|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Amy and Adam during their last Number game together, even though they were unable to complete it?
2. What is the description of Adam's skin tones during this session of interrogation?
3. What is the name given to Adam Farmer in the annual report that is revealed in this section?
4. As Adam is nervous about the situation, his __________ is coming back and he begins to get nauseous.
5. Adam is happy he did not take his ____________ that morning and that he is alert and clear.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At several points during the novel, Adam talks about becoming a writer when he grows up.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam wants to be a writer when he grows up?
Part 2: Do you think Adam would be a good writer or a good journalist? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does this say about Adam's feelings toward his father than he too wants to be a writer?
Essay Topic 2
Though Adam may not be growing up in the story itself, the story and his memories reveal the course of his life.
Part 1: Why do you think so many Young Adult books focus on coming of age issues?
Part 2: How do you think Adam grows up from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? Or doesn't he?
Part 3: In what ways does Adam come of age in this book? Describe some specific moments which point to Adam growing up.
Essay Topic 3
Adam is a boy that seems to have just one purpose at the beginning of the book - to go see his father.
Part 1: Why does Adam want to go see his father? What are his reasons for traveling to see his father?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam wants to take his bike instead of another route?
Part 3: Why doesn't Adam call his father and ask him to pick him up instead of traveling to see his father?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)