|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who persecute her.
(b) Those who laugh at her.
(c) Those who accuse her.
(d) Those who do nothing.
2. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of black people.
(b) Struggles of women.
(c) Struggles of children.
(d) Struggles of non-Christians.
3. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
4. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
(a) Like the people she hates.
(c) A godly person.
5. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her biological mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her grandmother.
6. How many companions does Deodatus have?
7. What does the band of escapees call itself?
8. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
9. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He has become more angry.
(b) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(c) He has become more religous.
(d) He appears more prosperous.
10. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(d) New York.
11. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Female solidarity.
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(d) Lack of innocence.
12. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(b) Sexual favors.
13. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
14. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
(a) Outside, doing laundry.
(b) The prison's restrooms.
(c) The animal's section of the barn.
(d) The prison's kitchen.
15. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) His dead wife's clothing.
(b) A home.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) His dead wife's jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
2. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
3. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
4. What novel is the character Hester from?
5. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)