|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boy's father tell him about the song that Adam likes to sing so much?
(a) It's the family's theme song
(b) It is a code for him to remember
(c) It doesn't mean anything
(d) It's stupid
2. What does Adam now wish he had used when he was back in Aswell at the rest stop?
(a) The shade
(b) The bathroom
(c) The air pump
(d) The phone
3. What kind of club meeting did Adam tell his mother he was attending, even though he was really going out with Amy?
4. Where does Adam go to hide after making his startling discovery in his father's desk?
(b) His bedroom
(c) The cave
5. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
6. The _________ in Adam increases, though he tries not to take a pill or a shot to calm down.
7. What happens to the weather as Adam is setting out again on his bike journey?
(a) Sunshine comes out
(b) A fog is rolling in
(c) Winds begin
(d) It begins to rain
8. The boy wants to make the bike trip without any _________, so he puts them in the garbage disposal.
(b) Food packages
9. Who comes to Adam's side when he is dealing with his anxiety attack of sorts?
(a) Mr. Grey
(c) Amy Hertz
(d) His mother
10. Adam is glad to be leaving Carver and getting away from the ___________, the troublemakers.
(a) The dogs
(b) The wise guys
(c) The restaurant owners
(d) The popcorn vendors
11. Where was Adam determined to prove that they lived, as his father told him this was the case?
12. What does Adam decide to eat when he is in a small restaurant in Carver on his bike journey?
(b) Grilled cheese
(d) Clam chowder
13. What did Adam steal in order to get into his father's desk where all the important papers were kept?
(a) A credit card
(b) The combination
(c) A lock picking kit
(d) The key
14. What does the man on the phone tell Adam he has been doing all day?
(a) Staying in bed sick
(b) Looking for Adam's friend
(c) Talking to Adam's father
(d) Talking to Adam's teachers
15. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam decides he does not want to look any further into the truth about _________.
2. Who does Adam think is now threatening him after he tries to make the phone call?
3. The boy is traveling from Monument to Rutterburg in order to visit someone. Who is this person?
4. Where is the game that Amy invented played at, preferably during a very busy time?
5. The name Adam Farmer means __________ to Adam at this point of his life.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)