|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Project Shockwave was completed, how long did Viktor hold off implementing his plan for revenge?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. Where did Lacy Devlin attend graduate school?
3. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many more sunrises does Matt expect to see before the sun will stay in the sky and not set?
5. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
6. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(a) Saint Elias.
7. How did Amanda Reynolds lose her hearing?
(a) The result of a childhood disease.
(b) Repeated ear infections.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) A birth defect.
8. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 600 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
9. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 50,000 years.
(b) 45,000 years.
(c) 12,000 years.
(d) 75,000 years.
10. What is the name of Matt's horse?
11. How far does Lacy fall when she is fleeing from the creature?
(a) 30 ft.
(b) 15 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 25 ft.
12. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 12:11 a.m.
(b) 1:15 a.m.
(c) 11:54 p.m.
(d) 10:03 p.m.
13. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
14. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 8 million years ago.
(b) 36 million years ago.
(c) 100 million years ago.
(d) 12 million years ago.
15. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 550 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
2. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
3. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
4. How old is Viktor?
5. Where does Jenny's father suggest they go when they cannot land at Prudhoe Bay?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)