|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling from town to town, Michener is tracing the history of:
2. Which of the following was not true of Gibraltar:
3. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
4. The patron saint of Spain is:
5. What is a famous wine of the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the world Iberia come from?
2. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
3. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
4. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
5. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
6. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
7. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
8. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
9. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
10. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 2
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Way of St. James? What is the history associated with it and why is it significant? What is the Day of St. James and where is it celebrated?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)