|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener had first visited Teruel:
(a) in 1939
(b) 34 years earlier
(c) during World War II
(d) three years earlier
2. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
(c) an automobile
(d) television antennas
3. Which of the following is a popular sport in Spain?
(a) La Crosse
(b) jai alai
4. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
(a) to interview Ernest Hemingway
(b) to study the cathedral of Pamplona
(c) to picnic in the Pass of Roncasvalles
(d) to see Tudela
5. The patron saint of Spain is:
(a) St. Teresa
(b) St. Juan
(c) St. James
(d) St. Augustin
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking around Teruel, Michener found:
2. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
3. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
4. The Rastro is a:
5. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
2. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
3. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
4. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
5. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
6. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
7. What is the cuadrilla?
8. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
10. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)