|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
2. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
3. Who is Yao?
4. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
5. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does Tituba desire?
2. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
3. How does Tituba try to heal Betsey?
4. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
5. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
6. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
7. What roles do Ann Putnam and Elizabeth Proctor play in Tituba's life?
8. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
9. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
10. Does Tituba fear death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
Essay Topic 2
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
Essay Topic 3
The description of the Boston home as dark and the Barbados home as airy and light serves to tell the reader more about Tituba. What does the reader learn about Tituba as a result of her descriptions of each of these homes?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)