|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
2. Where does Adam wake up in a panic in the middle of the night?
(a) His home
(b) Hospital room
(d) Rest stop
3. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
(b) Allison Hertz
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Andy Delmonte
4. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
5. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
(a) Adam is a stalker
(b) Adam is crazy
(c) Adam has to leave a message
(d) Adam has the wrong number
6. The doctor is trying to get Adam to talk, but notes that Adam has stepped ____________ himself.
7. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
(c) His father
8. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
9. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
10. What does Adam think when he thinks of Amy? "I don't ____________ you."
11. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
12. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
(b) Rhode Island
13. What kind of car blows its horn to distract the dog and to keep Adam from being harmed?
14. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(c) Straw wrappers
15. When the boy was a child, he was teased for having his stuffed animal - Pokey the ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
2. Adam is afraid that __________ will laugh at him if he reveals any of the concerns he has about his family.
3. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
4. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
5. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)