|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The parishes have:
2. Who shows the American around Castellon?
3. After the bull fight, the American went to:
4. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
5. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
2. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
3. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
4. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
5. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
6. What is the Alhambra?
7. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
8. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
9. What is a confraternity?
10. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What was Michener's purpose for writing the book? Why did he avoid the opinions of travelers who had visited Spain? Do you think this was wise? Do you think that Michener accomplished his objective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Way of St. James? What is the history associated with it and why is it significant? What is the Day of St. James and where is it celebrated?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)