|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
2. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(b) Gas station
(c) Grocery store
(d) Police station
3. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
(a) Dr. Brint
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) Robert Cormier
(d) Adam Farmer
4. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
(b) Old man
5. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
(a) Amy Hertz
(b) Dr. Brint
(c) Mr. Grey
(d) Allison Hertz
6. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(a) To fall over
(b) To go crazy
(d) To kill himself
7. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
(a) Adam is crazy
(b) Adam has the wrong number
(c) Adam is a stalker
(d) Adam has to leave a message
8. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) In his life
(b) Trying to connect him to
(c) In relation to Amy
(d) At the beginning
9. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
10. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
11. Adam hears the approach of a ____________ coming up on the road behind him.
12. What kind of club meeting did Adam tell his mother he was attending, even though he was really going out with Amy?
13. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) Wise guy
(b) A fairy
(c) A pig
(d) A giraffe
14. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's stupid
(b) It doesn't mean anything
(c) It's the family's theme song
(d) It is a code for him to remember
15. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
(d) Mob boss
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
2. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
3. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
4. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
5. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)