|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
(c) Spirit lights.
2. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 45,000 years.
(b) 75,000 years.
(c) 12,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
3. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
4. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
5. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
6. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 years.
7. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
8. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) House of the Dead.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) Notes from Underground.
9. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
10. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
11. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $90 billion.
(b) $75 billion.
(c) $100 billion.
(d) $55 million.
12. What is John's full Inuit name?
13. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
14. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
15. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 750 miles.
(c) 1,000 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
2. How old was Matt's son when he died?
3. How did Viktor's mother die?
4. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
5. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)