|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
(a) there had been an oil spill
(b) the seacoast was being preserved
(c) the seashore had deteriorated
(d) it was developed with apartment buildings and resorts
2. The most popular matador was:
(a) Antonio Ordonet
(d) El Cordobes
3. Michener travels to Alcala de Henares to visit:
(a) the ruins of Cisneros' university
(b) art museum
(d) the tertulia
4. The highlight of the feast of San Fermin is the:
(a) running of the bulls
(b) speech by the President
(d) blessing of new priests
5. The bulls run a distance of:
(a) nine nundred yards
(b) one mile
(c) one and one half miles
(d) seventeen hundred yards
6. Along the route is the shrine to:
(a) the Virgin of Fatima
(b) the Virgin of El Puy
(c) the Virgin of Guadaloupe
(d) the Virgin of Lourdes
7. What is a famous wine of the region?
(a) the red wine of Rioja
(d) while wine from Estrella
8. The tertulia is a:
(c) social club
9. The onset of the running of the bulls is signaled by:
(a) the blast of a whlstle
(b) the explosion of fireworks rockets
(c) the drop of a flag
10. The patron saint of Spain is:
(a) St. Augustin
(b) St. Juan
(c) St. Teresa
(d) St. James
11. What illness plagued many members of Spanish royalty?
(d) birth defects
12. Where did Isabel die?
13. What did Isabel do as she moved from place to place?
(a) demanded tax money
(b) carried the remains of her husband with her
(c) established herself as regent
(d) bore illigitimate children
14. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
(a) President Zaomoa
(b) Prince Juan Carlos
(c) Generalisimo France
(d) Ernest Hemingway
15. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
(c) political books on Franco
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Spanish city had the most personal meaning for Michener?
2. What form of entertainment did the Micheners enjoy so much in Barcelona?
3. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
4. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
5. Michener describes Barcelona as the:
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)