|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A cow.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cat.
(d) A horse.
2. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
(a) She gains weight.
(b) She sleeps better.
(c) She has less stress.
(d) She stops being short of breath.
3. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
(a) Elizabeth Parris.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Anne Putnam.
(d) Sarah Goode.
4. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Child to mother to elder.
(b) Birth to death to rebirth.
(c) Love to hate to friendship.
(d) Normal to paranormal.
5. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abena?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
4. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
5. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the fits Abigail and Betsey have?
2. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
3. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
4. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
5. Describe Christianity in Salem.
6. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
7. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
8. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
9. How are derogatory words used to describe Tituba significant? Is it appropriate for Conde to include these racial slurs in the book?
10. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)