|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(c) A visitor.
2. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Julia Walden.
(b) July Whitmore.
(c) Jamie Winton.
(d) Judah White.
3. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(b) A pastor she does not know.
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
6. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
7. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(a) John Indian.
8. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Child to mother to elder.
(b) Normal to paranormal.
(c) Love to hate to friendship.
(d) Birth to death to rebirth.
9. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To please.
(b) To hide.
(c) To serve.
(d) To survive.
10. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's daughter.
(b) She is Parris's niece.
(c) She is Parris's wife.
(d) She is Parris's sister.
11. What is John's faith?
12. What location does Tituba long for?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
13. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(a) Folk lore.
(d) Purely non-fiction.
14. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
15. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was beaten.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
2. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
3. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
4. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
5. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)