|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
2. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
3. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
4. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(c) A mysterious woman.
5. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A witch.
(b) A satanist.
(c) A slave.
(d) A spirit.
6. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
7. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(c) Purely non-fiction.
(d) Folk lore.
8. Which adjective describes John Indian?
9. Elizabeth finds Tituba's talk about sex to be which of the following?
10. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(b) John Indian.
11. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voices of women accused of being witches.
12. How does Tituba react to Elizabeth Proctor?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She reassures her that everything will be okay.
(c) She reacts negatively.
(d) She accepts her invitation of friendship.
13. How does Conde portray Christianity?
14. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba is a part of her.
(b) Tituba talks to her.
(c) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(d) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
15. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(a) A visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
2. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
3. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
4. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
5. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)