|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing that Adam refuses to do during the timing of this interrogation?
2. What did Adam say happened to him on his bike, instead of telling the man the truth?
3. Who comes out to talk to the boy as he goes to get the bike?
4. In what city does Adam plan to spend the night during his continuing bike journey?
5. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam is a boy that seems to have just one purpose at the beginning of the book - to go see his father.
Part 1: Why does Adam want to go see his father? What are his reasons for traveling to see his father?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam wants to take his bike instead of another route?
Part 3: Why doesn't Adam call his father and ask him to pick him up instead of traveling to see his father?
Essay Topic 2
In a very real sense, Adam loses everything in this story - his identity, his mind, and his family.
Part 1: Do you think Adam had any chance of being a normal kid with a normal upbringing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Adam's parents made the right decision to go into witness protection? Why or why not?
Part 3: How else might Adam's parents have dealt with the situation in order to keep Adam's life normal and stable?
Essay Topic 3
Within the song, "The Farmer in the Dell," the line is - the cheese stands alone. And Adam points out that he is the cheese via the title and in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam equates himself with the cheese?
Part 2: What do you think it means that the cheese stands alone in the song?
Part 3: What does the title reveal about Adam and about the story as a whole?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)