|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines spiritual and emotional subjugation in the text?
(b) Physical subjugation.
2. Whose life does Tituba help save?
3. Ms. Endicott tells Tituba that she will be sold to a man fitting which description?
(a) An American pastor.
(b) An Irish butcher.
(c) An American revolutionary.
(d) An English scholar.
4. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
(a) The voices of many unheard black women.
(b) The voices of women accused of being witches.
(c) The voices of the faithless.
(d) The voice of women seeking sexuality.
5. Where does the ship to America end up placing Tituba?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Abena executed?
2. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
3. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
4. Who is Abena?
5. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)