|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) A room on Level 1.
(b) A small storage room.
(c) In an office.
(d) A cell on Level 4.
2. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
3. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
4. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
5. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
6. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(a) Pave Hawk.
(c) Twin Huey.
7. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
8. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
9. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(c) More than 10.
(d) About 8.
10. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) In a storage closet.
(b) Service Shed on Level 3.
(c) In a short tunnel.
(d) A small ventilation shaft.
12. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
13. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
(a) An hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) A half an hour.
(d) 90 minutes.
14. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
(a) Over 100 mph.
(b) 65 mph.
(c) About 80 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
15. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
(a) A few inches.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) About 6 inches.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
2. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
3. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
4. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)