Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(a) Gas station
(b) Grocery store
(d) Police station
2. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
(c) Rhode Island
3. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The food Adam bought
(b) Adam's package
(c) The dog
(d) Adam's newspaper
4. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
(a) Dr. Brint
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) Allison Hertz
5. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
(b) Andy Delmonte
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Allison Hertz
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other three guys in the restaurant eating as Adam sits alone with his meal?
2. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
3. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
4. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
5. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Adam and his parents taking that initial bus ride away from their home?
2. What is Adam planning to do in the morning when he awakens at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
4. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
5. How did Adam feel about his father and about what he had done to provide testimony?
6. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
7. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
8. Why was Adam never suspicious of Mr. Grey when he started to come around his family's house so often?
9. When does Adam's mother get nervous and upset with him during his times with Amy?
10. Where did Adam and his family stop when they were out looking for a motel on their adventure?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)