|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many feet of water cushions the Polar Sentinel when Omega station blows up?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 500 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 200 feet.
2. How tall is the Russian soldier that Matt runs into as he recons Level 1 and determines how many hostiles stand between his group and freedom?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 inc.
(c) 7 ft.
(d) 6 ft.
3. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) A room on Level 1.
(b) A small storage room.
(c) A cell on Level 4.
(d) In an office.
4. When Tom announces that he Jenny, Bane, and Kowalski have about another hundred yards to go, how long have they been crawling toward the ice station?
(a) An hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) A half an hour.
5. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
6. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
(a) Like road kill.
(b) Like a tree in a storm.
(c) Like a car hit by a semi.
(d) Like a squashed bug.
7. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
8. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) An ax.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) A hammer.
9. What size groups go up the ventilation shaft after Jenny sends a rope down?
10. When did the U.S. Arctic steamer "Jeannette" become trapped in the polar ice cap?
11. How large is the boulder that lands in front of the ice boat as Amanda, Jenny, and Craig flee?
(a) Size of a cow.
(b) Size of a tire.
(c) Size of an elephant.
(d) Size of a car.
12. What band is playing on a CD to mask the sound of Jenny's escape from Omega base?
(a) Sound Garden.
(d) Linkin Park.
13. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
14. How many men are on the Delta Force team near the Omega Drift Station?
15. Which of the survivors who is imprisoned with Matt when he regains consciousness is able to understand some Russian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
2. How many of Craig's men are killed when Viktor sets off an explosion at the entrance of the Ice Station?
3. Who is Craig's demolition expert?
4. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
5. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)