|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
(a) Jesus Christo
(b) Jose Antonio
(d) Corpus Christi
2. The festivities preceding Easter are called the:
(a) Festival of Light
(b) Spring Feria
(c) Mardi Gras
(d) Easter Parade
3. What Spanish phrase does Michener consider to be essential:
(d) Viva yo
4. Damascene is:
(a) a form of china
(b) a famous Spanish painter
(c) a dish of rice and chicken
(d) an item made from steel overlaid with gold
5. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
6. The people of Teruel are described as:
(a) poor peasants
(d) middle class
7. How many parts are there to the festivities preceding Easter?
8. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
(b) the mayor
(c) the hotel clerk
(d) the President
9. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
10. The tombs of Ferdinand and Isabel are located in:
11. Why didn't Michener enjoy the flamenco dance in Cordoba?
(a) the waiter eas rude
(b) it was too touristy
(c) he had a bad seat
(d) the partons were badly behaved
12. The Great Mosque at Medinat az-Zahra had been converted into a:
13. What problems did Michener have at the first restaurant he visited?
(a) the food was bad
(b) it was too expensive
(c) he couldn't speak the language
(d) he didn't ask for the tourist menu
14. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
(c) art gallery
(d) shopping center
15. Badajoz is located in a region called:
(d) Costa del Sol
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the American travel to Teruel?
2. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
3. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
4. What was the American's impressions of his first bullfight?
5. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)