Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
3. What location does Tituba long for?
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
(a) Sarah Goode.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Anne Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Parris.
5. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(b) Purely non-fiction.
(d) Folk lore.
6. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
7. Who warns Tituba about getting revenge?
(c) John Indian.
8. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(c) John Indian.
9. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
10. What does Tituba call the hot water remedy she makes for Betsey?
(a) Medicine shower.
(b) Potion bath.
(c) Magic bath.
(d) Power Shower.
11. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
12. What is Parris's first name?
13. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(c) A pastor she does not know.
14. At sunrise, what does Tituba sacrifice?
(a) A cat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
15. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
(b) Tituba's death.
(c) John Indian's death.
(d) The birth of Tituba's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba fear?
2. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
3. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
4. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)