|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A cat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
2. What is John's faith?
3. Which adjective describes John Indian?
4. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
5. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
6. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Julia Walden.
(b) Jamie Winton.
(c) Judah White.
(d) July Whitmore.
7. What is John Indian's first priority?
8. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's voice.
(b) Tituba's personality.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Documents about Tituba's faith.
9. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The power of prejudice.
(d) The significance of romantic love.
10. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She almost dies.
(b) She gives birth.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is raped.
11. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(d) Physical subjugation.
12. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
13. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Anne Putnam.
(c) Sarah Goode.
(d) Elizabeth Parris.
14. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
(a) She accepts her invitation of friendship.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She reacts negatively.
(d) She reassures her that everything will be okay.
15. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) The birth of Tituba's child.
(b) Tituba's death.
(c) John Indian's death.
(d) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. How was Abena executed?
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
4. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
5. Yaya tells Tituba that which adjective describes all black people?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)