|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Mr. Grey bring to Monument twice a year when he came to visit the family in Monument?
2. Adam's mom is afraid of the things that could happen, also known as the _______________.
3. Who is waiting for Adam when he bikes up to the front of the building he is drawn to?
4. What does the boy do to his mother, which makes Adam angry at the boy?
5. How often did the grey many come to visit Adam and his family when they were all a part of each other's lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's fascinating to see an author use a very dark subject in order to tell a story for young adults.
Part 1: Do you think this story is realistic in its content? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think children should be sheltered from dark news and ideas? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think younger readers can benefit from this story? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
At many points of Adam's journey, he seems to have physical symptoms which make the journey difficult, yet he copes.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam continues to feel unwell as his bike ride continues?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a strong person or a weak person, based on the physical ailments he continues to have?
Part 3: Adam somehow copes with all of his physical symptoms, which shows his resourcefulness. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Adam seems to be chasing his memories just as much as Dr. Brint is. Adam has no idea who he is at first, so the interrogations allow him to investigate his own life as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam has troubles remembering his true name and identity?
Part 2: Do you think Adam wants to remember his old life anymore? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think there's any chance that Adam can be a normal and well-adjusted boy anymore? Why or why not?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)