|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
2. An escapee of the Salem witch trials says that the trials are a part of which of the following?
(a) Religious vengeance.
(b) Excitement and hysteria.
(c) Family politics.
3. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) Not to give in.
(b) To run away.
(c) Whatever she is told to do.
(d) To confess for her sins.
4. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
5. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of black people.
(b) Struggles of non-Christians.
(c) Struggles of women.
(d) Struggles of children.
6. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
(d) His wife.
7. Who does Tituba want off the island?
(a) White people.
(d) Uneducated people.
8. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
9. How many guardian spirits does Tituba think she has?
10. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who laugh at her.
(b) Those who persecute her.
(c) Those who do nothing.
(d) Those who accuse her.
11. How many children does Benjamin have?
12. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Benjamin's family.
(c) Part of Boston.
(d) Part of the island.
13. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
14. How does Tituba view birth?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a shame.
(c) As a scapegoat.
(d) As a curse.
15. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
2. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
3. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
4. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
5. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)