|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
(a) His intensity.
(b) His religion.
(c) His anxiety.
(d) His eagerness.
2. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(b) Her lack of a father.
(c) Her love for John.
(d) Her lack of religion.
3. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
(a) Potion bath.
(b) Magic bath.
(c) Medicine shower.
(d) Power Shower.
4. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(c) White slave owners.
(d) White women.
5. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A vase and a flower.
(c) A clean towel.
(d) A bowl of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
2. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
3. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
4. What is John's faith?
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
2. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
3. How does Tituba tend to feel about other women?
4. What role does love play in Tituba's religion?
5. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
6. Does Tituba fear death?
7. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
8. How is Tituba's story parallel to Hester's story?
9. Why does Benjamin want Tituba to stay with him?
10. How does Tituba describe Elizabeth Parris?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)