|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tituba feel about Christianity?
(a) It makes her uneasy.
(b) It comforts her.
(c) It makes her feel more spiritual.
(d) It makes her acknowledge her dark past.
2. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
3. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's voice.
(b) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Tituba's personality.
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yao?
2. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
3. Why is Abena executed?
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
5. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)