|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the couple in the car has had a stroke and is going to their doctor's appointment?
2. Brint suggests that the ________ represents the key to his memories, which causes Adam to retreat so completely from the interrogation.
3. What is the temperature like as Adam begins this new bike journey at the end of the book?
4. What was the government identification number that was used to identity Mr. Grey?
5. Where did the grey man and Adam's father used to go when they would have to talk to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At many times, the family seems to try to cling to normalcy in the flashbacks, even though things are far from normal.
Part 1: Why do you think the family continues to try to be normal?
Part 2: Do you think Adam knows on some level that things weren't actually as normal as they appeared? Why or why not?
Part 3: What might be a negative outcome of pretending that all is well when it actually isn't?
Essay Topic 2
While Adam seems to be a slightly older boy in the story, it also seems he has a lot of connection to his childhood.
Part 1: In what ways is Adam still like a child in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam chooses to sing "Farmer in the Dell" so many times?
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a mature person or an immature person? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Adam seems to have a special relationship with Amy Hertz, though he is unable to talk to her during his journey.
Part 1: Why do you think Amy cared for Adam so much during his recollection of their times together?
Part 2: Why is Amy the only person who can calm Adam down when he is frightened?
Part 3: Do you think Amy is a real person or not? Support your answer with proof from the story.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)