|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
2. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
3. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
4. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
5. What does Christopher want to become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the historical context of the novel. Why is it significant to consider the historical context of the novel when examining character motivations?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Conde dismiss texts such as The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
Essay Topic 3
Why is love's ambivalence a theme in the text? Who does Tituba have ambivalent relationships with? What do these relationships tell the reader about Tituba?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)