|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
2. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's the family's theme song
(b) It doesn't mean anything
(c) It's stupid
(d) It is a code for him to remember
3. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
4. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
(a) Amy Hertz
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) Dr. Brint
(d) Allison Hertz
5. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
2. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
3. Finally, Adam decides he will continue on to ______________, even though he is not sure he is strong enough.
4. The _________ in Adam increases, though he tries not to take a pill or a shot to calm down.
5. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Adam share his secret with Amy during this time after he found out what was happening?
2. What is Adam relieved to see about the long, level, and straight road before him when he is on his bike?
3. What happened when the Farmer family pulled to the side of the road to pretend they were looking at the countryside?
4. How does Brint challenge Adam when Adam says that he does not believe that Brint is a doctor?
5. What has Adam been refusing in his location where the interrogations are being done?
6. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
7. What does Adam think about Amy and about her position in his life?
8. What does the man on the phone tell Adam about what he has been doing all day?
9. What does Adam tell the boys about his bike, which only arouses their curiosity in it and in Adam?
10. What does Adam's mother do on Thursdays when she is at her happiest?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)