|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Cordoba does Michener describe as enchanting?
(a) the Cozodover
(b) the Arab quarter
(c) the Jewish quarter
(d) the cathedral
2. Who runs the hospitals in Spain?
(a) they are paid for with tax dollars
(b) the government
(c) the church
(d) various organizations
3. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
(a) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
(b) it was too expensive
(c) he couldn't speak the language
(d) the food was bad
4. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
(a) the Romans and the Goths
(b) the Republicans and the focus of Franco
(c) the Goths and Visigoths
(d) the Romans and the Visigoth
5. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
(a) a restaurant
(b) the club
(c) the central plaza
(d) the church
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mozarabes:
2. Michener describes the cathedral of Badajoz as:
3. Badajoz is located in a region called:
4. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
5. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
2. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
3. What is a confraternity?
4. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
5. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
6. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
7. Who was Cisneros?
8. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
9. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
10. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)