|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
2. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
3. Michener had first visited Teruel:
4. What is the major feast in Santiago de Compostella?
5. Michener travels to Alcala de Henares to visit:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pamplona famous for?
2. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
3. What is the Day of St. James?
4. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
5. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
6. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
7. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
8. What is the sardona?
9. Where does the world Iberia come from?
10. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 2
Franco established a right wing dictatorship after winning the Spanish Civil War. Discuss the Franco dictatorship. What did the terms red and white refer to after the establishment of the dictatorship? Were they distortions? Why does a dictatorship have to lie to its people?
Essay Topic 3
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)