Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
Essay Topic 3
The description of the Boston home as dark and the Barbados home as airy and light serves to tell the reader more about Tituba. What does the reader learn about Tituba as a result of her descriptions of each of these homes?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)