|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 550 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
2. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Canada and Greenland.
(b) Vietnam and Thailand.
(c) Norway and Sweden.
(d) Pakistan and China.
3. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
5. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
6. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(c) Natuakruk Lake.
(d) Camden Bay.
7. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
8. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
(a) Green Berets.
(c) Navy Seals.
9. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
(a) Notes from Underground.
(b) Crime and Punishment.
(c) House of the Dead.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
10. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
(a) 6 miles.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 32 minutes.
11. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 200 ft.
(b) 400 ft.
(c) 100 ft.
(d) 300 ft.
12. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
(a) Bear Paw.
(b) Green Mountain.
13. Where is Dr. Willig from?
14. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
15. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $90 billion.
(c) $55 million.
(d) $75 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
2. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
3. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
4. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
5. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)