|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
2. The people of Teruel are described as:
(b) poor peasants
(c) middle class
3. After the bull fight, the American went to:
(a) a concert
(b) his hotel
(c) a flamenco dance performance
(d) a bar
4. Before leaving Valencia, who does the American meet?
(a) the bargeman
(b) a news reporter
(c) a beautiful woman
(d) the President of Spain
5. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
Short Answer Questions
1. The book opens with a freighter traveling to Spain from:
2. Cordoba was a center of:
3. The average man in Badajoz is:
4. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
5. Damascene is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
2. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
3. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
4. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
5. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
6. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
7. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
8. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
9. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
10. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)