|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
2. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
3. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
4. The large pedestrian promenade with kiosks is:
5. From whom does Michener learn the history of Castielfabib?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
2. What is Pamplona famous for?
3. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
4. What is a tapas bar?
5. What is the sardona?
6. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
7. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
8. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
9. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
10. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is there so much Islamic history in Spain? How did the Muslims come to be in Spain? When were they expelled from Spain and why?
Essay Topic 2
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
Essay Topic 3
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)