|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
2. Where is Dr. Willig from?
3. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
4. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
5. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 25 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
6. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(a) Natuakruk Lake.
(c) Camden Bay.
8. What is John's full Inuit name?
9. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
10. How long has Matt Pike been divorced?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
11. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
12. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
13. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(a) He did not win it.
14. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(c) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(d) Dr. Henry Ogden.
15. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
2. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
3. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
4. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
5. How did Viktor's mother die?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)