|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life does Tituba help save?
2. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(b) Middle-aged white women.
(c) White male Christians.
(d) Slave owners.
3. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An Irish butcher.
(b) An English scholar.
(c) An American revolutionary.
(d) An American pastor.
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(b) Her lack of a father.
(c) Her love for John.
(d) Her lack of religion.
5. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's voice.
(b) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's personality.
(d) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location does Tituba long for?
2. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
3. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
4. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
5. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
2. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
3. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
4. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
5. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
6. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
7. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
8. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
9. According to Tituba, what does Christianity do?
10. What role does Christopher play in Tituba's life?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)