|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
(a) His sister
(b) His father
(c) His mother
2. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It is a code for him to remember
(b) It doesn't mean anything
(c) It's stupid
(d) It's the family's theme song
3. The boy wants to make the bike trip without any _________, so he puts them in the garbage disposal.
(c) Food packages
4. When the boy was a child, he was teased for having his stuffed animal - Pokey the ________.
5. Adam insists to the person who visits him that he wants to remember the ___________.
6. What does Adam begin to sing as he is continuing his journey on his bike?
(b) The song to Rocky
(c) Happy Birthday
(d) The family song
7. Adam has always wondered what made his mother so ________ whenever he looked at her.
8. Where were Adam and his father headed when they had to jump into the alley and into the woods?
9. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
10. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
11. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
12. Adam asks if ___________ is the name of the gray man that he keeps seeing in his memory.
(a) Mr. Fog
(b) Mr. Black
(c) Paul Delmonte
(d) Adam Farmer
13. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The dogs
(b) The popcorn vendors
(c) The wise guys
(d) The restaurant owners
14. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) A pig
(b) A fairy
(c) Wise guy
(d) A giraffe
15. Where have Amy and Adam huddled together when they were together in order to kiss each other?
(a) His bedroom
(b) The janitor's closet
(c) Under the footballl stands
(d) The grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the wheel of the car that ends up following Adam as he is biking down the road?
2. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
3. What is the name of the boy who begins to harass Adam as he is sitting at the table, talking about his bike?
4. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
5. The _________ in Adam increases, though he tries not to take a pill or a shot to calm down.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)