|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
2. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
3. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is a practicing mysticist.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He has red hair.
4. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Group of escapees.
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Wise men.
5. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Benjamin's family.
(b) Part of Boston.
(c) Part of Salem.
(d) Part of the island.
6. What novel is the character Hester from?
(b) The Scarlet Letter.
(d) The Great Gatsby.
7. What is Deodatus's job?
8. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
(a) Physically attacking his children.
(b) Not practicing Christianity.
(c) Not giving Tituba freedom.
(d) Being a bad person.
9. When does Tituba go on trial?
10. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
(b) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(c) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
(d) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
11. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of children.
(b) Struggles of non-Christians.
(c) Struggles of women.
(d) Struggles of black people.
12. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(d) New York.
13. Who does Tituba want off the island?
(a) Uneducated people.
(b) White people.
14. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
15. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) His dead wife's clothing.
(b) His dead wife's jewelry.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
2. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
3. What does Christopher want to become?
4. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
5. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)