|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
2. The large pedestrian promenade with kiosks is:
3. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
4. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
5. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Way of St. James?
2. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
3. What is Pamplona famous for?
4. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
5. What is the Day of St. James?
6. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
7. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
8. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
9. What is the cuadrilla?
10. What is the Black Legend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
Essay Topic 2
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
Essay Topic 3
Franco established a right wing dictatorship after winning the Spanish Civil War. Discuss the Franco dictatorship. What did the terms red and white refer to after the establishment of the dictatorship? Were they distortions? Why does a dictatorship have to lie to its people?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)