|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Viktor's mother die?
(c) Firing Squad.
2. When did Belinda and Bennie lose a child?
(a) 6 months ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 3 months ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
3. Into which mountains does Jennyfly into elude the plane that is pursuing her?
(b) Saint Elias.
4. For how many months does the sun not set over the polar ice cap?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. How many titanium cases does Viktor have with him on the submarine?
6. In Chapter 4, what empty box does Amanda see as she goes into the Crawl Space with Henry Ogden?
(a) Oreo cookie.
(b) Cheerios cereal.
(c) Earl Grey Tea.
(d) Hostess Ding Dong.
7. How many samples does Connor MacFerran want to core in Chapter 6?
8. How long has Viktor waited to avenge his father's death?
(a) 45 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 65 years.
9. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 15 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
10. How many years was Matt in the military?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 7 years.
11. If the ice found atop Greenland and the continent of Antarctica melted, how high might the world's oceans rise?
(a) 400 feet.
(b) 500 feet.
(c) 600 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
12. When did Dr. Willig win the Nobel prize?
(c) He did not win it.
13. What type of snowshoes does Jennifer wear?
(b) Green Mountain.
(c) Bear Paw.
14. What type of stock is on Matt's rifle?
(a) Black walnut.
(d) Red Cherry.
15. How many divers does it take to secure each of the titanium spheres in place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, at what speed are winds registering as the storm approaches the ice station?
2. Where does Henry Ogden tell Amanda that specimens of the walking whale have been found before?
3. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
4. How many men arrive on snowmobiles when Jenny lands the plane at the polar ice cap?
5. How old is Viktor?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)