|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
2. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
3. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
4. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
5. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adam steal in order to get into his father's desk where all the important papers were kept?
2. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
3. What is a word that might be used to describe Adam's current state of mind?
4. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
5. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brint tell Adam when he finds out Adam has been refusing all of things he has been refusing?
2. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
3. What happens when Adam tries to call Amy from his bike journey in Carver?
4. Why can't Adam call Amy when he arrives at the Howard Johnson's, even though he does call her anyway?
5. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
6. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
7. What does Adam discover in his father's desk when he steals a key to open up the drawer?
8. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
9. What is the conversation Adam has with himself as the rain begins to pour heavily on his bike journey?
10. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)