|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The participants from each parish are referred to as a:
2. The people of Teruel are described as:
(c) poor peasants
(d) middle class
3. The man on board in the Introduction is described as being:
4. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
(b) darts with streamers attached
5. Michener wants to know about:
(a) the peasants
(c) the role of the Guardia Civil
(d) the daily routine of an average businessman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
2. What is the name of the large wildlife preserve in Las Marismas?
3. At the time of Michener's visit to Badajoz, the leader of Spain is:
4. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
5. Michener spends his first evening in Badajoz:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michener learn from the villagers about the young men?
2. Who were the Goths and the Visigoths?
3. What is a confraternity?
4. What is the city of Sanlucar known for?
5. Who was Cisneros?
6. What problems does Michener experience with restaurants when he first arrives in Toledo?
7. Why does the author compare Spain to Italy?
8. What does the American find when he travels to Teruel by train?
9. Was the author impressed with his first visit to Spain?
10. How does the American end up attending a bullfight in Valencia?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)