|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
2. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
3. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
(a) Elizabeth Parris.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) The woman who owns the sheep.
4. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Julia Walden.
(b) Jamie Winton.
(c) July Whitmore.
(d) Judah White.
5. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
2. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
3. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
4. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
2. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
3. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
4. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
5. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
6. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
7. Why is I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-epic?
8. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
9. What role do children play in Tituba's life?
10. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)