|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(c) The significance of romantic love.
(d) The power of prejudice.
2. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's adopted mother.
(b) Tituba's father.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's mother.
3. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voices of many unheard black women.
(d) The voices of the faithless.
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She attacked her owner.
(b) She was accused of being a witch.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She had an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
2. From what point of view is the novel told?
3. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
4. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
5. What theme does John represent?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)