|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the old man at the rest stop and the boy look at when the boy stops in Aswell on his bike trip?
(a) A soda
(b) A map
(c) A car
2. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Mr. Fog
(b) Mr. Black
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Adam Farmer
3. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
4. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
(a) The gas station
(b) The restaurant
(c) The police station
(d) The library
5. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The popcorn vendors
(b) The restaurant owners
(c) The wise guys
(d) The dogs
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other three guys in the restaurant eating as Adam sits alone with his meal?
2. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
3. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
4. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
5. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adam's father think was the hardest part about going into the Witness Protection Program?
2. What questions does Adam want Brint to answer for him, though Brint does not answer them?
3. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
4. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
5. Why were Adam and his parents taking that initial bus ride away from their home?
6. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
7. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
8. What does Adam ask Brint about Paul Delmonte when the name is brought up again?
9. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
10. Who are the other customers in the restaurant where Adam is sitting and eating clam chowder?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)