|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To hide.
(b) To please.
(c) To survive.
(d) To serve.
2. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She was accused of being a witch.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She attacked her owner.
3. Which adjective describes John Indian?
4. What theme does John represent?
(a) The ambivalence of love.
(c) Compassion found in religion.
5. Who does Tituba begin to mistrust in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
2. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
3. Whose life does Tituba help save?
4. Which adjective best describes the Parris family home in Salem?
5. What is John's faith?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)