and the others hope to steal to make their escape from the Ice Station?
(a) Ice boat.
8. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
(a) 35 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 55 minutes.
(d) 70 minutes.
9. How long did the Russians tell Sewell and his staff that they would be kept under guard?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
10. Who previously inventoried the weapons on the ice station?
11. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
12. How long have the men on the Delta Force been stationed near the Omega Drift Station?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 16 hours.
13. What type of vehicles do the men arrive in who pick up Jenny and her father?
(a) Ice boats.
14. What is Craig's code name?
15. How many tanks are on Level 4?
(a) At least 50.
(c) At least 75.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
2. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
3. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
4. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
5. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)