|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
2. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
3. What color is Captain First Rank Anton Mikovsky's underway uniform?
4. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Shoulder and neck.
(b) Back and elbow.
5. Where is there a weapons locker on the Ice Station?
(a) 2nd level.
(b) 1st level.
(c) 4th level.
(d) 3rd level.
6. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
(a) As high as the Ice Station.
(b) About 10 feet.
(c) As high as the helicopter.
(d) About 6 feet.
7. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
8. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 35 minutes.
(c) 70 minutes.
(d) 55 minutes.
9. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
(a) About 80 mph.
(b) Over 100 mph.
(c) 65 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
10. How long have the men on the Delta Force been stationed near the Omega Drift Station?
(a) 16 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 12 hours.
11. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) An ax.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) A hammer.
12. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
(a) Size of a car.
(b) Size of a tire.
(c) Size of an elephant.
(d) Size of a cow.
13. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) A room on Level 1.
(b) A small storage room.
(c) In an office.
(d) A cell on Level 4.
14. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(b) Pave Hawk.
(c) Twin Huey.
15. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
2. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
3. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
4. As they flee Level 4, what is Matt carrying for a weapon?
5. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)