|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
(a) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
(b) the food was bad
(c) he couldn't speak the language
(d) it was too expensive
2. The parishes have:
(a) are closed during the festivities
(b) don't take part in the processions
(c) floats with different themes for the different days
(d) have continual Masses during the processions
3. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
4. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a large resort hotel
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a dude ranch
(d) is a museum
5. How many parts are there to the festivities preceding Easter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
2. Who shows the American around Castellon?
3. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
4. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
5. After wandering around the country side of Teruel, who does the American meet as he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
2. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
3. Who was Cisneros?
4. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
5. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
6. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
7. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
8. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
9. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
10. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)