Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Michener learn the history of Castielfabib?
2. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
3. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
4. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
5. What is the name of the square that Michener feels is the finest in Spain and one of the best in the world?
Essay Topic 1
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
Essay Topic 2
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
Essay Topic 3
Michener describes himself as a tourist in Spain and says that the experiences he had in Spain are available to any intelligent traveler. Do you agree with him? What is required to have the experience that Michener had? Do you think the fact that he is a famous writer helps?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)