|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does Tituba help save?
2. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
3. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
4. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
5. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tituba wary about relationships?
2. Describe Tituba's parents.
3. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
4. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
5. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
6. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
7. What power does Tituba desire?
8. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
9. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
10. Why does Benjamin want Tituba to stay with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Afterword serve? How does it alter the reader's opinion? Make an argument for why the Afterword is necessary or expendable.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of foreshadowing in the text. What does foreshadowing contribute? Does foreshadowing actually become useful in conveying a message to the reader, or is the foreshadowing usually caught in hindsight?
Essay Topic 3
What makes discrimination a theme in I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem? What literary devices contribute to the theme of discrimination?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)