|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's revenge.
(b) Tituba's life's work.
(c) A document of Tituba's faith.
(d) Tituba's statement of love.
2. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
3. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
4. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
5. Whose life does Tituba help save?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
2. What relationship do Tituba and Elizabeth begin to have?
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
5. How does Conde portray Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
2. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
3. Who is Iphigene?
4. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
5. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
6. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
7. What does physical subjugation cause for Tituba?
8. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
9. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
10. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)