Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
2. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
3. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
4. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
5. What was the American's impressions of his first bullfight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
2. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
3. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
4. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
5. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
6. What is a tapas bar?
7. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
8. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
9. Who was Cisneros?
10. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
Essay Topic 1
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
Essay Topic 2
From what you have read in the book, what is your favorite area of Spain? Why? Explain some of the things you would want to see and do there if you traveled to that area.
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)