|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
(a) embellished with precious jewels
(b) from various parts of the world
(d) made of stone
2. Which of the following was not true of Gibraltar:
(a) Gibraltar voted to remain under British control
(b) Gibraltar is called El Penon
(c) Spain wanted self-government in Gibraltar
(d) the Spanish wanted continued English rule
3. What is the major feast in Santiago de Compostella?
(a) the Feast of Guadaloupe
(b) the Feast of the Templars
(c) the Day of the Virgin
(d) the Day of St. James
4. Banderrilas are:
(a) young bulls
(b) the matador's crew
(c) short colorful sticks placed in the bull's shoulders
(d) the pants of the matador
5. Teruel had been the site of:
(a) the end of the Spanish Civil War
(b) a major battle in the Spanish Civil War
(c) a big festival
(d) a major strike
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener had first visited Teruel:
2. The wealthiest shrine in Christendom is at:
3. The sport of bullfighting is subject to:
4. The river of Tudela, the Rio Ebro was:
5. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
2. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
3. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
4. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
5. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
6. Why was Michener happy to make the pilgrimage to Compostella when he has made it before?
7. Where does the world Iberia come from?
8. What is the Day of St. James?
9. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
10. What is the Way of St. James?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)