|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
2. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
3. What is the name of Matt's horse?
4. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) Parkinson's disease.
(d) Hodgkin's disease.
5. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 35 degrees.
(b) 26.4 degrees.
(c) 32 degrees.
(d) 28.6 degrees.
6. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
(b) Camden Bay.
(c) Natuakruk Lake.
7. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 1 in.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 5 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
8. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
9. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
10. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
11. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
12. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 12 million years ago.
(b) 36 million years ago.
(c) 8 million years ago.
(d) 100 million years ago.
13. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $55 million.
(c) $75 billion.
(d) $90 billion.
14. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
(a) ¼ mile.
(b) 1/3 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
15. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Inuit call the Aurora Borealis?
2. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
3. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
4. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
5. The submarine finds a very large ice island; what does the crew compare the island to?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)