|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
2. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He has red hair.
(b) He is a practicing mysticist.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is an atheist.
3. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They were all accused of witchcraft.
(b) They all hate Tituba.
(c) They are Christians.
(d) They do not speak English.
4. What is Deodatus's job?
5. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
(a) The Parris family.
(b) John Indian.
6. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
(a) Family politics.
(b) Excitement and hysteria.
(c) Religious vengeance.
7. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
8. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Benjamin's family.
(b) Part of Salem.
(c) Part of the island.
(d) Part of Boston.
9. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of non-Christians.
(b) Struggles of women.
(c) Struggles of children.
(d) Struggles of black people.
10. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He has become more angry.
(b) He appears more prosperous.
(c) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(d) He has become more religous.
11. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
12. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
13. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
14. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
15. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
2. Who is John Indian's lover?
3. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
4. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
5. How did Hester die?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)