|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her lack of religion.
(b) Her love for John.
(c) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(d) Her lack of a father.
2. Why is Abena executed?
(a) She attacked her owner.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She refused to go to church.
(d) She was accused of being a witch.
3. What defines Tituba's love for John Indian?
4. Tituba says that Parris can't find a job for what reason?
(a) His intensity.
(b) His religion.
(c) His anxiety.
(d) His eagerness.
5. How does Yao die?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He is hanged after being on trial.
(d) He commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tituba describe the Boston home?
2. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
3. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
4. What is purity equivalent to in the text?
5. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)