|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam begins to talk excitedly about the _________ man that is in his memory.
2. The boy wants to make the bike trip without any _________, so he puts them in the garbage disposal.
3. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
4. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
5. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brint tell Adam when he finds out Adam has been refusing all of things he has been refusing?
2. Where does Adam find his bike as he lurks over to the boy's house where he suspects his bike is?
3. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
4. What does Adam's mother do on Thursdays when she is at her happiest?
5. When does Adam's mother get nervous and upset with him during his times with Amy?
6. What did Adam's father think was the hardest part about going into the Witness Protection Program?
7. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
8. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
9. What does Adam discover in his father's desk when he steals a key to open up the drawer?
10. What is the mild threat that Brint gives to Adam when Adam will not respond to him during the interrogation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam seems to be chasing his memories just as much as Dr. Brint is. Adam has no idea who he is at first, so the interrogations allow him to investigate his own life as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam has troubles remembering his true name and identity?
Part 2: Do you think Adam wants to remember his old life anymore? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think there's any chance that Adam can be a normal and well-adjusted boy anymore? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Adam's parents had to make a tough decision to first keep Adam away from the truth and then to include him in the truth.
Part 1: Do you think Adam's parents should have told him about the troubles his father was in? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might have happened to Adam had his parents not told him anything?
Part 3: Why was it a good idea that Adam's father never told him any specifics about what their secret was?
Essay Topic 3
At many points of Adam's journey, he seems to have physical symptoms which make the journey difficult, yet he copes.
Part 1: Why do you think Adam continues to feel unwell as his bike ride continues?
Part 2: Do you think Adam is a strong person or a weak person, based on the physical ailments he continues to have?
Part 3: Adam somehow copes with all of his physical symptoms, which shows his resourcefulness. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
This section contains 2,110 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)