|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was starved.
2. How does Yao die?
(a) He is attacked by an animal.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is hanged after being on trial.
(d) He is shot trying to escape.
3. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
4. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(b) Tituba talks to her.
(c) Tituba is a part of her.
(d) Tituba disapproves of her work.
5. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The significance of romantic love.
(c) The power of prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
2. Who is Yao?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. Which adjective describes John Indian?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)