|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener feels the best bullfights are when:
(a) the bulls are small
(b) the matadors are young
(c) the bull ring is large
(d) the bulls are from the same ranch
2. While sitting in the Plaza Mayor, Michener overhears a conversation of a group of Frenchmen. What does he learn?
(a) there is going to be a student demonstration
(b) there is going to be a strike
(c) they find Americans loud and vulgar
3. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
(a) both books and magazines sell well
(b) books sell well
(c) neither books nor magazines sell well
(d) magazines sell well
4. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
5. Pamplona is preparing for the yearly feast of:
(a) Juan Carlos
(b) Santa Teresa
(c) San Fermin
Short Answer Questions
1. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
2. What is significant about Estrella?
3. The Abraham Lincoln Brigade was composed of:
4. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
5. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
2. What is the sardona?
3. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
4. What is the cuadrilla?
5. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
6. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
7. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
8. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
9. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
10. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)