Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
2. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
3. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
4. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
5. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Adam and his parents taking that initial bus ride away from their home?
2. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
4. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
5. How did Adam feel about his father and about what he had done to provide testimony?
6. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
7. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
8. Why was Adam never suspicious of Mr. Grey when he started to come around his family's house so often?
9. When does Adam's mother get nervous and upset with him during his times with Amy?
10. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
At many points of Adam's journey, he seems to have physical symptoms which make the journey difficult, yet he copes.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam continues to feel unwell as his bike ride continues?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a strong person or a weak person, based on the physical ailments he continues to have?
Part 3: Adam somehow copes with all of his physical symptoms, which shows his resourcefulness. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
At many times, the family seems to try to cling to normalcy in the flashbacks, even though things are far from normal.
Part 1: Why do you think the family continues to try to be normal?
Part 2: Do you think Adam knows on some level that things weren't actually as normal as they appeared? Why or why not?
Part 3: What might be a negative outcome of pretending that all is well when it actually isn't?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)