|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
(a) About 55 mph.
(b) More than 70 mph.
(c) Around 90 mph.
(d) Over 85 mph.
2. What are Matt, Jenny, Craig, and John offered when they are taken from the plane to the mess hall?
3. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 32 minutes.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
4. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
5. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
6. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 28.6 degrees.
(b) 26.4 degrees.
(c) 35 degrees.
(d) 32 degrees.
7. How did Viktor's mother die?
(a) Firing Squad.
8. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
9. What is John's full Inuit name?
10. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 11:54 p.m.
(b) 10:03 p.m.
(c) 1:15 a.m.
(d) 12:11 a.m.
11. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 550 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
12. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
14. What book is Viktor Petkov reading in Chapter 3?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) House of the Dead.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Notes from Underground.
15. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
2. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
3. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
4. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
5. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)