|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the rope that Amanda climbs as she scales the ice cliff in Chapter 9?
2. When a second Russian soldier tries to fire upon Matt and his group, where is the man shot?
(b) Shoulder and neck.
(d) Back and elbow.
3. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
4. What do two sailors use to cut through the insulation of one of the Jamesway huts to make a hole in the ceiling?
(a) Plastic knives.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A slat from a window blind.
(d) A piece of wire.
5. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
6. How old was Jenny when she broke her leg and it had to be pinned back together?
7. What abort code does Viktor give Craig?
8. How old is the radioman on the Polar Sentinel?
9. What is Craig's code name?
10. How long have the men on the Delta Force been stationed near the Omega Drift Station?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 16 hours.
11. Who left schematics of the Ice Station for Bratt to use?
(a) Henry Ogden.
(b) Lee Bentley.
(c) Oskar Willig.
(d) Erik Gustof.
12. What causes Washburn to slip and fall when she and the others move to kill the guards left behind when the fuses are blown for some of the generators?
(a) A rug.
(b) Spot of ice.
(c) Dinner tray.
(d) Puddle of blood.
13. What object had Matt grabbed from a severed hand in the ice station that he uses to fight off the grendels when he's trapped under the ice?
(a) Fragmentation grenade.
(b) Chemical grenade.
(c) Illuminating grenade.
(d) Incendiary grenade.
14. What type of a weapon does Matt carry when he pushes through the galley doors and enters the main station disguised in a Russian parka?
(b) Assault rifle.
(c) Submachine gun.
15. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) His wet clothes.
(b) A white parka and pants.
(c) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(d) Russian underway clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are corpses from the Ice Station kept?
2. In Chapter 15, what color is the rope that Jenny sends down the ventilation shaft?
3. When Jenny, Craig, and the rest of the group come to a black chute that is too steep to climb with boots and hands, who climbs it with steel crampons?
4. How high do the flames reach when Omega is blown up?
5. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)