|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was starved.
2. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(c) John Indian.
3. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
4. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A witch.
(c) A slave.
(d) A satanist.
5. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A clean towel.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) A vase and a flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
2. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. What is John Indian's first priority?
5. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Benjamin want Tituba to stay with him?
2. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
3. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
4. Who is Iphigene?
5. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
6. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
7. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
8. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
9. What does the historical note admit?
10. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)