|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) His mother
(b) Amy Hertz
(c) Allison Hertz
(d) His father
2. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
(a) His head hurts
(b) He becomes angry
(c) He vomits
(d) He falls asleep
3. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
(b) On vacation
(d) Witness protection
4. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(a) Police station
(c) Grocery store
(d) Gas station
5. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
(c) His father
6. Adam decides he does not want to look any further into the truth about _________.
(a) Dr. Grey
(c) His father
7. What does Adam now feel he has to do in order to get away from those who might harm him?
(a) Go to the police
(b) Find his father
8. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(a) To go crazy
(b) To fall over
(c) To kill himself
9. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
10. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
(c) Rhode Island
11. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
(a) The janitor's closet
(b) The grocery store
(c) His bedroom
(d) Under the footballl stands
12. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
(a) Happy Birthday
(b) The song to Rocky
(d) The family song
13. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
14. What is the name the the old man gives to the hat the boy wears in remembrance of his father?
(c) Ball cap
15. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
2. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
3. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
4. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
5. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)