|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(b) Her ancestors.
(c) People on other islands.
2. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(c) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(d) The voices of the faithless.
3. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Alisha Daniels.
(c) Amanda Dunkirk.
(d) Angela Davis.
4. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
5. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It comforts her.
(b) It makes her uneasy.
(c) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(d) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ms. Endicott begin to plot against?
2. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
3. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
4. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)