|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
2. How many birthdays did Adam Farmer have, according to the information Adam found in his father's desk?
3. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(b) To fall over
(c) To kill himself
(d) To go crazy
4. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) Allison Hertz
(b) His father
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) His mother
5. Adam is distressed as he feels as if he cannot even get a _______________ correct.
(b) Bike ride
(d) Phone number
6. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
7. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The food Adam bought
(b) Adam's package
(c) The dog
(d) Adam's newspaper
8. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
9. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
10. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) Winds begin
(b) It begins to rain
(c) Sunshine comes out
(d) A fog is rolling in
11. What is the scent of perfume that the boy remembers as being something his mother used to wear?
12. Who does Adam think is now threatening him after he tries to make the phone call?
(a) The restaurant owners
(b) The troublemakers
(c) The mob
(d) The doctors
13. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Adam Farmer
(b) Mr. Fog
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Mr. Black
14. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
15. Adam begins to talk excitedly about the _________ man that is in his memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
2. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
3. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
4. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
5. What did Adam steal in order to get into his father's desk where all the important papers were kept?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)