|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She is married.
(b) She almost dies.
(c) She gives birth.
(d) She is raped.
2. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(b) People on other islands.
(c) Dead people.
(d) Her ancestors.
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her uneasy.
(b) It comforts her.
(c) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(d) It makes her feel more spiritual.
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is hanged after being on trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
2. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
3. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
4. How does Conde portray Christianity?
5. The man who visits Ms. Endicott looks like which figure, according to Tituba?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)