|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) People on other islands.
(c) Her ancestors.
(d) Dead people.
2. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
(a) Santa Claus.
3. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
4. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
(a) Lament for My Lost Child.
(b) Desire to Say Goodbye.
(c) Sorrow for Our Losses.
(d) Eagerness for Another Soul.
5. Abigail says that the person they were watching being executed was which of the following?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A witch.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A mystic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
2. Which adjective describes John Indian?
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. Tituba believes that which of John's characteristics is a good balance for her own moodiness?
5. How does Conde portray Christianity?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)