|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man on board in the Introduction is described as being:
2. Michener felt his hotel room was:
(c) too expensive
(d) hot, cramped and noisy
3. Las Marismas contains:
(a) big resorts
(b) World War II monuments
(c) ski areas
(d) many wildlife areas
4. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
(b) El Rocio
5. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
(a) Festival of Light
(b) Mardi Gras
(c) Easter Parade
(d) Spring Feria
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordoba represents:
2. The people of Teruel are described as:
3. Michener wants to know about:
4. The Concha y Sierra:
5. The Alhambra is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
2. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
3. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
4. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
5. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
6. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
7. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
8. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
9. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
10. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)