|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
2. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
3. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
4. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
5. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Conde dismiss texts such as The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the Forward. What purpose does it serve? What does the Forward contribute to the text? How does the Forward help set the tone for the text? How is the Forward helpful?
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the Afterword serve? How does it alter the reader's opinion? Make an argument for why the Afterword is necessary or expendable.
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)