Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordoba is located on the:
2. Who runs the hospitals in Spain?
3. How many parts are there to the festivities preceding Easter?
4. The Alhambra is:
5. Michener travels to Las Marismas to visit:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
2. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
3. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
4. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
5. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
6. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
9. What is a tapas bar?
10. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
What was Michener's purpose for writing the book? Why did he avoid the opinions of travelers who had visited Spain? Do you think this was wise? Do you think that Michener accomplished his objective? Why or why not?
Under the Franco dictatorship, the press and writers were subject to censorship. Describe the nature of this censorship. What was its purpose? Do you think it was healthy for the public? Why or why not?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)