|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
2. What name does Benjamin go by?
3. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
4. What novel is the character Hester from?
5. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
Essay Topic 3
The description of the Boston home as dark and the Barbados home as airy and light serves to tell the reader more about Tituba. What does the reader learn about Tituba as a result of her descriptions of each of these homes?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)