|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 1 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 5 ft. 10 in.
(d) 5 ft. 7 in.
2. How much time does Jennifer spend yearly checking her father's traps?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
3. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. What year did a submarine first cross the Arctic Ocean and pass under the North Pole?
5. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 550 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
6. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(c) Hodgkin's disease.
7. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 32 minutes.
(d) 6 miles.
8. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
9. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
10. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
11. As Matt waits to ambush the sky divers, where does he remember being holed up in a mortar-based building?
12. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
13. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
14. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 800 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 1,000 miles.
15. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 in.
(c) 5 ft. 2 in.
(d) 6 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger is Belinda than her husband Bennie?
2. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
3. In 1997, what was the cost to the world when El Nino occurred?
4. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
5. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)