|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parishes have:
(a) have continual Masses during the processions
(b) are closed during the festivities
(c) floats with different themes for the different days
(d) don't take part in the processions
2. In what way did the American travel to Teruel?
(a) private car
3. Las Marismas is located:
(a) in the Basque region
(b) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(c) on the Costa del Sol
(d) near Madrid
4. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
(a) the tradition of Spanish names
(b) there are no businessmen in Badajoz
(c) why he is not welcome at the club
(d) that he should not ask questions
5. Michener describes the cathedral of Badajoz as:
(a) the hub of town activity
(c) akwardly located
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Badajoz, Michener visits all but which one of the following cities in the Extremadura:
2. At the time of Michener's visit to Badajoz, the leader of Spain is:
3. How many days of processions are there for the parishes?
4. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
5. Cordoba is located on the:
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
2. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
3. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
4. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
5. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
6. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
7. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
8. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
9. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
10. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)