|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Viktor's mother die?
(c) Firing Squad.
2. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
3. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
(a) Dr. Connor MacFerran.
(b) Dr. Lee Bentley.
(c) Dr. Erik Gustof.
(d) Dr. Henry Ogden.
4. What does the word "Drakon" mean?
5. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 750 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 1,000 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
6. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
7. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
8. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 45,000 years.
(b) 12,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 75,000 years.
9. Where is Dr. Willig from?
10. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 35 degrees.
(b) 28.6 degrees.
(c) 26.4 degrees.
(d) 32 degrees.
11. Where did Matt used to go deer hunting with his father?
12. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
13. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
14. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(a) He did not win it.
15. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) University of Tennessee.
(d) University of Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
3. What is the name of Matt's horse?
4. What branch of service had Matt Pike served in?
5. How tall is Lee Bently?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)