|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba fear?
(a) Information will be used against her.
(b) She will lose her faith.
(c) Having children.
(d) Falling in love.
2. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(c) Moving to a new country.
(d) Spiritual visions.
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(b) Tituba is a part of her.
(c) Tituba talks to her.
(d) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
5. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
(c) Santa Claus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
4. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
5. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tituba wary about relationships?
2. Why does Tituba intentionally miscarry her child?
3. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
4. What relationship does Conde claim to have with Tituba?
5. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
6. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
7. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
8. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
9. Why is Tituba humiliated by her love for John?
10. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)