|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
2. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(a) White slave owners.
(d) White women.
3. What is John Indian's first priority?
4. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Julia Walden.
(b) Judah White.
(c) July Whitmore.
(d) Jamie Winton.
5. What does Tituba fear?
(a) Having children.
(b) Information will be used against her.
(c) She will lose her faith.
(d) Falling in love.
6. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's voice.
(b) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Tituba's personality.
7. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
8. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's father.
(b) Tituba's mother.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's adopted mother.
9. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An Irish butcher.
(b) An English scholar.
(c) An American revolutionary.
(d) An American pastor.
10. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
11. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He plays loud music.
(b) He yells at them.
(c) He throws water on them.
(d) He throws things at them.
12. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
13. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A witch.
(b) A slave.
(c) A satanist.
(d) A spirit.
14. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(b) Physical subjugation.
15. How is Elizabeth related to Parris?
(a) She is Parris's sister.
(b) She is Parris's wife.
(c) She is Parris's niece.
(d) She is Parris's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
2. A doctor says that Abigail and Betsey are being victimized by whom or what?
3. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
4. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
5. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)