|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was hanged.
(d) She was beaten.
2. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of many unheard black women.
(c) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(d) The voices of the faithless.
3. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
4. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
5. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(b) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
(c) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
(d) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
2. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
3. Which adjective describes John Indian?
4. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)