|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brint tells Adam the sessions and the ___________ are helping him to progress more.
2. What did the Farmer/Delmonte family stop to eat when they reached a McDonald's along their journey?
3. Inducement ____________ and pre-knowledge interrogatory techniques have failed on Adam in his questioning.
4. What is the nickname that the old maintenance man has for Adam as he rides into the hospital?
5. Who had called with an emergency when Adam came home from the incomplete Number game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam seems to have a special relationship with Amy Hertz, though he is unable to talk to her during his journey.
Part 1: Why do you think Amy cared for Adam so much during his recollection of their times together?
Part 2: Why is Amy the only person who can calm Adam down when he is frightened?
Part 3: Do you think Amy is a real person or not? Support your answer with proof from the story.
Essay Topic 2
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
Essay Topic 3
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)