|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 500 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 600 feet.
(d) 400 feet.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
3. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
4. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
5. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(a) Saint Elias.
6. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
7. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1/2 mile.
8. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
9. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 800 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
10. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
11. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 2 years.
12. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
13. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
(b) Spirit lights.
14. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
15. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
2. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
3. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
5. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)