|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voices of the faithless.
(c) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(d) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
2. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
3. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
4. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
5. How does Conde portray Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
2. Who is Yao?
3. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
4. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
5. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
2. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
3. What identities does Tituba try to retain?
4. According to Tituba, what does Christianity do?
5. Does Tituba fear death?
6. Why does Tituba reject support from Elizabeth Proctor?
7. What prediction can you make for Tituba based on the Parris family beginning to distrust her?
8. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
9. What topic does Scarboro discuss in the Afterword, and why?
10. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)