|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was beaten.
(c) She was hanged.
(d) She was shot.
2. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
3. Who is Yao?
(a) Tituba's aunt.
(b) Tituba's mother's rapist.
(c) Tituba's adopted father.
(d) Tituba's adopted mother.
4. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
(a) Her ancestors.
(b) People on other islands.
(c) Dead people.
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(b) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voices of many unheard black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective describes John Indian?
2. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
3. From what point of view is the novel told?
4. What is John's faith?
5. What cycle does the text refer to?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)