|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
2. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
3. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She refused to go to church.
(c) She was accused of being a witch.
(d) She attacked her owner.
4. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(b) Dead people.
(c) Her ancestors.
(d) People on other islands.
5. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(b) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(c) It makes her uneasy.
(d) It comforts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
2. How does Yao die?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
5. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)