|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the old man at the rest stop and the boy look at when the boy stops in Aswell on his bike trip?
2. Who does Adam think is now threatening him after he tries to make the phone call?
3. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
4. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
5. Who is in the role of the interrogator at the start of this book's interrogation scenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has failed during the interrogations between Adam and Brint, according to the report?
2. What is the conversation Adam has with himself as the rain begins to pour heavily on his bike journey?
3. Where does Adam find his bike as he lurks over to the boy's house where he suspects his bike is?
4. What has Adam been refusing in his location where the interrogations are being done?
5. How does Brint challenge Adam when Adam says that he does not believe that Brint is a doctor?
6. What were Adam and his father heading to the library for when they come upon the dog that attacks them?
7. When does Adam's mother get nervous and upset with him during his times with Amy?
8. Why have Adam's suspicions been aroused, according to Brint and their discussions?
9. Why were Adam and his parents taking that initial bus ride away from their home?
10. What does Adam now see that his mother was afraid of, as be recalls in his interrogations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam seems to have a special relationship with Amy Hertz, though he is unable to talk to her during his journey.
Part 1: Why do you think Amy cared for Adam so much during his recollection of their times together?
Part 2: Why is Amy the only person who can calm Adam down when he is frightened?
Part 3: Do you think Amy is a real person or not? Support your answer with proof from the story.
Essay Topic 2
The question of identity is one that continues to be asked throughout the story.
Part 1: Do you think that identity can only be defined in one way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a person's identity can change? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy to have more than one identity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At many points of Adam's journey, he seems to have physical symptoms which make the journey difficult, yet he copes.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam continues to feel unwell as his bike ride continues?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a strong person or a weak person, based on the physical ailments he continues to have?
Part 3: Adam somehow copes with all of his physical symptoms, which shows his resourcefulness. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)