|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
2. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
3. According to Michener, the men from Andalucia who migrate to Barcelona stay there because:
4. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
5. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
2. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
3. What is Pamplona famous for?
4. Where does the world Iberia come from?
5. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
6. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
7. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
8. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
9. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
10. What is the Day of St. James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
Essay Topic 2
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)