|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(c) birth defects
2. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
(a) there had been an oil spill
(b) the seacoast was being preserved
(c) it was developed with apartment buildings and resorts
(d) the seashore had deteriorated
3. How long did the battle for Teruel last?
(a) 69 days
(b) six months
(c) three weeks
(d) two weeks
4. On the way to Teruel, Michener stopped in:
5. In Spain:
(a) there is no betting because of the church
(b) betting is illegal
(c) people prefer baseball to soccer
(d) betting pools are popular on soccer
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
2. The large pedestrian promenade with kiosks is:
3. What is the major feast in Santiago de Compostella?
4. Michener had first visited Teruel:
5. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
2. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
3. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
4. What is a tapas bar?
5. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
6. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
9. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
10. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)