|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Love to hate to friendship.
(b) Normal to paranormal.
(c) Birth to death to rebirth.
(d) Child to mother to elder.
2. Which adjective describes John Indian?
3. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She was accused of being a witch.
(b) She attacked her owner.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She had an abortion.
4. How does Yao die?
(a) He is hanged after being on trial.
(b) He is shot trying to escape.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He commits suicide.
5. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
2. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
3. Who is Yao?
4. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
5. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)