|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam is not __________ when the man tries to start a session with Adam in this section.
2. The man who answers at Amy's house says that he has had that phone number for how long?
(a) 10 years
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 year
(d) 3 years
3. Adam begins another day, riding his bicycle. This time, where is he headed?
(a) Washington DC
(d) New York
4. For how long has Adam been calling the number at the Hertz house, or so he thinks he's been calling that number?
(a) 6 months
(b) 3 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 1 year
5. What is the temperature like as Adam begins this new bike journey at the end of the book?
6. Adam avoided Amy because he was afraid he would tell her __________ and he was sworn to secrecy.
(b) Things that her father would want to publish
(c) That he didn't know anything
(d) The bad things
7. ___________ was proud of Anthony for doing the right thing even though it meant giving up his career.
(a) Mr. Grey
8. What did Adam's father notice as they were driving north as they were escaping from a supposed emergency?
(a) A forest fire
(b) A flat tire
(c) A car following them
(d) Dogs in the road
9. Where did the grey man and Adam's father used to go when they would have to talk to each other?
10. Adam goes into deep __________ when topics of concern to the department are approached.
11. What is the description of Adam's skin tones during this session of interrogation?
12. What would Mr. Grey bring to Monument twice a year when he came to visit the family in Monument?
(a) A relative to visit
(b) Money bonus
13. The wind that is coming up Adam's leg as he bikes is like a ___________.
14. In the box in the cellar were mementos from the family's past, including an old hat and an Army _______ of Adam's father's.
(c) Sleeping bag
15. Brint suggests that the day may come when he will not be there for Adam to __________.
(a) Share with
(b) Talk to
(d) Sit with
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ bought the insurance company for Anthony so that he could start his life over.
2. What was the religious denomination of Adam's mother when she was growing up? She was allowed to keep this religious affiliation.
3. Brint notes that Adam is alert and that his eyes are ___________.
4. What had Adam's father used to do for his career before all of the chaos ensued?
5. Who makes up the annual report that is being described in this final section of the book?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)