|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each parish church is represented by:
(a) a sign with the name
(b) the pastor
(c) a pennant
(d) its own colors
2. Who is the artist who painted "The Burial of Court Orgaz" and other famous works?
(b) El Greco
(d) El Prago
3. Michener journeys to Medinat az-Zahra to visit a:
4. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(a) Queen Victoria
(b) Christopher Columbus
(d) Juan Carlos
5. Who is not one of the artists who works are in the Toledo cathedral?
6. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
(a) darts with streamers attached
7. In the Toledo cathedral, there is a memorial to:
(b) Queen Isabel
(d) El Greco
8. Cordoba was a center of:
(a) Islamic culture
(b) a World War II memorial
(c) great universities
(d) a Civil War memorial
9. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
10. The oranges were shipped in:
(a) wooden crates
(d) steel barrels
11. Michener travels to the Gredos mountains to see:
(a) a gallery of El Grecos
(b) the memorial to Carlos
(c) a memorial to Franco
(d) A World War II battle site
12. Maimonides was a:
(a) religious philosopher
(c) medical man
13. Michener travels to Las Marismas to visit:
(a) a friend
(b) the palace
(c) a bull ranch
(d) the seaport
14. How many days of processions are there for the parishes?
15. The club proprietor explains to Michener:
(a) the tradition of Spanish names
(b) there are no businessmen in Badajoz
(c) that he should not ask questions
(d) why he is not welcome at the club
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes Spain as:
2. In Valencia, who approaches the American about attending a bullfight?
3. Who shows the American around Castellon?
4. Sevilla is described as:
5. How many parts are there to the festivities preceding Easter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)