|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
2. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
3. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
4. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
5. What was Hester tried for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of the Forward. What purpose does it serve? What does the Forward contribute to the text? How does the Forward help set the tone for the text? How is the Forward helpful?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)