|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
2. The bulls run each day for:
3. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
4. Pamplona is preparing for the yearly feast of:
5. Along the route is the shrine to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
2. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
3. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
4. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
5. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
6. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
7. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
8. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
9. Where does the world Iberia come from?
10. What is the Day of St. James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Way of St. James? What is the history associated with it and why is it significant? What is the Day of St. James and where is it celebrated?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Spanish Civil War. Who was fighting who and why? Why did the war attract volunteers from around the world? What was the Abraham Lincoln Brigade?
Essay Topic 3
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)