Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
(a) Sarah Goode.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Anne Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Parris.
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(b) Purely non-fiction.
(d) Folk lore.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
3. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
4. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
5. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
2. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
5. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
6. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
7. Describe Tituba's parents.
8. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
9. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
10. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)