|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seneca was a great:
(c) medical man
(d) a business man
2. In what way did the American travel to Teruel?
(c) private car
3. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
4. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
(a) it was too expensive
(b) he couldn't speak the language
(c) the food was bad
(d) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
5. Michener's first impressions of Toledo was that it was:
(a) the most bheautiful city he has ever seen
(b) Spanish tourism at its worst
(d) too congested
Short Answer Questions
1. The man on board in the Introduction is described as being:
2. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
3. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
4. Maimonides was a:
5. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
2. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
3. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
4. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
5. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
6. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
7. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
8. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
9. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
10. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)