|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
2. What name does Benjamin go by?
3. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
4. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
5. What was Hester tried for?
Essay Topic 1
Which character is a stronger embodiment of feminist courage - Tituba or Hester?
Essay Topic 2
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)