|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
2. John Moore was an English general in the war against:
3. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
4. Michener found Madrid newspapers to:
5. Michener had first been to Madrid in:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the world Iberia come from?
2. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
3. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
4. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
5. What is the cuadrilla?
6. What is Pamplona famous for?
7. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
8. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
9. What is the Day of St. James?
10. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 2
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There is a strong separatism movement in Spain in Catalonia, especially in the Basque region. Explain what separatism is. What is it that the Catalan separatists want? What are the effects of separatism?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)