|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
2. Las Marismas is located:
(a) near Madrid
(b) in the Basque region
(c) on the Costa del Sol
(d) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
3. The time of Michener's visit is:
(a) the late 1940s
(b) the late 1950s
(c) the early 1960s
(d) the mid 1940s
4. The average man in Badajoz is:
(a) in various businesses
(b) an entertainer
(c) a merchant
(d) a farmer
5. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(a) Juan Carlos
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Queen Victoria
Short Answer Questions
1. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
2. After wandering around the country side of Teruel, who does the American meet as he returns?
3. Damascene is:
4. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
5. Sevilla is described as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
2. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
3. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
4. What does Michener conclude about the women of Badajoz?
5. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
6. Who was Maimonides, another of the great men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
7. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
8. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
9. What is one of the first things that Michener wants to know about Badajoz?
10. What is the Alhambra?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)