|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
(a) Tanana Valley.
(b) Alatna Valley.
(c) Mendenhall Valley.
(d) Sarana Valley.
2. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
3. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 100 ft.
(b) 200 ft.
(c) 400 ft.
(d) 300 ft.
4. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
5. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
6. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. After Project Shockwave was completed, how long did Viktor hold off implementing his plan for revenge?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
8. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
10. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 10:03 p.m.
(b) 12:11 a.m.
(c) 11:54 p.m.
(d) 1:15 a.m.
11. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
12. What sport did Lacy Devlin participate in in the 2000 Olympics?
(a) Ice skating.
13. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
(a) Green Berets.
(d) Navy Seals.
14. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 36 million years ago.
(b) 12 million years ago.
(c) 8 million years ago.
(d) 100 million years ago.
15. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 550 miles.
(c) 250 miles.
(d) 400 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
2. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
3. How old is Viktor?
4. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
5. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)