|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mozarabes:
(a) were pagans
(b) conquered Toledo
(c) were heretics
(d) developed their own style of Christian Mass
2. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
3. When Michener told the hotel clerk in Badajoz that he planned to remain for a month, the clerk:
(a) lowered the price of the room
(b) maintained the same price of the room
(c) raised the price of the room
(d) offered free meals
4. In his Speculations, the American compares Spain to:
(b) the United States
5. The procession takes place through:
(a) around the cathedral
(b) the cathedral
(c) the main shopping area
(d) the sierpes
6. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
(a) so beautiful that its variety could never be exhausted
7. Las Marismas is located:
(a) near Madrid
(b) on the Guadalquivir in the sourth of Spain
(c) on the Costa del Sol
(d) in the Basque region
8. Michener recommends that travelers visit Sevilla:
(a) during the period before Easter
(b) for the Christmas holidays
(c) at any time
(d) during summer
9. How many days of processions are there for the parishes?
10. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
(a) a memorial to Franco
(b) a gallery of El Grecos
(c) the memorial to Carlos
(d) A World War II battle site
11. What is the principle city in the Las Marismas area?
12. Sevilla is described as:
(a) about the same age as Madrid
(b) a relatively new city
(c) more modern than Madrid
(d) two thousand years older than Madrid
13. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
(a) Jose Antonio
(b) Corpus Christi
(c) Jesus Christo
14. Where else had the American traveled as he did in Spain?
15. Who is not one of the noble panopoly of four kings?
(a) Juan Carlos
(d) Juana la Loca
Short Answer Questions
1. The oranges were shipped in:
2. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
3. Cordoba was a center of:
4. What part of Cordoba does Michener describe as enchanting?
5. Codified law was first introduced to the area by:
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)