|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener admits that regarding bullfighting:
(a) he prefers soccer
(b) he has only been to one bull fight
(c) he doesn't like the activity
(d) he is a big fan
2. Banderrilas are:
(a) young bulls
(b) the matador's crew
(c) the pants of the matador
(d) short colorful sticks placed in the bull's shoulders
3. The Prado is a famous:
4. The tertulia is a:
(b) social club
5. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
(a) established herself as regent
(b) bore illigitimate children
(c) demanded tax money
(d) carried the remains of her husband with her
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
2. What is significant about Estrella?
3. Michener describes Barcelona as the:
4. The Way of St. James is:
5. What did Spanish royalty do with their illegitimate daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
2. What is Pamplona famous for?
3. What is a tapas bar?
4. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
5. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
6. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
7. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
8. What is the Day of St. James?
9. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
10. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)