|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
2. What does the band of escapees call itself?
3. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
4. Hester dreams of living in a society dominated by which group of people?
5. Who is John Indian's lover?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the historical context of the novel. Why is it significant to consider the historical context of the novel when examining character motivations?
Essay Topic 2
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)