|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Adam when he bikes up to the front of the building he is drawn to?
2. Adam is happy he did not take his ____________ that morning and that he is alert and clear.
3. What had the old man seen sticking out of the ditch, which alerted them to the presence of Adam?
4. What does the boy do to his mother, which makes Adam angry at the boy?
5. Where would Adam's mother sometimes talk even though it went against Mr. Grey's rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam is trying to bring a package to his father as he goes on the bike ride to his final destination.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is trying to bring the package to his father when he takes the bike ride?
Part 2: What might Adam's package also symbolize within the story?
Part 3: What other items might have been good to bring to Adam's father? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Within the song, "The Farmer in the Dell," the line is - the cheese stands alone. And Adam points out that he is the cheese via the title and in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam equates himself with the cheese?
Part 2: What do you think it means that the cheese stands alone in the song?
Part 3: What does the title reveal about Adam and about the story as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)