|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
2. What does the epilogue discuss?
3. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
4. What was Iphigene's fate?
5. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role revenge plays in Tituba's life. What role does revenge play in Christianity, according to Tituba's narration? Why is this ironic?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the way Conde incorporates literature such as Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Miller's The Crucible in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? How does this incorporation build a stronger novel?
Essay Topic 3
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)