|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Spanish Civil War was fought between:
(a) the Goths and Visigoths
(b) the Romans and the Goths
(c) the Republicans and the focus of Franco
(d) the Romans and the Visigoth
2. After wandering around the country side of Teruel, who does the American meet as he returns?
(a) the crew from the freighter
(b) the Guardia Civil
(c) a woman from Castellon
(d) the bargeman
3. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
(a) he couldn't speak the language
(b) the food was bad
(c) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
(d) it was too expensive
4. Michener's first impressions of Toledo was that it was:
(b) too congested
(c) Spanish tourism at its worst
(d) the most bheautiful city he has ever seen
5. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
(a) a memorial to Franco
(b) a gallery of El Grecos
(c) the memorial to Carlos
(d) A World War II battle site
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so impressive about the Toledo cathedral?
2. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
3. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
4. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
5. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
2. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
3. What is a confraternity?
4. Why did Michener want to see Cordoba and Grenada?
5. Why does Michener recommend Sevilla as the city to visit if the traveler can only visit one city in Spain?
6. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
7. What does Michener learn about the social activities of the average man?
8. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
9. What is the topography of Las Marismas?
10. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)