|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam realizes that his mother's sadness was actually __________, not the sadness he thought he saw.
2. What is the description of Adam's skin tones during this session of interrogation?
3. Who had called with an emergency when Adam came home from the incomplete Number game?
4. What did the Farmer/Delmonte family stop to eat when they reached a McDonald's along their journey?
5. ___________ attempts to start a session with Adam during this interrogation transcript section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam is a boy that seems to have just one purpose at the beginning of the book - to go see his father.
Part 1: Why does Adam want to go see his father? What are his reasons for traveling to see his father?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam wants to take his bike instead of another route?
Part 3: Why doesn't Adam call his father and ask him to pick him up instead of traveling to see his father?
Essay Topic 2
In a very real sense, Adam loses everything in this story - his identity, his mind, and his family.
Part 1: Do you think Adam had any chance of being a normal kid with a normal upbringing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Adam's parents made the right decision to go into witness protection? Why or why not?
Part 3: How else might Adam's parents have dealt with the situation in order to keep Adam's life normal and stable?
Essay Topic 3
While Adam seems to be a slightly older boy in the story, it also seems he has a lot of connection to his childhood.
Part 1: In what ways is Adam still like a child in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam chooses to sing "Farmer in the Dell" so many times?
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a mature person or an immature person? Why?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)