|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
2. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
3. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
4. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
5. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link the present to the past.
(b) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(c) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(d) Link Tituba to America.
6. What does Christopher want to become?
7. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is a practicing mysticist.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He has red hair.
8. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
9. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of black people.
(b) Struggles of children.
(c) Struggles of women.
(d) Struggles of non-Christians.
10. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
11. When does Tituba go on trial?
12. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It collapses.
(b) It is swept away in a storm.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It is vandalized.
13. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
14. How many companions does Deodatus have?
15. What does the historical note admit?
(a) There is no evidence Tituba was actually pregnant.
(b) There is no evidence of Tituba's death.
(c) There is no evidence of what happened after Tituba was jailed.
(d) There is no evidence Tituba actually existed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
2. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
3. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
4. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
5. How does Tituba view birth?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)