|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
2. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. Whose life does Tituba help save?
4. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
5. Which adjective describes John Indian?
6. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(b) New York.
7. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
8. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba talks to her.
(b) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(c) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(d) Tituba is a part of her.
9. What location does Tituba long for?
(a) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
10. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
11. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The power of prejudice.
(c) The significance of romantic love.
12. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
13. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
14. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her uneasy.
(b) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(c) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(d) It comforts her.
15. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme does John represent?
2. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
3. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
4. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
5. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)