|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sailed from Sanlucar?
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Queen Victoria
(c) Juan Carlos
2. In Grenada, Michener visited the:
(a) art gallery
(b) shopping center
3. The Concha y Sierra:
(a) is a large resort hotel
(b) provides the best bulls in bull fighting
(c) is a museum
(d) is a dude ranch
4. Who invaded Cordoba in 711?
(a) the Moors
(b) the Visigoths
(c) the Romans
(d) the Goths
5. In what way did the American travel to Teruel?
(b) private car
6. Which of the following does not come from the Las Marismas area?
7. How many days of processions are there for the parishes?
8. After the bull fight, the American went to:
(a) a bar
(b) a flamenco dance performance
(c) a concert
(d) his hotel
9. The participants from each parish are referred to as a:
10. Damascene is:
(a) an item made from steel overlaid with gold
(b) a dish of rice and chicken
(c) a form of china
(d) a famous Spanish painter
11. In his Speculations, the American compares Spain to:
(c) the United States
12. The book opens with a freighter traveling to Spain from:
(c) United States
13. In Castellon, what did the women throw from the balconies?
(a) darts with streamers attached
14. Where does Michener travel for the Whitsuntide festival?
(a) El Rocio
15. Michener travels to Las Marismas to visit:
(a) a bull ranch
(b) the palace
(c) the seaport
(d) a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the four men whose birthplaces Michener wanted to see:
2. Who shows the American around Castellon?
3. Michener describes the Toledo cathedral as being:
4. Each parish church is represented by:
5. Las Marismas contains:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)