|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An English scholar.
(b) An Irish butcher.
(c) An American pastor.
(d) An American revolutionary.
2. Who is Betsey?
(a) Parris's daughter.
(b) Parris's niece.
(c) Parris's sister.
(d) Elizabeth's sister.
3. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
4. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
5. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
2. How does Conde portray Christianity?
3. What is Parris's first name?
4. What location does Tituba long for?
5. What is John Indian's first priority?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tituba stop trusting Abigail?
2. Why is Angela Davis a good choice for writing the Forward?
3. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
4. What power does Tituba desire?
5. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
6. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
7. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
8. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
9. What roles do Ann Putnam and Elizabeth Proctor play in Tituba's life?
10. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)