Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adam standing outside of when he is still in Carver on the bike journey?
(a) Gas station
(b) Grocery store
(d) Police station
2. In what state does Adam think he was born, according to what his birth certificate says and his father told him?
(c) Rhode Island
3. What has gotten wet as a result of the weather that starts up?
(a) The food Adam bought
(b) Adam's package
(c) The dog
(d) Adam's newspaper
4. Who does Adam want to talk to in order to calm his nerves?
(a) Dr. Brint
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) Allison Hertz
5. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
(b) Andy Delmonte
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Allison Hertz
6. What are the other three guys in the restaurant eating as Adam sits alone with his meal?
7. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
8. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's the family's theme song
(b) It's stupid
(c) It doesn't mean anything
(d) It is a code for him to remember
9. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(c) Straw wrappers
10. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
11. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
12. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) His sister
13. What did Adam steal in order to get into his father's desk where all the important papers were kept?
(a) The key
(b) A credit card
(c) The combination
(d) A lock picking kit
14. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(a) To go crazy
(b) To fall over
(d) To kill himself
15. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam enters a phone booth and tries to place a call to ___________ in order to soothe himself.
2. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
3. Where does Adam think about leaving his bike in order to keep it safe and sound?
4. As the rain continues to fall, Adam becomes ____________.
5. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)