|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
2. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
(a) art gallery
(c) shopping center
3. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
4. Las Marismas is:
(a) a wealthy part of the country
(b) a rich agricultural area
(c) a swamp land
(d) in the high country
5. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
6. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
7. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
(a) the tradition of Spanish names
(b) there are no businessmen in Badajoz
(c) that he should not ask questions
(d) why he is not welcome at the club
8. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
(d) so beautiful that its variety could never be exhausted
9. The Mozarabes:
(a) conquered Toledo
(b) were pagans
(c) developed their own style of Christian Mass
(d) were heretics
10. Las Marismas is located:
(a) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(b) near Madrid
(c) on the Costa del Sol
(d) in the Basque region
11. The Great Mosque at Medinat az-Zahra had been converted into a:
12. Cordoba represents:
(a) the Costa del Sol
(b) Islamic Spain
(c) a major resort area
(d) the Basque region
13. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
(a) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
(b) he couldn't speak the language
(c) the food was bad
(d) it was too expensive
14. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
15. Michener travels to Las Marismas to visit:
(a) a bull ranch
(b) the seaport
(c) a friend
(d) the palace
Short Answer Questions
1. Damascene is:
2. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
3. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
4. The author describes Spain as:
5. What is the Alcazar?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)