|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(c) Saint Elias.
2. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(c) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(d) Dr. Henry Ogden.
3. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $75 billion.
(b) $90 billion.
(c) $55 million.
(d) $100 billion.
4. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
5. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 75,000 years.
(b) 12,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 45,000 years.
6. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 25 ft.
(c) 15 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
7. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
8. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
9. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
10. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
11. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
(a) Repeated ear infections.
(b) The result of a childhood disease.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) A birth defect.
12. How old is Viktor?
13. How many years was Matt in the military?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
14. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
15. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
3. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
4. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
5. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)