|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
2. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
3. Who is Abena?
4. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
5. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Scarboro discuss in the Afterword, and why?
2. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
3. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
4. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
5. Why does Tituba stop trusting Abigail?
6. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
7. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
8. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
9. What role do children play in Tituba's life?
10. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the defining role children play in Tituba's life. Consider the miscarriage she has as well as the role Betsey and Abigail play in her life.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)