|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel is the character Hester from?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) The Scarlet Letter.
2. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They are Christians.
(b) They were all accused of witchcraft.
(c) They do not speak English.
(d) They all hate Tituba.
3. Hester dreams of living in a society dominated by which group of people?
4. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
5. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
(b) His wife.
6. How does Tituba react to Iphigene initiating sex with her?
7. How many children does Benjamin have?
8. When does Tituba go on trial?
9. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(b) Link Tituba to America.
(c) Link the present to the past.
(d) Keep the dialogue interesting.
10. Who is the leader of the group of escapees?
11. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
12. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(d) Sexual favors.
13. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
14. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
(a) The prison's restrooms.
(b) The animal's section of the barn.
(c) Outside, doing laundry.
(d) The prison's kitchen.
15. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of non-Christians.
(b) Struggles of women.
(c) Struggles of black people.
(d) Struggles of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
2. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
3. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
4. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
5. Tituba believes that she will return to the physical world as which of the following?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)