|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yao die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is shot trying to escape.
(c) He is hanged after being on trial.
(d) He is attacked by an animal.
2. What is Parris's first name?
3. How does Conde portray Christianity?
4. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
5. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The significance of romantic love.
(d) The power of prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
2. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
5. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)