|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tituba describe as a mere "accomplice"?
2. What does Tituba use on the window sill as a focus for her imaginings?
(a) A vase and a flower.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A clean towel.
(d) A bowl of water.
3. What theme does John represent?
(a) The ambivalence of love.
(b) Compassion found in religion.
4. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(b) The voices of many unheard black women.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
3. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
4. Tituba and the two girls witness what kind of execution in the streets?
5. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)