|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
2. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
3. How does Yao die?
(a) He is hanged after being on trial.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is shot trying to escape.
(d) He is attacked by an animal.
4. What location does Tituba long for?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
5. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(c) Survival skills.
6. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
(a) His anxiety.
(b) His religion.
(c) His eagerness.
(d) His intensity.
7. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
8. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) Slave owners.
(b) White male Christians.
(c) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(d) Middle-aged white women.
9. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A witch.
(d) A mystic.
10. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
11. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Love to hate to friendship.
(b) Child to mother to elder.
(c) Birth to death to rebirth.
(d) Normal to paranormal.
12. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(b) New York.
13. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) The birth of Tituba's child.
(b) Tituba's death.
(c) John Indian's death.
(d) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
14. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
15. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A slave.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A satanist.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
2. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
3. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
4. What is John Indian's first priority?
5. What is Parris's first name?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)