|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(c) A visitor.
2. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(c) A mysterious woman.
3. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
(c) Survival skills.
6. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
7. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
8. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) People on other islands.
(b) Dead people.
(d) Her ancestors.
9. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Abigail and Betsey.
(b) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
(d) Betsey and Elizabeth.
10. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
11. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
12. What theme does John represent?
(a) Compassion found in religion.
(b) The ambivalence of love.
13. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(a) White slave owners.
(c) White women.
14. A town matron tells Tituba to bake a cake with what in it?
15. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
4. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
5. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)