|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She attacked her owner.
(b) She was accused of being a witch.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She had an abortion.
2. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
3. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
4. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To hide.
(b) To survive.
(c) To serve.
(d) To please.
5. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
2. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
3. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
4. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
5. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)