|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
2. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
3. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
4. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
5. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a confraternity?
2. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
3. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
4. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
5. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
6. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
7. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
8. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
9. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
10. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Way of St. James? What is the history associated with it and why is it significant? What is the Day of St. James and where is it celebrated?
Essay Topic 2
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 3
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)