|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Lack of innocence.
(b) Lack of faith.
(c) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(d) Female solidarity.
2. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
3. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
(a) Outside, doing laundry.
(b) The prison's restrooms.
(c) The prison's kitchen.
(d) The animal's section of the barn.
4. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
5. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
(b) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(c) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
(d) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
6. What was Iphigene's fate?
(a) He was sold into slavery.
(b) He was executed.
(c) He escaped punishment.
(d) He was sent to America.
7. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
8. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
9. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He has red hair.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is a practicing mysticist.
10. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
(a) Not practicing Christianity.
(b) Not giving Tituba freedom.
(c) Being a bad person.
(d) Physically attacking his children.
11. How did Hester die?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was executed by hanging.
12. How many children does Benjamin have?
13. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It collapses.
(c) It is swept away in a storm.
(d) It is vandalized.
14. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
15. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) A home.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) His dead wife's jewelry.
(d) His dead wife's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
2. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
3. Who does Tituba want off the island?
4. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
5. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)