|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
(a) Generalisimo France
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) Prince Juan Carlos
(d) President Zaomoa
2. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
(a) in the Greek invasion of Spain
(b) in Franco's war against the Republicans
(c) in the Christians' fight against Islam
(d) of a Great Mosque
3. The Prado is a famous:
4. The colors of the cape are:
(a) magenta and yellow
(b) the colors of the bull ring
(c) red and blue
(d) the colors of the matador
5. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
(a) speech by the President
(b) blessing of new priests
(c) running of the bulls
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
2. What did Spanish royalty do with their illegitimate daughters?
3. Michener describes Spain as a:
4. A complete bull fight consists of how many bulls?
5. Which of the following is not one of Michener's reasons for going to the Pamploma region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
2. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
3. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
4. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
5. What is one of the things the Spanish town of Estrella is known for?
6. What is the cuadrilla?
7. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
8. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
10. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)