|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) Tituba's revenge.
(c) A document of Tituba's faith.
(d) Tituba's life's work.
2. What is Parris's first name?
3. Who does Tituba want revenge against?
(a) White slave owners.
(b) White women.
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(b) Her lack of a father.
(c) Her lack of religion.
(d) Her love for John.
5. What is the name of the woman who claims to be acquainted with Yaya?
(a) Julia Walden.
(b) Judah White.
(c) Jamie Winton.
(d) July Whitmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conde portray Christianity?
2. What cycle does the text refer to?
3. What does Tituba decide she wants to be a source of?
4. What relationship do Tituba and Elizabeth begin to have?
5. From what point of view is the novel told?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)