|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. Who is Yao?
(a) Tituba's mother's rapist.
(b) Tituba's adopted mother.
(c) Tituba's adopted father.
(d) Tituba's aunt.
3. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Eagerness for Another Soul.
(b) Desire to Say Goodbye.
(c) Lament for My Lost Child.
(d) Sorrow for Our Losses.
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was starved.
(d) She was beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
2. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
3. What is Parris's first name?
4. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
5. What does Tituba fear?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)