|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) White male Christians.
(b) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Middle-aged white women.
2. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Spiritual visions.
(c) Moving to a new country.
3. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
4. Whose life does Tituba help save?
5. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
2. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
3. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
4. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
5. What is John Indian's first priority?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the hypocrisy presented in the juxtaposition between Elizabeth Proctor and the woman who tells Tituba to bake a cake with urine.
2. How does Tituba describe Abigail?
3. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
4. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
5. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
6. Why does Tituba stop trusting Abigail?
7. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
8. Why does Tituba intentionally miscarry her child?
9. What kind of relationship do Hester and Tituba have?
10. Describe Christianity in Salem.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)