|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
2. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She attacked her owner.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She was accused of being a witch.
3. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's aunt.
(b) Tituba's father.
(c) Tituba's adopted mother.
(d) Tituba's mother.
4. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(b) Physical subjugation.
5. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
(d) Ms. Endicott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
2. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
3. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
4. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)