|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
2. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
3. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
4. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
5. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character is a stronger embodiment of feminist courage - Tituba or Hester?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role revenge plays in Tituba's life. What role does revenge play in Christianity, according to Tituba's narration? Why is this ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)