|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
(c) Viva yo
2. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) the partons were badly behaved
(b) the waiter eas rude
(c) he had a bad seat
(d) it was too touristy
3. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(a) Juan Carlos
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Queen Victoria
4. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
5. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
(a) they leave for Germany or Barcelona and send home money
(b) they work hard on their peasant plots
(c) they work for their fathers
(d) they work as merchants in the town
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the fiesta, the American saw his first:
2. Cordoba was a center of:
3. The author describes Spain as:
4. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
5. Damascene is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there antagonism between Barcelona and Madrid?
2. What are the three kinds of floats that take part in the processions?
3. What kind of corruption takes place in bullfighting?
4. What is the purpose of the oranges the freighter is picking up?
5. What does Michener say he tries to focus on in Iberia?
6. Where does the world Iberia come from?
7. In Madrid, Michener meets Don Luis, whom he first met at Las Marimas. What do the two men talk about?
8. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
9. What is the Alhambra?
10. What does Michener say that Arevalo is renowned for?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)