|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
(a) he couldn't speak the language
(b) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
(c) the food was bad
(d) it was too expensive
2. The people of Teruel are described as:
(a) middle class
(c) poor peasants
3. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
4. In what year did the Christians expel the Moors from Cordoba?
5. Las Marismas contains:
(a) big resorts
(b) ski areas
(c) many wildlife areas
(d) World War II monuments
6. Las Marismas is:
(a) in the high country
(b) a swamp land
(c) a wealthy part of the country
(d) a rich agricultural area
7. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
8. Who is the artist who painted "The Burial of Court Orgaz" and other famous works?
(a) El Prago
(c) El Greco
9. Michener felt his hotel room was:
(b) too expensive
(c) hot, cramped and noisy
10. The festivities take place over a period of:
(a) two weeks
(b) ten days
(c) one week
(d) three to five weeks
11. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
(a) so beautiful that its variety could never be exhausted
12. Before leaving Valencia, who does the American meet?
(a) a beautiful woman
(b) the President of Spain
(c) the bargeman
(d) a news reporter
13. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
14. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a dude ranch
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a large resort hotel
(d) is a museum
15. Many Spanish heroes who came to America were from:
(b) the Basque region
(c) the Extremadura region
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird populates Las Marismas that is sold throughout Europe as pets?
2. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
3. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
4. At the end of the fiesta, the American saw his first:
5. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)