|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voices of the faithless.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of women accused of being witches.
2. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is hanged after being on trial.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
4. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Dead people.
(b) People on other islands.
(c) Her ancestors.
5. What theme does John represent?
(a) Compassion found in religion.
(c) The ambivalence of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
2. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
3. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)