|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of club meeting did Adam tell his mother he was attending, even though he was really going out with Amy?
2. Finally, Adam decides he will continue on to ______________, even though he is not sure he is strong enough.
3. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
4. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) A giraffe
(b) A pig
(c) Wise guy
(d) A fairy
5. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
(a) Adam has to leave a message
(b) Adam is a stalker
(c) Adam has the wrong number
(d) Adam is crazy
6. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(c) Straw wrappers
7. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The food Adam bought
(b) The dog
(c) Adam's package
(d) Adam's newspaper
8. What is a word that might be used to describe Adam's current state of mind?
9. What do the old man at the rest stop and the boy look at when the boy stops in Aswell on his bike trip?
(a) A map
(c) A soda
(d) A car
10. What does Adam decide to eat when he is in a small restaurant in Carver on his bike journey?
(a) Grilled cheese
(c) Clam chowder
11. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) Winds begin
(c) A fog is rolling in
(d) Sunshine comes out
12. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
13. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
(c) The cave
(d) His bedroom
14. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
15. Adam believes the dog's intention is to topple the bike, send it askew, and have him crash into the road, his _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brint suggests to Adam that his ___________ has been lying to him all this time.
2. Adam begins to talk excitedly about the _________ man that is in his memory.
3. What is the name of the game that Amy has invented in order to keep the two busy?
4. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
5. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)