|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
2. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(a) Physical subjugation.
3. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(b) Her ancestors.
(d) People on other islands.
4. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
(a) Carlyle Bay.
(b) Charisma Bay.
(c) Catolique Bay.
(d) Carington Bay.
5. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She attacked her owner.
(b) She was accused of being a witch.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She had an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
5. How does Yao die?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)