|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the historical note admit?
(a) There is no evidence of Tituba's death.
(b) There is no evidence Tituba was actually pregnant.
(c) There is no evidence Tituba actually existed.
(d) There is no evidence of what happened after Tituba was jailed.
2. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
3. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It collapses.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is swept away in a storm.
(d) It is vandalized.
4. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
5. Hester dreams of living in a society dominated by which group of people?
6. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
7. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
8. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
9. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(b) Link the present to the past.
(c) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(d) Link Tituba to America.
10. How did Hester die?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was executed by hanging.
(d) She hung herself.
11. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
12. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Female solidarity.
(b) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(c) Lack of faith.
(d) Lack of innocence.
13. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He has red hair.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is a practicing mysticist.
14. Who is John Indian's lover?
(a) A wealthy white woman.
(b) A womn in Barbados.
(c) A woman in New York.
(d) A poor black woman.
15. What name does Benjamin go by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
2. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
3. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
4. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
5. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)