|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) he had a bad seat
(b) the partons were badly behaved
(c) the waiter eas rude
(d) it was too touristy
2. The book opens with a freighter traveling to Spain from:
(c) United States
3. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
4. Michener describes the cathedral of Badajoz as:
(a) the hub of town activity
(c) akwardly located
5. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Queen Victoria
(c) Juan Carlos
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
2. Hosius was a great:
3. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
4. Cordoba was a center of:
5. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
2. What was the Spanish Civil War?
3. What is a confraternity?
4. What is Michener's reason for going to the Las Marsimas area?
5. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
6. What was the attraction of Medinat az-Zahra?
7. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
8. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
9. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
10. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)