|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener describes Spain as a:
(b) constitutional monarchy
(c) strict dictatorship
2. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(d) birth defects
3. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
(a) The Pilgrimage of James
(b) the Way of St. James
(c) The Path of James
(d) the Way
4. What does Michener say of Portugal?
(a) Portugal has more history and culture than Spain
(b) Spain is cleaner than Portugal
(c) most women prefer Portugal to Spain
(d) most men prefer Portugal to Spain
5. What form of entertainment did the Micheners enjoy so much in Barcelona?
(c) going to bars
6. Michener had first visited Teruel:
(a) in 1939
(b) 34 years earlier
(c) during World War II
(d) three years earlier
7. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
(a) running of the bulls
(c) blessing of new priests
(d) speech by the President
8. The Abraham Lincoln Brigade was composed of:
(b) the press corp
(c) American volunteers
9. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
(a) lack of students
(b) lack of qualified teachers
(c) it was closed by Isabel
(d) it became basically a finishing school for the nobility
10. John Moore was an English general in the war against:
(c) Juan Carlos
11. Who were the Suecas?
(a) a singing group
(b) strolling ministrals
(c) Fins, Norwegians, Danes and Germans
(d) a slamenco group
12. The wealthiest shrine in Christendom is at:
13. Michener claims to have seen how many bullfights?
14. Which of the following is a popular sport in Spain?
(b) La Crosse
(d) jai alai
15. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
(a) the seashore had deteriorated
(b) there had been an oil spill
(c) it was developed with apartment buildings and resorts
(d) the seacoast was being preserved
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isabel die?
2. The patron saint of Spain is:
3. Michener travels to Alcala de Henares to visit:
4. The tertulia is a:
5. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)