|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Entremeses are:
(a) an area in the mountains
(b) a monastery
(c) a selection of different foods served in saucers
(d) a hotel in Teruel
2. According to tradition, the Apostle James:
(a) wrote about Compostella
(b) preached in this part of Spain
(c) was born in Santiage de Compostella
(d) was martyred in Compostella
3. Banderrilas are:
(a) young bulls
(b) the pants of the matador
(c) short colorful sticks placed in the bull's shoulders
(d) the matador's crew
4. The bulls run a distance of:
(a) seventeen hundred yards
(b) one mile
(c) nine nundred yards
(d) one and one half miles
5. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
(a) lack of qualified teachers
(b) lack of students
(c) it became basically a finishing school for the nobility
(d) it was closed by Isabel
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener describes Barcelona as the:
2. Michener admits that regarding bullfighting:
3. The tertulia is a:
4. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
5. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the world Iberia come from?
2. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
3. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
4. What is the Way of St. James?
5. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
6. What is the Day of St. James?
7. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
8. What is the Black Legend?
9. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
10. What is the sardona?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)