|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
2. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
(a) He vomits
(b) His head hurts
(c) He falls asleep
(d) He becomes angry
3. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
(a) How Much is that Doggy in the Window?
(b) Farmer in the Dell
(c) Baa Baa Black Sheep
(d) Ring Around the Rosy
4. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
5. What does Adam now feel he has to do in order to get away from those who might harm him?
(b) Find his father
(d) Go to the police
6. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
(a) Talking to Adam's teachers
(b) Looking for Adam's friend
(c) Talking to Adam's father
(d) Staying in bed sick
7. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) In relation to Amy
(b) In his life
(c) Trying to connect him to
(d) At the beginning
8. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
(a) The air pump
(b) The shade
(c) The phone
(d) The bathroom
9. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
(a) His mother's sister
(b) His father
(c) Mr. Gray
(d) Paul Delmonte
10. Adam hears the approach of a ____________ coming up on the road behind him.
11. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
12. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
13. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
14. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
15. How many miles does the boy have to travel in order to make it to his stop in Vermont?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
2. What kind of dog does Adam run into that leaves him terrified at the sight?
3. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
4. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
5. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)