|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
2. What novel is the character Hester from?
3. How does Tituba view birth?
4. What does the epilogue discuss?
5. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The description of the Boston home as dark and the Barbados home as airy and light serves to tell the reader more about Tituba. What does the reader learn about Tituba as a result of her descriptions of each of these homes?
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the Afterword serve? How does it alter the reader's opinion? Make an argument for why the Afterword is necessary or expendable.
Essay Topic 3
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)