|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
(a) 2 meters.
(b) 4 meters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 3 meters.
3. How old is Viktor?
4. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
5. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 26.4 degrees.
(b) 32 degrees.
(c) 28.6 degrees.
(d) 35 degrees.
6. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
(a) Rushing Wind.
(b) Twin Squirrel.
(c) Twin Otter.
(d) Little Bird.
7. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(d) He did not win it.
8. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
(a) Tanana Valley.
(b) Mendenhall Valley.
(c) Alatna Valley.
(d) Sarana Valley.
9. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 600 feet.
(b) 400 feet.
(c) 500 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
10. How many levels are there in Ice Station Grendel?
11. Where is Dr. Willig from?
12. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 32 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 6 miles.
13. What color parkas do the men wear who escort Jenny, Matt, John, and Craig off the plane?
14. How tall is Captain Perry?
(a) 6 ft. 2 in.
(b) 5 ft. 10 in.
(c) 5 ft. 2 in.
(d) 6 ft.
15. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(d) Saint Elias.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Matt's horse?
2. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
3. When did Snow Eagle place third in the Iditarod?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
5. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)