|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba fear?
2. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
3. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Christopher play in Tituba's life?
2. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
3. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
4. Who is Hester?
5. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
6. Describe Tituba's parents.
7. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
8. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
9. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
10. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Conde dismiss texts such as The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
Essay Topic 3
Why is love's ambivalence a theme in the text? Who does Tituba have ambivalent relationships with? What do these relationships tell the reader about Tituba?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)