|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
2. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
3. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
4. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
5. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
2. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
3. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
4. Why does Tituba stop trusting Abigail?
5. According to Tituba, what does Christianity do?
6. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
7. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
8. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
9. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
10. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Tituba passive or active? Give at least three examples of Tituba's activity or inactivity to demonstrate your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way Conde implements voice in the text. Is Tituba's voice strong and clear? Is Tituba's voice very apparent? How can you tell the difference between Tituba's voice and the author's voice?
Essay Topic 3
Tituba sees Parris and is immediately reminded of Satan. Describe the juxtaposition that Conde presents in terms of Tituba's comparison of Parris to Satan.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)