|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Wise men.
(b) Plantation owners.
(c) Group of escapees.
2. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They are Christians.
(b) They all hate Tituba.
(c) They do not speak English.
(d) They were all accused of witchcraft.
3. What novel is the character Hester from?
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) The Scarlet Letter.
4. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
5. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
6. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
7. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
8. What does the band of escapees call itself?
9. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
10. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
(a) Like the people she hates.
(d) A godly person.
11. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
12. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
13. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Lack of innocence.
(b) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(c) Female solidarity.
(d) Lack of faith.
14. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
15. How old was Sarah Goode's daughter when Tituba had an encounter with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
2. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
3. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
4. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
5. What does the historical note admit?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)