|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
2. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
3. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. Who is Yao?
5. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
2. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
3. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
4. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
5. How does Tituba try to heal Betsey?
6. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
7. What does physical subjugation cause for Tituba?
8. What role does love play in Tituba's religion?
9. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
10. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
Essay Topic 2Why does Conde dismiss texts such as The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
Essay Topic 3Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)