|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
(a) the finest in Spain and one of the three best in the world
2. Michener feels the best bullfights are when:
(a) the bulls are small
(b) the bulls are from the same ranch
(c) the matadors are young
(d) the bull ring is large
3. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
(a) bore illigitimate children
(b) demanded tax money
(c) established herself as regent
(d) carried the remains of her husband with her
4. Michener describes Barcelona as the:
(a) a shopper's paradise
(b) the sister city of Madrid
(c) the playground of the rich
(d) intellectual capital of Spain
5. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
(a) the bull
(b) the socializaiton
(c) the press coverage
(d) the matador
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the square that Michener feels is the finest in Spain and one of the best in the world?
2. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
3. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
4. According to Michener, the men from Andalucia who migrate to Barcelona stay there because:
5. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
2. Who were the Lovers of Teruel?
3. What is the Black Legend?
4. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
5. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
6. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
7. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
8. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
9. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
10. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)