|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam hears the approach of a ____________ coming up on the road behind him.
2. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) Allison Hertz
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) Amy Hertz
3. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
4. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
5. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
(c) His father
6. What does Adam think when he thinks of Amy? "I don't ____________ you."
7. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
8. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
9. Where does Adam wake up in a panic in the middle of the night?
(b) His home
(c) Rest stop
(d) Hospital room
10. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) Adam's package
(b) Adam's newspaper
(c) The dog
(d) The food Adam bought
11. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
12. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
(a) Adam has to leave a message
(b) Adam has the wrong number
(c) Adam is crazy
(d) Adam is a stalker
13. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
(a) The cave
(d) His bedroom
14. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
(c) Old man
15. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
(b) Person he knows
(c) Piece of his identity
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
2. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
3. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
4. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
5. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)