|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
2. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(a) A pastor she does not know.
5. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
2. What location does Tituba long for?
3. What relationship do Tituba and Elizabeth begin to have?
4. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
5. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
2. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
3. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
4. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
5. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
6. What does the historical note admit?
7. Why does Tituba stop trusting Abigail?
8. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
9. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
10. What role does love play in Tituba's religion?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)