|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to Teruel, Michener stopped in:
2. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
(b) an automobile
(c) television antennas
3. Who were the Suecas?
(a) a singing group
(b) strolling ministrals
(c) Fins, Norwegians, Danes and Germans
(d) a slamenco group
4. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
(a) the seashore had deteriorated
(b) it was developed with apartment buildings and resorts
(c) there had been an oil spill
(d) the seacoast was being preserved
5. While sitting in the Plaza Mayor, Michener overhears a conversation of a group of Frenchmen. What does he learn?
(a) they find Americans loud and vulgar
(b) there is going to be a strike
(c) there is going to be a student demonstration
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tradition, the Apostle James:
2. Michener feels the best bullfights are when:
3. The architecture of Northern Spain is:
4. The large pedestrian promenade with kiosks is:
5. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Way of St. James?
2. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
3. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
4. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
5. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
6. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
7. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
8. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
9. What is the Black Legend?
10. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)