|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Iphigene's fate?
(a) He escaped punishment.
(b) He was executed.
(c) He was sent to America.
(d) He was sold into slavery.
2. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
(a) Her foot.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) A book.
(d) A flower.
3. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who laugh at her.
(b) Those who accuse her.
(c) Those who do nothing.
(d) Those who persecute her.
4. What does the band of escapees call itself?
5. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
6. In what type of building is Tituba imprisoned?
7. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(b) He has become more angry.
(c) He appears more prosperous.
(d) He has become more religous.
8. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Boston.
(c) Part of the island.
(d) Part of Benjamin's family.
9. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(a) New York.
10. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link the present to the past.
(b) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(c) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(d) Link Tituba to America.
11. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
12. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
13. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) To confess for her sins.
(b) Whatever she is told to do.
(c) Not to give in.
(d) To run away.
14. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
15. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
2. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
3. When does Tituba go on trial?
4. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
5. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)