|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
2. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
3. Adam is pleased he can __________ himself so easily and thinks that maybe he can go to other places as well.
4. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(a) Police station
(c) Grocery store
(d) Gas station
5. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
(a) The janitor's closet
(b) The grocery store
(c) His bedroom
(d) Under the footballl stands
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
2. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
3. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
4. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
5. On the day that Adam's mother is the happiest, she has a special _________ hour that she enjoys in her bedroom.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Adam's father go through with providing testimony in Washington DC before a Senate Committee?
2. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
3. What does Adam ask Brint about Paul Delmonte when the name is brought up again?
4. Even though Adam has enough money to take a bus to go see his dad, why does he choose to go by bike instead?
5. What does Adam tell the boys about his bike, which only arouses their curiosity in it and in Adam?
6. How does Brint challenge Adam when Adam says that he does not believe that Brint is a doctor?
7. How did Adam feel about his father and about what he had done to provide testimony?
8. What is the condition of the road when Adam continues on his journey from Carver to see his dad?
9. What does the man on the phone tell Adam about what he has been doing all day?
10. What happens when Adam tries to call Amy from his bike journey in Carver?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)