|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The participants from each parish are referred to as a:
2. At the end of the fiesta, the American saw his first:
(b) Catholic Mass
(c) zarzuela or light opera
3. What part of Cordoba does Michener describe as enchanting?
(a) the Jewish quarter
(b) the cathedral
(c) the Cozodover
(d) the Arab quarter
4. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
(b) Queen Isabel
(c) El Greco
5. The Alhambra is:
(a) a collection of buildings and castles with gardens and fountains
(b) a shopping center
(c) a hotel
(d) a famous church
Short Answer Questions
1. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
2. When Michener told the hotel clerk in Badajoz that he planned to remain for a month, the clerk:
3. Who is the artist who painted "The Burial of Court Orgaz" and other famous works?
4. Sevilla is described as:
5. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
2. What was the Spanish Civil War?
3. Why does Michener consider the side trip to Merida to be a necessity?
4. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
5. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
6. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
7. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
8. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
9. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
10. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)