|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the demolition expert reports on what he has discovered about the nuclear device, how long do they have before the device will go off?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 70 minutes.
(c) 35 minutes.
(d) 55 minutes.
2. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
3. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
4. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
5. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
6. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
7. How old is the Russian soldier that a pair of Delta Force team members capture?
8. What does Amanda find near Connor's body that she might be able to use as a weapon?
(c) Ice ax.
(d) Ice pick.
9. What is Craig's code name?
10. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
(a) Submachine gun.
(d) Assault rifle.
11. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) A cell on Level 4.
(b) A small storage room.
(c) A room on Level 1.
(d) In an office.
12. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
(a) Like a tree in a storm.
(b) Like road kill.
(c) Like a car hit by a semi.
(d) Like a squashed bug.
13. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
(a) Oriental rug.
(b) Polar bear.
(c) Rag rug.
(d) Grizzly bear.
14. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 15 degrees.
(c) 50 degrees.
(d) 45 degrees.
15. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
2. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
3. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
4. Where had Bratt worked one summer at a fish plant?
5. How many sentinels does Dr. Ogden believe stay awake when the other grendels hibernate?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)