|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
2. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
3. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(b) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
(c) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
(d) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
4. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
5. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
(b) Religious vengeance.
(c) Family politics.
(d) Excitement and hysteria.
6. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Benjamin's family.
(c) Part of Boston.
(d) Part of the island.
7. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
8. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(b) Link the present to the past.
(c) Link Tituba to America.
(d) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
9. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
10. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Group of escapees.
(c) Wise men.
(d) Plantation owners.
11. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
12. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
13. How does Tituba view birth?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a curse.
(c) As a shame.
(d) As a scapegoat.
14. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
15. What was Iphigene's fate?
(a) He was sold into slavery.
(b) He was executed.
(c) He was sent to America.
(d) He escaped punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band of escapees call itself?
2. When does Tituba go on trial?
3. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
4. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
5. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)