|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
2. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
3. What kind of dog does Adam run into that leaves him terrified at the sight?
(a) Shih Tzu
(b) Golden Retriever
(c) Shiba Inu
(d) German Shepherd
4. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
5. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) Wise guy
(b) A fairy
(c) A giraffe
(d) A pig
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
2. Adam doesn't think the place where he's at smells like a ___________, so he is confused as to where he is.
3. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
4. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
5. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Adam as the car travels slowly down the road to the city of Hookset?
2. What is Amy's reaction to Adam's dream of becoming a writer?
3. How did Adam feel about his father and about what he had done to provide testimony?
4. Why was Adam never suspicious of Mr. Grey when he started to come around his family's house so often?
5. What does Adam ask Brint about Paul Delmonte when the name is brought up again?
6. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
7. Where does Adam find his bike as he lurks over to the boy's house where he suspects his bike is?
8. What does the old maintenance man always do, according to the narrative?
9. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
10. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)