|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 35 minutes.
(c) 55 minutes.
(d) 70 minutes.
2. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
3. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
(a) 10 ft. high.
(b) 5 ft. high.
(c) 36 in. high.
(d) 6 in. high.
4. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
5. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
(a) 45 degrees.
(b) 50 degrees.
(c) 15 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
6. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
7. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
8. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Pedro.
9. What color are the diamond markings that Lacy made to mark her trail?
10. Who is Craig's demolition expert?
(a) Sergeant Bryson.
(b) Sergeant Roberts.
(c) Sergeant Conrad.
(d) Sergeant Whitcomb.
11. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
12. How long did the Russians tell Sewell and his staff that they would be kept under guard?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
13. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
(a) 500 feet.
(b) 200 feet.
(c) 400 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
14. Who previously inventoried the weapons on the ice station?
15. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two sailors use to cut through the insulation of one of the Jamesway huts to make a hole in the ceiling?
2. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
3. How old is the boy that Matt sees in one of the tanks?
4. What is Craig's code name?
5. How many tanks are on Level 4?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)