|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
2. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
3. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
4. How many companions does Deodatus have?
5. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of foreshadowing in the text. What does foreshadowing contribute? Does foreshadowing actually become useful in conveying a message to the reader, or is the foreshadowing usually caught in hindsight?
Essay Topic 3
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)