|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The saint worshiped at Avila is:
2. The colors of the cape are:
(a) the colors of the bull ring
(b) magenta and yellow
(c) red and blue
(d) the colors of the matador
3. Entremeses are:
(a) a hotel in Teruel
(b) a monastery
(c) a selection of different foods served in saucers
(d) an area in the mountains
4. While traveling from town to town, Michener is tracing the history of:
(b) Juan Carlos
5. Michener claims to have seen how many bullfights?
Short Answer Questions
1. While sitting in the Plaza Mayor, Michener overhears a conversation of a group of Frenchmen. What does he learn?
2. The most popular matador was:
3. Which of the following is a popular sport in Spain?
4. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
5. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michener's attitude toward bullfighting?
2. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
3. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
4. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
5. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
6. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
7. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
8. What is the sardona?
9. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
10. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)