|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
(a) the Visigoths
(b) the Goths
(c) the Moors
(d) the Romans
2. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
(b) art gallery
(d) shopping center
3. The procession takes place through:
(a) the main shopping area
(b) the sierpes
(c) around the cathedral
(d) the cathedral
4. The average man in Badajoz is:
(a) in various businesses
(b) a merchant
(c) an entertainer
(d) a farmer
5. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
6. Cordoba is located on the:
(a) Rio Tajo
(b) Rio Guadalquivir
(c) Rio Lisboa
(d) Rio Grande
7. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
8. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
9. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
(a) Queen Isabel
(b) El Greco
10. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
(a) the tradition of Spanish names
(b) there are no businessmen in Badajoz
(c) why he is not welcome at the club
(d) that he should not ask questions
11. Where does the freighter stop to pick up oranges?
12. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
(a) Juana la Loca
(c) Juan Carlos
13. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
(a) sports clothes
(b) black suits
(c) hooded tunic costumes
(d) white suits
14. The Alhambra is:
(a) a shopping center
(b) a famous church
(c) a collection of buildings and castles with gardens and fountains
(d) a hotel
15. Las Marismas is located:
(a) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(b) in the Basque region
(c) near Madrid
(d) on the Costa del Sol
Short Answer Questions
1. The oranges were shipped in:
2. In his Speculations, the American compares Spain to:
3. Before leaving Valencia, who does the American meet?
4. Badajoz is located in a region called:
5. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)