|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
2. What is Parris's first name?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) Tituba's life's work.
(c) A document of Tituba's faith.
(d) Tituba's revenge.
4. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(b) New York.
5. What is John Indian's first priority?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the novel told?
2. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
3. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
4. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
5. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hester's thoughts about revenge.
2. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
3. Why does Tituba intentionally miscarry her child?
4. What power does Tituba desire?
5. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
6. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
7. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
8. What does the historical note admit?
9. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
10. Who is Hester?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)