|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
3. What theme does John represent?
(c) The ambivalence of love.
(d) Compassion found in religion.
4. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Ariana Dust.
(b) Amanda Dunkirk.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
5. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. Who is Abena?
4. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
5. What is John's faith?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)