|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Indian's first priority?
2. Whose life does Tituba help save?
3. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Elizabeth Samuels.
(b) Sarah Goode.
(c) Abigail Indian.
(d) Anne Putnam.
4. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(d) John Indian.
5. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(c) Survival skills.
6. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
7. What theme does John represent?
(a) The ambivalence of love.
(b) Compassion found in religion.
8. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
9. What location does Tituba long for?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
10. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(d) A visitor.
11. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(b) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(c) Tituba talks to her.
(d) Tituba is a part of her.
12. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(b) Her ancestors.
(c) People on other islands.
13. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(b) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(c) Abigail and Betsey.
14. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(c) New York.
15. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
2. Who is Betsey?
3. How does Yao die?
4. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
5. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)