|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
2. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) White male Christians.
(b) Middle-aged white women.
(c) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(d) Slave owners.
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Moving to a new country.
(d) Spiritual visions.
5. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A witch.
(d) A mystic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
2. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
3. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
4. What location does Tituba long for?
5. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tituba's story parallel to Hester's story?
2. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
3. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
4. Why does Tituba intentionally miscarry her child?
5. Does Tituba fear death?
6. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
7. Who is Iphigene?
8. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
9. What role does revenge play in Tituba's life?
10. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)