|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
2. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
(a) The gas station
(b) The police station
(c) The library
(d) The restaurant
3. What is the scent of perfume that the boy remembers as being something his mother used to wear?
4. As the rain continues to fall, Adam becomes ____________.
5. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(b) Straw wrappers
6. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
(b) His father
(c) His brother
(d) His mother
7. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
8. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
9. What did Adam steal in order to get into his father's desk where all the important papers were kept?
(a) The key
(b) A credit card
(c) The combination
(d) A lock picking kit
10. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
11. Where is the game that Amy invented played at, preferably during a very busy time?
(b) Drug store
(c) Grocery store
12. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's the family's theme song
(b) It doesn't mean anything
(c) It's stupid
(d) It is a code for him to remember
13. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
14. Adam doesn't think the place where he's at smells like a ___________, so he is confused as to where he is.
15. Adam is pleased he can __________ himself so easily and thinks that maybe he can go to other places as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
2. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
3. What does Adam decide to eat when he is in a small restaurant in Carver on his bike journey?
4. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
5. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)