|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A town matron tells Tituba to bake a cake with what in it?
2. What is John Indian's first priority?
3. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
4. What is Parris's first name?
5. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
2. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
3. What role do children play in Tituba's life?
4. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
5. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
6. What does physical subjugation cause for Tituba?
7. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
8. Describe Tituba's parents.
9. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
10. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem. Why is this the climax? Why is this important for the reader to note?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role Hester plays in Tituba's life. Why does Tituba dream about Hester, and what do these dreams represent? Why is it significant that Hester hangs herself? How does her death affect Tituba?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)