|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
(a) magazines sell well
(b) both books and magazines sell well
(c) neither books nor magazines sell well
(d) books sell well
2. Teruel had been the site of:
(a) the end of the Spanish Civil War
(b) a major battle in the Spanish Civil War
(c) a major strike
(d) a big festival
3. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
4. Michener claims to have seen how many bullfights?
5. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
(a) the south of Spain
6. According to Michener, the men from Andalucia who migrate to Barcelona stay there because:
(a) better living conditions
(b) they have hope
(c) they find good jobs
(d) they find a better life
7. According to tradition, the Apostle James:
(a) preached in this part of Spain
(b) wrote about Compostella
(c) was born in Santiage de Compostella
(d) was martyred in Compostella
8. How long did the battle for Teruel last?
(a) 69 days
(b) six months
(c) two weeks
(d) three weeks
9. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(d) birth defects
10. Michener had first been to Madrid in:
11. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
(a) the bull
(b) the press coverage
(c) the socializaiton
(d) the matador
12. While sitting in the Plaza Mayor, Michener overhears a conversation of a group of Frenchmen. What does he learn?
(a) there is going to be a strike
(c) they find Americans loud and vulgar
(d) there is going to be a student demonstration
13. What did Spanish royalty do with their illegitimate daughters?
(a) adopted them so they were legitimate
(b) had them killed
(c) placed them in convents at an early age
(d) treated them as equals
14. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
(a) President Zaomoa
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) Generalisimo France
(d) Prince Juan Carlos
15. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
(d) political books on Franco
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isabel die?
2. A corrida is:
3. What is a famous wine of the region?
4. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
5. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)