|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) A document of Tituba's faith.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
2. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Love to hate to friendship.
(b) Child to mother to elder.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Birth to death to rebirth.
3. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
(b) It makes her uneasy.
(c) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(d) It comforts her.
4. What is John's faith?
5. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
2. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
3. How does Yao die?
4. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
5. Which adjective describes John Indian?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)