|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Birth to death to rebirth.
(b) Normal to paranormal.
(c) Love to hate to friendship.
(d) Child to mother to elder.
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
(d) Ms. Endicott.
3. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
4. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's personality.
(b) Tituba's voice.
(c) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(d) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
5. Who is Yao?
(a) Tituba's adopted mother.
(b) Tituba's mother's rapist.
(c) Tituba's adopted father.
(d) Tituba's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the novel told?
2. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
3. What do Abena and Yaya warn Tituba against?
4. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
5. Who is Abena?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)