|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the large wildlife preserve in Las Marismas?
(b) El Rochio
(c) the Alhambra
(d) Coto Donana
2. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
(c) the Basque region
(d) the Extremadura region
3. Who is the artist who painted "The Burial of Court Orgaz" and other famous works?
(a) El Greco
(d) El Prago
4. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
(a) the mayor
(c) the hotel clerk
(d) the President
5. The people of Teruel are described as:
(a) middle class
(d) poor peasants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alcazar?
2. Michener wants to know about:
3. When Michener told the hotel clerk in Badajoz that he planned to remain for a month, the clerk:
4. The author describes Spain as:
5. Las Marismas is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the world Iberia come from?
2. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
3. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
4. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
5. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
6. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
7. Who was Cisneros?
8. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
9. What did Michener think of his experience in Castielfabib?
10. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)