|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the room where Craig and the others go to hide in Chapter 13?
(a) Control room for the station's sea gate.
(b) Hydraulics room.
(c) Electronics room.
(d) The main room for Grendel research.
2. What is Matt wearing when he regains consciousness after being captured by the Russians?
(a) His wet clothes.
(b) What remains of the uniform he stole.
(c) A white parka and pants.
(d) Russian underway clothes.
3. How many years was the Ice Station operational?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. In Chapter 8, how many inches of ice cover the skylight?
5. What do Matt, Bratt and the others hope to steal to make their escape from the Ice Station?
(d) Ice boat.
6. How close did the beast get to Amanda's hiding place in Chapter 9, before it turned away?
(a) A foot.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) About 6 inches.
(d) A few inches.
7. How many homemade Molotovs do Craig and the others have when they join Jenny's group?
8. What does the living Grendel measure from muzzle to tail?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
9. In Chapter 10, where did the Russians find a seaman hiding?
(c) NASA station.
(d) Research shack.
10. How old is the student that comes running to tell Dr. Ogden that the creatures seem to be moving?
11. What do two sailors use to cut through the insulation of one of the Jamesway huts to make a hole in the ceiling?
(a) A piece of wire.
(b) A slat from a window blind.
(c) Plastic knives.
(d) A piece of wood.
12. How many minutes does the Polar Sentinel have to spend looking for the man-made polynya as they prepare head to evacuate the Ice Station?
13. When was the "Jeannette" crushed by ice floes?
14. During what years were the Russians conducting experiments at the Ice Station?
15. Where does Craig order his team to stand down when he and a few of his men are trapped inside the Ice Station?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does Tom remember from his grandfather's stories?
2. What color are the lights that circle the titanium sphere?
3. In Chapter 13, how high are the giant brass wheels in the room where Craig and the others go to hide?
4. Who is Captain Mikovsky's XO?
5. How many Russians does an American seaman believe there are?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)