|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The terms Las Marismas means:
2. Michener wants to know about:
3. At the time of Michener's visit to Badajoz, the leader of Spain is:
4. Codified law was first introduced to the area by:
5. After the bull fight, the American went to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
2. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
3. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
4. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
5. What is the Alhambra?
6. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
7. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
8. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
9. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
10. Who was Cisneros?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
Essay Topic 3
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)