|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prado is a famous:
2. Sets of robes for the Virgin of Guadeloupe are all but the following?
(a) made of stone
(b) embellished with precious jewels
(c) from various parts of the world
3. When Michener first arrives in Pamplona, he sees men:
(a) wearing brightly colored straw hats
(b) sleeping in the streets
(c) with garlic strings around their necks
(d) wearing tunics with hoods
4. What did Spanish royalty do with their illegitimate daughters?
(a) adopted them so they were legitimate
(b) had them killed
(c) placed them in convents at an early age
(d) treated them as equals
5. Who walks into the Bar Txoco when Michener is there?
(a) Prince Juan Carlos
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) President Zaomoa
(d) Generalisimo France
6. The site of the picnic at Roncesvalles is a significant site:
(a) in Franco's war against the Republicans
(b) of a Great Mosque
(c) in the Greek invasion of Spain
(d) in the Christians' fight against Islam
7. While walking around Teruel, Michener found:
(a) a shopping mall
(b) a newspaper office
(c) a motorcycle race track
(d) a television studio
8. Paths to the Way of St. James come from:
9. On the way to Teruel, Michener stopped in:
10. Regarding bullfighting, Michener's major interest has always been with:
(a) the socializaiton
(b) the matador
(c) the press coverage
(d) the bull
11. The tertulia is a:
(b) social club
12. Banderrilas are:
(a) the matador's crew
(b) short colorful sticks placed in the bull's shoulders
(c) the pants of the matador
(d) young bulls
13. In terms of publishing, what sells well?
(d) political books on Franco
14. The onset of the running of the bulls is signaled by:
(b) the explosion of fireworks rockets
(c) the drop of a flag
(d) the blast of a whlstle
15. What does Michener learn of the publishing business in Spain?
(a) both books and magazines sell well
(b) books sell well
(c) magazines sell well
(d) neither books nor magazines sell well
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michener returned to the village of San Augustin, he found all but the following:
2. How long did the battle for Teruel last?
3. The patron saint of Spain is:
4. What did Michener discover had occurred along the Mediterranean sea coast since his last visit three years earlier?
5. Benjamin of Tudela did all but the following:
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)