|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(b) A white parka and pants.
(c) His wet clothes.
(d) Russian underway clothes.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) In a short tunnel.
(b) In a storage closet.
(c) Service Shed on Level 3.
(d) A small ventilation shaft.
3. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
(a) Oskar Willig.
(b) Erik Gustof.
(c) Lee Bentley.
(d) Henry Ogden.
4. What does Jenny ride in with Craig back to the Ice Station when it is discovered that Craig needs additional journals?
(a) Twin Huey.
(d) Pave Hawk.
5. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(a) Back and elbow.
(c) Shoulder and neck.
6. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Broken wrist.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken nose.
7. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
8. How fast is the Polar Sentinel going as it heads back to the Ice Station in Chapter 12? .
(a) 35 knots.
(b) 25 knots.
(c) 52 knots.
(d) 42 knots
9. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
(b) More than 10.
(d) About 8.
10. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
11. Who escapes with Jenny from Omega?
12. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
13. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
14. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
(a) About 6 inches.
(b) A foot.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) A few inches.
15. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
(a) Under tarps by the polyna.
(b) In a storage tunnel.
(c) In an ice cave.
(d) In orange tents in a nearby valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
2. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
3. How many of Sewell's men were killed when the Russians commandeered the base?
4. How many homemade Molotovs do Craig and the others have when they join Jenny's group?
5. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)