|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Estrella?
(a) it is the only place in Spain where women can fight bulls
(b) they make a famous wine
(c) it is a major trading center
(d) there is a big bull ranch
2. What is a famous wine of the region?
(a) while wine from Estrella
(d) the red wine of Rioja
3. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
(a) the Way
(b) the Way of St. James
(c) The Pilgrimage of James
(d) The Path of James
4. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
(a) the press coverage
(b) the socializaiton
(c) the bull
(d) the matador
5. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
(b) an automobile
(d) television antennas
Short Answer Questions
1. The tertulia is a:
2. Michener feels the best bullfights are when:
3. Michener describes Spain as a:
4. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
5. The bulls run a distance of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the world Iberia come from?
2. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
3. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
4. What is the Black Legend?
5. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
6. What is the cuadrilla?
7. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
8. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
9. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
10. What is the Day of St. James?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)