|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the familiar childhood song the boy sings to himself whenever he needs to be consoled?
(a) Baa Baa Black Sheep
(b) How Much is that Doggy in the Window?
(c) Farmer in the Dell
(d) Ring Around the Rosy
2. The doctor is trying to get Adam to talk, but notes that Adam has stepped ____________ himself.
3. Adam believes that this man is the only real __________ he has to the mystery in his mind.
4. Adam, when he wakes up in a fright, believes himself to be an ____________ person, in an unknown land.
5. What does Amy talk like in order to make Adam laugh and to keep him from becoming too serious?
(a) A giraffe
(b) A fairy
(c) Wise guy
(d) A pig
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam becomes a sort of __________ in his own home as he tries to find out what is happening.
2. Adam yells out that he is going __________, even though he answers himself that this is not going to happen.
3. Adam is distressed as he feels as if he cannot even get a _______________ correct.
4. Cormier used a __________ morning exercise to spark his creative output, which led to the writing of this book.
5. Finally, Adam decides he will continue on to ______________, even though he is not sure he is strong enough.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)