|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
(c) Piece of his identity
(d) Person he knows
2. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Mr. Black
(b) Mr. Fog
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Adam Farmer
3. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
4. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's stupid
(b) It's the family's theme song
(c) It is a code for him to remember
(d) It doesn't mean anything
5. What does Adam focus his attention on finding as he is waiting to call his friend?
(d) His package
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam hears the approach of a ____________ coming up on the road behind him.
2. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
3. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
4. What does Adam now feel he has to do in order to get away from those who might harm him?
5. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about Benton Falls, the place where Adam decides to spend the night as he continues his bike journey?
2. Why doesn't Adam tell Amy anything about his spying on his family?
3. What does Adam realize is the dog's intention for him when he is riding his bike?
4. Who are the other customers in the restaurant where Adam is sitting and eating clam chowder?
5. What were Adam and his father heading to the library for when they come upon the dog that attacks them?
6. Why didn't Adam share his secret with Amy during this time after he found out what was happening?
7. What is Adam relieved to see about the long, level, and straight road before him when he is on his bike?
8. Where does Adam find his bike as he lurks over to the boy's house where he suspects his bike is?
9. What questions does Adam want Brint to answer for him, though Brint does not answer them?
10. Who stops to check on Adam when he is lying on the side of the road after being toppled by the troublemakers?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)