|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vows to Tituba to see her hanged?
(a) A pastor she does not know.
2. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
3. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of the faithless.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
4. How did Hester die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She hung herself.
(c) She was executed by hanging.
(d) She was strangled.
5. Who does Tituba teach her poem to?
(c) A mysterious woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
2. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
3. Who is Yao?
4. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
5. Hester dreams of living in a society dominated by which group of people?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)