|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adam think is now threatening him after he tries to make the phone call?
(a) The mob
(b) The doctors
(c) The restaurant owners
(d) The troublemakers
2. What are the other three guys in the restaurant eating as Adam sits alone with his meal?
3. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
4. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
5. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
(a) Mob boss
6. Where is the game that Amy invented played at, preferably during a very busy time?
(b) Drug store
(c) Grocery store
7. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
(a) Witness protection
(b) On vacation
8. As the rain continues to fall, Adam becomes ____________.
9. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(b) Straw wrappers
10. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
11. On the day that Adam's mother is the happiest, she has a special _________ hour that she enjoys in her bedroom.
12. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) In his life
(b) In relation to Amy
(c) Trying to connect him to
(d) At the beginning
13. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's the family's theme song
(b) It's stupid
(c) It is a code for him to remember
(d) It doesn't mean anything
14. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(a) Grocery store
(c) Police station
(d) Gas station
15. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) A pig
(b) Wise guy
(c) A fairy
(d) A giraffe
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
2. What does Adam focus his attention on finding as he is waiting to call his friend?
3. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
4. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
5. The _________ in Adam increases, though he tries not to take a pill or a shot to calm down.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)