|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Damascene is:
2. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
3. When Michener told the hotel clerk in Badajoz that he planned to remain for a month, the clerk:
4. The time of Michener's visit is:
5. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
2. What is the Alhambra?
3. What is the cuadrilla?
4. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
5. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
6. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
9. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
10. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
Essay Topic 1
There is a strong separatism movement in Spain in Catalonia, especially in the Basque region. Explain what separatism is. What is it that the Catalan separatists want? What are the effects of separatism?
Essay Topic 2
MIchener makes a point of studying a country before he travels. What is the value of this approach? Would you spend the time researching a foreign country before visiting? Why or why not? What do you lose by not doing so?
Essay Topic 3
When Michener travels in the Extremadura, what does he find out about the young men? Why do they return if they go to Germany? In what other countries do you think this phenomena occurs?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)