|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Historical Note, Glossary, Afterword, Bibliography.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) Middle-aged white women.
(b) White male Christians.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Those who believe in a religious deity.
2. What was Iphigene's fate?
(a) He escaped punishment.
(b) He was sent to America.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He was sold into slavery.
3. What does Conde's use of contemporary terms do?
(a) Link Tituba to the modern reader.
(b) Link the present to the past.
(c) Link Tituba to America.
(d) Keep the dialogue interesting.
4. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He throws things at them.
(b) He throws water on them.
(c) He plays loud music.
(d) He yells at them.
5. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba says that she and Iphigene have started which of the following?
2. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
3. Whose life does Tituba help save?
4. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
5. What theme does John represent?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)