|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
5. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
2. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
3. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
4. Why is Tituba humiliated by her love for John?
5. Why is Tituba wary about relationships?
6. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
7. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
8. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
9. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
10. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
Essay Topic 2
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)