|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
2. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
4. What does Tituba fear?
(a) Having children.
(b) She will lose her faith.
(c) Information will be used against her.
(d) Falling in love.
5. Who stops Tituba from helping Betsey?
6. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Elizabeth Samuels.
(b) Abigail Indian.
(c) Sarah Goode.
(d) Anne Putnam.
7. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is hanged after being on trial.
8. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) White male Christians.
(b) Slave owners.
(c) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(d) Middle-aged white women.
9. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's wife.
(b) She is Parris's daughter.
(c) She is Parris's sister.
(d) She is Parris's niece.
10. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Jamie Winton.
(b) July Whitmore.
(c) Julia Walden.
(d) Judah White.
11. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
12. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her lack of a father.
(b) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(c) Her lack of religion.
(d) Her love for John.
13. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It comforts her.
(b) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(c) It makes her uneasy.
(d) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
14. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's personality.
(b) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Tituba's voice.
15. What theme does John represent?
(a) Compassion found in religion.
(b) The ambivalence of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cycle does the text refer to?
2. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
3. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
4. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
5. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)