|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so impressive about the Toledo cathedral?
(a) that fact that it is a social gathering place
(b) its archetecture
(c) the lack of ventilation
(d) its artwork
2. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
(c) El Rocio
3. What bird populates Las Marismas that is sold throughout Europe as pets?
(a) the stork
(b) the egret
(c) the parakeet
(d) the goldfinch
4. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a museum
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a dude ranch
(d) is a large resort hotel
5. Where does the freighter stop to pick up oranges?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
2. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
3. Michener travels to Badajoz by:
4. Cordoba represents:
5. After the bull fight, the American went to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
2. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
3. What is the Alhambra?
4. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
5. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
6. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
7. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
8. What is a confraternity?
9. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
10. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)