|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(b) The voices of the faithless.
(c) The voices of many unheard black women.
(d) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
2. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(b) White slave owners.
(d) White women.
3. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bay is the Endicott Plantation situated on?
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
3. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
4. Who is Yao?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)