|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving Valencia, who does the American meet?
(a) a news reporter
(b) a beautiful woman
(c) the bargeman
(d) the President of Spain
2. Sevilla is described as:
(a) a relatively new city
(b) more modern than Madrid
(c) about the same age as Madrid
(d) two thousand years older than Madrid
3. Michener spends his first evening in Badajoz:
(a) in the cathedral
(b) in the hotel lobby
(d) sitting in the plaza watching and talking to the people
4. Maimonides was a:
(a) medical man
(b) religious philosopher
5. The Alhambra is:
(a) a hotel
(b) a shopping center
(c) a collection of buildings and castles with gardens and fountains
(d) a famous church
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
2. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
3. What is the Alcazar?
4. Las Marismas is located:
5. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Seneca, one of the four men whose birthplace Michener wanted to see?
2. What was the Spanish Civil War?
3. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
4. What is significant about the cathedral of Toledo?
5. What is the Alhambra?
6. What is the major wildlife preserve in Las Marimas?
7. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
8. What is the purpose of the darts with streamers thrown by the woman of the balconies in Castellon?
9. Why does Michener recommend travelers visit Sevilla during the weeks preceding Easter?
10. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)