|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
2. Hester says that who will never become a feminist?
3. Who claims to have wanted to speak to Tituba about her visions?
(a) Abigail Indian.
(b) Elizabeth Samuels.
(c) Anne Putnam.
(d) Sarah Goode.
4. Where does Tituba begin working while imprisoned?
(a) The prison's kitchen.
(b) The prison's restrooms.
(c) Outside, doing laundry.
(d) The animal's section of the barn.
5. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voices of the faithless.
(c) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
(d) The voices of women accused of being witches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
2. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
3. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
4. In Tituba's dreams of female sexuality, what does the sexuality represent?
5. What is the name of the woman Tituba shares a cell with?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)