|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Benjamin have?
2. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
3. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
4. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
5. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of the Forward. What purpose does it serve? What does the Forward contribute to the text? How does the Forward help set the tone for the text? How is the Forward helpful?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the historical context of the novel. Why is it significant to consider the historical context of the novel when examining character motivations?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)