|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
(a) John Indian.
(d) The Parris family.
2. What does Hester tell Tituba to do?
(a) To run away.
(b) To confess for her sins.
(c) Not to give in.
(d) Whatever she is told to do.
3. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He appears more prosperous.
(b) He has become more angry.
(c) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(d) He has become more religous.
4. What does Tituba drop a knife on?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) Her foot.
(c) A book.
(d) A flower.
5. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
6. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
7. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who laugh at her.
(b) Those who do nothing.
(c) Those who accuse her.
(d) Those who persecute her.
8. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
9. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Boston.
(c) Part of Benjamin's family.
(d) Part of the island.
10. What does Christopher want to become?
11. What does the historical note admit?
(a) There is no evidence of Tituba's death.
(b) There is no evidence Tituba actually existed.
(c) There is no evidence Tituba was actually pregnant.
(d) There is no evidence of what happened after Tituba was jailed.
12. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
13. What is the name of the girl Tituba says she has adopted?
14. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
15. What is Deodatus's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
2. In Tituba's dreams, who represents sexuality?
3. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
4. What was Iphigene's fate?
5. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)