|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of entertainment did the Micheners enjoy so much in Barcelona?
(d) going to bars
2. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
(a) traveled widely
(b) was beheaded by the king
(c) compiled a list of all known Jews in the area
(d) researched Jews in different areas
3. A complete bull fight consists of how many bulls?
4. John Moore was an English general in the war against:
(a) Juan Carlos
5. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
(a) carried the remains of her husband with her
(b) established herself as regent
(c) demanded tax money
(d) bore illigitimate children
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isabel die?
2. While sitting in the Plaza Mayor, Michener overhears a conversation of a group of Frenchmen. What does he learn?
3. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
4. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
5. Teruel had been the site of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
2. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
3. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
4. What is the sardona?
5. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
6. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
7. What is the cuadrilla?
8. What is the Black Legend?
9. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
10. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)