|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Tituba that she will survive?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) The woman who owns the sheep.
(d) Elizabeth Parris.
2. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
3. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(b) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
(c) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(d) Kill Ms. Endicott.
4. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(d) Physical subjugation.
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Child to mother to elder.
(b) Normal to paranormal.
(c) Birth to death to rebirth.
(d) Love to hate to friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
2. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
3. What theme does John represent?
4. Whose life does Tituba help save?
5. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)