|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
2. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
3. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(d) Survival skills.
4. Whose life does Tituba help save?
5. Which adjective describes John Indian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
2. How was Abena executed?
3. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
4. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
5. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
2. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
3. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
4. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
5. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
6. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
7. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
8. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
9. What does the historical note admit?
10. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)