|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
(a) 6 months ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 3 months ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
2. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 28.6 degrees.
(b) 35 degrees.
(c) 32 degrees.
(d) 26.4 degrees.
3. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
4. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(a) Camden Bay.
(b) Natuakruk Lake.
6. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 5 ft. 2 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 in.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
7. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 400 ft.
(b) 200 ft.
(c) 300 ft.
(d) 100 ft.
8. In Chapter 4, what empty box does Amanda see as she goes into the Crawl Space with Henry Ogden?
(a) Oreo cookie.
(b) Cheerios cereal.
(c) Earl Grey Tea.
(d) Hostess Ding Dong.
9. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 7 in.
(b) 5 ft. 1 in.
(c) 5 ft. 10 in.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
10. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
11. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
12. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
13. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
14. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 600 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
15. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
2. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
3. What is John's full Inuit name?
4. What sport did Lacy Devlin participate in in the 2000 Olympics?
5. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)