|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam doesn't think the place where he's at smells like a ___________, so he is confused as to where he is.
2. Finally, Adam decides he will continue on to ______________, even though he is not sure he is strong enough.
3. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Robert Cormier
(c) Dr. Brint
(d) Adam Farmer
4. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
(a) Amy Hertz
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) His mother
5. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
Short Answer Questions
1. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
2. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
3. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
4. What does Adam focus his attention on finding as he is waiting to call his friend?
5. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Adam has enough money to take a bus to go see his dad, why does he choose to go by bike instead?
2. What is Whipper always trying to do to Adam as he rides his bike around the hospital?
3. Why does Adam reach out to Amy with a phone call during his bike journey?
4. What does the old man tell Adam about the world as he stops off during his bike ride journey?
5. What is Adam relieved to see about the long, level, and straight road before him when he is on his bike?
6. Though Adam is not responsive to Brint, what is his physical status, according to Brint's notes?
7. What does Adam hope when the troublemakers come to hassle Adam on his bike?
8. What is Amy's reaction to Adam's dream of becoming a writer?
9. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
10. Why does Adam get mad at the boy as he is watching an interaction between the boy and his mother?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)