Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
Essay Topic 1
Which character is a stronger embodiment of feminist courage - Tituba or Hester?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tituba's death illuminate mother-daughter relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the Afterword serve? How does it alter the reader's opinion? Make an argument for why the Afterword is necessary or expendable.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)