|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
2. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
3. The wealthiest shrine in Christendom is at:
4. What is significant about Estrella?
5. The tertulia is a:
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
2. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
3. What is the sardona?
4. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
5. What is the Day of St. James?
6. Where does the world Iberia come from?
7. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
8. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
9. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
10. What is the cuadrilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 2
Franco established a right wing dictatorship after winning the Spanish Civil War. Discuss the Franco dictatorship. What did the terms red and white refer to after the establishment of the dictatorship? Were they distortions? Why does a dictatorship have to lie to its people?
Essay Topic 3
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)