|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is a practicing mysticist.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He has red hair.
(d) He is Jewish.
2. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
3. How many companions does Deodatus have?
4. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) To run away.
(b) Whatever she is told to do.
(c) Not to give in.
(d) To confess for her sins.
5. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It is swept away in a storm.
(b) It collapses.
(c) It is vandalized.
(d) It is burned down.
6. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Plantation owners.
(c) Wise men.
(d) Group of escapees.
7. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
8. Who does Tituba want off the island?
(b) Uneducated people.
(c) White people.
9. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
10. What does the epilogue discuss?
(a) The events that have occurred since Tituba left America.
(b) The events that have occurred since Tituba's death.
(c) The events that lead up to the Tituba's return to America.
(d) The events leading up to the birth of Tituba's daughter.
11. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
12. How does Tituba view birth?
(a) As a scapegoat.
(b) As a shame.
(c) As a curse.
(d) As a blessing.
13. What name does Benjamin go by?
14. How many children does Benjamin have?
15. What does the historical note admit?
(a) There is no evidence Tituba was actually pregnant.
(b) There is no evidence of Tituba's death.
(c) There is no evidence of what happened after Tituba was jailed.
(d) There is no evidence Tituba actually existed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
2. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
3. What novel is the character Hester from?
4. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
5. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)