|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's faith?
2. How does Conde portray Christianity?
3. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
4. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
5. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her lack of a father.
(b) Her lack of religion.
(c) Her love for John.
(d) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
2. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
3. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
4. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
5. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)