|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
2. What is Tituba told to do by Yaya and Abena?
(a) Kill Ms. Endicott.
(b) Make Ms. Endicott sick.
(c) Convince Ms. Endicott to sell her and John.
(d) Make Ms. Endicott happy.
3. Which of the following does Tituba not face in Part 1, Chapters 3, 4, and 5?
(a) Spiritual visions.
(d) Moving to a new country.
4. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(b) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(c) Tituba is a part of her.
(d) Tituba talks to her.
5. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(c) People on other islands.
(d) Her ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the novel told?
2. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
3. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
4. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)