Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the historical context of the novel. Why is it significant to consider the historical context of the novel when examining character motivations?
Essay Topic 2
What makes I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-heroic story? What elements of parody are evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)