|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians, where is he?
(a) A small storage room.
(b) A cell on Level 4.
(c) In an office.
(d) A room on Level 1.
2. What type of wood is the furniture made from in the office where Viktor questions Matt?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, where do Matt and the others taken refuge after fleeing from Level 4?
(a) A small ventilation shaft.
(b) In a short tunnel.
(c) In a storage closet.
(d) Service Shed on Level 3.
4. What color are the diamond markings that Lacy made to mark her trail?
5. After being interrogated by the Russians, what injury did a lieutenant have?
(a) Black eye.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Broken jaw.
(d) Broken wrist.
6. Where is Admiral Reynolds stationed?
7. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
8. What analogy is used to describe how a Russian soldier is killed when Craig and the Delta Force land at the Ice Station?
(a) Like road kill.
(b) Like a car hit by a semi.
(c) Like a squashed bug.
(d) Like a tree in a storm.
9. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
10. How many black men with syphilis were unwitting research subjects?
11. What is the name of the Inuit boy revived from Level 4?
12. What does Amanda yell they need when the ice break on the ice boat is damaged?
(a) An ice pick.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A crow bar.
(d) An ax.
13. What do Matt, Bratt and the others hope to steal to make their escape from the Ice Station?
(d) Ice boat.
14. How long have the men on the Delta Force been stationed near the Omega Drift Station?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 16 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 2 days.
15. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
2. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
3. What type of a rug is on the floor of the room where Matt is taken to speak with Viktor?
4. What is the top speed that the ice boat attains when Amanda, Jenny, and Craig try to escape the Russian and grendels?
5. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)