|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Martin had his toothbrush?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Thirty months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
2. How do Martin and his mother get to the bank after they received Caitlin's gift of money in May of 1999? (Chapter 16)
(a) They walk.
(b) They take the bus.
(c) They take their canoe.
(d) They call a taxi.
3. Why does Simba get in trouble in school?
(a) Simba is bullying other kids for food because he is hungry.
(b) Simba is tired and falling asleep during lessons.
(c) Simba is sick and vomits on the floor.
(d) Simba is skipping classes because he hates school.
4. What color are Martin's school uniforms?
5. What does Martin find coming out of the communal faucet?
(a) A slow trickle of rusty red liquid.
(b) A gush of putrid water.
(c) A hiss of chemical steam.
(d) A slow trickle of black oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin say Caitlin is wearing on her teeth?
2. What is Caitlin's brother's name?
3. When Martin receives two $20 bills from Caitlin, what does he assume?
4. Where does Caitlin live when the book begins?
5. In the seventh grade, what sport does Caitlin sign up to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Alois and Sekai's reason for marrying affect Martin?
2. Why are Caitlin's parents initially hesitant about helping Martin?
3. What assumptions does Caitlin make about Martin?
4. What impact does seeing the BBC News special report on Zimbabwe have on Caitlin?
5. What is Martin's reaction to hearing his mother cry?
6. What does Caitlin do to help support Martin without asking her parents for more money? (Chapter 29)
7. What does Martin do when he is kicked out of school for non-payment of fees?
8. Where does Cailin go on her first trip abroad?
9. How is Caitlin's friendship with Martin different from the friendships with her girlfriends? (Chapter 11).
10. How does Martin feel about Caitlin sending toothbrushes?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)