|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
2. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
3. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) His mother
(b) Amy Hertz
(c) Allison Hertz
(d) His father
4. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) Adam's package
(b) The food Adam bought
(c) The dog
(d) Adam's newspaper
5. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
(a) Talking to Adam's teachers
(b) Looking for Adam's friend
(c) Talking to Adam's father
(d) Staying in bed sick
6. Adam is distressed as he feels as if he cannot even get a _______________ correct.
(a) Phone number
(c) Bike ride
7. Where is the game that Amy invented played at, preferably during a very busy time?
(a) Drug store
(d) Grocery store
8. On the day that Adam's mother is the happiest, she has a special _________ hour that she enjoys in her bedroom.
9. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
(c) His father
(d) Mr. Grey
10. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(d) Straw wrappers
11. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
(a) He becomes angry
(b) He falls asleep
(c) His head hurts
(d) He vomits
12. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
(a) Amy Hertz
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) His mother
13. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
(b) Allison Hertz
(c) Andy Delmonte
(d) Paul Delmonte
14. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
(a) Piece of his identity
(c) Person he knows
15. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
2. What is the name the the old man gives to the hat the boy wears in remembrance of his father?
3. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
4. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
5. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)