|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Matt's camp from the waterfall where he shoots one of the sky divers?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 4 miles.
2. What type of animal is trying to steal Jennifer's marten in her father's trap?
3. What is the name of Matt's horse?
4. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
(a) 45,000 years.
(b) 12,000 years.
(c) 75,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how far is the Drakon from the surface?
(a) 2 meters.
(b) 3 meters.
(c) 4 meters.
(d) 1 meter.
6. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 12 million years ago.
(b) 8 million years ago.
(c) 36 million years ago.
(d) 100 million years ago.
7. How long ago did Dr. Willig's wife die?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 years.
8. What type of plane does Matt Pike see and then hear as it crashes?
9. What was the name of Dr. Willig's wife?
10. How old was Viktor when his mother died?
11. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 5 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
12. How far is Prudhoe Bay from Jenny's cabin?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 400 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
13. How much time does Perry want to allow to evacuate the ice station?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
14. What valley does Jenny fly toward after aiming away from the cliff face when she is being pursued and shot at?
(a) Alatna Valley.
(b) Tanana Valley.
(c) Mendenhall Valley.
(d) Sarana Valley.
15. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jenny's plane?
2. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
3. With whom is Lacy Devlin having an affair?
4. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
5. What submarine did Captain Perry's father serve aboard?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)