|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
2. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
3. The bright orange on the tree trunks indicates that the trunks were:
4. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
5. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
2. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
3. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
4. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
5. What is the Day of St. James?
6. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
7. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
8. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
9. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
10. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Way of St. James? What is the history associated with it and why is it significant? What is the Day of St. James and where is it celebrated?
Essay Topic 3
Under the Franco dictatorship, the press and writers were subject to censorship. Describe the nature of this censorship. What was its purpose? Do you think it was healthy for the public? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)