|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
2. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
3. What is John Indian's first priority?
4. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
5. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(b) White slave owners.
(c) White women.
6. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(b) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(c) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(d) Abigail and Betsey.
7. What location does Tituba long for?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
8. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
9. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
10. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Moving to a new country.
(c) Spiritual visions.
11. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's life's work.
(d) Tituba's revenge.
12. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(a) New York.
13. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Birth to death to rebirth.
(b) Love to hate to friendship.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Child to mother to elder.
14. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(a) A mysterious woman.
15. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's wife.
(b) She is Parris's sister.
(c) She is Parris's niece.
(d) She is Parris's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
2. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
3. How does Conde portray Christianity?
4. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
5. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)