|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the foreign exchange student that comes to stay with Caitlin's family?
2. Why does RIchie move back home?
(a) Because he is ill and needs medical attention.
(b) Because he cannot afford tuition.
(c) Because his roommate is mean and dirty.
(d) Because he partied at school instead of attending classes.
3. In the seventh grade, what sport does Caitlin sign up to play?
(a) Field Hockey.
4. Which rock group do Caitlin and Martin both enjoy?
(a) Mumford and Sons.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Spice Girls.
(d) Alabama Shakes.
5. What is Caitlin's first rabbit named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in the Christmas box that Caitlin's family sends to Martin's family brings music back into the Ganda home?
2. What does Martin do during his winter break in August of 1999?
3. What does Caitlin's father do for a living?
4. What nickname does Caitlin's brother give her?
5. What job does Caitlin take on in order to help pay for Martin's support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Caitlin and Anne pack into the Christmas box for Martin's family?
2. How does Martin's family feel about Caitlin?
3. How does Caitlin feel about animals?
4. What does Caitlin discover about her impressions of Carola?
5. What does Martin do when he is kicked out of school for non-payment of fees?
6. How does Martin feel about Caitlin sending toothbrushes?
7. Why does Martin decide not to tell Caitlin about the hardships in his country?
8. Why is Caitlin's experience with a German foreign exchange student not a good one?
9. What surprised Caitlin about the picture of his family that Martin sent? (Chapter 31)
10. What does it mean that Martin is considered "born free"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)