|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
2. What is John's faith?
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It comforts her.
(b) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(c) It makes her uneasy.
(d) It makes her feel more spiritual.
4. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(b) Tituba talks to her.
(c) Tituba is a part of her.
(d) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
5. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She refused to go to church.
(c) She was accused of being a witch.
(d) She attacked her owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
2. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
3. How does Yao die?
4. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
5. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)