|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Wallace experience for the first time when he goes out to dinner with Caitlin's family?
(a) A cheeseburger.
(b) A hot dog.
(c) A slab of ribs.
(d) A Ribeye steak.
2. What older student at Martin's school is going to the United States to study?
3. When the airline tickets do not arrive, who visits Martin?
(a) An embassy employee.
(b) An airline agent.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A prophet.
4. Instead of graduation at Martin's school, what happens?
(a) The students go out for dinner to a local restaurant.
(b) The families of the students come to a dance.
(c) The headmaster hosts a final party.
(d) The teachers at the school give each student a gift.
5. What program helps Caitlin move toward her career goal?
(a) Community service program.
(b) Foreign exchange program.
(c) Dual enrollment program.
(d) Apprenticeship program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the water falls at Victoria Falls sound like to Martin?
2. While working as a teacher in a remote village, where does Martin bathe?
3. Where is Martin's teaching assignment?
4. Who does Anne write to as a last resort?
5. What career does Caitlin begin to focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caitlin change her career path during her junior year? (Chapter 37)
2. What do Caitlin and Damon argue about?
3. What effect do the attacks of 9-11 have on Caitlin and her family?
4. Why does Martin choose to leave his teaching position at Chigodora?
5. Why would attending Marist Brothers School be good for Martin?
6. What does Caitlin's family do to welcome Martin to America?
7. How does the box with monsoon supplies sent by Caitlin help Martin's family?
8. What is wrong with Martin's mother when he goes home at semester break?
9. How does Martin's first attempt at the SATs affect his scholarship chances?
10. How does the use of the computer in Mr. Muzawazi's office change Martin's correspondence with Caitlin?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)