|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The participants from each parish are referred to as a:
2. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
3. Las Marismas is located:
4. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
5. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
2. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
3. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
4. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
5. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
6. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
7. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
8. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
9. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
10. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michener describes himself as a tourist in Spain and says that the experiences he had in Spain are available to any intelligent traveler. Do you agree with him? What is required to have the experience that Michener had? Do you think the fact that he is a famous writer helps?
Essay Topic 2
Sports are a major part of life in Spain. What are the popular sports that Michener mentioned? What is the nature of and the problem with corruption in bullfighting? In what way does this deceive the public?
Essay Topic 3
What is Pamplona known for? Why do people come from all over the world to take part? What is a corrida? Explain.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)