|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
(a) Family politics.
(b) Excitement and hysteria.
(c) Religious vengeance.
2. How many children does Benjamin have?
3. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
4. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
5. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(c) Sexual favors.
6. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
7. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Female solidarity.
(b) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(c) Lack of innocence.
(d) Lack of faith.
8. What was Hester tried for?
(b) Mental illness.
9. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They were all accused of witchcraft.
(b) They all hate Tituba.
(c) They do not speak English.
(d) They are Christians.
10. What novel is the character Hester from?
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Scarlet Letter.
11. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her biological mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
13. How many companions does Deodatus have?
14. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
15. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
2. What does the epilogue discuss?
3. What was Iphigene's fate?
4. Who is John Indian's lover?
5. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)