|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
2. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
3. Adam is distressed as he feels as if he cannot even get a _______________ correct.
4. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
5. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Adam tries to call Amy from his bike journey in Carver?
2. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
3. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
4. How does Brint challenge Adam when Adam says that he does not believe that Brint is a doctor?
5. What does the man do when Adam offers him $25 to tell him where his bike has gone?
6. What does the rain do to Adam when he is traveling on his bike on his journey?
7. Why was Adam never suspicious of Mr. Grey when he started to come around his family's house so often?
8. What were Adam and his father heading to the library for when they come upon the dog that attacks them?
9. Even though Adam has enough money to take a bus to go see his dad, why does he choose to go by bike instead?
10. What questions does Adam want Brint to answer for him, though Brint does not answer them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam is a boy that seems to have just one purpose at the beginning of the book - to go see his father.
Part 1: Why does Adam want to go see his father? What are his reasons for traveling to see his father?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam wants to take his bike instead of another route?
Part 3: Why doesn't Adam call his father and ask him to pick him up instead of traveling to see his father?
Essay Topic 2
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
Essay Topic 3
Paul refers to his medication at various points of the story, pointing to some sort of mental disorder.
Part 1: What kind of medication do you think Paul might be taking?
Part 2: Why doesn't Paul want to take his medication at the start of the story? Does this seem to be a wise decision? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might the story have been different had Paul taken his medication?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)