|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
2. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
3. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
4. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
5. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)