|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
(a) visit a vineyard
(b) view the scenery
(c) visit a cattle ranch
(d) see a church
2. Michener admits that regarding bullfighting:
(a) he prefers soccer
(b) he has only been to one bull fight
(c) he is a big fan
(d) he doesn't like the activity
3. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
(d) political books on Franco
4. When Michener meets Don Luis in Madrid, they discuss:
(b) Spain after Franco's death
(c) jai alai
5. The Way of St. James is:
(a) 900 miles
(b) 100 miles
(c) 250 miles
(d) 25 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catalan separatists want all but the following:
2. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
3. The onset of the running of the bulls is signaled by:
4. The most popular matador was:
5. Where did Isabel die?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
2. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
3. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
4. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
5. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
6. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
7. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
8. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
10. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)