|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
2. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
3. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
4. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
5. What does the epilogue discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of foreshadowing in the text. What does foreshadowing contribute? Does foreshadowing actually become useful in conveying a message to the reader, or is the foreshadowing usually caught in hindsight?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the Forward. What purpose does it serve? What does the Forward contribute to the text? How does the Forward help set the tone for the text? How is the Forward helpful?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is a stronger embodiment of feminist courage - Tituba or Hester?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)