|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
(a) the Romans and the Visigoth
(b) the Goths and Visigoths
(c) the Romans and the Goths
(d) the Republicans and the focus of Franco
2. The terms Las Marismas means:
(a) the low lands
(b) the Tidelands
(d) bull ranch
3. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
(a) the memorial to Carlos
(b) a memorial to Franco
(c) A World War II battle site
(d) a gallery of El Grecos
4. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
(a) a restaurant
(b) the church
(c) the club
(d) the central plaza
5. What part of Cordoba does Michener describe as enchanting?
(a) the Cozodover
(b) the cathedral
(c) the Jewish quarter
(d) the Arab quarter
Short Answer Questions
1. The Alhambra is:
2. The festivities take place over a period of:
3. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
4. After the bull fight, the American went to:
5. Cordoba is located on the:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
2. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
3. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
4. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
5. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
6. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
7. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
8. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
9. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
10. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)