|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Love to hate to friendship.
(b) Child to mother to elder.
(c) Birth to death to rebirth.
(d) Normal to paranormal.
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's life's work.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's statement of love.
(d) Tituba's revenge.
3. What is John's faith?
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
(a) Ms. Endicott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
2. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
3. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
4. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
5. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)