|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Alisha Daniels.
(b) Angela Davis.
(c) Amanda Dunkirk.
(d) Ariana Dust.
2. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
3. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(b) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(d) Abigail and Betsey.
4. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
(a) Ms. Endicott.
5. Who is Betsey?
(a) Parris's sister.
(b) Parris's niece.
(c) Elizabeth's sister.
(d) Parris's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
2. Who is Abena?
3. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
4. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
5. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Iphigene?
2. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
3. How are derogatory words used to describe Tituba significant? Is it appropriate for Conde to include these racial slurs in the book?
4. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
5. Why was the rabbit Iphigene gave Tituba symbolic?
6. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
7. What role does spirituality play in Conde's writing?
8. Why is Tituba wary about relationships?
9. Describe Christianity in Salem.
10. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)