|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
(a) Henry Ogden.
(b) Erik Gustof.
(c) Lee Bentley.
(d) Oskar Willig.
2. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
3. What type of vehicles do the men arrive in who pick up Jenny and her father?
(a) Ice boats.
4. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(b) San Pedro.
(d) San Diego.
5. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
6. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) A rug.
(b) Dinner tray.
(c) Puddle of blood.
(d) Spot of ice.
7. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
(c) Linkin Park.
(d) Sound Garden.
8. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
9. Where does John have some frostbite?
10. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
(a) Steel hammer.
(b) Meat hooks.
(c) Bone saw
(d) Steel pipe.
11. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
12. How long did the Russians tell Sewell and his staff that they would be kept under guard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
13. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
14. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
(b) Submachine gun.
(c) Assault rifle.
15. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(b) Shoulder and neck.
(c) Back and elbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
2. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
3. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
4. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
5. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)