|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
2. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
3. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Mr. Black
(b) Paul Delmonte
(c) Adam Farmer
(d) Mr. Fog
4. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
5. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
2. When the boy was a child, he was teased for having his stuffed animal - Pokey the ________.
3. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
4. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
5. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam think is the only real clue he has to the mystery that is in his mind?
2. Why did Adam's father go through with providing testimony in Washington DC before a Senate Committee?
3. Why does Adam have to pedal furiously when he is on his bike ride?
4. Why doesn't Adam tell Amy anything about his spying on his family?
5. What does the man on the phone tell Adam about what he has been doing all day?
6. What has failed during the interrogations between Adam and Brint, according to the report?
7. What was the last Numbers game that Adam and Amy played together?
8. What does the old maintenance man always do, according to the narrative?
9. What does the rain do to Adam when he is traveling on his bike on his journey?
10. What does the man do when Adam offers him $25 to tell him where his bike has gone?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)