|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Badajoz, Michener visits all but which one of the following cities in the Extremadura:
2. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
(a) Easter Parade
(b) Spring Feria
(c) Festival of Light
(d) Mardi Gras
3. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
(a) see it from afar
(b) engage a tour guide
(c) hire a taxi
(d) know its history
4. The bright orange on the tree trunks indicates that the trunks were:
(b) stripped for cork
(c) freshly watered
5. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
(a) Viva yo
6. After the bull fight, the American went to:
(a) a concert
(b) a bar
(c) his hotel
(d) a flamenco dance performance
7. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
(a) they work as merchants in the town
(b) they leave for Germany or Barcelona and send home money
(c) they work for their fathers
(d) they work hard on their peasant plots
8. Seneca was a great:
(a) a business man
(d) medical man
9. The festivities take place over a period of:
(a) one week
(b) ten days
(c) two weeks
(d) three to five weeks
10. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
(a) a gallery of El Grecos
(b) A World War II battle site
(c) the memorial to Carlos
(d) a memorial to Franco
11. What was the American's impressions of his first bullfight?
(a) he didn't like it
(b) he found it barbaric
(c) he found it sickening
(d) he was very impressed
12. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
(a) so beautiful that its variety could never be exhausted
13. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) the waiter eas rude
(b) the partons were badly behaved
(c) he had a bad seat
(d) it was too touristy
14. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
(a) the Basque region
(b) the Extremadura region
15. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird populates Las Marismas that is sold throughout Europe as pets?
2. Codified law was first introduced to the area by:
3. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
4. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
5. What is so impressive about the Toledo cathedral?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)