|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The air pump
(c) The phone
(d) The shade
2. Where does Adam wake up in a panic in the middle of the night?
(a) His home
(b) Rest stop
(d) Hospital room
3. Brint tells Adam to __________ and let the thoughts from his memory come, but this doesn't work.
4. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(a) Straw wrappers
5. The boy wants to make the bike trip without any _________, so he puts them in the garbage disposal.
(d) Food packages
6. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
7. The doctor is trying to get Adam to talk, but notes that Adam has stepped ____________ himself.
8. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
(a) Old man
9. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) His father
(b) Allison Hertz
(c) His mother
(d) Amy Hertz
10. What is a word that might be used to describe Adam's current state of mind?
11. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The popcorn vendors
(b) The restaurant owners
(c) The dogs
(d) The wise guys
12. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
13. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The dog
(b) Adam's package
(c) The food Adam bought
(d) Adam's newspaper
14. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Mr. Black
(b) Adam Farmer
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Mr. Fog
15. What does Adam now feel he has to do in order to get away from those who might harm him?
(a) Find his father
(c) Go to the police
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
2. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
3. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
4. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
5. What does Adam think when he thinks of Amy? "I don't ____________ you."
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)