|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
(a) the Goths
(b) the Visigoths
(c) the Moors
(d) the Romans
2. What is the name of the large wildlife preserve in Las Marismas?
(a) El Rochio
(c) the Alhambra
(d) Coto Donana
3. The time of Michener's visit is:
(a) the late 1950s
(b) the mid 1940s
(c) the early 1960s
(d) the late 1940s
4. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
(a) read travel books
(b) learn the language
(c) see a performance of Don Juan Tenorio
(d) plan their itinerary
5. Michener travels to Badajoz by:
(d) private auto
Short Answer Questions
1. Averroes was a:
2. Sevilla is described as:
3. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
4. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
5. The oranges are to be used for:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
2. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
3. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
4. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
5. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
6. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
7. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
8. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
9. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
10. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)