|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who answers at Amy's house says that he has had that phone number for how long?
2. The elderly man thought Adam looked like he was _________ when he was lying where he was.
3. In the box in the cellar were mementos from the family's past, including an old hat and an Army _______ of Adam's father's.
4. What is the name given to Adam Farmer in the annual report that is revealed in this section?
5. Who was the relative that Adam uncovered, though he'd been told he had no living relatives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Adam seems to be a slightly older boy in the story, it also seems he has a lot of connection to his childhood.
Part 1: In what ways is Adam still like a child in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam chooses to sing "Farmer in the Dell" so many times?
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a mature person or an immature person? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 3
In a very real sense, Adam loses everything in this story - his identity, his mind, and his family.
Part 1: Do you think Adam had any chance of being a normal kid with a normal upbringing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Adam's parents made the right decision to go into witness protection? Why or why not?
Part 3: How else might Adam's parents have dealt with the situation in order to keep Adam's life normal and stable?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)