|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the huge man ask Adam as he is trying to fix the situation with his bike? "Lose something, __________?"
2. As Adam is nervous about the situation, his __________ is coming back and he begins to get nauseous.
3. How often did the grey many come to visit Adam and his family when they were all a part of each other's lives?
4. What had the old man seen sticking out of the ditch, which alerted them to the presence of Adam?
5. What is the name of the German Shepherd that likes to chase Adam on his bike and knock him over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 3
The narrator of every story should be questioned by the reader, as their telling of the story affects what the reader knows - and doesn't know.
Part 1: Why do you think the author chose Adam to be the narrator of this story?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a reliable narrator for the story? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who might have been a better narrator for the story? Why?
This section contains 1,749 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)