|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
(a) The cave
(b) His bedroom
2. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) In relation to Amy
(b) In his life
(c) Trying to connect him to
(d) At the beginning
3. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
4. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(a) To kill himself
(c) To go crazy
(d) To fall over
5. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
(b) Mob boss
6. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
7. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It is a code for him to remember
(b) It's stupid
(c) It doesn't mean anything
(d) It's the family's theme song
8. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
(a) The air pump
(b) The phone
(c) The shade
(d) The bathroom
9. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The food Adam bought
(b) Adam's package
(c) Adam's newspaper
(d) The dog
10. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
11. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
12. Who is in the role of the interrogator at the start of this book's interrogation scenes?
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) Adam Farmer
(d) Paul Delmonte
13. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
14. On the day that Adam's mother is the happiest, she has a special _________ hour that she enjoys in her bedroom.
15. As the rain continues to fall, Adam becomes ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
2. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
3. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
4. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
5. What does Adam decide to eat when he is in a small restaurant in Carver on his bike journey?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)