|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
2. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(b) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
(c) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(d) Kill Ms. Endicott.
3. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) Tituba's death.
(b) The birth of Tituba's child.
(c) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
(d) John Indian's death.
4. How does Yao die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is shot trying to escape.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He is hanged after being on trial.
5. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
6. What is John Indian's first priority?
7. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To survive.
(b) To serve.
(c) To hide.
(d) To please.
8. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
(d) John Indian.
9. Whose life does Tituba help save?
10. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He plays loud music.
(b) He yells at them.
(c) He throws things at them.
(d) He throws water on them.
11. What is the result of the bath Tituba gives to Betsey?
(a) She gains weight.
(b) She sleeps better.
(c) She stops being short of breath.
(d) She has less stress.
12. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's father.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's mother.
13. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(c) Spiritual visions.
(d) Moving to a new country.
14. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
(d) Santa Claus.
15. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's revenge.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's statement of love.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
2. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
3. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
4. What does Tituba fear?
5. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)