|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
2. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
(a) embellished with precious jewels
(c) from various parts of the world
(d) made of stone
3. The Prado is a famous:
4. Michener found Madrid newspapers to:
(a) have many sales pages
(b) have little information on the politics in Spain
(c) have little international news
(d) be very informational
5. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
(a) The Path of James
(b) the Way of St. James
(c) the Way
(d) The Pilgrimage of James
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
2. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
3. The sport of bullfighting is subject to:
4. When Michener meets Don Luis in Madrid, they discuss:
5. The patron saint of Spain is:
Short Essay Questions
1. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
2. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
3. What is the cuadrilla?
4. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
5. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
6. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
7. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
8. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
9. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
10. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)