|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
2. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
3. The Prado is a famous:
4. The Catalan separatists want all but the following:
5. The saint worshiped at Avila is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
2. What is the Day of St. James?
3. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
4. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
5. What is Pamplona famous for?
6. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
7. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
8. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
9. Where does the world Iberia come from?
10. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Spanish Civil War. Who was fighting who and why? Why did the war attract volunteers from around the world? What was the Abraham Lincoln Brigade?
Essay Topic 2
Under the Franco dictatorship, the press and writers were subject to censorship. Describe the nature of this censorship. What was its purpose? Do you think it was healthy for the public? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)