|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the hospitals in Spain?
(a) they are paid for with tax dollars
(b) various organizations
(c) the church
(d) the government
2. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
(b) Queen Isabel
(c) El Greco
3. Damascene is:
(a) a form of china
(b) a famous Spanish painter
(c) a dish of rice and chicken
(d) an item made from steel overlaid with gold
4. Michener spends his first evening in Badajoz:
(b) in the hotel lobby
(c) sitting in the plaza watching and talking to the people
(d) in the cathedral
5. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
6. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
(a) the Moors
(b) the Romans
(c) the Visigoths
(d) the Goths
7. In his Speculations, the American compares Spain to:
(b) the United States
8. Las Marismas is located:
(a) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(b) on the Costa del Sol
(c) near Madrid
(d) in the Basque region
9. The participants from each parish are referred to as a:
10. What does Michener learn of the young men of the village in Extremadura?
(a) they work as merchants in the town
(b) they work hard on their peasant plots
(c) they work for their fathers
(d) they leave for Germany or Barcelona and send home money
11. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
12. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a museum
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a large resort hotel
(d) is a dude ranch
13. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
14. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
(b) the President
(c) the hotel clerk
(d) the mayor
15. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
(a) Jose Antonio
(b) Jesus Christo
(d) Corpus Christi
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
2. What kind of candy is a Spanish delicacy?
3. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
4. The festivities take place over a period of:
5. Who shows the American around Castellon?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)