Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Michener learn the history of Castielfabib?
2. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
3. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
4. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
5. What is the name of the square that Michener feels is the finest in Spain and one of the best in the world?
Essay Topic 1
What was Michener's purpose for writing the book? Why did he avoid the opinions of travelers who had visited Spain? Do you think this was wise? Do you think that Michener accomplished his objective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
Essay Topic 3
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)