|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
Essay Topic 1
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the Forward. What purpose does it serve? What does the Forward contribute to the text? How does the Forward help set the tone for the text? How is the Forward helpful?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the historical context of the novel. Why is it significant to consider the historical context of the novel when examining character motivations?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)