|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
(a) 4th level.
(b) 2nd level.
(c) 3rd level.
(d) 1st level.
2. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(b) 7 ft.
(c) 5 ft. 10 in.
(d) 6 ft.
3. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
4. How old is the radioman on the Polar Sentinel?
5. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
(a) 42 knots
(b) 35 knots.
(c) 52 knots.
(d) 25 knots.
6. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
(a) Repeats it until he has it memorized.
(b) Writes it on his hand.
(c) Writes it down on a scrap of paper.
(d) Records it on a digital recorder.
7. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(a) San Pedro.
(c) San Diego.
8. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
(b) Research shack.
(d) NASA station.
9. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(b) Pave Hawk.
(d) Twin Huey.
10. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) Service Shed on Level 3.
(b) A small ventilation shaft.
(c) In a short tunnel.
(d) In a storage closet.
12. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
13. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
14. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) An ax.
(c) A hammer.
(d) An ice pick.
15. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
2. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
3. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
4. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
5. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)