|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
2. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
(b) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
(c) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(d) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
3. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
(a) Not practicing Christianity.
(b) Physically attacking his children.
(c) Not giving Tituba freedom.
(d) Being a bad person.
4. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Benjamin's family.
(c) Part of the island.
(d) Part of Boston.
5. What does the band of escapees call itself?
6. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Wise men.
(c) Group of escapees.
(d) Plantation owners.
7. What novel is the character Hester from?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Scarlet Letter.
8. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
(a) The Parris family.
(d) John Indian.
9. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He has red hair.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is a practicing mysticist.
10. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
11. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
12. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
13. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(d) Sexual favors.
14. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
15. How did Hester die?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was executed by hanging.
(d) She hung herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
2. How many children does Benjamin have?
3. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
4. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
5. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)