|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam's mom is afraid of the things that could happen, also known as the _______________.
(a) Never Knows
(b) Fear A Lots
(d) What Ifs
2. Adam's arm hurts from the _______ used on him at the hospital during his withdrawal period.
3. Adam's father never told Adam all of the information so that he could never __________ anything.
4. Adam has been refusing to get out of __________, according to the interrogation transcript.
(a) The kitchen
(c) The bathroom
(d) The hospital
5. What was the religious denomination of Adam's mother when she was growing up? She was allowed to keep this religious affiliation.
6. Adam avoided Amy because he was afraid he would tell her __________ and he was sworn to secrecy.
(a) That he didn't know anything
(c) The bad things
(d) Things that her father would want to publish
7. Who saw Amy and Adam during their last Number game together, even though they were unable to complete it?
(a) The old man
(d) Adam's father
8. Who makes up the annual report that is being described in this final section of the book?
(a) Anthony Delmonte
(c) Adam Farmer
(d) Mr. Grey
9. What is the nickname that the old maintenance man has for Adam as he rides into the hospital?
10. What has Adam done before the interrogation which makes Brint believe he is okay?
(b) Gone for a run
(d) Fixed his bike
11. What was the name for the grey man that Adam finally seems to remember during the interrogation?
12. How would the office at the motel be described as Adam walked up to it?
(b) Brightly lit
13. What does the boy do to his mother, which makes Adam angry at the boy?
(a) Turns his back on the mother
(c) Throws the bike at the ground
(d) Hits his mother
14. Who was the relative that Adam uncovered, though he'd been told he had no living relatives?
(a) His cousin, Amy
(b) His father's sister
(c) His mother's sister
(d) His grandfather
15. Brint asks Adam is his troubles begin when he is __________, remembering, and that it might be unpleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so special about the room in the cellar where Adam's father and Mr. Grey would talk?
2. The report states that it is __________ to get the sought after information from Adam.
3. Where did the grey man and Adam's father used to go when they would have to talk to each other?
4. The elderly man thought Adam looked like he was _________ when he was lying where he was.
5. What does Whipper say when Adam finally returns to the hospital? "Well, what do you know - the __________ back."
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)