|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John stop screaming fits of Betsey and Abigail?
(a) He plays loud music.
(b) He throws water on them.
(c) He throws things at them.
(d) He yells at them.
2. A girls asks Tituba if she is which of the following?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A slave.
(c) A satanist.
(d) A witch.
3. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Desire to Say Goodbye.
(b) Lament for My Lost Child.
(c) Sorrow for Our Losses.
(d) Eagerness for Another Soul.
4. What theme does John represent?
(b) The ambivalence of love.
(c) Compassion found in religion.
5. Who was Betsey sent to live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her biological mother.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. What is John Indian's first priority?
3. Who does Tituba become concerned with in terms of health in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
5. What seems to play a significant role in Titiuba's life in Boston?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)