|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
2. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
3. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
4. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
5. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)