|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of many unheard black women.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voices of women accused of being witches.
2. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She was accused of being a witch.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She attacked her owner.
3. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
4. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Birth to death to rebirth.
(b) Child to mother to elder.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Love to hate to friendship.
5. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's father.
(b) Tituba's aunt.
(c) Tituba's adopted mother.
(d) Tituba's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
3. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
4. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
5. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)