|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
(d) His father
2. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) His father
3. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
4. What does Adam focus his attention on finding as he is waiting to call his friend?
(a) His package
5. The wrong number that Adam dials is just another block to keep him from discovering another __________.
(a) Person he knows
(c) Piece of his identity
6. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
7. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
8. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
9. How many speeds does the boy's bike have on it, by his own account at the start of the story?
10. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The dogs
(b) The restaurant owners
(c) The popcorn vendors
(d) The wise guys
11. The __________ is no longer smooth for Adam, but is full of ruts and of holes.
12. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
(a) Happy Birthday
(c) The family song
(d) The song to Rocky
13. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
14. What do the troublemakers hit Adam with as he is sitting at the table, thinking about where to put his bike?
(d) Straw wrappers
15. What do the old man at the rest stop and the boy look at when the boy stops in Aswell on his bike trip?
(a) A car
(c) A map
(d) A soda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
2. What person does the interrogator ask the boy about when they are sitting down for another interrogation?
3. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
4. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
5. The boy has enough money in his pocket to travel by _______, but he prefers to travel by bike as it's less confined.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)