|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do Tituba and Elizabeth begin to have?
2. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
3. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
(a) She gains weight.
(b) She stops being short of breath.
(c) She sleeps better.
(d) She has less stress.
4. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's aunt.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's mother.
(d) Tituba's father.
5. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
(a) Charisma Bay.
(b) Carlyle Bay.
(c) Catolique Bay.
(d) Carington Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
2. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
3. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
4. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
5. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do children play in Tituba's life?
2. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
3. Who is Iphigene?
4. What power does Tituba desire?
5. What role does Christopher play in Tituba's life?
6. According to Tituba, what does Christianity do?
7. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
8. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
9. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
10. What does physical subjugation cause for Tituba?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)