|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parris's first name?
2. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
3. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She refused to go to church.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She was accused of being a witch.
(d) She attacked her owner.
4. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It comforts her.
(b) It makes her uneasy.
(c) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(d) It makes her feel more spiritual.
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's revenge.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's statement of love.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
3. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
4. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
5. What is John's faith?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)