|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a famous wine of the region?
(a) while wine from Estrella
(c) the red wine of Rioja
2. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
(a) television antennas
(c) an automobile
3. Pamplona is preparing for the yearly feast of:
(b) Santa Teresa
(c) San Fermin
(d) Juan Carlos
4. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
(a) running of the bulls
(c) speech by the President
(d) blessing of new priests
5. Which group produces the fewest in Medical doctors in Catalonia?
(a) the upper class
(d) the middle class
6. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
(b) the south of Spain
7. The wealthiest shrine in Christendom is at:
8. Banderrilas are:
(a) the pants of the matador
(b) young bulls
(c) the matador's crew
(d) short colorful sticks placed in the bull's shoulders
9. The Way of St. James is:
(a) 250 miles
(b) 900 miles
(c) 25 miles
(d) 100 miles
10. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
(a) both books and magazines sell well
(b) neither books nor magazines sell well
(c) magazines sell well
(d) books sell well
11. Michener travels to El Escorial to:
(a) see a church
(b) view the scenery
(c) visit a vineyard
(d) visit a cattle ranch
12. The Spanish Civil War began in:
13. The Day of St. James begins with a midnight:
(a) procession with a statue of the Virgin
(b) fireworks display
(d) procession with a statue of St. James
14. Michener found Madrid newspapers to:
(a) be very informational
(b) have little international news
(c) have many sales pages
(d) have little information on the politics in Spain
15. The most popular matador was:
(b) El Cordobes
(d) Antonio Ordonet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Estrella?
2. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
3. A complete bull fight consists of how many bulls?
4. What caused the decline of the University of Salamanca?
5. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)