Introduction | Section 1
• The author describes how he came to write this book.
• A young man is riding a bike from Monument, MA, to Rutterburg, VT, to visit his dad.
• The boy recalls his friend Amy Hertz and misses her.
• The boy wants to make the trip without pills.
Section 2 | Section 3
• Brint is interrogating the young man.
• The young man remembers his mother and father talking in another room.
• The young man leaves on a bus with his mom and dad in the middle of the night, never to return home.
• The boy does not know the reason for the move.
• The boy is continuing on his bike trip, asking for directions, and deciding to stay in a hotel.
• The old man tells the boy not to trust anyone.
Section 4 | Section 5
• The interrogator asks the boy about Paul Delmonte and Amy Hertz.
• The boy on his bike begins to...
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)