|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
2. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To serve.
(b) To please.
(c) To hide.
(d) To survive.
3. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(c) Purely non-fiction.
(d) Folk lore.
4. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(c) New York.
5. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
6. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The significance of romantic love.
(c) The power of prejudice.
7. What is John's faith?
8. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
9. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
10. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A bowl of water.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A vase and a flower.
(d) A clean towel.
11. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was hanged.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was starved.
12. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
13. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
14. Who is Betsey?
(a) Elizabeth's sister.
(b) Parris's daughter.
(c) Parris's niece.
(d) Parris's sister.
15. Which adjective describes John Indian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
2. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
3. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
4. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
5. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)