|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brint tells Adam to __________ and let the thoughts from his memory come, but this doesn't work.
2. Where is Adam's friend at the moment, so he cannot call her in order to talk to her?
(c) Witness protection
(d) On vacation
3. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
4. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
5. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
(d) Old man
6. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
(a) His bedroom
(b) The grocery store
(c) Under the footballl stands
(d) The janitor's closet
7. What kind of club meeting did Adam tell his mother he was attending, even though he was really going out with Amy?
8. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Dr. Brint
(c) Robert Cormier
(d) Adam Farmer
9. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
(a) Looking for Adam's friend
(b) Talking to Adam's father
(c) Talking to Adam's teachers
(d) Staying in bed sick
10. Adam believes that Amy is more important to him than food or the __________.
11. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) A giraffe
(b) A fairy
(c) A pig
(d) Wise guy
12. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) Sunshine comes out
(b) It begins to rain
(c) Winds begin
(d) A fog is rolling in
13. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
14. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
15. What is Adam's dream in terms of the career path he wants to take?
(c) Mob boss
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
2. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
3. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
4. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
5. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)