Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
2. In the box in the cellar were mementos from the family's past, including an old hat and an Army _______ of Adam's father's.
3. Brint tells Adam the sessions and the ___________ are helping him to progress more.
4. How long did Adam's father spend in giving testimony before the Senate Committee?
5. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
Within the song, "The Farmer in the Dell," the line is - the cheese stands alone. And Adam points out that he is the cheese via the title and in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam equates himself with the cheese?
Part 2: What do you think it means that the cheese stands alone in the song?
Part 3: What does the title reveal about Adam and about the story as a whole?
At various points of the story, it seems like a very weak person is pitted against someone very powerful - an uneven match-up.
Part 1: Do you think the Farmer/Delmonte family is helpless in their situation? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think the Witness Protection Program is effective? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the 'weaker' people in this story actually 'won' in the long term? (The secret doesn't seem to have gotten out.)
The narrator of every story should be questioned by the reader, as their telling of the story affects what the reader knows - and doesn't know.
Part 1: Why do you think the author chose Adam to be the narrator of this story?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a reliable narrator for the story? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who might have been a better narrator for the story? Why?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)