|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) it was too touristy
(b) the partons were badly behaved
(c) the waiter eas rude
(d) he had a bad seat
2. The festivities take place over a period of:
(a) three to five weeks
(b) ten days
(c) one week
(d) two weeks
3. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(b) Juan Carlos
(c) Queen Victoria
(d) Christopher Columbus
4. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
(a) black suits
(b) hooded tunic costumes
(c) white suits
(d) sports clothes
5. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the freighter stop to pick up oranges?
2. The oranges are to be used for:
3. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
4. Michener travels to Badajoz by:
5. How many parts are there to the festivities preceding Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
2. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
3. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
4. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
5. What is the Alhambra?
6. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
7. What is a confraternity?
8. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
9. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
10. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)