|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
2. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
3. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
4. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
5. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tituba wary about relationships?
2. What role does Christopher play in Tituba's life?
3. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
4. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
5. Why does Tituba intentionally miscarry her child?
6. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
7. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
8. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
9. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
10. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
Essay Topic 1
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the way Conde incorporates literature such as Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter and Miller's The Crucible in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? How does this incorporation build a stronger novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)