|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(d) birth defects
2. A corrida is:
(a) a complete bullfight
(b) the terms used to denote a poor matador
(c) the terms used to denote a poor bull
(d) the outfit the matador wears
3. The Abraham Lincoln Brigade was composed of:
(a) the press corp
(b) American volunteers
4. What is significant about Estrella?
(a) it is the only place in Spain where women can fight bulls
(b) there is a big bull ranch
(c) it is a major trading center
(d) they make a famous wine
5. On the way to Teruel, Michener stopped in:
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
2. In Spain:
3. According to tradition, the Apostle James:
4. The most popular matador was:
5. The bulls run each day for:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pamplona famous for?
2. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
3. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
4. What is the Black Legend?
5. What is the Day of St. James?
6. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
7. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
8. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
9. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
10. What is the cuadrilla?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)