|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
2. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
3. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
4. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
5. Cordoba was a center of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
2. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
3. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
4. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
5. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
6. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
7. What was the Spanish Civil War?
8. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
9. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
10. What is the Alhambra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you wanted to explore the Muslim influence in Spain, which city or cities would you go to and why? Explain what the Great Mosque and Alhambra are and what their significance is.
Essay Topic 2
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
Essay Topic 3
Michener describes himself as a tourist in Spain and says that the experiences he had in Spain are available to any intelligent traveler. Do you agree with him? What is required to have the experience that Michener had? Do you think the fact that he is a famous writer helps?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)