|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
2. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(a) White slave owners.
(c) White women.
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(b) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(c) It comforts her.
(d) It makes her uneasy.
4. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(b) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(c) Tituba's voice.
(d) Tituba's personality.
5. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was beaten.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
2. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
3. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
4. Who is Yao?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)