|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(c) Physical subjugation.
2. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Angela Davis.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Alisha Daniels.
(d) Ariana Dust.
3. How does Conde portray Christianity?
4. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She gives birth.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She almost dies.
5. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
2. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
3. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
4. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
5. From what point of view is the novel told?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)