|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Las Marismas is:
(a) a swamp land
(b) a rich agricultural area
(c) a wealthy part of the country
(d) in the high country
2. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
(a) Mardi Gras
(b) Festival of Light
(c) Spring Feria
(d) Easter Parade
3. The time of Michener's visit is:
(a) the mid 1940s
(b) the late 1940s
(c) the early 1960s
(d) the late 1950s
4. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Juan Carlos
(d) Queen Victoria
5. Who runs the hospitals in Spain?
(a) the church
(b) they are paid for with tax dollars
(c) various organizations
(d) the government
Short Answer Questions
1. Seneca was a great:
2. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
3. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
4. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
5. Each parish church is represented by:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a confraternity?
2. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
3. Where does the world Iberia come from?
4. What are Michener's views on Portugal?
5. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
6. How did there come to be an Islamic culture in Spain?
7. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
8. Why was Teruel of personal interest to Michener?
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
10. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)