|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was starved.
(d) She was beaten.
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A witch.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A mystic.
4. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's mother.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's father.
5. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
6. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
7. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
(a) The woman who owns the sheep.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Elizabeth Parris.
8. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of the faithless.
(c) The voices of many unheard black women.
(d) The voices of women accused of being witches.
9. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
10. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(d) A mysterious woman.
11. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(b) John Indian.
12. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
13. What is Parris's first name?
14. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(c) White women.
(d) White slave owners.
15. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme does John represent?
2. What is John's faith?
3. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
4. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
5. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)