|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Adam's father used to do for his career before all of the chaos ensued?
2. What is the description of Adam's skin tones during this session of interrogation?
3. In what city does Adam plan to spend the night during his continuing bike journey?
4. Brint suggests that the ________ represents the key to his memories, which causes Adam to retreat so completely from the interrogation.
5. What is Whipper always trying to take away from Adam as he is biking around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam seems to have a special relationship with Amy Hertz, though he is unable to talk to her during his journey.
Part 1: Why do you think Amy cared for Adam so much during his recollection of their times together?
Part 2: Why is Amy the only person who can calm Adam down when he is frightened?
Part 3: Do you think Amy is a real person or not? Support your answer with proof from the story.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator of every story should be questioned by the reader, as their telling of the story affects what the reader knows - and doesn't know.
Part 1: Why do you think the author chose Adam to be the narrator of this story?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a reliable narrator for the story? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who might have been a better narrator for the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At various points of the story, it seems like a very weak person is pitted against someone very powerful - an uneven match-up.
Part 1: Do you think the Farmer/Delmonte family is helpless in their situation? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think the Witness Protection Program is effective? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the 'weaker' people in this story actually 'won' in the long term? (The secret doesn't seem to have gotten out.)
This section contains 1,717 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)