|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Adam done before the interrogation which makes Brint believe he is okay?
2. What is the name of the German Shepherd that likes to chase Adam on his bike and knock him over?
3. Adam realizes it is not the manner of ________ that matters on his journey, but that he reaches Rutterburg as soon as possible.
4. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
5. Who does Adam call into his room in order to talk more about what he remembers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a very real sense, Adam loses everything in this story - his identity, his mind, and his family.
Part 1: Do you think Adam had any chance of being a normal kid with a normal upbringing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Adam's parents made the right decision to go into witness protection? Why or why not?
Part 3: How else might Adam's parents have dealt with the situation in order to keep Adam's life normal and stable?
Essay Topic 2
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 3
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)