|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) His dead wife's clothing.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A home.
(d) His dead wife's jewelry.
2. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her biological mother.
3. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(d) New York.
4. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
5. What does the band of escapees call itself?
6. What was Iphigene's fate?
(a) He was executed.
(b) He was sold into slavery.
(c) He escaped punishment.
(d) He was sent to America.
7. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
8. When does Tituba go on trial?
9. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
10. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) To confess for her sins.
(b) Not to give in.
(c) Whatever she is told to do.
(d) To run away.
11. What is Deodatus's job?
12. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of women.
(b) Struggles of children.
(c) Struggles of black people.
(d) Struggles of non-Christians.
13. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
14. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link the present to the past.
(b) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(c) Link Tituba to America.
(d) Keep the dialogue interesting.
15. Who is John Indian's lover?
(a) A womn in Barbados.
(b) A wealthy white woman.
(c) A woman in New York.
(d) A poor black woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
2. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
3. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
4. What does the epilogue discuss?
5. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)