|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the government identification number that was used to identity Mr. Grey?
2. Where is the bike that Adam is looking to find and to retrieve as his own?
3. What does the huge man ask Adam as he is trying to fix the situation with his bike? "Lose something, __________?"
4. Adam's father never told Adam all of the information so that he could never __________ anything.
5. What is another thing that Adam refuses to do during the timing of this interrogation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Within the song, "The Farmer in the Dell," the line is - the cheese stands alone. And Adam points out that he is the cheese via the title and in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam equates himself with the cheese?
Part 2: What do you think it means that the cheese stands alone in the song?
Part 3: What does the title reveal about Adam and about the story as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Adam is a boy that seems to have just one purpose at the beginning of the book - to go see his father.
Part 1: Why does Adam want to go see his father? What are his reasons for traveling to see his father?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam wants to take his bike instead of another route?
Part 3: Why doesn't Adam call his father and ask him to pick him up instead of traveling to see his father?
Essay Topic 3
Paul refers to his medication at various points of the story, pointing to some sort of mental disorder.
Part 1: What kind of medication do you think Paul might be taking?
Part 2: Why doesn't Paul want to take his medication at the start of the story? Does this seem to be a wise decision? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might the story have been different had Paul taken his medication?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)