|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
(a) books sell well
(b) magazines sell well
(c) neither books nor magazines sell well
(d) both books and magazines sell well
2. What is the major feast in Santiago de Compostella?
(a) the Day of St. James
(b) the Day of the Virgin
(c) the Feast of the Templars
(d) the Feast of Guadaloupe
3. The saint worshiped at Avila is:
4. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
(d) political books on Franco
5. The Abraham Lincoln Brigade was composed of:
(a) American volunteers
(b) the press corp
Short Answer Questions
1. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
2. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
3. Michener had first visited Teruel:
4. In Spain:
5. Where did Isabel die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Way of St. James?
2. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
3. Where does the world Iberia come from?
4. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
5. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
6. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
7. What is the Casa de las Conchas?
8. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
9. What is the Black Legend?
10. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)