|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Lament for My Lost Child.
(b) Desire to Say Goodbye.
(c) Eagerness for Another Soul.
(d) Sorrow for Our Losses.
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Angela Davis.
(b) Ariana Dust.
(c) Alisha Daniels.
(d) Amanda Dunkirk.
4. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(d) John Indian.
5. Who is Betsey?
(a) Parris's sister.
(b) Elizabeth's sister.
(c) Parris's niece.
(d) Parris's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
2. From what point of view is the novel told?
3. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
4. What is Parris's first name?
5. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
2. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
3. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
4. What does the historical note admit?
5. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
6. Does Tituba fear death?
7. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
8. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
9. Describe Christianity in Salem.
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)