|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
2. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
3. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
4. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
5. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the way Conde incorporates literature such as Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Miller's The Crucible in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? How does this incorporation build a stronger novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of foreshadowing in the text. What does foreshadowing contribute? Does foreshadowing actually become useful in conveying a message to the reader, or is the foreshadowing usually caught in hindsight?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)