|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's full Inuit name?
2. How did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(c) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
3. What nickname is given to the class of submarine that the USS Polar Sentinel belongs to?
4. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
5. How far is the USS Polar Sentinel from Prudhoe Bay in Chapter 5?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 550 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
6. How far does the waterfall drop that Jenny flies over as she tries to fly away from the plane that is shooting at them?
(a) 300 ft.
(b) 200 ft.
(c) 100 ft.
(d) 400 ft.
7. At what temperature does seawater freeze?
(a) 26.4 degrees.
(b) 28.6 degrees.
(c) 32 degrees.
(d) 35 degrees.
8. What time does Matt hear the screams of the sky diver who is killed by grizzlies?
(a) 12:11 a.m.
(b) 11:54 p.m.
(c) 1:15 a.m.
(d) 10:03 p.m.
9. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
10. How old is the ensign who agrees to look after Bane while Matt, Jenny, John, and Craig go to the Ice Station?
11. How old is Viktor?
12. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 400 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
13. How did Viktor's mother die?
(b) Firing Squad.
14. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
15. What color is the sail on Amanda's ice boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Matt's son when he died?
2. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
3. When the Omega station is fired upon, how many minutes is the Sentinel from the ice station?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many fathoms is the USS Polar Sentinel under the polar ice cap?
5. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)