|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's life's work.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) Tituba's statement of love.
3. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Alisha Daniels.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Ariana Dust.
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abena?
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. How was Abena executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do children play in Tituba's life?
2. Why is I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-epic?
3. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
4. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
5. How does Tituba try to heal Betsey?
6. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
7. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
8. Who is Iphigene?
9. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
10. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)