|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
2. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(a) Purely non-fiction.
(c) Folk lore.
3. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(a) New York.
4. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
5. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
(b) Santa Claus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
2. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
4. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
5. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of literature is Hester taken from?
2. What happens to John when Tituba is imprisoned?
3. Why was the group of Maroons bad for Tituba?
4. Who is Hester?
5. Compare and contrast the Boston home with Tituba's home in Barbados.
6. What role does Hester play in Tituba's dreams?
7. What does the historical note admit?
8. What role do mother-daughter relationships play in the text?
9. What foreshadowing occurs in Chapters 1 and 2?
10. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)