|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parishes have:
(a) floats with different themes for the different days
(b) don't take part in the processions
(c) have continual Masses during the processions
(d) are closed during the festivities
2. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
3. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
(a) El Greco
(c) Queen Isabel
4. The oranges were shipped in:
(a) wooden crates
(d) steel barrels
5. What is the Alcazar?
(a) a huge fortress in Toledo
(b) the main shipping area
(c) the central square
(d) a palace
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
2. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
3. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
4. Cordoba is located on the:
5. Cordoba was a center of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Cisneros?
2. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
3. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
4. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
5. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
6. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
7. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
8. What is a confraternity?
9. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
10. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)