|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the bull fight, the American went to:
(a) his hotel
(b) a concert
(c) a bar
(d) a flamenco dance performance
2. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
(a) the President
(b) the mayor
(d) the hotel clerk
3. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
4. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
(b) Juan Carlos
(d) Juana la Loca
5. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a dude ranch
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a large resort hotel
(d) is a museum
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
2. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
3. The book opens with a freighter traveling to Spain from:
4. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
5. Badajoz is located in a region called:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michener's wife excited about visiting Barcelona?
2. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
3. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
4. What was the Spanish Inquisition?
5. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
6. How does a Spaniard defend bullfighting when Americans call it barbaric?
7. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
8. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
9. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
10. How do the Spanish acquire apartments in the seacoast areas?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)