|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The restaurant owners
(b) The dogs
(c) The popcorn vendors
(d) The wise guys
2. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
3. What does the man on the telephone say to Adam when he calls his number?
(a) Adam is crazy
(b) Adam has to leave a message
(c) Adam has the wrong number
(d) Adam is a stalker
4. What kind of dog does Adam run into that leaves him terrified at the sight?
(a) Shiba Inu
(b) Golden Retriever
(c) Shih Tzu
(d) German Shepherd
5. Adam hears the approach of a ____________ coming up on the road behind him.
6. Adam decides he does not want to look any further into the truth about _________.
(a) Dr. Grey
(c) His father
7. The boy wants to make the bike trip without any _________, so he puts them in the garbage disposal.
(b) Food packages
8. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
9. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
(b) Mr. Grey
(c) His father
10. Adam recalls that Brint asked Adam about ______________ at the beginning.
(a) His father
(b) Mr. Gray
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) His mother's sister
11. Brint tells Adam to __________ and let the thoughts from his memory come, but this doesn't work.
12. Adam believes the dog's intention is to topple the bike, send it askew, and have him crash into the road, his _________.
13. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
(a) Robert Cormier
(b) Dr. Brint
(c) Adam Farmer
(d) Mr. Grey
14. How many birthdays did Adam Farmer have, according to the information Adam found in his father's desk?
15. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
2. The young man riding his bike is relieved that there are no _________ in sight when he is biking along.
3. Adam is discovering that _______ is good and that it can release some of the memories locked up in his head.
4. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
5. Adam is watching himself with the ___________ from a different point of view.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)