|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
(a) the Basque region
(c) the Extremadura region
2. What is the Alcazar?
(a) a palace
(b) a huge fortress in Toledo
(c) the main shipping area
(d) the central square
3. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
4. Las Marismas is located:
(a) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(b) on the Costa del Sol
(c) near Madrid
(d) in the Basque region
5. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
(a) know its history
(b) engage a tour guide
(c) see it from afar
(d) hire a taxi
Short Answer Questions
1. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
2. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
3. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
4. The parishes have:
5. The terms Las Marismas means:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
2. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
3. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
4. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
5. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
6. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
7. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
8. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
9. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
10. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)