|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
(a) Fragmentation grenade.
(b) Chemical grenade.
(c) Illuminating grenade.
(d) Incendiary grenade.
2. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
(a) 52 knots.
(b) 42 knots
(c) 25 knots.
(d) 35 knots.
3. How does Craig remember the abort code Viktor gives him?
(a) Records it on a digital recorder.
(b) Writes it on his hand.
(c) Writes it down on a scrap of paper.
(d) Repeats it until he has it memorized.
4. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
5. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A half an hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
6. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
7. How old was Jenny when she broke her leg and it had to be pinned back together?
8. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(b) About 8.
(c) More than 10.
9. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
10. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(b) Pave Hawk.
(c) Twin Huey.
11. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
12. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
13. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
(a) By pulling his collar.
(b) A sharp whispered command.
(c) Tap on his muzzle.
(d) Hand signal.
14. How many homemade Molotovs do Craig and the others have when they join Jenny's group?
15. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
2. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
4. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
5. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)