|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The terms Las Marismas means:
2. How many days of processions are there for the parishes?
3. The author describes Spain as:
4. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
5. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
2. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
3. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
4. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
5. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
6. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
7. What was the Spanish Civil War?
8. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
9. What is a confraternity?
10. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a strong separatism movement in Spain in Catalonia, especially in the Basque region. Explain what separatism is. What is it that the Catalan separatists want? What are the effects of separatism?
Essay Topic 2
Why is there so much Islamic history in Spain? How did the Muslims come to be in Spain? When were they expelled from Spain and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)