|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
2. The oranges are to be used for:
3. Michener describes the cathedral of Badajoz as:
4. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
5. The festivities take place over a period of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michener consider the side trip to Merida to be a necessity?
2. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
3. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
4. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
5. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
6. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
7. What is the Alhambra?
8. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
9. Who was Cisneros?
10. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Under the Franco dictatorship, the press and writers were subject to censorship. Describe the nature of this censorship. What was its purpose? Do you think it was healthy for the public? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
Essay Topic 3
There is a great deal of his story contained in Michener's Iberia. Is this a good way to learn history? Do you feel that Michener's presentation makes it more interesting? Why or why not?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)