|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(d) Survival skills.
2. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
3. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
4. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(a) White women.
(b) White slave owners.
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) A document of Tituba's faith.
(b) Tituba's statement of love.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
6. What theme does John represent?
(a) The ambivalence of love.
(b) Compassion found in religion.
7. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She is raped.
(b) She is married.
(c) She almost dies.
(d) She gives birth.
8. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her uneasy.
(b) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(c) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(d) It comforts her.
9. What location does Tituba long for?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
10. How does Conde portray Christianity?
11. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
12. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's wife.
(b) She is Parris's sister.
(c) She is Parris's daughter.
(d) She is Parris's niece.
13. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
14. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(d) A pastor she does not know.
15. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
4. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
5. Who is Abena?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)