|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is hanged after being on trial.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
3. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) July Whitmore.
(b) Jamie Winton.
(c) Judah White.
(d) Julia Walden.
4. Who is Abigail?
(a) Parris's daughter.
(b) Parris's niece.
(c) Parris's wife.
(d) Parris's sister.
5. How does Conde portray Christianity?
6. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was starved.
7. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A mystic.
(c) A witch.
(d) A Christian.
8. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
9. Who tells Tituba to leave her alone?
10. What does Tituba fear?
(a) She will lose her faith.
(b) Having children.
(c) Falling in love.
(d) Information will be used against her.
11. The woman who owns sheep alludes to which event?
(a) Tituba's death.
(b) The rebirth of Tituba as a spirit.
(c) The birth of Tituba's child.
(d) John Indian's death.
12. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voices of many unheard black women.
(d) The voices of the faithless.
13. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
14. What is Parris's first name?
15. Whose life does Tituba help save?
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
2. What does Tituba describe as an unavoidable part of Christianity?
3. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
4. What is John's faith?
5. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)