|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After wandering around the country side of Teruel, who does the American meet as he returns?
(a) the crew from the freighter
(b) a woman from Castellon
(c) the bargeman
(d) the Guardia Civil
2. Michener describes the cathedral of Badajoz as:
(a) akwardly located
(c) the hub of town activity
3. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
4. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
(a) El Rocio
5. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
(a) the mayor
(b) the President
(c) the hotel clerk
Short Answer Questions
1. The oranges were shipped in:
2. What was the American's impressions of his first bullfight?
3. The bright orange on the tree trunks indicates that the trunks were:
4. The Mozarabes:
5. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michener feel that Toledo reveals the essence of Spanish history?
2. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
3. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
4. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
5. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
6. What is a confraternity?
7. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
8. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
9. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
10. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)