|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
(a) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
2. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
3. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
4. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(d) His brother
5. When the boy was a child, he was teased for having his stuffed animal - Pokey the ________.
6. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) Allison Hertz
(b) His father
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) His mother
7. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
8. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Adam Farmer
(b) Paul Delmonte
(c) Mr. Black
(d) Mr. Fog
9. What does Adam decide to eat when he is in a small restaurant in Carver on his bike journey?
(c) Grilled cheese
(d) Clam chowder
10. What is the name the the old man gives to the hat the boy wears in remembrance of his father?
(b) Ball cap
11. Adam is pleased he can __________ himself so easily and thinks that maybe he can go to other places as well.
12. What does Adam now feel he has to do in order to get away from those who might harm him?
(a) Find his father
(c) Go to the police
13. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The phone
(c) The air pump
(d) The shade
14. What is a word that might be used to describe Adam's current state of mind?
15. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
2. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
3. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
4. What does Adam think when he thinks of Amy? "I don't ____________ you."
5. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)