|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
(a) the middle class
(d) the upper class
2. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
(a) The Pilgrimage of James
(b) the Way
(c) The Path of James
(d) the Way of St. James
3. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
(a) procession with a statue of the Virgin
(b) procession with a statue of St. James
(d) fireworks display
4. From whom does Michener learn the history of Castielfabib?
(a) the innkeeper's family
(b) the mayor
(c) a priest
(d) a tour guide
5. Where did Isabel die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the battle for Teruel last?
2. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
3. Michener had first visited Teruel:
4. Entremeses are:
5. According to Michener, the men from Andalucia who migrate to Barcelona stay there because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Black Legend?
2. What is the sardona?
3. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
4. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
5. What is the Way of St. James?
6. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
7. What is the cuadrilla?
8. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
10. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)