|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who answers at Amy's house says that he has had that phone number for how long?
(a) 10 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 3 years
(d) 6 months
2. Adam begins another day, riding his bicycle. This time, where is he headed?
(a) New York
(d) Washington DC
3. Who comes out to talk to the boy as he goes to get the bike?
(c) Mr. Grey
(d) The boy's mother
4. Adam's arm hurts from the _______ used on him at the hospital during his withdrawal period.
5. Adam still wants to stay in one of the cabins and he sees that there is a ___________ in the first one he looks at.
6. The wind that is coming up Adam's leg as he bikes is like a ___________.
7. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
(a) On the side of the road
(b) On a bench
(c) In the middle of the road
(d) At a gas station pump
8. Adam avoided Amy because he was afraid he would tell her __________ and he was sworn to secrecy.
(a) The bad things
(b) That he didn't know anything
(d) Things that her father would want to publish
9. In what city does Adam plan to spend the night during his continuing bike journey?
(b) Belton Falls
10. Inducement ____________ and pre-knowledge interrogatory techniques have failed on Adam in his questioning.
11. What is the first memory Adam has of the situation with his parents and the secret?
(a) The mad dog
(b) The bus ride
(c) The wise guys
(d) A death threat
12. How would the office at the motel be described as Adam walked up to it?
(c) Brightly lit
13. For how long has Adam been calling the number at the Hertz house, or so he thinks he's been calling that number?
(a) 6 months
(b) 10 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 3 years
14. What DOESN'T Adam's bike have according to his description?
(a) Warped tires
(b) No speeds
(c) No fenders
(d) Blue paint
15. Where did the grey man and Adam's father used to go when they would have to talk to each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam does not believe that Brint is a ___________ because of the way that he dresses.
2. Adam's mom is afraid of the things that could happen, also known as the _______________.
3. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
4. Brint suggests that the ________ represents the key to his memories, which causes Adam to retreat so completely from the interrogation.
5. Who is waiting for Adam when he bikes up to the front of the building he is drawn to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)