|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was required to pay for Tituba's time spent in jail?
(c) John Indian.
(d) The Parris family.
2. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
3. What gift does Tituba accept from Benjamin?
(a) A home.
(b) His dead wife's clothing.
(c) His dead wife's jewelry.
(d) A marriage proposal.
4. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They are Christians.
(b) They all hate Tituba.
(c) They do not speak English.
(d) They were all accused of witchcraft.
5. Tituba regrets not being with which person after her death?
6. Who does Tituba want off the island?
(c) Uneducated people.
(d) White people.
7. What does Tituba believe her spirit has become when she dies?
(a) Part of Salem.
(b) Part of Benjamin's family.
(c) Part of the island.
(d) Part of Boston.
8. What kind of shelter does Tituba take?
9. Tituba says that after her death, what kind of struggles will end?
(a) Struggles of women.
(b) Struggles of children.
(c) Struggles of black people.
(d) Struggles of non-Christians.
10. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He appears more prosperous.
(b) He has become more angry.
(c) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(d) He has become more religous.
11. What happens to Tituba's home on Barbados?
(a) It is swept away in a storm.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It collapses.
(d) It is vandalized.
12. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
13. Whose child is Tituba pregnant with?
14. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
15. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the epilogue discuss?
2. How does Tituba view birth?
3. What novel is the character Hester from?
4. What was Hester tried for?
5. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)