|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the rain continues to fall, Adam becomes ____________.
2. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
(b) Rhode Island
3. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
4. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
(a) His mother
(b) Allison Hertz
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) His father
5. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
(a) The family song
(c) The song to Rocky
(d) Happy Birthday
6. What do the old man at the rest stop and the boy look at when the boy stops in Aswell on his bike trip?
(a) A soda
(b) A map
(d) A car
7. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Amy Hertz
(c) Dr. Brint
(d) Allison Hertz
8. Adam decides he does not want to look any further into the truth about _________.
(b) His father
(c) Dr. Grey
9. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
(b) His bedroom
(c) The cave
10. Adam is distressed as he feels as if he cannot even get a _______________ correct.
(b) Bike ride
(d) Phone number
11. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The restaurant owners
(b) The wise guys
(c) The popcorn vendors
(d) The dogs
12. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
(a) Trying to connect him to
(b) In his life
(c) At the beginning
(d) In relation to Amy
13. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
(a) Paul Delmonte
(b) His mother's sister
(c) His father
(d) Mr. Gray
14. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
15. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the role of the interrogator at the start of this book's interrogation scenes?
2. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
3. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
4. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
5. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)