|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(b) Physical subjugation.
2. What theme does John represent?
(b) Compassion found in religion.
(d) The ambivalence of love.
3. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
4. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An American pastor.
(b) An Irish butcher.
(c) An English scholar.
(d) An American revolutionary.
5. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
2. What does Tituba fear?
3. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
5. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)