|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname that the old maintenance man has for Adam as he rides into the hospital?
2. What did Adam say happened to him on his bike, instead of telling the man the truth?
(a) His tire popped
(b) He lost his balance
(c) He was biking too fast
(d) He was drunk
3. Adam has been refusing to get out of __________, according to the interrogation transcript.
(a) The bathroom
(b) The kitchen
(d) The hospital
4. What could the first assassination attempt on Adam's father be described as?
(a) A pipe bomb in the mailbox
(b) A car bomb
(c) A car crash
(d) A sniper shot
5. __________ is very sorry for placing Adam and his mother in a difficult situation.
(a) Adam's father
(c) Mr. Grey
6. What was the name for the grey man that Adam finally seems to remember during the interrogation?
7. Where would Adam's mother sometimes talk even though it went against Mr. Grey's rules?
(a) In the car
(b) In the bathroom
(c) By the windows
(d) In the cellar
8. Adam does not believe that Brint is a ___________ because of the way that he dresses.
(b) Professional hitman
(c) Family member
9. Where is the bike that Adam is looking to find and to retrieve as his own?
(a) In the woods
(b) In a shop
(c) On the front porch
(d) At the junk yard
10. The report states that it is __________ to get the sought after information from Adam.
(a) Almost time
11. Who was the one that ran away, even though he was hurt in the accident as well?
(b) Adam's father
(d) Mr. Grey
12. What had the old man seen sticking out of the ditch, which alerted them to the presence of Adam?
(a) Adam's package
(b) Adam's hat
(c) The wheels of the bike
(d) The bell on the handle bar
13. ___________ was proud of Anthony for doing the right thing even though it meant giving up his career.
(b) Mr. Grey
14. Who makes up the annual report that is being described in this final section of the book?
(a) Anthony Delmonte
(b) Adam Farmer
(d) Mr. Grey
15. What is Whipper always trying to take away from Adam as he is biking around?
(a) Adam's hat
(b) Adam's box
(c) Adam's shoes
(d) Adam's bike
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the huge man ask Adam as he is trying to fix the situation with his bike? "Lose something, __________?"
2. The wind that is coming up Adam's leg as he bikes is like a ___________.
3. Brint asks Adam is his troubles begin when he is __________, remembering, and that it might be unpleasant.
4. The elderly man thought Adam looked like he was _________ when he was lying where he was.
5. What did Adam's father notice as they were driving north as they were escaping from a supposed emergency?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)