|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theme does John represent?
(a) Compassion found in religion.
(c) The ambivalence of love.
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's life's work.
(b) Tituba's statement of love.
(c) A document of Tituba's faith.
(d) Tituba's revenge.
3. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) Middle-aged white women.
(b) Slave owners.
(c) White male Christians.
(d) Those who believe in a religious deity.
5. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(b) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(c) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(d) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. What does Christopher offer to Tituba?
3. How many people were at the Salem meeting denounced as witches?
4. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
5. Which of the following Parris family members apologizes to Tituba?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)