|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
(a) Elizabeth Parris.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) The woman who owns the sheep.
2. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To please.
(b) To hide.
(c) To serve.
(d) To survive.
4. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(b) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(c) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(d) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
5. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
2. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
3. How was Abena executed?
4. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
5. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tituba feel when she dies?
2. Describe Tituba's view of Christianity.
3. What does an escapee say the reason is for the Salem Witch Trials?
4. Why is a theme in the book 'the ambivalence of love'?
5. What does love typically bring for Tituba?
6. Who is Hester?
7. What role do mother-daughter relationships play in the text?
8. Describe the primary thematic concern in the text.
9. Describe Christianity in Salem.
10. Conde makes the point that love cannot withstand what element?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)