|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
2. Michener had first been to Madrid in:
3. Who shows Michener around Teruel?
4. The saint worshiped at Avila is:
5. The bulls run a distance of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Way of St. James?
2. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
3. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
4. What is Pamplona famous for?
5. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
6. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. What is the Black Legend?
9. What is a tapas bar?
10. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is there so much Islamic history in Spain? How did the Muslims come to be in Spain? When were they expelled from Spain and why?
Essay Topic 2
Michener describes himself as a tourist in Spain and says that the experiences he had in Spain are available to any intelligent traveler. Do you agree with him? What is required to have the experience that Michener had? Do you think the fact that he is a famous writer helps?
Essay Topic 3
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)