|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) A fog is rolling in
(b) Sunshine comes out
(c) It begins to rain
(d) Winds begin
2. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
3. What is the scent of perfume that the boy remembers as being something his mother used to wear?
4. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
5. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
2. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
3. Who does Adam think is now threatening him after he tries to make the phone call?
4. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
5. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Adam's suspicions been aroused, according to Brint and their discussions?
2. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
3. What does Adam hope when the troublemakers come to hassle Adam on his bike?
4. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
5. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
6. What is the condition of the road when Adam continues on his journey from Carver to see his dad?
7. What does the rain do to Adam when he is traveling on his bike on his journey?
8. Why does Adam's arm hurt so much, according to the narrative at the beginning of the section?
9. Who are the other customers in the restaurant where Adam is sitting and eating clam chowder?
10. What is Whipper always trying to do to Adam as he rides his bike around the hospital?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)