|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
2. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
3. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
4. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
5. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Tituba fear death?
2. What topic does Scarboro discuss in the Afterword, and why?
3. What role does revenge play in Tituba's life?
4. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
5. What role does love play in Tituba's religion?
6. Who is Iphigene?
7. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
8. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
9. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
10. What does physical subjugation cause for Tituba?
Essay Topic 1
Which character is a stronger embodiment of feminist courage - Tituba or Hester?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)