|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(b) A white parka and pants.
(c) His wet clothes.
(d) Russian underway clothes.
2. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
3. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
(a) Size of a cow.
(b) Size of an elephant.
(c) Size of a tire.
(d) Size of a car.
4. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
(a) 2nd level.
(b) 3rd level.
(c) 4th level.
(d) 1st level.
5. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
6. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(a) More than 10.
(d) About 8.
7. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A crow bar.
(c) An ax.
(d) An ice pick.
8. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
9. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
10. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) Puddle of blood.
(b) Spot of ice.
(c) Dinner tray.
(d) A rug.
11. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(a) Twin Huey.
(b) Pave Hawk.
12. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) In an office.
(b) A cell on Level 4.
(c) A small storage room.
(d) A room on Level 1.
13. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
14. How long did the Russians tell Sewell and his staff that they would be kept under guard?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
15. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
(a) Bone saw
(b) Steel hammer.
(c) Steel pipe.
(d) Meat hooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
2. Where does John have some frostbite?
3. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
4. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
5. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)