|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
2. Who is Abigail?
(a) Parris's wife.
(b) Parris's sister.
(c) Parris's daughter.
(d) Parris's niece.
3. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
4. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
5. What location does Tituba long for?
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
2. What cycle does the text refer to?
3. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
5. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
2. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
3. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
4. Why is I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-epic?
5. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
6. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
7. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
8. What role does revenge play in Tituba's life?
9. Describe Christianity in Salem.
10. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)