|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
(b) NASA station.
(d) Research shack.
2. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
3. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
4. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
5. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Pedro.
6. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A hammer.
(b) An ice pick.
(c) A crow bar.
(d) An ax.
7. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
(a) 52 knots.
(b) 35 knots.
(c) 25 knots.
(d) 42 knots
8. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
9. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
10. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
11. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
12. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
13. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
14. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
(a) Incendiary grenade.
(b) Illuminating grenade.
(c) Fragmentation grenade.
(d) Chemical grenade.
15. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
(a) Sound Garden.
(d) Linkin Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
2. What do Matt, Bratt and the others hope to steal to make their escape from the Ice Station?
3. Where is Viktor injured when Craig shoots Dr. Petkov?
4. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
5. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)