|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
(a) Henry Ogden.
(b) Lee Bentley.
(c) Erik Gustof.
(d) Oskar Willig.
2. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A hammer.
(b) An ax.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) A crow bar.
3. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
(a) Electronics room.
(b) The main room for Grendel research.
(c) Hydraulics room.
(d) Control room for the station's sea gate.
4. Where does John have some frostbite?
5. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
6. What is Craig's code name?
7. Who falls through the ice as Craig's group flees the Ice Station and the grendels?
8. In Chapter 14, how does Jenny get Bane to stop barking?
(a) Hand signal.
(b) By pulling his collar.
(c) A sharp whispered command.
(d) Tap on his muzzle.
9. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
10. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
11. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
12. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 12 feet.
13. What is the Inuit word for "follow me"?
14. How old is the boy that Matt sees in one of the tanks?
15. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
Short Answer Questions
1. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
2. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
3. How old is the radioman on the Polar Sentinel?
4. When Jenny reaches her plane, how much warmer does the cabin seem than outdoors?
5. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)