|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A town matron tells Tituba to bake a cake with what in it?
2. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(a) A mysterious woman.
3. How does Yao die?
(a) He is hanged after being on trial.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He is shot trying to escape.
4. Who does Tituba hear humming her poem?
5. What does Tituba fear?
(a) She will lose her faith.
(b) Falling in love.
(c) Having children.
(d) Information will be used against her.
6. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
7. Who is Abigail?
(a) Parris's sister.
(b) Parris's niece.
(c) Parris's daughter.
(d) Parris's wife.
8. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To survive.
(b) To hide.
(c) To please.
(d) To serve.
9. Which adjective describes John Indian?
10. What is John Indian's first priority?
11. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
12. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He yells at them.
(b) He throws water on them.
(c) He throws things at them.
(d) He plays loud music.
13. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) Tituba's life's work.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) A document of Tituba's faith.
14. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Judah White.
(b) Jamie Winton.
(c) Julia Walden.
(d) July Whitmore.
15. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
(b) The birth of Tituba's child.
(c) Tituba's death.
(d) John Indian's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conde portray Christianity?
2. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
3. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
4. Who is Yao?
5. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)