|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
2. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
3. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
4. What does the epilogue discuss?
5. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the way Conde incorporates literature such as Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Miller's The Crucible in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? How does this incorporation build a stronger novel?
Essay Topic 2
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of foreshadowing in the text. What does foreshadowing contribute? Does foreshadowing actually become useful in conveying a message to the reader, or is the foreshadowing usually caught in hindsight?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)