|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two: Fire And Ice: Chapter Five: Slippery Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generators have been preserved at the old Russian ice station?
2. When is it believed that the walking whale died out?
(a) 100 million years ago.
(b) 12 million years ago.
(c) 36 million years ago.
(d) 8 million years ago.
3. Where did Matt go to college?
(a) University of Georgia.
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) University of Tennessee.
(d) University of Iowa.
4. How far is the Omega Drift Station from the shore of the polynya?
(a) ¼ mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) 1/3 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
5. Who is snoring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the Trans-Alaska Pipeline run from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez?
2. What is the average thickness of the polar ice cap where the USS Polar Sentinel is patrolling?
3. Where is Dr. Willig from?
4. How many miles a day does the station drift with the polar current?
5. According to MacFerran, how old is the ice at the level where the walking whale was found?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)