|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A clean towel.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) A vase and a flower.
2. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A witch.
(c) A slave.
(d) A satanist.
3. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Anne Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Samuels.
(c) Sarah Goode.
(d) Abigail Indian.
4. A town matron tells Tituba to bake a cake with what in it?
5. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She almost dies.
(b) She gives birth.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
3. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
4. What is Parris's first name?
5. What does Tituba fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tituba feel when her freedom is purchased?
2. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
3. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. Why is Tituba humiliated by her love for John?
5. Why does Benjamin want Tituba to stay with him?
6. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
7. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
8. What role does revenge play in Tituba's life?
9. Describe Christianity in Salem.
10. Describe the captain on the ship that takes Tituba back to Barbados.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)