|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam talks about the day they left because of the emergency: "It was like _______________ in the beginning."
(a) A vacation
(b) An adventure
(c) A spy operation
(d) A movie
2. In the box in the cellar were mementos from the family's past, including an old hat and an Army _______ of Adam's father's.
(c) Sleeping bag
3. Brint tells Adam the sessions and the ___________ are helping him to progress more.
(b) Fresh air
4. How long did Adam's father spend in giving testimony before the Senate Committee?
(a) One week
(b) One year
(c) One month
(d) One day
5. Where is Adam lying when the car comes by to try to help him out as he is on his bike journey?
(a) At a gas station pump
(b) On a bench
(c) In the middle of the road
(d) On the side of the road
6. Adam does not believe that Brint is a ___________ because of the way that he dresses.
(a) Family member
(d) Professional hitman
7. Who is waiting for Adam when he bikes up to the front of the building he is drawn to?
(a) Adam's father
(b) Amy Hertz
(c) Dr. Dupont
(d) Mr. Grey
8. What did Adam say happened to him on his bike, instead of telling the man the truth?
(a) His tire popped
(b) He was biking too fast
(c) He was drunk
(d) He lost his balance
9. Adam avoided Amy because he was afraid he would tell her __________ and he was sworn to secrecy.
(b) The bad things
(c) Things that her father would want to publish
(d) That he didn't know anything
10. Adam's mom is afraid of the things that could happen, also known as the _______________.
(a) Fear A Lots
(c) What Ifs
(d) Never Knows
11. Adam is happy he did not take his ____________ that morning and that he is alert and clear.
(d) Stuffed animal
12. Brint tells Adam he must face ____________ or else everything will come to a halt.
(a) The truth
(b) His charges
(c) The gray man
(d) His father
13. What was the government identification number that was used to identity Mr. Grey?
(b) He didn't have one.
14. ___________ was proud of Anthony for doing the right thing even though it meant giving up his career.
(a) Mr. Grey
15. Who saw Amy and Adam during their last Number game together, even though they were unable to complete it?
(c) The old man
(d) Adam's father
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the family all sit in the car as they were doing away for their emergency?
2. What had Adam's father used to do for his career before all of the chaos ensued?
3. Adam wanted to tell Amy that his life was the biggest ___________ game of all.
4. __________ is very sorry for placing Adam and his mother in a difficult situation.
5. Adam has been refusing to get out of __________, according to the interrogation transcript.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)