|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
2. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her biological mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
3. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) His dead wife's jewelry.
(c) His dead wife's clothing.
(d) A home.
4. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
5. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
(a) A flower.
(b) Her foot.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) A book.
6. How many children does Benjamin have?
7. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
8. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
9. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(b) Link Tituba to America.
(c) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(d) Link the present to the past.
10. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
(a) Physically attacking his children.
(b) Not practicing Christianity.
(c) Being a bad person.
(d) Not giving Tituba freedom.
11. Hester dreams of living in a society dominated by which group of people?
12. How did Hester die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She was executed by hanging.
13. What novel is the character Hester from?
(b) The Scarlet Letter.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
14. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(b) New York.
15. How many guardian spirits does Tituba think she has?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tituba want off the island?
2. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
3. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
4. How many companions does Deodatus have?
5. Who is John Indian's lover?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)