|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An American pastor.
(b) An English scholar.
(c) An Irish butcher.
(d) An American revolutionary.
2. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of the faithless.
(b) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(c) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
3. What theme does John represent?
(b) The ambivalence of love.
(c) Compassion found in religion.
4. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
5. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Angela Davis.
(c) Amanda Dunkirk.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
2. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. What is John's faith?
5. Who is Yao?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)