|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba claims that slaves viewed whites as which of the following?
2. What theme does John represent?
(b) Compassion found in religion.
(c) The ambivalence of love.
3. Who is Abena?
(a) Tituba's adopted mother.
(b) Tituba's father.
(c) Tituba's aunt.
(d) Tituba's mother.
4. What happens to Tituba on the ship to America?
(a) She gives birth.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She almost dies.
5. What does Maryse Conde claim to sense strongly, which helped her to write this book?
(a) Tituba's personality.
(b) Documents about Tituba's faith.
(c) Pieces of dialogue Tituba had with others.
(d) Tituba's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the activist in the Forward say the text is a metaphor for?
2. Who teaches Tituba about herbs?
3. What does Tituba say made Abena beautiful?
4. Tituba wants to be seen in which way?
5. What is the name of the poem in Chapter 8?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)