|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
2. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
3. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
4. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
5. When does Tituba go on trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Afterword serve? How does it alter the reader's opinion? Make an argument for why the Afterword is necessary or expendable.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)