|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
3. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A witch.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A satanist.
(d) A slave.
4. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(c) A visitor.
5. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
6. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(c) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(d) Abigail and Betsey.
7. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
8. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She gives birth.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She almost dies.
9. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(b) New York.
10. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
(d) Santa Claus.
11. What is Parris's first name?
12. Who is Betsey?
(a) Parris's daughter.
(b) Parris's sister.
(c) Parris's niece.
(d) Elizabeth's sister.
13. What does Tituba fear?
(a) Falling in love.
(b) Information will be used against her.
(c) Having children.
(d) She will lose her faith.
14. Who is Yao?
(a) Tituba's aunt.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's mother's rapist.
(d) Tituba's adopted father.
15. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
2. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
4. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
5. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)