|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
2. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
(a) He becomes angry
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He vomits
(d) His head hurts
3. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) Trying to connect him to
(b) In his life
(c) In relation to Amy
(d) At the beginning
4. Where does Adam wake up in a panic in the middle of the night?
(a) His home
(c) Rest stop
(d) Hospital room
5. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other three guys in the restaurant eating as Adam sits alone with his meal?
2. Adam believes the dog's intention is to topple the bike, send it askew, and have him crash into the road, his _________.
3. Adam decides he does not want to look any further into the truth about _________.
4. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
5. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Adam relieved to see about the long, level, and straight road before him when he is on his bike?
2. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
3. Why does Adam reach out to Amy with a phone call during his bike journey?
4. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
5. Why didn't Adam share his secret with Amy during this time after he found out what was happening?
6. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
7. What does the man do when Adam offers him $25 to tell him where his bike has gone?
8. What does Adam tell the boys about his bike, which only arouses their curiosity in it and in Adam?
9. What is Whipper always trying to do to Adam as he rides his bike around the hospital?
10. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)