|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam focus his attention on finding as he is waiting to call his friend?
(d) His package
2. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(d) His sister
3. Brint tells Adam to __________ and let the thoughts from his memory come, but this doesn't work.
4. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) A fog is rolling in
(c) Sunshine comes out
(d) Winds begin
5. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) In his life
(b) At the beginning
(c) In relation to Amy
(d) Trying to connect him to
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
2. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
3. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
4. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
5. What is a word that might be used to describe Adam's current state of mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam discover about his bike when the section begins and the bike journey continues?
2. Why have Adam's suspicions been aroused, according to Brint and their discussions?
3. How did Robert Cormier come up with the idea for his second novel, I AM THE CHEESE?
4. What does Adam feel like when he awakens from his sleep in the middle of the night?
5. What does Brint tell Adam when he finds out Adam has been refusing all of things he has been refusing?
6. What did Adam's father used to tease him about when Adam is just a child?
7. The mention of the names causes Adam to end the interrogation. What are the names which cause Adam to end the questioning?
8. What does the old maintenance man always do, according to the narrative?
9. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
10. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)