|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
2. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He is hanged after being on trial.
3. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
4. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(c) People on other islands.
(d) Her ancestors.
5. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
3. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
4. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)