|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Damascene is:
2. Seneca was a great:
3. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
4. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
5. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
2. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
3. Why does Michener consider the side trip to Merida to be a necessity?
4. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
5. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
6. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
7. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
8. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
9. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
10. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
Essay Topic 2
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 3
There is a great deal of his story contained in Michener's Iberia. Is this a good way to learn history? Do you feel that Michener's presentation makes it more interesting? Why or why not?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)