|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(b) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(d) Abigail and Betsey.
3. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Desire to Say Goodbye.
(b) Sorrow for Our Losses.
(c) Eagerness for Another Soul.
(d) Lament for My Lost Child.
4. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(d) Survival skills.
5. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Sarah Goode.
(b) Abigail Indian.
(c) Elizabeth Samuels.
(d) Anne Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
2. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
3. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
4. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
5. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
2. Does Tituba forgive the Parris family? Why or why not?
3. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
4. What is the climax of I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem?
5. Why is Tituba humiliated by her love for John?
6. What is ironic about revenge in Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10?
7. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
8. How does Conde juxtapose Parris and Satan?
9. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
10. Why does Conde dismiss The Crucible and The Scarlet Letter?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)