|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
2. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
(a) Catolique Bay.
(b) Carington Bay.
(c) Carlyle Bay.
(d) Charisma Bay.
3. What is John's faith?
4. Which adjective describes John Indian?
5. John says that which of the following is the first duty of any slave?
(a) To hide.
(b) To survive.
(c) To serve.
(d) To please.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
2. Why is Abena executed?
3. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
4. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)