|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
(a) About 55 mph.
(b) Around 90 mph.
(c) Over 85 mph.
(d) More than 70 mph.
3. How long has it been since Jennifer and Matt divorced?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. How tall is Lee Bently?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 5 ft. 1 in.
(d) 5 ft. 7 in.
5. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
6. How old is Dr. Henry Ogden?
7. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 100 ft.
(b) 400 ft.
(c) 200 ft.
(d) 300 ft.
8. How many dogs does Jennifer use on her sled when she checks her father's trapline?
9. What is John's full Inuit name?
10. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
11. What type of stock is on Matt's rifle?
(b) Black walnut.
(c) Red Cherry.
12. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
(b) University of Georgia.
(c) University of Ohio.
(d) University of Iowa.
13. How old was Matt's son when he died?
14. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
(c) Bear Paw.
(d) Green Mountain.
15. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 600 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 400 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
2. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
3. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
4. What is the name of the sky diver that Matt killed?
5. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)