|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maimonides was a:
(a) medical man
(b) religious philosopher
2. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
(a) the central plaza
(b) a restaurant
(c) the church
(d) the club
3. Michener recommends that travelers visit Sevilla:
(a) during the period before Easter
(b) at any time
(c) for the Christmas holidays
(d) during summer
4. In what way did the American travel to Teruel?
(d) private car
5. What part of Cordoba does Michener describe as enchanting?
(a) the cathedral
(b) the Jewish quarter
(c) the Cozodover
(d) the Arab quarter
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the freighter stop to pick up oranges?
2. Las Marismas is:
3. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
4. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
5. The Alhambra is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
2. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
3. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
4. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
5. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
6. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
7. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
8. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
9. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
10. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)