|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
2. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Judah White.
(b) July Whitmore.
(c) Julia Walden.
(d) Jamie Winton.
3. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A cat.
4. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
5. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
6. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Moving to a new country.
(b) Spiritual visions.
7. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was beaten.
(c) She was hanged.
(d) She was shot.
8. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
9. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(b) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(c) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
(d) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
10. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
11. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
12. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of the faithless.
13. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
(a) Catolique Bay.
(b) Charisma Bay.
(c) Carlyle Bay.
(d) Carington Bay.
14. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
15. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
2. Which adjective describes John Indian?
3. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
4. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
5. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)