|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sport of bullfighting is subject to:
2. Who were the Suecas?
3. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
4. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
5. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sardona?
2. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
3. Where does the world Iberia come from?
4. What is the Black Legend?
5. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
6. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
7. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
8. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
9. What is a tapas bar?
10. What is Pamplona famous for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
Essay Topic 2
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Spanish Civil War. Who was fighting who and why? Why did the war attract volunteers from around the world? What was the Abraham Lincoln Brigade?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)