|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She attacked her owner.
(c) She was accused of being a witch.
(d) She refused to go to church.
2. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(c) A pastor she does not know.
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A slave.
(c) A satanist.
(d) A witch.
5. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her lack of a father.
(b) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(c) Her love for John.
(d) Her lack of religion.
6. What is John's faith?
7. How does Conde portray Christianity?
8. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
9. Which members of the Parris family have been having fits?
(a) Betsey and Elizabeth.
(c) Abigail and Betsey.
(d) Abigail, Elizabeth, and Betsey.
10. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To survive.
(b) To please.
(c) To hide.
(d) To serve.
11. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
12. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's daughter.
(b) She is Parris's sister.
(c) She is Parris's wife.
(d) She is Parris's niece.
13. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(b) John Indian.
14. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
(a) A visitor.
15. What is John Indian's first priority?
Short Answer Questions
1. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
2. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
3. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
4. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
5. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)