|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
2. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(b) The significance of romantic love.
(d) The power of prejudice.
3. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(b) Tituba's personality.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Tituba's voice.
4. How does Yao die?
(a) He is hanged after being on trial.
(b) He is shot trying to escape.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He commits suicide.
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Birth to death to rebirth.
(b) Normal to paranormal.
(c) Love to hate to friendship.
(d) Child to mother to elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
3. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
4. Who is Abena?
5. What theme does John represent?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)