|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the historical note admit?
2. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
3. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
4. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
5. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Conde dismiss texts such as The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
Essay Topic 3
Why is religion significant to the story of Tituba? How does Tituba see religion? What kind of religion does Tituba feel comfortable with? Why is this so?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)