|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name the the old man gives to the hat the boy wears in remembrance of his father?
(c) Ball cap
2. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
3. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
(a) His father
(b) Mr. Gray
(c) His mother's sister
(d) Paul Delmonte
4. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
5. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
2. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
3. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
4. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
5. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Adam call Amy when he arrives at the Howard Johnson's, even though he does call her anyway?
2. What did Adam's father think was the hardest part about going into the Witness Protection Program?
3. Though Adam is not responsive to Brint, what is his physical status, according to Brint's notes?
4. What did Adam's father used to tease him about when Adam is just a child?
5. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
6. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
7. How did Robert Cormier come up with the idea for his second novel, I AM THE CHEESE?
8. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
9. Why does Adam's arm hurt so much, according to the narrative at the beginning of the section?
10. What questions does Adam want Brint to answer for him, though Brint does not answer them?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)