|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 6 ft. 1 in.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 5 ft. 7 in.
(d) 5 ft. 1 in.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
(a) 4 meters.
(b) 2 meters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 3 meters.
3. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
4. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Georgia.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Ohio.
(d) University of Tennessee.
5. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
6. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
7. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
(d) Spirit lights.
8. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
9. How old is Viktor?
10. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
11. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
12. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
13. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
14. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
2. How tall is Captain Perry?
3. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
5. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)