|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
2. At the time of Michener's visit to Badajoz, the leader of Spain is:
3. What is the Alcazar?
4. The average man in Badajoz is:
5. In addition to Badajoz, Michener visits all but which one of the following cities in the Extremadura:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
2. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
3. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
4. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
5. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
6. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
7. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
8. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
9. Why does Michener consider the side trip to Merida to be a necessity?
10. Who was Cisneros?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
Essay Topic 2
Why is there so much Islamic history in Spain? How did the Muslims come to be in Spain? When were they expelled from Spain and why?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)