Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
(a) Juana la Loca
(b) Juan Carlos
2. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
(a) chocolate covered orange
(b) chocholate covered cherries
(d) salt water taffy
3. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
4. What is the focal point of socialization for businessmen in Spain?
(a) a restaurant
(b) the central plaza
(c) the club
(d) the church
5. What was the American's impressions of his first bullfight?
(a) he was very impressed
(b) he found it sickening
(c) he didn't like it
(d) he found it barbaric
Short Answer Questions
1. Maimonides was a:
2. What bird populates Las Marismas that is sold throughout Europe as pets?
3. The author describes Spain as:
4. Cordoba was a center of:
5. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
2. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
3. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
4. Why did Michener want to go to Badajoz?
5. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
6. What is a tapas bar?
7. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
8. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
9. Who was Cisneros?
10. How had the small town of Teruel become significant in the Spanish Civil War?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)