|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Benjamin have?
2. Who does Tituba finds out are plotting against her on Barbados?
(a) Plantation owners.
(b) Group of escapees.
(c) Wise men.
3. What was Hester tried for?
(a) Mental illness.
4. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
(b) Sexual favors.
5. When Tituba is imprisoned, what does she notice about John Indian?
(a) He is also accused of witchcraft.
(b) He appears more prosperous.
(c) He has become more angry.
(d) He has become more religous.
6. What does Scarboro discuss the history of?
7. Where does Deodatus take Tituba?
8. Hester says that Tituba should take revenge on whom?
(a) Those who accuse her.
(b) Those who laugh at her.
(c) Those who persecute her.
(d) Those who do nothing.
9. How many men was Tituba beaten and assaulted by?
10. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
(a) The prison's restrooms.
(b) The animal's section of the barn.
(c) The prison's kitchen.
(d) Outside, doing laundry.
11. Who is John Indian's lover?
(a) A womn in Barbados.
(b) A wealthy white woman.
(c) A woman in New York.
(d) A poor black woman.
12. How many guardian spirits does Tituba think she has?
13. What is the occupation of the Jewish man Tituba meets?
14. What does Benjamin want Tituba to become?
(c) His wife.
15. What kind of animal does Iphigene take to Tituba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band of escapees call itself?
2. What novel is the character Hester from?
3. How many magistrates were at the Salem meeting?
4. Hester says that if Tituba took generalized revenge on everybody, what would she become?
5. What does Christopher want to become?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)