|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She was accused of being a witch.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She attacked her owner.
(d) She refused to go to church.
2. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(c) The significance of romantic love.
(d) The power of prejudice.
3. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Child to mother to elder.
(b) Love to hate to friendship.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Birth to death to rebirth.
4. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He plays loud music.
(b) He yells at them.
(c) He throws things at them.
(d) He throws water on them.
5. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
2. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
3. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
4. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
5. What is Parris's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
2. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
3. What role does love play in Tituba's religion?
4. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
5. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
6. Describe Tituba's parents.
7. What topic does Scarboro discuss in the Afterword, and why?
8. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
9. Who does Tituba find to be most oppressive?
10. Why is I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem a mock-epic?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)