|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
2. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
3. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
4. The river of Tudela, the Rio Ebro was:
5. Michener feels the best bullfights are when:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
2. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
3. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
4. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
5. What is Pamplona famous for?
6. What is the Way of St. James?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. What is a tapas bar?
9. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
10. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you wanted to explore the Muslim influence in Spain, which city or cities would you go to and why? Explain what the Great Mosque and Alhambra are and what their significance is.
Essay Topic 2
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
Essay Topic 3
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)