|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Madrid.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michener recommend travelers do before visiting Spain?
(a) read travel books
(b) see a performance of Don Juan Tenorio
(c) plan their itinerary
(d) learn the language
2. The bright orange on the tree trunks indicates that the trunks were:
(a) stripped for cork
(d) freshly watered
3. What is the Alcazar?
(a) the main shipping area
(b) a palace
(c) the central square
(d) a huge fortress in Toledo
4. After church on Palm Sunday, participants don:
(a) black suits
(b) sports clothes
(c) hooded tunic costumes
(d) white suits
5. The tertulia is a:
(d) social club
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Michener feel reveals the essence of Spanish history?
2. Michener felt his hotel room was:
3. To appreciate Toledo, one must:
4. What words does Michener find on all of the churches in Spain?
5. What problem did Michener find at the second restaurant?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)