|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To serve.
(b) To survive.
(c) To hide.
(d) To please.
2. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Birth to death to rebirth.
(b) Love to hate to friendship.
(c) Child to mother to elder.
(d) Normal to paranormal.
3. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(c) Physical subjugation.
4. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The power of prejudice.
(c) The significance of romantic love.
5. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
2. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
3. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
4. What is John's faith?
5. Why is Abena executed?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)