|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
2. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
3. What does the epilogue discuss?
4. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
5. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Why is love's ambivalence a theme in the text? Who does Tituba have ambivalent relationships with? What do these relationships tell the reader about Tituba?
Essay Topic 3
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)