|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
2. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
3. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
4. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
5. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
2. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
3. What role do mother-daughter relationships play in the text?
4. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
5. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
6. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
7. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
8. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
9. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
10. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Why is love's ambivalence a theme in the text? Who does Tituba have ambivalent relationships with? What do these relationships tell the reader about Tituba?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)