|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brint notes that Adam is alert and that his eyes are ___________.
2. Adam's father never told Adam all of the information so that he could never __________ anything.
3. __________ is very sorry for placing Adam and his mother in a difficult situation.
4. What did Adam say happened to him on his bike, instead of telling the man the truth?
5. What does the huge man ask Adam as he is trying to fix the situation with his bike? "Lose something, __________?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
Essay Topic 2
Paul refers to his medication at various points of the story, pointing to some sort of mental disorder.
Part 1: What kind of medication do you think Paul might be taking?
Part 2: Why doesn't Paul want to take his medication at the start of the story? Does this seem to be a wise decision? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might the story have been different had Paul taken his medication?
Essay Topic 3
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)