|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time of Michener's visit is:
2. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
3. Michener felt his hotel room was:
4. Michener travels to Badajoz by:
5. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
2. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
3. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
4. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
5. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
6. Who was Cisneros?
7. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
8. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
9. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
10. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
Essay Topic 1
Why is there so much Islamic history in Spain? How did the Muslims come to be in Spain? When were they expelled from Spain and why?
Essay Topic 2
Where does the word Iberia come from? What areas are usually included in the term Iberia? What does the Rio Ebro have to do with the term Iberia?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)