Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
Essay Topic 1
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Why is religion significant to the story of Tituba? How does Tituba see religion? What kind of religion does Tituba feel comfortable with? Why is this so?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the way Conde incorporates literature such as Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Miller's The Crucible in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? How does this incorporation build a stronger novel?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)