|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy do to his mother, which makes Adam angry at the boy?
(a) Throws the bike at the ground
(b) Hits his mother
(c) Turns his back on the mother
2. The wind that is coming up Adam's leg as he bikes is like a ___________.
3. How many annual questionings have been done on Adam according to the final report?
4. What was the religious denomination of Adam's mother when she was growing up? She was allowed to keep this religious affiliation.
5. What does Adam see as he pedals around the corner when he arrives at Rutterburg?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A bike shop
(d) His house
6. Adam realizes it is not the manner of ________ that matters on his journey, but that he reaches Rutterburg as soon as possible.
7. What would Mr. Grey bring to Monument twice a year when he came to visit the family in Monument?
(b) Money bonus
(d) A relative to visit
8. Adam is acting like a ___________ in order to get his bike back.
(b) Normal boy
9. What is another thing that Adam refuses to do during the timing of this interrogation?
(b) Talk to his father
(c) Play hopscotch
10. Brint tells Adam: "I am always here to _________ you. Remember that."
(d) Listen to
11. What had the old man seen sticking out of the ditch, which alerted them to the presence of Adam?
(a) The wheels of the bike
(b) Adam's package
(c) Adam's hat
(d) The bell on the handle bar
12. What was the government identification number that was used to identity Mr. Grey?
(b) He didn't have one.
13. Who is waiting for Adam when he bikes up to the front of the building he is drawn to?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Adam's father
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) Dr. Dupont
14. Who did Adam see spinning in the air as they died from the impact of another car hurtling toward the group of people?
(a) His mother
(b) His sister
(c) His father
(d) Amy Hertz
15. How long did Adam's father spend in giving testimony before the Senate Committee?
(a) One week
(b) One day
(c) One year
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Farmer/Delmonte family stop to eat when they reached a McDonald's along their journey?
2. Which one of the couple in the car has had a stroke and is going to their doctor's appointment?
3. For how long has Adam been calling the number at the Hertz house, or so he thinks he's been calling that number?
4. Who was the relative that Adam uncovered, though he'd been told he had no living relatives?
5. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)