|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Her ancestors.
(c) Dead people.
(d) People on other islands.
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
4. Who is Abigail?
(a) Parris's sister.
(b) Parris's daughter.
(c) Parris's niece.
(d) Parris's wife.
5. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Lament for My Lost Child.
(b) Sorrow for Our Losses.
(c) Eagerness for Another Soul.
(d) Desire to Say Goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
2. What is John Indian's first priority?
3. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
4. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
5. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
2. Describe Tituba's parents.
3. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
4. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
5. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
6. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
7. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
8. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
9. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
10. Who is Iphigene?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)