|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
(a) to interview Ernest Hemingway
(b) to study the cathedral of Pamplona
(c) to picnic in the Pass of Roncasvalles
(d) to see Tudela
2. Michener describes Spain as a:
(c) constitutional monarchy
(d) strict dictatorship
3. What is the major feast in Santiago de Compostella?
(a) the Day of the Virgin
(b) the Feast of Guadaloupe
(c) the Day of St. James
(d) the Feast of the Templars
4. The Catalan separatists want all but the following:
(a) their own language
(b) a separate state
(c) their own newspapers
(d) their own univeristies
5. The bulls run a distance of:
(a) one mile
(b) seventeen hundred yards
(c) one and one half miles
(d) nine nundred yards
Short Answer Questions
1. Along the route is the shrine to:
2. The large pedestrian promenade with kiosks is:
3. Who were the Suecas?
4. While walking around Teruel, Michener found:
5. What does Michener say of Portugal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
2. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
3. What is the Way of St. James?
4. What is a tapas bar?
5. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
6. What is the Day of St. James?
7. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
8. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
9. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
10. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)