|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Adam run into that leaves him terrified at the sight?
2. Where is the game that Amy invented played at, preferably during a very busy time?
3. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
4. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
5. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Adam has enough money to take a bus to go see his dad, why does he choose to go by bike instead?
2. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
3. What is the condition of the road when Adam continues on his journey from Carver to see his dad?
4. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
5. What has failed during the interrogations between Adam and Brint, according to the report?
6. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
7. How does Brint challenge Adam when Adam says that he does not believe that Brint is a doctor?
8. What does the final report have to say about the future of Adam in the hospital?
9. Why doesn't Adam tell Amy anything about his spying on his family?
10. Why did Adam's father go through with providing testimony in Washington DC before a Senate Committee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 2
Adam seems to be chasing his memories just as much as Dr. Brint is. Adam has no idea who he is at first, so the interrogations allow him to investigate his own life as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam has troubles remembering his true name and identity?
Part 2: Do you think Adam wants to remember his old life anymore? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think there's any chance that Adam can be a normal and well-adjusted boy anymore? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)