|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
(a) 5 ft. high.
(b) 6 in. high.
(c) 10 ft. high.
(d) 36 in. high.
2. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
3. How old is the radioman on the Polar Sentinel?
4. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(a) More than 10.
(d) About 8.
5. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
(a) Over 100 mph.
(b) About 80 mph.
(c) 65 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
6. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) A foot.
(c) A few inches.
(d) About 6 inches.
7. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
8. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) Dinner tray.
(b) A rug.
(c) Puddle of blood.
(d) Spot of ice.
9. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
10. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 17 years.
11. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(b) San Pedro.
(c) San Diego.
12. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
13. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
(a) Tap on his muzzle.
(b) Hand signal.
(c) A sharp whispered command.
(d) By pulling his collar.
14. Who shoots the Russian soldier who is about to fire upon Matt in Chapter 15?
15. What color are the diamond markings that Lacy made to mark her trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
2. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
3. How many of Sewell's men were killed when the Russians commandeered the base?
4. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
5. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)