|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
3. Who is Yao?
(a) Tituba's aunt.
(b) Tituba's adopted father.
(c) Tituba's mother's rapist.
(d) Tituba's adopted mother.
4. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of the faithless.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
5. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's mother.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's father.
6. Who is Betsey?
(a) Parris's sister.
(b) Elizabeth's sister.
(c) Parris's niece.
(d) Parris's daughter.
7. A town matron tells Tituba to bake a cake with what in it?
8. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(b) It comforts her.
(c) It makes her uneasy.
(d) It makes her feel more spiritual.
9. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
10. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
(a) Magic bath.
(b) Power Shower.
(c) Potion bath.
(d) Medicine shower.
11. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(d) Physical subjugation.
12. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(b) Tituba's voice.
(c) Tituba's personality.
(d) Documents about Tituba's faith.
13. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Spiritual visions.
(c) Moving to a new country.
14. What does Tituba fear?
(a) Having children.
(b) Information will be used against her.
(c) Falling in love.
(d) She will lose her faith.
15. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An Irish butcher.
(b) An American pastor.
(c) An English scholar.
(d) An American revolutionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
2. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
3. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
4. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
5. What location does Tituba long for?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)