|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The parishes have:
2. The average man in Badajoz is:
3. Damascene is:
4. The bright orange on the tree trunks indicates that the trunks were:
5. Who runs the hospitals in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Cisneros?
2. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
3. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
4. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
5. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
6. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
7. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
8. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
9. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
10. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a strong separatism movement in Spain in Catalonia, especially in the Basque region. Explain what separatism is. What is it that the Catalan separatists want? What are the effects of separatism?
Essay Topic 2
What is the story behind the Lovers of Teruel? Is it a true story? What can be seen at the tomb? Why does it help to know the history of a place such as the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel?
Essay Topic 3
Franco established a right wing dictatorship after winning the Spanish Civil War. Discuss the Franco dictatorship. What did the terms red and white refer to after the establishment of the dictatorship? Were they distortions? Why does a dictatorship have to lie to its people?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)