|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
2. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
3. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
(a) The gas station
(b) The restaurant
(c) The police station
(d) The library
4. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Paul Delmonte
(b) Adam Farmer
(c) Mr. Fog
(d) Mr. Black
5. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
2. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
3. Adam is pleased he can __________ himself so easily and thinks that maybe he can go to other places as well.
4. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
5. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
2. Why did Adam's father go through with providing testimony in Washington DC before a Senate Committee?
3. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
4. What does Adam realize is the dog's intention for him when he is riding his bike?
5. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
6. How did Robert Cormier come up with the idea for his second novel, I AM THE CHEESE?
7. What does Adam hope when the troublemakers come to hassle Adam on his bike?
8. What questions does Adam want Brint to answer for him, though Brint does not answer them?
9. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
10. What happens when Adam tries to call Amy from his bike journey in Carver?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)