|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam begins another day, riding his bicycle. This time, where is he headed?
2. Brint tells Adam: "I am always here to _________ you. Remember that."
3. Adam goes into deep __________ when topics of concern to the department are approached.
4. What is the name of the German Shepherd that likes to chase Adam on his bike and knock him over?
5. Where would Adam's mother sometimes talk even though it went against Mr. Grey's rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The conversations with Dr. Brint at times seem harsh and yet eventually Adam does seem to remember more and reveal more.
Part 1: Why do you think Dr. Brint is so keen on finding out what Adam knows about his life?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam trusts Dr. Brint enough to continue talking with him?
Part 3: What are some ideas as to who Dr. Brint really is? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Why?
Essay Topic 2
At many points of Adam's journey, he seems to have physical symptoms which make the journey difficult, yet he copes.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam continues to feel unwell as his bike ride continues?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a strong person or a weak person, based on the physical ailments he continues to have?
Part 3: Adam somehow copes with all of his physical symptoms, which shows his resourcefulness. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
It's fascinating to see an author use a very dark subject in order to tell a story for young adults.
Part 1: Do you think this story is realistic in its content? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think children should be sheltered from dark news and ideas? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think younger readers can benefit from this story? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)