|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A clean towel.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) A dead mouse.
(d) A vase and a flower.
2. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(b) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(c) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(d) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
3. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
4. What theme does John represent?
(a) Compassion found in religion.
(b) The ambivalence of love.
5. What relationship do Tituba and Elizabeth begin to have?
6. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
7. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
(a) Carlyle Bay.
(b) Catolique Bay.
(c) Carington Bay.
(d) Charisma Bay.
8. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
9. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Elizabeth Samuels.
(b) Sarah Goode.
(c) Anne Putnam.
(d) Abigail Indian.
10. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
11. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
12. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
13. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(d) Physical subjugation.
14. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
15. Whose life does Tituba help save?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
2. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
3. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
4. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
5. Who is Betsey?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)