|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The average man in Badajoz is:
(a) in various businesses
(b) a merchant
(c) a farmer
(d) an entertainer
2. Las Marismas contains:
(a) big resorts
(b) many wildlife areas
(c) ski areas
(d) World War II monuments
3. The festivities take place over a period of:
(a) two weeks
(b) one week
(c) ten days
(d) three to five weeks
4. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
(a) the church
(b) the central plaza
(c) the club
(d) a restaurant
5. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener recommends that travelers visit Sevilla:
2. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
3. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
4. Maimonides was a:
5. The Great Mosque at Medinat az-Zahra had been converted into a:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
2. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
3. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
4. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
5. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
6. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
7. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
8. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
9. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
10. What is the Alhambra?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)