|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michener recommends that travelers visit Sevilla:
(a) during summer
(b) at any time
(c) during the period before Easter
(d) for the Christmas holidays
2. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
(d) Viva yo
3. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
4. The book opens with a freighter traveling to Spain from:
(c) United States
5. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a dude ranch
(b) is a museum
(c) is a large resort hotel
(d) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
6. Codified law was first introduced to the area by:
(a) the Visigoths
(b) the Goths
(c) Queen Isabel
(d) the Romans
7. At the time of Michener's visit to Badajoz, the leader of Spain is:
(a) President Zamora
(b) Queen Isabel
(c) Generalisimo Franco
(d) King Carlos
8. Las Marismas is located:
(a) in the Basque region
(b) near Madrid
(c) on the Costa del Sol
(d) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
9. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) the waiter eas rude
(b) the partons were badly behaved
(c) it was too touristy
(d) he had a bad seat
10. Las Marismas contains:
(a) ski areas
(b) World War II monuments
(c) many wildlife areas
(d) big resorts
11. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
12. Where does the freighter stop to pick up oranges?
13. Sevilla is described as:
(a) about the same age as Madrid
(b) a relatively new city
(c) more modern than Madrid
(d) two thousand years older than Madrid
14. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
(a) plan their itinerary
(b) learn the language
(c) read travel books
(d) see a performance of Don Juan Tenorio
15. What is the name of the large wildlife preserve in Las Marismas?
(a) Coto Donana
(b) El Rochio
(c) the Alhambra
Short Answer Questions
1. Michener spends his first evening in Badajoz:
2. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
3. Michener's first impressions of Toledo was that it was:
4. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
5. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)