|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is a practicing mysticist.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He has red hair.
2. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her biological mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(d) Sexual favors.
4. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
5. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
6. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
7. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
8. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
9. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
(b) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
(c) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(d) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
10. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who persecute her.
(b) Those who laugh at her.
(c) Those who accuse her.
(d) Those who do nothing.
11. When does Tituba go on trial?
12. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
13. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) Whatever she is told to do.
(b) To run away.
(c) To confess for her sins.
(d) Not to give in.
14. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
15. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel is the character Hester from?
2. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
3. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
4. How many companions does Deodatus have?
5. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)