|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boy was a child, he was teased for having his stuffed animal - Pokey the ________.
2. Who discusses the way the novel has been written in the Introduction of the book?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Dr. Brint
(c) Robert Cormier
(d) Adam Farmer
3. On the day that Adam's mother is the happiest, she has a special _________ hour that she enjoys in her bedroom.
4. Adam doesn't feel he deserves happiness, courage, and _____________.
5. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
6. What happens to the young man during the interrogation that makes him want to stop the questioning?
(a) He vomits
(b) He becomes angry
(c) He falls asleep
(d) His head hurts
7. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
(a) Under the footballl stands
(b) The janitor's closet
(c) His bedroom
(d) The grocery store
8. Adam begins to talk excitedly about the _________ man that is in his memory.
9. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
10. What does Adam think when he thinks of Amy? "I don't ____________ you."
11. Brint tells Adam to __________ and let the thoughts from his memory come, but this doesn't work.
12. Adam resolves to call __________ at the next phone booth he finds when he is on his journey.
(a) His father
13. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
(b) Mr. Grey
(d) His father
14. Adam tells Brint that he will give him some __________ as he is telling his story.
15. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
(a) To fall over
(b) To go crazy
(c) To kill himself
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week is Adam's mother the happiest, it seems?
2. The boy that is bothering Adam tries to take his ________ away from him, but Adam prevails.
3. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
4. Adam admits that he didn't know who Paul was ______________, but doesn't answer when Brint pokes further.
5. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)