|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While walking around Teruel, Michener found:
(a) a television studio
(b) a shopping mall
(c) a motorcycle race track
(d) a newspaper office
2. The river of Tudela, the Rio Ebro was:
(a) sailed by Magellan
(b) known as the Iberes in ancient times
(c) sailed by Columbus
(d) a major thoroughfare
3. The Rastro is a:
(d) shopping area
4. Michener admits that regarding bullfighting:
(a) he doesn't like the activity
(b) he is a big fan
(c) he has only been to one bull fight
(d) he prefers soccer
5. Which of the following is a popular sport in Spain?
(b) La Crosse
(c) jai alai
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener describes Barcelona as the:
2. According to Michener, the men from Andalucia who migrate to Barcelona stay there because:
3. Along the route is the shrine to:
4. On the way to Teruel, Michener stopped in:
5. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
2. What is the sardona?
3. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
4. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
5. When Michener discusses the changes that have taken place in Madrid since his first visit, to what does he attribute the changed mores of women?
6. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
7. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
8. Where does the world Iberia come from?
9. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
10. What is the Black Legend?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)