|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Child to mother to elder.
(b) Love to hate to friendship.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Birth to death to rebirth.
2. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
3. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
4. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of the faithless.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
2. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
4. Why is Abena executed?
5. Which adjective describes John Indian?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)