|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
2. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 45 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 65 years.
3. How old was Matt's son when he died?
4. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Pakistan and China.
(b) Vietnam and Thailand.
(c) Norway and Sweden.
(d) Canada and Greenland.
5. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
7. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
(a) Rushing Wind.
(b) Twin Squirrel.
(c) Twin Otter.
(d) Little Bird.
8. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
9. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
11. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(b) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(c) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(d) Dr. Henry Ogden.
12. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
13. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 6 ft.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 6 ft. 2 in.
(d) 5 ft. 2 in.
14. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(b) Saint Elias.
15. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 500 feet.
(b) 600 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 400 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
2. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
3. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
4. What is the name of Matt's horse?
5. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)