|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
2. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
3. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 750 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 800 miles.
(d) 1,000 miles.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
5. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
(a) 30 ft.
(b) 15 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 25 ft.
6. How many years was Matt in the military?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
7. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
(a) 5 ft.
(b) 20 ft.
(c) 15 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
8. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
9. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
(a) Vietnam and Thailand.
(b) Canada and Greenland.
(c) Norway and Sweden.
(d) Pakistan and China.
10. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
11. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
12. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
(a) 45 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 65 years.
13. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $75 billion.
(c) $55 million.
(d) $90 billion.
14. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
15. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Henry Ogden.
(c) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(d) Dr. Erik Gustof.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
2. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
3. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
4. What type of tree branch splinters when a sky diver aims at Matt while he crouches in ambush?
5. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)