Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
2. In the box in the cellar were mementos from the family's past, including an old hat and an Army _______ of Adam's father's.
3. Brint tells Adam the sessions and the ___________ are helping him to progress more.
4. How long did Adam's father spend in giving testimony before the Senate Committee?
5. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
At several points during the novel, Adam talks about becoming a writer when he grows up.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam wants to be a writer when he grows up?
Part 2: Do you think Adam would be a good writer or a good journalist? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does this say about Adam's feelings toward his father than he too wants to be a writer?
Adam seems to be chasing his memories just as much as Dr. Brint is. Adam has no idea who he is at first, so the interrogations allow him to investigate his own life as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam has troubles remembering his true name and identity?
Part 2: Do you think Adam wants to remember his old life anymore? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think there's any chance that Adam can be a normal and well-adjusted boy anymore? Why or why not?
Adam is trying to bring a package to his father as he goes on the bike ride to his final destination.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is trying to bring the package to his father when he takes the bike ride?
Part 2: What might Adam's package also symbolize within the story?
Part 3: What other items might have been good to bring to Adam's father? Why?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)