|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of entertainment did the Micheners enjoy so much in Barcelona?
(a) going to bars
2. Michener learns the book writers in Spain:
(a) have numerous best sellers
(b) could not earn enough to support themselves
(c) publish frequently
(d) become very wealthy
3. Teruel had been the site of:
(a) a major battle in the Spanish Civil War
(b) a big festival
(c) a major strike
(d) the end of the Spanish Civil War
4. The saint worshiped at Avila is:
5. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(d) birth defects
6. The colors of the cape are:
(a) the colors of the bull ring
(b) magenta and yellow
(c) red and blue
(d) the colors of the matador
7. Where did Isabel die?
8. Michener describes the journey across northern Spain to Santiago de Compostella as:
(d) the finest in Spain and one of the three best in the world
9. While walking around Teruel, Michener found:
(a) a shopping mall
(b) a newspaper office
(c) a television studio
(d) a motorcycle race track
10. Who shows Michener around Teruel?
(a) a hotel guide
(b) the director of publicity
(c) a priest
(d) the mayor
11. How long did the battle for Teruel last?
(a) 69 days
(b) three weeks
(c) two weeks
(d) six months
12. Michener claims to have seen how many bullfights?
13. Who were the Suecas?
(a) Fins, Norwegians, Danes and Germans
(b) a singing group
(c) a slamenco group
(d) strolling ministrals
14. The architecture of Northern Spain is:
15. What is significant about Estrella?
(a) there is a big bull ranch
(b) they make a famous wine
(c) it is the only place in Spain where women can fight bulls
(d) it is a major trading center
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
2. The Rastro is a:
3. The bulls that give the best fight are from:
4. Which of the following was not true of Gibraltar:
5. This pilgrimage across Spain is known as:
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)