|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The power of prejudice.
(c) The significance of romantic love.
2. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(b) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(c) Tituba is a part of her.
(d) Tituba talks to her.
3. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
(c) Ms. Endicott.
4. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(b) Tituba's voice.
(c) Tituba's personality.
(d) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
5. From what point of view is the novel told?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
2. What theme does John represent?
3. Who did Yaya claim to communicate with?
4. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
5. Which adjective describes John Indian?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)