|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bulls run each day for:
2. The architecture of Northern Spain is:
3. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
4. Pamplona is preparing for the yearly feast of:
5. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cuadrilla?
2. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
3. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
4. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
5. What is the Black Legend?
6. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
7. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
8. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
9. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
10. What is Pamplona famous for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
Essay Topic 2
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Spanish Civil War. Who was fighting who and why? Why did the war attract volunteers from around the world? What was the Abraham Lincoln Brigade?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)