|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
2. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
3. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
4. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
5. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation Adam has with himself as the rain begins to pour heavily on his bike journey?
2. Why can't Adam call Amy when he arrives at the Howard Johnson's, even though he does call her anyway?
3. Why doesn't Adam tell Amy anything about his spying on his family?
4. How did Robert Cormier come up with the idea for his second novel, I AM THE CHEESE?
5. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
6. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
7. When does Adam's mother get nervous and upset with him during his times with Amy?
8. What did Adam's father think was the hardest part about going into the Witness Protection Program?
9. What has failed during the interrogations between Adam and Brint, according to the report?
10. What is the mild threat that Brint gives to Adam when Adam will not respond to him during the interrogation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Adam Farmer is seen to be a bit of a frightened person at times, other times he demonstrates bravery.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam is seen as a frightened person? What is the proof he is fearful?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam could also been seen as a very brave person? Cite your proof.
Part 3: Do you think Adam is a brave person or a frightened person? Or is he a mix of the two?
Essay Topic 2
At several points during the novel, Adam talks about becoming a writer when he grows up.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam wants to be a writer when he grows up?
Part 2: Do you think Adam would be a good writer or a good journalist? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does this say about Adam's feelings toward his father than he too wants to be a writer?
Essay Topic 3
The conversations with Dr. Brint at times seem harsh and yet eventually Adam does seem to remember more and reveal more.
Part 1: Why do you think Dr. Brint is so keen on finding out what Adam knows about his life?
Part 2: Why do you think Adam trusts Dr. Brint enough to continue talking with him?
Part 3: What are some ideas as to who Dr. Brint really is? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Why?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)