|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Entremeses are:
2. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
3. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
4. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
5. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
2. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
3. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
4. What is the Black Legend?
5. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
6. What is the Day of St. James?
7. What is Pamplona famous for?
8. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
9. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
10. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
Essay Topic 2
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
Essay Topic 3
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)