|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the role of the interrogator at the start of this book's interrogation scenes?
2. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
3. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
4. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
5. What kind of dog does Adam run into that leaves him terrified at the sight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam now see that his mother was afraid of, as be recalls in his interrogations?
2. What does Adam think about Amy and about her position in his life?
3. What happens to Adam as the car travels slowly down the road to the city of Hookset?
4. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
5. Why have Adam's suspicions been aroused, according to Brint and their discussions?
6. What does Adam discover about his bike when the section begins and the bike journey continues?
7. The mention of the names causes Adam to end the interrogation. What are the names which cause Adam to end the questioning?
8. What has Adam been refusing in his location where the interrogations are being done?
9. What does Adam ask Brint about Paul Delmonte when the name is brought up again?
10. What does the man on the phone tell Adam about what he has been doing all day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 2
Paul refers to his medication at various points of the story, pointing to some sort of mental disorder.
Part 1: What kind of medication do you think Paul might be taking?
Part 2: Why doesn't Paul want to take his medication at the start of the story? Does this seem to be a wise decision? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might the story have been different had Paul taken his medication?
Essay Topic 3
Adam is trying to bring a package to his father as he goes on the bike ride to his final destination.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is trying to bring the package to his father when he takes the bike ride?
Part 2: What might Adam's package also symbolize within the story?
Part 3: What other items might have been good to bring to Adam's father? Why?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)