|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
2. The procession takes place through:
3. Las Marismas is located:
4. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
5. Codified law was first introduced to the area by:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michener consider the side trip to Merida to be a necessity?
2. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
3. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
4. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
5. What is the Alhambra?
6. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
7. Who was Cisneros?
8. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
9. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
10. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Has this book stimulated your interests in Spain? Why or why not? What parts of Spain would you like to see? Why? What parts would you like to avoid and why?
Essay Topic 2
If you wanted to explore the Muslim influence in Spain, which city or cities would you go to and why? Explain what the Great Mosque and Alhambra are and what their significance is.
Essay Topic 3
What was the Spanish Inquisition? Why did it take place? Explain the workings of the investigations and the disposition of those investigated.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)