|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam's arm hurts from the _______ used on him at the hospital during his withdrawal period.
2. Who saw Amy and Adam during their last Number game together, even though they were unable to complete it?
3. What is the temperature like as Adam begins this new bike journey at the end of the book?
4. The wind that is coming up Adam's leg as he bikes is like a ___________.
5. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
Essay Topic 1
In a very real sense, Adam loses everything in this story - his identity, his mind, and his family.
Part 1: Do you think Adam had any chance of being a normal kid with a normal upbringing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Adam's parents made the right decision to go into witness protection? Why or why not?
Part 3: How else might Adam's parents have dealt with the situation in order to keep Adam's life normal and stable?
Essay Topic 2
The conversations with Dr. Brint at times seem harsh and yet eventually Adam does seem to remember more and reveal more.
Part 1: Why do you think Dr. Brint is so keen on finding out what Adam knows about his life?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam trusts Dr. Brint enough to continue talking with him?
Part 3: What are some ideas as to who Dr. Brint really is? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)