|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(b) Link the present to the past.
(c) Keep the dialogue interesting.
(d) Link Tituba to America.
2. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
3. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
(a) Lack of faith.
(b) That Tituba is a lesbian.
(c) Lack of innocence.
(d) Female solidarity.
4. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
5. Who does Tituba want off the island?
(b) Uneducated people.
(d) White people.
6. How many guardian spirits does Tituba think she has?
7. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
8. What was Hester tried for?
(c) Mental illness.
9. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
10. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It collapses.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is swept away in a storm.
(d) It is vandalized.
11. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is a practicing mysticist.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He has red hair.
12. What is Deodatus's job?
13. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her biological mother.
14. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
15. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
2. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
3. What does Christopher want to become?
4. What are the wise men in Barbados called?
5. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)