|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the bull fight, the American went to:
2. Badajoz is located in a region called:
3. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
4. The oranges were shipped in:
5. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a confraternity?
2. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
3. What was the Spanish Civil War?
4. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
5. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
6. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
7. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
8. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
9. What is the Way of St. James?
10. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
Essay Topic 2
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Has this book stimulated your interests in Spain? Why or why not? What parts of Spain would you like to see? Why? What parts would you like to avoid and why?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)