|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
2. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 1:15 a.m.
(b) 10:03 p.m.
(c) 12:11 a.m.
(d) 11:54 p.m.
3. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 300 ft.
(b) 200 ft.
(c) 400 ft.
(d) 100 ft.
4. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
5. How old is Viktor?
6. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
7. How did Viktor's mother die?
(c) Firing Squad.
8. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Pakistan and China.
(b) Norway and Sweden.
(c) Canada and Greenland.
(d) Vietnam and Thailand.
9. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
10. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
(a) 3 months ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 6 months ago.
11. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(c) Dr. Henry Ogden.
(d) Dr. Lee Bentley.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
13. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(c) He did not win it.
14. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
15. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 6 ft. 2 in.
(b) 6 ft.
(c) 5 ft. 10 in.
(d) 5 ft. 2 in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
2. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
3. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
5. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)